• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think b2/w2 is the final main series pokemon game?

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2015
I believe it will continue. I mean, it's so successful. Why stop it?

Princess Diana

the people's princess
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
I doubt it will be, but I hope they change it up slightly the next time round.

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2015
But it's gonna end some day they are running out of ideas.But I hope they remake rby/sph/emerald

It will end, but possibly not now. I mean, the storyline is pretty basic. You beat 8 gyms, you beat the elite 4 and champion. Along the way you beat up bad guys. I've read somewhere that the creator of Pokemon can think of 16 new Pokemon a day. (may not be true). I also hope for R/S/E remake.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
I don't think it's going to end anytime soon, considering how successful the Pokémon franchise is in its entirety.

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
I wouldn't think so. However, some fans believe so. Only time will tell, but Pokemon can't go on for Centuries...

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2020
As a lover of the games it pains me (and joys me) to say this. Nintendo and GameFreak are video game company's. What about it? The key word is Company. To them this is all about money. If they can continue to put out games and get the mass profit that they do, then they will continue to put out games. B2/W2 are most likely another ploy to gain profit. Releasing 2 games at once will most likely garner more of a profit. As long as they make money, the games will continue to come out.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Pokemon is still extremely popular. They aren't going to stop making the games until its popularity dies down and the profit coming in is lower than the profit they put into develop the games and so on. It's all about business.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Mario has been going on for 20+ years and they haven't changed much.

Zelda is still going and they are pretty much just rehashing their games.

Kirby is still going its been going on for 20 years.

Pokemon is far from over. Fans have been saying that Pokemon has been running out of ideas since Generation 3, which has been proved wrong twice. The fact that they are still pushing out full generations proves that they are not running out of ideas. When they start making Remakes of all the games for no reason what so ever, then they are running out of ideas.

If they come up with another generation with 100 original new Pokemon in it, then they aren't running out of ideas.

Years
I definitely don't think Pokémon will be ending any time soon. It pains me to say this, but nothing lasts forever and I'm sure there will be a time when Pokémon is no more. It's hard to say 'cause I almost feel that if GameFreak and Nintendo were to give up on Pokémon, another company will step in and buy the franchise, re-booting it in the way they see fit. Which could be an interesting idea, if you ask me.

blue

gucci
Years
No. They have said in interviews after B2W2's release that there is much more to come with Pokemon, not to mention it's one of their best selling titles so why stop there?

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
Years
It will defintly 100% continue since gamefreak like money they will continue to make games until pthey run out of idees

Ice Car

Banned
Years
If that is so, Pokemon won't last much longer as a franchise, or at least the main series will halt. They can't remake the first 5 gens too many times unless they believe they can improve the last one significantly.

So no, I don't think this'll be the last one. I can't even guess how many there will be. I don't see it stopping but I can see in the near future it becoming ridiculous to keep continuing.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
There have been some post-B2W2 interviews with various members of Game Freak who make it sound as though they are already planning for future Pokemon games. BWB2W2 really pumped up the series popularity in Japan and in America. There is no reason for the games to stop here, not with all the momentum they've gained and the possibilities for even more improvements in terms of narrative (and all that wonderful extra data space on the 3DS cartridges).

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
I think this could be potentially be the end of the main series games as we know them with the imminent shift into 3D, but I would be very surprised if BW2 were the end of Pokémon "main series" games completely. There's just no sense in stopping them now.

mysticflower

Parasol Lady Madeleine
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 15, 2013
They will probably keep changing it until it is unrecognisable, after all many people say that Pokemon has changed a lot from Gen 1 but the core elements are the same.

Back