• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Divinity and Dissonance (PG-16)

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
Years
NO MORE SPOTS REMAIN.

Divinity and Dissonance

Rated PG-16 for blood, violence, language, and minor references

Introduction

Arceus, commonly referred to by historians as "The Original One", is widely speculated to have created the entire Pokémon universe, with the assistance of many other legendary Pokémon. From sheer darkness, life came into existence. Humans and Pokémon alike were brought into being. Together, the two species flourished peacefully.

As generations passed, the bond of companionship between humans and Pokémon grew stronger and stronger. Arceus supported this bond, and predicted that it would soon become unbreakable.

However, he was unable to foresee what his (and the world's) future would hold. On one fateful day, instability took the divine Pokémon over. Arceus became enraged, summoning numerous natural disasters to his world. Forests were destroyed, oceans flooded, and mountains were leveled.

After the ordeal, the few humans and Pokémon that remained were terrified. Nevertheless, they were able to surge forward and expand their race. This day became known as the Divine Purge. The world had been brought to the brink of annihilation, by its own creator. Many questions arose, such as why Arceus, in his divine right, would do such a thing. Even the other legendary Pokémon were unsure. To this day, these questions remain unanswered.

Premise

This year marks the two thousandth anniversary since the Divine Purge, and many average citizens are unaware of the disaster that took place two millennia prior. Scientists and meteorologists have recently been receiving reports of terrible natural disasters occurring in normally calm and temperate areas, in every region (Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh, and Unova), as well as other places. Mythologists and contemporary philosophers fear the worst. Arceus never shows itself to humans, unless every single legendary Pokémon is awakened. But no man has ever done so…

You are a seasoned Pokémon Trainer, with a few years of experience under your belt. One day, you receive a message from a mysterious, nameless organization. The message details the natural disasters occurring, as well as the Arceus belief. It also includes a specific set of instructions at the bottom. You are unsure of whether or not to take it seriously at first, but you eventually decide to oblige. Your destination is Mistralton City, in the Unova region, where you will supposedly receive further instructions.

It is up to you to quell the curse that is afflicting the world and solve the mystery of the Divine Purge. The fate and welfare of the Pokémon world is now in your hands…

Rules/Overview

READ 'EM.

- This roleplay is rated PG-16, which means that swearing is permitted, but don't overdo it. Romance and minor suggestive themes are fine, but let's keep it to kissing and intimate touching (in appropriate areas). I encourage romance. :D

- No godmodding, bunnying, and all that jazz. No one is all-powerful.

- Be nice to each other, okay? I don't want anyone quitting because they feel "uncomfortable".

- This roleplay takes place in every region (excluding Orre), starting in Unova.

- Be active. I mean it. Post at a minimum of once every two days.

- I will play all the significant figures in this roleplay, but you're free to make up minor, one-off appearance characters (such as passerby Trainers), as long as I approve them first.

- Your Pokémon will begin the roleplay at level 30, and will gain a level after every battle. Sometimes I may allow one of your Pokemon to gain two levels if the battle is plot-important and if it performed exceedingly well.

- Thou shall begin the roleplay with two Pokémon. No more, no less.

- Remember your mission, but it's perfectly okay to stop and smell the roses once in a while. This means that every now and again we'll take a break, sightsee, do a few easy battles, etc.

- If you encounter a wild Pokémon, you're free to choose which one appears, but please make the level and species reasonable (for example, you can't find a level 60 Dragonite on Route 3).

- I will decided if you catch the Pokémon or not. Leave the ball shaking at the end of your post.

- The same applies to items, TMs, and learning new moves.

- Each time we encounter a legendary Pokémon, it will assign us a task to prove ourselves. This does not always mean a battle. We may be assigned to do something different to satisfy its needs. You may not battle or catch it immediately. Yes, in this roleplay, the legendary Pokémon can speak the human language. However, normal Pokémon do not.

- Please use proper punctuation and word usage. Seriously. If there's one thing that bothers me the most, it's laziness in sentence mechanics.

- Have fun. :D

Sign-Up Template

Name: (first and last)
Appearance: (describe in words or use an image)
Personality: (one paragraph, describe both strengths and weaknesses)
History: (one paragraph, describe anything and everything)

Pokémon

Pokemon 1 –
Species: (any non-legendary)
Nickname: (optional)
Background: (couple sentences, explain how you found/captured it, etc.)
Personality: (couple sentences, self-explanatory)
Moveset (up to 6): (self-explanatory, one TM and one egg move allowed)

Same applies to Pokémon 2.

