• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Rose Quartz, Titanium, and Hematite Fakedex

Years
Project Rose Quartz, Titanium, and Hematite
RQTHLegendaryItems.png

TeamTreetops.png
Kikagaku Region
TeamIronfists.png

(Combination of the Japanese words kikaiteki, meaning mechanical, and seibutsugaku, meaning life)
First spoiler reveals FakeDex
Spoiler:

• Concept Status: 120/152
  • Sprite Status: 12/152
Index
Spoiler:

Scratches (These are any custom sprites that are not part of my Fakedex)
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
This darned link-posting rule. > . >

Oh well, here's what I have so far. I think there's something a bit askew with the third one; I might completely redo it.

I should explain these. The first's name is Raccrisp, the fire raccoon starter. The second is Helitwirt, the grass maple bird starter. And the third is Reptread, the water lizard starter. If you have any advice for them so far, it'd be appreciated.

Anywho, back to working on these. I think I'll start coloring Helitwirt first.

EDIT: Okay, so I've colored Helitwirt, but there are some obvious problems that I don't know how to fix.

View attachment 63014

I know the darker green parts look pretty good, and the tail might need some work. But the yellow and lighter green definitely need to be darker, I think?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
These look really good so far! Your designs look really nice and solid. I guess if you wanted, you could play around with the colors some more? I'd also cut down on the dithering in your shading. Looking forward to seeing the other two finished!

Years
These look really good so far! Your designs look really nice and solid. I guess if you wanted, you could play around with the colors some more? I'd also cut down on the dithering in your shading. Looking forward to seeing the other two finished!

Thanks, and they took several years of redesigning. So they should be solid. Okay, I'll try to keep that in mind. Just one more now. :)

This looks pretty good! :D Keep up the good work!
http://pokefarm.org/_ext/PGRJ2DZNx

Thank you as well. :D

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 19, 2012
Wow these are looking really good. You have a very nice design and solid looking sprites. I cant wait to see third starter done. Though i have to say the fire starter is my favorite so far.

Years
Wow these are looking really good. You have a very nice design and solid looking sprites. I cant wait to see third starter done. Though i have to say the fire starter is my favorite so far.
Thank you as well. And I've just finished him. Because I'm lazier than fudge. D:

UPDATE:
007.png

I finished Reptread and plan to begin on Silkpillar, Woodit, and Munkchiark next. If there are any Fakemon in the index you are curious about seeing, feel free to tell me.

Last edited:
Years
It's a little tough to see all the details since your image is shrunk, even in the URL (seems like a Photobucket issue - if you haven't done so already, try going into your account settings > album settings > view album options and selecting "Best possible quality (while staying 1mb or less)" and re-upload, which could likely fix the resizing), but I do love what I see so far! The fire starter in particular looks very cute <3

From reading your index, I think Patcherfly would be my most anticipated one. That's just a really cool description and I really like the image it made me picture after reading that they stitch themselves after ripping through their wings. Eerie in a good way! :D

edit: looks like you updated the images just as I replied, so ignore my above comment about resizing! I love your water starter, though the positioning (and the way it's bent) of the left foot seems a tiny bit off. You're a fantastic spriter, however. :3

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 19, 2012
everything is still looking great, like how you edited so we can see more detail. great color work on the water starter as well. oh and by the way on your splices that you posted in your first post love the vaporion splice. can't wait to see how the rest of the fakedex comes out. keep up the great work.

Years
It's a little tough to see all the details since your image is shrunk, even in the URL (seems like a Photobucket issue - if you haven't done so already, try going into your account settings > album settings > view album options and selecting "Best possible quality (while staying 1mb or less)" and re-upload, which could likely fix the resizing), but I do love what I see so far! The fire starter in particular looks very cute <3

From reading your index, I think Patcherfly would be my most anticipated one. That's just a really cool description and I really like the image it made me picture after reading that they stitch themselves after ripping through their wings. Eerie in a good way! :D

edit: looks like you updated the images just as I replied, so ignore my above comment about resizing! I love your water starter, though the positioning (and the way it's bent) of the left foot seems a tiny bit off. You're a fantastic spriter, however. :3

Thanks for the tip. =D I've done that now. And thanks for all the compliments!
Okay, I'll get that line out of the way soon then. I sketched them out. Hope you like how it is.

everything is still looking great, like how you edited so we can see more detail. great color work on the water starter as well. oh and by the way on your splices that you posted in your first post love the vaporion splice. can't wait to see how the rest of the fakedex comes out. keep up the great work.

I don't think the Vaporeon splice is all that great. And I will. I've just been in this Zelda sprite rutt if you couldn't see from my signature. :3

I don't recommend using a dark or black background because it will clash with the black outline you already have.

I'll leave the starters as they are because I'm too lazy to change them, but I'll make sure to make it a different color for the rest of the sprites. Probably gray or white.

UPDATE: So here's what I've been working on. Don't mind Captain Keeta. He's just a side project.
Spoiler:

In order (looking at the little pink and blue boxes), there is Nertom. The next row is Silkpillar, Clothlysis, and Patcherfly. And then I started the Woodit line. These are just the sketches. I'll do the outlining and editing after I finish Keeta.

Years
Patcherfly looks just as cool as I imagined; I'm looking forward to seeing your finished products! ^_^ Nertom in particular is looking very cute so far, too. Though Woodit's feet look to be a little too far apart so I'd recommend putting 'em closer together. Not sure if you were planning on altering the general anatomy of the sketches as you began to line but I decided to bring it up before you finished the sprite since I assume it'd be easier to fix before too much detail is put into it.

Years
Patcherfly looks just as cool as I imagined; I'm looking forward to seeing your finished products! ^_^ Nertom in particular is looking very cute so far, too. Though Woodit's feet look to be a little too far apart so I'd recommend putting 'em closer together. Not sure if you were planning on altering the general anatomy of the sketches as you began to line but I decided to bring it up before you finished the sprite since I assume it'd be easier to fix before too much detail is put into it.

Oh that's good. I am too, if I ever get to them. I have to fix Nertom's head position still. No, Woodit's feet are supposed to look like that, but I will look at the original picture of it I drew again since they are a bit off than on that one.

Anways.

UPDATE: I SUCK AND DON'T GET ANYTHING DONE. :D However, I did write a few more dex entries which can be seen on the Regional Index spoiler on my first post.

Spoiler:

But anyways, here's what I have so far. If I wasn't such a lazy bum, this would have been done by now.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 27, 2012
Really nice sprites, they could use alittle work on the proportions like the legs of the water starters. but other than that i like them a lot. Another good thing is the orginality. A lot of people do like foxes or lions, So i like to see something once and a while.Keep up the good work.

Back