• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lost Memories OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
Years
In an hour, it's going to be tomorrow. =P

It's okay, because I can probably defend myself from you trying to kill me with my baseball bat. It doesn't hurt that I'm a black belt.

Blackbelt... *O* Dun hurt me please...

Ah hell.... I'm bored.... ROLEPLAY SAMPLE! Cause I'm bored...

Spoiler:

Slowly editing some small grammer mistakes I see.

Last edited:

A Monocled Hawk

Like A Boss
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 12, 2012
Hey, uh, quick question.

I'm a bit new to this site and all so I'm not sure how the Roleplays go but do you use a posting order when you RP? Or is it just a 'post whenever you're on' kinda thing?

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
Years
Rather random of you but I'll answer that to the best of MY knowledge. xD

Basically... Review what the other people have posted before you and see what emotions/actions they are doing. Take note of this as you write about how your character is seeing it as well as your interaction with the current event/situation. Do also take note that you cannot read people's minds so when noted by italics, which is more commonly used for when someone is talking to themselves in their heads, you probably won't know what they are thinking unless they actually say something except for the few silent moments on their part. So just try to flow with how everyone has written their posts (it tends to revolve around crap-loads of reading so be prepared xD). Adding some descriptive words about the environment at the time can also perk up your post as in a realistic sense, people tend to miss out on most details save for the more observant people. All in all... it's about flowing. Yeah, I ended up ranting... Shoot me. xD

Okay so.... we can take my sample I wrote up there as an example. So my character is staring out to the ocean where we 'supposedly' drop from. Your 'character' as finally emerged from the water and makes their way to the beach. You do whatever it is you do to get there, swimming fast or taking a slow pace, and when you get to the beach, you can rest or lay down on your back or pick your nose, it's all up to you as the writer. Then you see my character staring out over into the ocean and you decided you want to talk to them since they are the only other person, other than you, that is there. You walk over descriptively or as fast as you'd like and upon reaching their location. You initiate a chat log which would lead to the other person posting a reply to your chat. Something like that. Try to catch details as much as you can to give it a visual sense, since I, in my opinion, would rather see something colorful and/or descriptive (I think there IS a limit to being extremely descriptive but large amounts never hurt anyone 8D) then something bland and lacking in imagery. You want to catch people's interest in your writing and if you dazzle them, hell that's a bonus. It all comes with practice and reading other people's posts. They can really give you a good idea how to write a storm occasionally as well as sentence structuring or even descriptive words you've never used before.

Oh hell... I ranted EVEN MORE. *O*

Last edited:

MasterLink742

Memento Mori
Years
Eff. Ninja'd again. ._.

Um. Cy. I'm afraid I'm gonna have to ask you to drop out.
Reason: You post made my writing skills look inferior. And we cannot have that.

jk :P

but yeah, I'm expecting some good things for you guys.

And just fyi, I am quite good at writing for my age, however it takes a spark, so to say, before I can get started. So sometimes it might take a little bit for me to post.

Either that, or I've hit a spot of depression, but I'll let you know about that beforehand.

And Michaela, Dun worry, I won't kill you. One, I'm pretty much a pacifist. Two, I'm kinda frightened...

Last edited:

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
You keep getting ninja'd, Link. Maybe you should just give up. =P

I'm a terrible RPer; the worst RPer in the world. You don't have to worry about getting an inferioty complex from me. I'm also quite terrible at spelling, considering I don't have spell check on my laptop. You'll be able to tell when I'm using my desktop, which does have spell check, and my laptop.

It's okay. A lot of people are frightened by me. ^^

If you could let us know what the first post should be, I'm sure we can start without you. =P

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
Years
Eff. Ninja'd again. ._.

Hahahaha... Ninja is my LIFE. :3

Fine! I'll drop out! Like I did in ninja school! *o*

but yeah, I'm expecting some good things for you guys.

Don't expect it... Welcome it. xDDDD

And just fyi, I am quite good at writing for my age, however it takes a spark, so to say, before I can get started. So sometimes it might take a little bit for me to post.

Either that, or I've hit a spot of depression, but I'll let you know about that beforehand.

Good for you. I think I'm pretty average if you ask me. I've seen tons of better writers than this weird guy here. *points to self*

Same as you, it's all in the sparks. Take your time and let your imagination run wild.... okay not THAT far but probe around. You might just find something. XD

And Michaela, Dun worry, I won't kill you. One, I'm pretty much a pacifist. Two, I'm kinda frightened...

You can distract her... and I can ninja her. XDDD *sees Michaela*
I'm sorry! So sorry! I won't conspire again! Dun hurt meeee~

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
Actually, my reason is the fact that I can sneak up behind people everyday and have reflexes, but that works as well. xD

I can't use quotes for some reason; my laptop goes bat-s...er...You know what I was going with that.

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
Years
Actually, my reason is the fact that I can sneak up behind people everyday and have reflexes, but that works as well. xD

I can't use quotes for some reason; my laptop goes bat-s...er...You know what I was going with that.

Maaaaaaybe. xDDD You'll just have to SAY it. :3

Well that's good of you. Plus all that training would had gotten your reflexes to be even more alert if you ask me. My little cousins are... red belts(?) I think (they probably went to the next color by now... I dun remember the hierarchy) in tae-kwon-do... so they are pretty scary for little chicks being able to round-house at your face if they wanted. O:

IDoLikeMudkip

Master of Nothing
Years
I will now speak words leading to my death. This is actually my first RP...ever. I mean even like pencil and paper. I have player live Video game RPGs but never anything that needed a character to be created and be thinking like that char 24/7 when IC. So I kinda tied my hands and any help would be kinda hot. Seriously if I'm not doing well tell me, help me grow, and I will forever love you...
O.O That was weird even for me.