RP Sample: (describe your decision to leave your hometown behind and join this expedition. I prefer experienced roleplayers, but if I see any "potential" in you, I may reconsider.)

Sample Sign-Up

Name: Brayden Norwood
Appearance: Refer to my avatar.
Personality: Brayden is generally a relaxed and composed individual. He cares deeply for his allies, and will do anything we can to aid them, however difficult the circumstance may be. He can be somewhat of a romantic as well. In battle, he strategizes every move to ensure the best possible outcome. He likes to taunt his opponents and enemies, but not enough to upset or irk them. Regardless of the match's outcome, he congratulates his opponents on a valiant effort (most of the time). However, his drawbacks come whenever he loses a match. Although he commends his opponents, he is visibly distraught for hours afterward, and prefers to be alone during that period of time. This is because he is rarely defeated in battle.
History: Brayden was born and raised in Hearthome City, in the Sinnoh region. As a young boy, he idolized his parents for being top-notch Pokémon Trainers. Although their battling days were over as far as they were concerned, they were confident that Brayden would be a powerful Trainer someday.

One crucial point in Brayden's life occurred at the age of seven. One day, his father decided to show him his favorite Pokémon – a Luxray, which won him many battles in the past. This ignited a flame in the young boy's brain. He not only wanted to become a Trainer, but one of the best Trainers in the world (typical seven year old state of mind).

At the age of thirteen, Brayden received his first Pokemon as a birthday gift – a Drifloon, which his father decided to catch for him when it was hovering near his house. Brayden was then compelled to leave his family and hometown behind and embark on a journey as a full-fledged Pokémon Trainer. His parents gave him their blessing, therefore beginning his adventure.

Pokémon

Pokemon 1 –
Species: Drifblim
Nickname: N/A
Background: Brayden received Drifblim in its pre-evolved form as a birthday gift from his father, likely to commemorate him becoming a teenager. At first, Drifloon was rather scared of Brayden, often hiding under his bed until he coaxed it out. However, the two gradually forged a powerful friendship through battling. Drifloon eventually evolved, changing into Drifblim.
Personality: Drifblim and Brayden mirror each other's personalities. Both are slightly reserved, but care deeply for their allies. Drifblim can occasionally be arrogant. In battle, Drifblim is a relentless competitor, fighting faithfully even if it's mere seconds away from fainting.
Moveset (up to 6): Shadow Ball, Hypnosis, Payback, Gust, Focus Energy, Minimize

Pokémon 2 –
Species: Floatzel
Nickname: N/A
Background: Brayden caught Floatzel as a Buizel when he was exploring around Floaroma Town. The Pokémon began following Brayden around, everywhere he went. After dismissing it a couple times (and failing to do so), Brayden decided to catch it. Through battling, the two developed a powerful friendship. Buizel showed his compassion for Brayden by evolving after a difficult battle one day.
Personality: Unlike Drifblim, Floatzel is outgoing, mischievous, and somewhat impulsive. Its bright mood is a cheerful sight to behold, but sometimes it can get carried away. Despite its shortcomings, Floatzel is a valuable ally, especially in battle, where, like Drifblim, will not rest until a winner is decided.
Moveset (up to 6): Water Pulse, Ice Fang, Slash, Crunch, Agility, Quick Attack

RP Sample:

Brayden was currently at peace with himself, at least for the time being. He always liked airplane flights, especially during the evening hours. The sky was clear, with not a cloud in sight. Below was the vast ocean, illuminated by the moon's soft, radiant glow. Brayden loved these picturesque nights, which, unfortunately, were uncommon.

He had been whisked away from Sinnoh in a huff, in response to a strange message put out by a currently unidentifiable person. The message detailed the current climatic conditions in various parts of the world, not just limited to Sinnoh. However, they seemed more abundant within Brayden's destination, the Unova region. It went on to detail some information about the legendary Pokémon Arceus.

Brayden never liked mythology (or "fairy tales", as he called it), but even he was intrigued by the circumstance.

Stretching, he began to think about his Pokémon and how they would fare in the journey ahead.

