• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2013
How can Feebas evolve ? I saw a walkthrough that said that it can evolve by Water Stone but I tried and I couldn't evolve it.

Can anyone help me ?

prakhar

flare blitzz
Years
is there anything interesting to do in this game other then catching all legendaries after completing world championship event???

pedrito3_poke

Banana
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
Hey !

I just wanted to mention a few bugs I encountered in Flamerny City. I beat Prof. Ellie who told me about the Aron and Super Repel and everything. So I went to Mt Vulcan, only to realize I had no Super Repel. So I went back out, found the SR west of the city, but when I wanted to go back to Mt Vulcan there was a guy blocking the way and saying "only authorized personal". So I think there's a bug that somehow prevents from entering Mt Vulcan twice or something.

The only way I found around the problem was to use a walk through walls cheat code. Then I had another problem, which might be linked to me using a cheat, but I don't know. Anyway, I gave Luke the Super Repel but when I got out of Mt Vulcan, the Aron were still in the city and the entrance to the Gym was still blocked. So I had to use the cheat again to get my badge.

I hope that I haven't broken anything by using this cheat and that I won't get any problem linked to that further in the game, because it's quite long and I wouldn't want to start all over again hehe.

Yeah that has happened to me several times. For example, in Mt. Icestorm there are some team steam guys blocking the way, until you go to Mt. Winter and fight one of the team steam leaders (idk remember who) and then there'd be a battle between Zekrom and Reshiram, but Arceus would appear to stop them, and then you would be able to go ahead in Mt. Winter. However, even after I beat the game, every time I go to Mt. Icestorm, there are those guys blocking the way and I always have to do the same to go ahead (beat the tem steam leader in Mt. Winter). Anyway, that happens to me not just here, but everywhere (e.g. when I go to Flamerty city, there's always that guy blocking the entrance to Mt. Vulcan; when I go to that city where I have to use dig to go ahead, etc...). And no, I haven't used any cheat.

This game is great, but still not the best hack ever because it has a lot of bugs. I think that Wesley should (or, at least, try to) fix these bugs before working on other projects, that would be awesome and it would make Pokémon Light Platinum doubtlessly the best hack ever.

Btw I have one question:
Has anyone fought against Virizion? I went to where it is supposed to be (In front of Inhore Woods) but all I see is this screen with it's silhouette, but then it just disappears.
Anyone else has this problem?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hey !

I just wanted to mention a few bugs I encountered in Flamerny City. I beat Prof. Ellie who told me about the Aron and Super Repel and everything. So I went to Mt Vulcan, only to realize I had no Super Repel. So I went back out, found the SR west of the city, but when I wanted to go back to Mt Vulcan there was a guy blocking the way and saying "only authorized personal". So I think there's a bug that somehow prevents from entering Mt Vulcan twice or something.

The only way I found around the problem was to use a walk through walls cheat code. Then I had another problem, which might be linked to me using a cheat, but I don't know. Anyway, I gave Luke the Super Repel but when I got out of Mt Vulcan, the Aron were still in the city and the entrance to the Gym was still blocked. So I had to use the cheat again to get my badge.

I hope that I haven't broken anything by using this cheat and that I won't get any problem linked to that further in the game, because it's quite long and I wouldn't want to start all over again hehe.
Yeah... it happens... some flags reset themselves for not known reason...

Btw I have one question:
Has anyone fought against Virizion? I went to where it is supposed to be (In front of Inhore Woods) but all I see is this screen with it's silhouette, but then it just disappears.
Anyone else has this problem?
Then you did what you were supposed to do ;)
Virizion is pretty sweet so it just joins you instead of battling you ;)

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2022
Alright... I'm inside the Water gym. I saved in the middle of it, and now that I reloaded, I can't go back anymore. Is there anyway to get out without using some walk through walls code?

Team Scizor

N3w Hack3r
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 12, 2015
I have download at least 10 patches and roms to play this game and every time I patch it and play the game the title screen come up with Pokemon burning ruby, i have not even download or played Pokemon burning ruby on my computer can some one help me with patching this game.

I've also downloaded 100% clean ROM of ruby still not working, I'm not sure if it's the patches or the program that apply's the patch.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2021
hey. i'm stuck in rycian city. the gym leader ran in search of the zoo pokemon. I already found Shinx but i can't find neither Snorlax nor Steelix. i already read somewhere to look for Steelix on route 505 (the one where you have to surf, and has a bit of grass) and Snorlax on the north of Kosaka but i didn't find them
i already found them. thanks anyways

Last edited:

pedrito3_poke

Banana
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
Then you did what you were supposed to do ;)
Virizion is pretty sweet so it just joins you instead of battling you ;)
lol thanks ;)

But, besides from the ones I've mentioned before, there are still many other bugs that I think they could be fixed quite easily... for example, some Pokémon give a really small amount of exp. (e.g. a Metagross in lvl 73 gives less than 100 exp., many legendaries only give 17 exp.), and I think that this is not hard to fix. I could actually fix it, if I could open this version of Light Platinum with my hacking programs, but, although I could do it with the prevous version of the game, this latest version doesn't seem to be compatible. And there's also the bug in the Pokédex (many of the Pokémon's locations aren't right)...
I really think that Wesley should make a final version of this game with some bug fixes, and also with the possibility to complete the pokédex, therefore we would actually have a final goal after completing the game itself.

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Not sure if this glitch has been reported, I used Sandile pretty well right from the beginning of the game. When he (as Krokorok) evolved into Krookodile at level 40 he somehow went back to level 36... ??? Hahaha not that I'm complaining it's only 4 levels, but it kind of threw me for a loop. Otherwise this has been an amazing hack, I've been playing a few really bad ones lately so it was nice to have this one turn that trend around.

Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2012
I'm at mt. Lauren and every time I go and battle one girl, it says she will send out bellossom, the the screen blinks random colors and quits the game. Help!

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2021
Not sure if this glitch has been reported, I used Sandile pretty well right from the beginning of the game. When he (as Krokorok) evolved into Krookodile at level 40 he somehow went back to level 36... ??? Hahaha not that I'm complaining it's only 4 levels, but it kind of threw me for a loop. Otherwise this has been an amazing hack, I've been playing a few really bad ones lately so it was nice to have this one turn that trend around.

The same happened to me when my Electabuzz evolved into Electavire. It was at 40 and went back to 36 after evolution

Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2020
man.. how about playing on gameboid (andriod)? i patched the ips file on ruby v1.0 and then i copy the patched rom on my phone but when i try to launch it on gameboid just a white screen appear,. I tried to set the 128 kb flash save type but nothing happened. Any suggestions ? i love this hack and i would like to play it. Ah and on vba on pc it works but not on gameboid.

Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2020
man.. how about playing on gameboid (android)? i patched the ips file on ruby v1.0 and then i copy the patched rom on my phone but when i try to launch it on gameboid just a white screen appear,. I tried to set the 128 kb flash save type but nothing happened. Any suggestions ? i love this hack and i would like to play it. Ah and on vba on pc it works but not on gameboid.

sorry men is important... you all are my friends

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2022
Oh yeah. Been forced to use the Walk through walls code. Now, I removed it, but it's somehow still in effect. Well, guess I'll be playing the rest of the game with that cheat!

I'd rather think this game is still in Beta, because there's really a lot of glitches and it's so poorly balanced. I just noticed not a single Super Potion is in sale, and only Hyper Potions are in sale once we pass through the one-way boat, which happens at like what, level 20? When we barely have 50 HP?

Last edited:
Back