But seriously feedback good. And if you got the quote I hid you get a bonus cookie.

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
Years

Oh yeah... forgot to mention... that was ONLY a sample. Ahahahahahaa.... just kidding. I do better on my samples just cause I can work everything out in my head. Things get more complicated when interactions are to be made. :/

I will now speak words leading to my death. This is actually my first RP...ever. I mean even like pencil and paper. I have player live Video game RPGs but never anything that needed a character to be created and be thinking like that char 24/7 when IC. So I kinda tied my hands and any help would be kinda hot. Seriously if I'm not doing well tell me, help me grow, and I will forever love you...
O.O That was weird even for me.

But seriously feedback good. And if you got the quote I hid you get a bonus cookie.

I already has a cookie! D:ll Hm... Well there's always a starting point for everyone. If you read my earlier post I did, then that's the basic gist of role-playing forum style. If you need help, we can always talk in here about improvements and what not. Truth is, being in character isn't that hard at all except just keeping true to that person's personality which can be difficult when you have multiple RPs *points at self* OTZ Being exposed to different RPs can really help in developing a good variety of context you can input into your writing. It all comes with experience after all. Now if you aren't much of a writer, things might take a little time to grasp, grammer-wise.

Personally, I just free-write everything down and then edit it afterwards. I have to admit, watching 'Finding Forrester' is really rubbing off on me. xD

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
They take Tae Kwon Do? I take Tae Kwon Do...LOL.

Mate, have you ever wrote stories before? When I first started RPing, I thought of the posts as stories that were written, except that you were not the only author.

Or you could check out my guide on how to create posts...Er...I think it might help some. I think.

IDoLikeMudkip

Master of Nothing
Years
Well reading in the "Reading RP's" category i already have some experiance. While waiting on this to start I read like ten pages of "War between Humans and Pokemon", its actually a good story. I was literally drawn in by the characters and the plot. It was like a book...but not bookish.

And if its really akin to story writing then pfffsh I should have started Rping a long time ago instead of being nervous about trying to get into the char's head. Story writing is like second nature. 50+ page fanfiction story under my belt.

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
Years
@Michaela: Yeah.... what a coincidence.... :C

@Mudkip:
Yeah, thinking about it as a book with us telling the story and an ending we create together with other people is what a Roleplay is generally about. We, the role-players, shape the world into what the GM is visioning for that story with our posts. Hence why I like to take a descriptive post most of the time. Other times.... I'm stuck with a writer's block sitting on top of me. :/

IDoLikeMudkip

Master of Nothing
Years
I hate writers block. It hits me like a ninja wall. I'm all walkin' along writin' mah story then...BAM!!! I got nothing. Take like a six month break, cause there are better things to do than write a story, like surf the internet and check forums and such. Then I go back and have to read three pages to figure out where I was.

MasterLink742

Memento Mori
Years
Freakin' A! double ninja'd ._. I quit. I'm never posting again.

First off, Dern distractions. I got sucked back into FMA for close to an hour.

Second. I'm from the south. I don't have an accent or anything, but anything like "dern" is meant to use a southern accent. I mean redneck, not hick.

Third. The first post to start it off is not something that I am going to just be like "ya, you gotta do this. and stuff." No I'm gonna put in some thought to it.

Ninth Fourth. After a little bit, I am gonna see how people do, then pick someone to help me in the invent of a random depression, or too much school work. I will PM you asking if you want to do it, so it isn't forced or anything.

Fifth. I forgot to add this to the sign up, but the entrance fee requires you to give all your cookies to me, and since you have already signed up...

Maybe expecting was not the right word, or was taken the wrong way. I meant that based on your SUs, I am thinking you are gonna be pretty good.

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
Years
I hate writers block. It hits me like a ninja wall. I'm all walkin' along writin' mah story then...BAM!!! I got nothing. Take like a six month break, cause there are better things to do than write a story, like surf the internet and check forums and such. Then I go back and have to read three pages to figure out where I was.

Well, that's just a big pair of bowling balls. :/ I'm not that bad.... well maybe it did happen once... I was on leave for 1 year. xD

First off, Dern distractions. I got sucked back into FMA for close to an hour.

Third. The first post to start it off is not something that I am going to just be like "ya, you gotta do this. and stuff." No I'm gonna put in some thought to it.

Ninth Fourth. After a little bit, I am gonna see how people do, then pick someone to help me in the invent of a random depression, or too much school work. I will PM you asking if you want to do it, so it isn't forced or anything.

Fifth. I forgot to add this to the sign up, but the entrance fee requires you to give all your cookies to me, and since you have already signed up...

Maybe expecting was not the right word, or was taken the wrong way. I meant that based on your SUs, I am thinking you are gonna be pretty good.
Dern FMA! Most awesome anime dere is. 8D

Dun ask me for helping plot wise.... cause I totally suck at it. Scout's Honor. :D (Not that I was ever in scouts anyways. lol)

Mother of... MAH COOKIES! XoX

And I was joking about the expecting part. Hahaha... Funny little Link. :3

MasterLink742

Memento Mori
Years
Teh truths are spoken. I'm re watching the brotherhood series, to prolong it before I watch the last few episodes.

Not so much plot help. More like keeping things moving.

heheheh

I was just trying to clear it up for people who weren't you. I dun like you :)

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
Years
Teh truths are spoken. I'm re watching the brotherhood series, to prolong it before I watch the last few episodes.

Not so much plot help. More like keeping things moving.

heheheh

I was just trying to clear it up for people who weren't you. I dun like you :)

Gud! Cause I smell! Even I don't like myself! O:

I didn't really like the brotherhood series... things were... a bit awkward. Like how... Envy... yeah. No spoiling for you. :3 Anyways... keep up the work. Time to go finish writing my fanfic. xDDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back