• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Monotpye Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Essence

Aura L♥VE
Years
Introduction
That's right! A combination of two great challenges, the Monotype and Nuzlocke challenges! In this challenge, you will play through a game(s) using only one type, and abiding to the rules of Nuzlocke!

Rules
Abide to the rules at all times

Nuzlocke Rules
1. If any of your pokemon in your party faint, it is counted as "dead". You must release it or shove it in a PC box for all eternity...
2. Revives are not allowed to be used
3. Whenever you arrive at a new town or route, you may only catch one pokemon there. (modified rule of first pokemon you see only)
4. You can only use pokeballs to catch pokemon
5. You may only buy 10 of each item from each pokemart
6. You must have your battle options set to SET rather than SWITCH, meaning you cannot predict your foes next pokemon
7. You can only heal in-battle
8. If all you party pokemon faint and you have no backups then you lose.

Monotype Rules
1. You may only use pokemon of one type.
2. You may only use your starter pokemon (if it's not of your chosen type) until you can get one pokemon of the type, whether from trading or wild encounter.
3. HM Slaves are allowed, but not to be used in battles

Combined Rules
1. When receiving pokemon from trades, you can only:
a. Receive 2 pokemon per badge you have, + 2 pokemon before first badge
b. Receive as eggs so no boosted experience
2. Legendaries are not allowed
3. There is a limit of 2 HM slaves at a time
4. There are two types of the challenge, Ultimate and Single. Ultimate is completing all games with these rules, in the order of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Single is only completing one game. When registering, please specify which you will participate in

Registering
Ultimate Challenge
Name: eg. Steven Hawking
Type: eg. Fire
Game Order: eg, Red, Silver, Sapphire, Diamond

Single Challenge
Name: eg. Albert Einstein
Type: eg. Water
Game: eg. HeartGold

Challengers

Ultimate Challenge:

Single Challenge:

Hall of Fame (Completion):

Ultimate Challenge:
Essence | Grass Type | FR/HG/E/D

Single Challenge:

Banners
I currently have no banners, if you CAN make banners for me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Good luck and have fun with this challenging challenge!

P.S. I have completed this challenge, so it is definitely possible :)

Last edited:

Essence

Aura L♥VE
Years
What does font have to do with anything ;_;. And I'm not changing my colour just for the sake of it! If your theme is different, tough. Highlight it, then you can see. Hpmh!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Seriously? No, I leave it alone unless someone revives it, especially for a dumb reason. Don't do this to other threads, please.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back