• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: The Ruby Dagger Murders

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
[CSS-DIV="background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 789px; height: 192px; background: transparent;"]
1tn403.png
[/CSS-DIV][CSS-DIV="color:#fff; text-align: left; background-position: center center; background-repeat: repeat-y; padding-left: 66px; margin-left: 0px; width: 789px; height: 3300px; background-image: url(http://i34.tinypic.com/28s7m9x.png);"]

[CSS-DIV="padding: 8px; background: #982727; border: 0px solid; border-color: #232323; -moz-border-radius: 8px; -webkit-border-radius: 8px; width: 95px;"]Quick Links
» [alink id="intro"]Intro[/alink id]
» [alink id="story"]Story[/alink id]
» [alink id="starters"]Starters[/alink id]
» [alink id="media"]Media[/alink id]
» [alink id="credit"]Credit[/alink id]
» [alink id="team"]Team[/alink id]
» [alink id="support"]Support[/alink id]
[/CSS-DIV]

2uswo05.png
[a id]intro[/a id]

Just to let everyone know, this is a hack of Fire Red.

34.jpg

2lsgz90.png
[a id]story[/a id]
On Essia, a series of graphic murders have gripped the Essian's attention. Each murder was marked by a large, ruby en-
crusted dagger stuck firmly in the victim's chest - hence the name of the game.

One detective in particular - a man named Ronald Helsing - took a great interest in this case. While the police were bound
to their rules and standards, Helsing dug into the criminal underground of Essia and sought to apprehend the perpetrator
behind the grisly murders. However, while on the beat investigating, he suddenly vanished. His family, his friend, his contacts -
none heard from him for weeks. Suspecting foul play, the police invaded his private compound in the west, where his wife and
child stayed behind, waiting for him to return.

His child has long looked up to their father. At only ten years old, the child has studied all of their father's old cases and taught themselves his detective techniques. Frustrated by the laziness of the police department and their desire to see their father
again pushes them in one direction - leaving home and finding their father. So they set off with only a Pokemon at their side
and a letter left for them by who they think is their father. As the main character further investigates the murders, they come
to realize the murders are only a small part of a greater conspiracy consuming all of Essia. In order to find their father again,
they must stop this conspiracy from coming into fruition and protect the livelihood of the world itself.

bijf4x.png
[a id]starters[/a id]

dpmfa048.png
dpmfa104.png
dpmfa170.png
dpmfa228.png
dpmfa296.png
dpmfa325.png

n3xgtc.png
[a id]media[/a id]

1636-Pokemon-FireRedVersion_06.png
DadsLetter.png

ErinShocked.png
Determination.png

PlumTown.png
OntheBridge.png

ChinchouLevelUp.png

2hd5r1x.png
[a id]credit[/a id]
~The Womanizer~ / Forgotten Memory for all of his help.
All of the people who have helped critique my maps.
thethethethe - For the fabulous Starter Quiz Script
Fangking Omega - Tiles

2pyz3w6.png
[a id]team[/a id]
Britney Spears - Creative Director / Mapper
~The Womanizer ~ - Graphic Designer / Site Admin
J - Story
dshayabusa - Scripting
Disturbed - Mapper

5ocew5.png
[a id]support[/a id]

support_rd_01.png

Code:
{IMG}http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k362/PHO_Themes/support_rd_01.png{/IMG}

support_rd_02.png

Code:
{IMG}http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k362/PHO_Themes/support_rd_02.png{/IMG}

support_rd_03.png

Code:
{IMG}http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k362/PHO_Themes/support_rd_03.png{/IMG}

Replace "{IMG}" and "{/IMG}" with "
".
[/CSS-DIV][CSS-DIV="background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 789px; height: 192px; background: transparent;"]
2qvh3er.png
[/CSS-DIV]

Last edited:

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
This looks great ;) good luck and I love your style of mapping :)

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
Years
I really like your maps, and I think that the starter system is very cool as well.

I'm also intrigued to see that there is a sense of mystery, and a more mature tone to the standard Pokemon games. It looks very nice, good luck!

