• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriter's Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Created another also Galvanik, it depends on the software you're using (plus the version of Windows).

sfkrc6.jpg

Anyway not too happy with her right hand... Which for anyone uncertain is the gloved hand with the pokeball.

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2012
Hey guys I just made 2 fakemon in 2 days :\
Want some constructive feedback

I can't find anything about anti aliasing tutorial, so I did as much as I could
I made this all from pure scratch, first I drew the fakemon on paper/tablet then I tried to make the sprites

Here's the first one, also, is grey/brown colored better? (it's supposed to be grass/rock pokemon, rhino-moss idea)
rhinomosss.png

Second one, this I made before the rhinomoss pokemon and I feel that this one lacks effort (is supposed to be a lion's cub... pinkish...)
Puschia.png

And here's the actual sketch (the lion one turns ***)
image.png

I don't know if I can make my own thread, it's actually only 2 sprites total so I decided to post it here. Mind that these are my first sprites ever (beside experimenting in tutorial given in pokecommunity)

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2022
Felt the urge to return to spriting after a few years off.
Here's attempt at bringing the Outskirt Stand of Pokemon Colosseum into a FRLG style. I do understand the overworld for Willie is a little crude but I wasn't in the mood to do anything serious.

dweyck.png

Couple objects missing out of laziness or me being unable to get a decent sprite of them done. Would have done a more recent generation if I was familiar with anything post-RSE/FRLG.

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
Years
Starting to get back into rom hacking, even though I never really took off with it, and decided I wanted an "armored" Mewtwo. Instead of the generic one that everyone makes based off of the movie and anime I went for more of a "knight" look. So what do you think?

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Created another also Galvanik, it depends on the software you're using (plus the version of Windows).

sfkrc6.jpg

Anyway not too happy with her right hand... Which for anyone uncertain is the gloved hand with the pokeball.
I think it looks great, but I think the colouring could be worked on a bit more to make it more natural. Other than that I think you done a good job.

torterra10

SO LOOK WHO'S TALKING NOW!
Years
Hello, I would just like to get some C+C since my sprite is not getting any attention.

Here are 2 NEW trainer sprites i made:

Drayson on the left, Sanita on the right.

Years
Kagebunji's Sprites

This is pretty much the first time I am working on a Pokemon sprites, but it really interests me, and I would like to do some work on these. First sprite I tried(not finished, the legs...)is Dante from DMC, I am not some big fan of the character or something, this is more of an experiment. Tell me what you think fellas.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
This is pretty much the first time I am working on a Pokemon sprites, but it really interests me, and I would like to do some work on these. First sprite I tried(not finished, the legs...)is Dante from DMC, I am not some big fan of the character or something, this is more of an experiment. Tell me what you think fellas.
For a full thread, you need at least 4 examples of your work, so I've moved your post into the individual showcase thread.

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
BW2 Brendan sprite

Just decided it was high-time I sharpened my spriting skills a bit more, so I finished with a BW2 styled Brendan sprite.

Spoiler:

It's public and free (Credit appreciated though).

Years
No complaints, very clean and hard to say assuming you've used a base to help you with the extra details. Are you taking a crack at the heroine or other Hoenn characters?

Years
Well I dont know how his really works, but I will show one of my latest fakemon sprites :)

zebric_sprite__by_papertobi-d57iquy.png

The Land Zebra Pokemon
#???
Name: Zebric
Type: Ground/Electric
Ability: Sap Sipper
Dex Entry: Zebric is often found in large herds in the Zavannah area. They don't attack until provoked.
Evolution Pattern: Zebric -> Lvl. 30 Zebrannah

You can find him and more in here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=284711 its a place where I will post all my sprites in PC! :D

Tell me what you think :)

ADLFM14

Legendary Spriter
Years
xutamon__final_mode__by_adlfm14-d57ww74.png

How about this guy it's a sprite i made about a year ago it shows the combination of both Pokemon and Digimon
plz rate it :D

Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
It looks evil and nice. Not sure if it would be a good pokemon because of the evilness.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2017
i have some fakemon that i would like show but im still having trouble to figuring out how to get them on here and im still trying to perfect my shading and my drawing and action poses and stuff. can someone help me with it??

Years
To get them posted on the website you can go to a image-hosting website such as:
tinypic.com OR photobucket.com

You browse for your image on your computer so you can upload it to the website. After you uploaded it, you should get a link to your image. Then it's simple after that, just use this code below:

Code:
[IMG](url/link of image here)[/IMG]

If you need any help you can send me a private message.

Years
@ADLFM14: That looks awesome. :D The main silhouette looks a bit jagged, you might want to fix the curves, then add the 'plated' look. Also, see on how your reference pic that the dragon has bluish shadows? Recoloring the shadows to look slightly bluish would be a nice touch. But still, great start! :D

-----

So this is a.. well.. something. A grass fighting starter based from a Chinese fleece flower with rhubarb arms. He looks pudgier in my original sketch. And he doesn't have a scarf. And it's supposed to be a blub on top of his head, but he just looked ridiculous when I tried it. Also, you would not believe the amount of time I spent just to find the right shade of green to copy off. After several tries, I fe\inally settled with bulba blub green. I've got a better idea for a grass-fighting starter anyway. I'm just putting these here for comments.

ADLFM14

Legendary Spriter
Years
@Faux-kun: i followed your advice but in another sprite thank god you told me that cause last week when i made this sahding it looked a bit weird and i tried what you said and this came for me check it out:
slifer_the_sky_dragon_sprite_by_adlfm14-d5a3mdo.png

here is the sprite source which i got from to make it. i just drew the wings anyway hop you like it guys and for more sprites check out my deviant art at the sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back