• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Favorite Country?

蜃気楼

Jirachi Fan
Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2010
What's your favorite country? mine are USA and Japan, but I live in China and moved to Canada last year. Japan is origin of Pokemon, video games, and USA is origin of most of my favorite free/commercial programs such as Microsoft Visual Studio, Notepad++, Adobe Photoshop.

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
Years
Well I have only been in the USA but other countries that interest me are: Japan, Italy & Australia.

I want to visit Tokyo, Venice and not sure where in Australia.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years
I'd say the US, Canada, and Germany. I've visited Germany twice, but I was too young to have learned much German for either of those visits. Now that I'm taking German in school, I hope the next time I go there I'll be able to communicate better.

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
Years
My favorite countries are USA, Japan, Philippines, Russia and Canada. I love USA because of how they're very dependent and has a good manner. As for Japan since they invented most of the appliances we have today [Computers, TV, etc.] and besides of that, the most thing I love is Pokemon. I never like Philippines. lol, Russia teh red army is cool. Also for Canadians they're cool too. They're funny people. I like them.

Denzer

Why so serious?
Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2013
USA.Central American and South American countries. Some European countries. But Mexico FTW!

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Nazi Germany, their engineering is always top quality; especially their war applications — I have a great respect for the weapons Heckler & Koch produce... but that's just me being a gun-nut.
As for a geographically pleasing country, I'd go for Switzerland and their guns are just as good.

USA, Eurpoe And Austrailia
Europe is not a country.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
As much as I like Japanese products and entertainment, I don't like the culture there at all. xD;; Like, the day-to-day business. It's too... uptight for me. Felt like everyone had their panties in a very painful twist. <_< But I'm an outsider, so I guess I wouldn't know in-depth details. The lady we stayed with was pretty good about telling us little things though, and I'm sorry, but there is no way I'd be willing to fix up my hair like all my friends, whether it looks good or not. <_< That'd be drop-dead scary. Although I really really like how clean it is there. It's so nice compared to my favorite countries. x_o

As such, my favorite country of all is Taiwan. Even though it's grueling hot and humid there, and the trash/sewage system REALLY really sucks, and some taxi drivers are pretty wild with their driving and road rage (hahaha, it's pretty entertaining sometimes though, as long as they take it outside of the cab.) there's so much to see, so much to buy, and everything is really cheap. The trends are amazing, and even the country side is fun. Although Taipei is definitely the best. Haggling over prices looks really embarrassing, but if I knew enough chinese to convince the shopkeeper that they'll still make a living if they drop a few hundred Taiwan Dollars, I would shoot for the chance anytime.

God if only they sold manga here for the Taiwanese Dollar Equivelant of $5, like they do in Taipei. x_x If only, if only. Then I'd have a collection as wide as my cousin's. :<

I like the USA too, if you ignore the politics. (I abhor politics in general, so really. :/) I like our views on education better than the other countries I've been to. I do not advocate sticking up student names on a list from the top student to the worst student in class, because I don't like losing by even one when it comes to academics, and staying up all night in tutoring classes for a subject I understand already anyway is not really apart of my agenda. xD;; The girls I've seen and the black circles under their eyes are... frightening, to say the least. *Traumatizing. xD;;*

Last edited:

Gerri Shin

  
Years
So far I've only ever been in the U.S. and Jamaica. But my list of countries I think are really cool are: U.S., Jamaica, Australia, U.K., Germany, Japan, New Zealand, Canada, Iceland, Mexico, Brazil, Portuagal, Spain, Italy, Greece, Isreal, Egypt, Kenya, and Antarctica.

Back