Years
well your maps need work and there are some tile errors but atleast there not square maps anyway i do like the starters.
so will you insert new tiles ?
well good luck

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Well, this is quite original. Good luck!

Also, if you would like an extra mapper to throw around as your slave, feel free to always ask me.
(PM me if you are interested and I'll show you my maps.)

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
(First hack post in a looooong time)

Well, your story has awesome potential, and your map layouts are great aswell. But, I would seriously consider getting a new tileset. Your mapping in general is great, you've got maps with nice flow yet with a subtle complexity. However, we've seen this same tileset through two official games and countless hacks.
And I'm assuming it's a hack of ruby?

Keep it up!

Years
I spotted a few errors in your maps, but here is a very noticeable one.
Check the mountains in the second map.
I recommend getting a rombase.

Tertle

nub@ruby
Years
The most original Pokemon story I've read so far. The mapping is very nice too. I really hope it goes well

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
If you guys can find me a ROM base that isn't ugly, maybe I'll use it. And I'll insert special tiles as I see fit. These are basic maps - I have someone with a better eye for errors go through them and fix them for me (he's not online so these haven't been corrected yet).

Last edited:

Lover's Kite

[b]the age of empathy[/b]
Years
Oh? What's this? You finally made a thread. :3
Interesting starter Pokémon, you never told me about those. xD
You may want to ask thethethethe a few questions about that question-starter script though. :X

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Yay, another hack by you~
I would be happy to help you with some mapping and basic scripting if that's okay? :3

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Yeah I know there are errors already. I'm going to have Christos look it over hopefully and fix them up a bit. Also, these maps will probably change again. I just wanted to show you some examples of what the atmosphere of the beginning of the game is like.

Wind~, I would take any scripting help offered. Thank you.

~Womanizer~, when I get home and back to my MSN, I'll talk to you then about the additions I made while you were busy.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
I didn't think i'd see you making a hack again.
I have to say that the starters could be better, because wailmer poor defense, and that meowth doesn't have a type advantage(i know he has bite, i'm just saying) over anyone, nor a type disadvantage. The natu and makuhita are good though, they are nice and too underused.
Maybe one of the starters could be a fire type, such as growlithe or houndour?
anyways, the story is really lacking to me. It sounds more like an indiana jones movie than a pokemon game.But at least its realistic.
and now to the maps. They look nice and simple, although route 500 is plagued with tiling errors in the mountains and that the small "green" spots in the first town annoy me.
I also found it irritating in route 501 that you could go through the whole route without ever encountering a wild pokemon.
this hack seems like it really has potential, but for now thats what it only has.
I hope you can fix those "stuff" that i told you about, and can only wish you the best of luck for now britney spears.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Thank you for the honest feedback ~Fire. I will be posting a more detailed explanation of the game soon. This was just a bareboned post to get people's attention.

I wasn't really going for type advantages in the starters. You won't have a rival to deal with really and a disadvantage to overcome. But yeah, I was actually considering replacing Meowth and Wailmer anyway. The starters do have a theme though which I will explain once I get this thread situated (I know - I'm making a lot of promises).

I'm always editing my maps, and will probably make changes once I get home (I'm up visiting friends at a college at the moment, so I'm not on my own computer).

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Nice first post O.O

I hope you will eventually finish this :P The story is so original!

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
New starters have been added. I think they are an improvement over the old ones.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Its great to see a hack that has had a lot of effort put into it in the Scrapbox.

Why have you posted maps? I think it would have been better to just have screenshots so we don't know what to expect when we play it. The maps are definitely an improvement from Piratite and the story is just as interesting.

I'd love to help with this hack if you want me. Take a look at my hacks thread (or better yet play beta 2) for proof. I think you could do with some new tiles too. How about Kyledove's?
Spoiler:

Not sure if it fits this hack though.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
No screenshots yet as the maps aren't complete, haven't done any scripting or map connections yet, and I'm lazy. But you're right - don't want to show off an unfinished product.

I love his tile set, but as you said, it doesn't fit the time frame of this story. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back