• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Largest play time in a game?

ryanjohnson

Banned
Years
  • Age 36
  • usa
  • Seen Mar 31, 2012
Maxed Emerald time with 1200+ hours. Maxed Emerald is very interesting game. and i also more games play is largest time play is gta, doom 3, call of duty, igi-2. these are all games is best for play. they resin to i play again and again.

Rather Zakki

Artist and Creator
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 6, 2012
I think it was Monster Hunter Tri for me. I think I had around 600+ hours in that game, but to compete with that would probably be Pokemon Platinum, I think that had around 500 - 600 hours too. They were like the only two games I played lol

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2023
I think i had over 500 in guild wars and i know i have about ten days in reach and my pokemon gold clock said 25▲:Þ6 (or something like that) until the battery dried up :(

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
I get bored of post-game content rather quickly in a lot of games, so I have a tendency to just restart shortly after beating the game. XD

Because of this, the 200-some-odd hours I clocked in my first Pokémon HeartGold file was pretty impressive by my standards. While I did most of my more ambitious breeding projects in that file, a lot of it was just my brother repeatedly playing the Battle Factory though. XD

PokemonFan2000Man

Ex-Pokemon Dictionary
Years
It's not much compared to what everyone else has, but my highest is 125 hours on Pokemon Diamond. I just really like the underground.

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2012
I've gotten 200+ in Platinum and over 300 in Disgaea 3. Trying to surpass that in Disgaea 4.

Years
Something in the hundreds. Unfortunately my Gamecube and PS2 are on the fritz so I can't actually check.

I know for a fact that Tales of Symphonia, Persona 4, and Disgaea 2 have topped the hundreds. My two savefiles of Final Fantasy X might have passed 100 too, but I don't know. If I had to guess which was largest, it'd either be the two copies of Disgaea 2 combined, or ToS.

MagikarpFTW

Pokemon Master
Years
  • Age 26
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 27, 2012
I don't know exactly how long but the games I have played the longest is Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Minecraft and Pokemon Diamond or Platinum.

Years
Wow. I got no clue which games I have that I have spent loads of time on. I know for a fact that I spent over 280 hours in Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2. I spent around 190 hours in Pokemon HeartGold and I think I have spent nearly 200 hours in Forza Motorsport 4.

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2012
It would either be Oblivion or Skyrim for me.
I have tons upon tons of save files on both though, so it's hard to tell. I'm sure both are in the 300s when you add the files together.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
The longest play time was probably Pokemon Gold, but since the cartridge has long been corrupted, I can't say for sure how long that time was. After that, it's probably something like Super Smash Bros Melee, what with the many, many, many hours I logged on that playing teh multiplayer with some friends and my brother! Those were the days.

Team Sweeper

BEYOND GODLIKE
Years
Ive maxed out playtime on Firered, Twice on Leafgreen, 500 hours on emerald and only 50 on SS and Black. But i think the most time ive spent on a videogame is Maplestory. Been playing that for seven years now :S

Back