I wonder if this was a good idea. I didn't exactly tell Drifblim and Floatzel that we were going to a new region…

Brayden rubbed his eyes slightly, dismissing the thought. He had nothing to worry about. He would be meeting new people, new Trainers, maybe even new allies. The idea was firmly affixed to his mind like superglue.

As he casually glanced out the window, the plane's intercom gave a small beep, indicating that an announcement was about to be made.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are now approaching our destination. Please prepare for landing."

Sighing deeply, Brayden felt the plane begin its descent. Mistralton City was mere minutes away.

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Name: Rachel Yane
Appearance: http://www.summonnight.net/snworld/snch/chara/img/cha_f02.jpg

Personality: "Ugh, do I REALLY have to talk about myself? ...Is this on camera? OH GOD, WHERE IS MY MAKE UP?! Erm, well, anyway, people describe me as a very passionate, and for some reason, an eccentric individual. Sounds hefty for an 18 year old, right? Well, why am I so passionate? Well, a person named Oumagae told me that its because I get angered too easily by the littlest things. Who is she to tell me that I have an anger problem?! Shame on her for living!! On the other hand though, she also told me that I'm pretty emotional in general; whether it is I'm too kind, or that I'm too sad, and so on. You might also be wondering why I'm also so eccentric. People have always told me: "Rachel! Your insanity is one of a kind!" Those banana heads...I would think that the only time I was crazy was when I was too obsessed with paw pads (I'm still am though). Haha...well, this is embarrassing to talk about myself, but I'm also kind of a scatterbrain. Yes, even I admit it, leave me alone. I'd always forget a pokemon's moveset; for example, how was I supposed to know that a Pikachu can learn Thunderbolt? WHO MAKES UP THIS DRIBBLE? Also, I break every machine easily. Like for instance...my baby brother's last Game boy? BUT! I KNOW I CAN DO IT! I'm also learning how to cook from my mother; next up in my lunch menu? Octopus pie! With real live octopuses! So you know your eating it fresh. Can't wait to try it, right? I'd be always there for my friends. Except when I can trade them for a quarter; then I say: 'Push off, losers!' Hah, well, when comes around, goes around I suppose. I can warm up and be open to people more easily. I don't understand why people prefer popularity over eccentricity; popularity is waaaaay overrated, in my opinion. So! I love my eccentricity, and YOU SHALL TOO!
PSST, BIG PARTY AT YOUR HOUSE AFTER MY BACKGROUND!"

History: "...Wait, are you STILL here? Would you get out for a scooby snack? Okay, okay, want my history? Fine. I was born in the tranquil city of Blackthorn; which is located in Johto; my father, a successful business consultant with the Silph co. company, whilst my mother was an aspiring pokemon researcher and off-time breeder. I was the youngest of three, having an older brother and sister and given the significant age difference between the two sisters and their elder brother, whom had long begun his pokemon journey when I was barely six years of age; my sisters had a tendency to be favored. Whilst on the exterior of my family seemed peaceful, my father was frequently called out of the region which caused an increasing strain upon the marriage as neither was willing to sideline their work.

Initially I would cling to older siblings, however while in the beginning my brother would regularly return home, this gradually became a rarity due to his increasing accomplishments as a trainer allotting him access to distant lands. My older sister would attempt to fill this void, albeit it was short lived as my parents would part company although neither was able to admit such was permanent. Unfortunately, my sister was for the time being forced to move with my father whilst I remained with my mother.

This arrangement was particularly difficult upon myself, who idolized my siblings and with my sister venturing into coordinating; we had little time to keep in touch. Additionally, Blackthorn was well known to produce quite elite trainers, who specialized in Dragon pokemon, thus I was sometime shunned for seemingly withdrawn and introverted personality as it was an indication of weakness by some. So, I decided to be a little quirker; to show off my eccentricity, and prove the world how good of a battilier I can be. Or not be. HEY! THAT WAS SHAKESPEARE! I WIN! Anway, time would pass and I, all of only sixteen would come across an injured Feebas and although nervous of the pokemon, I decided to care for it whilst it recovered. Such was to become my first step into the world of pokemon training…

Okay, now get lost-- I mean, bye.
...No really, get lost."

Pokémon
Pokemon 1
Species: Milotic (F)
Nickname: Amer

Background: Milotic was found, as a Feebas in the outskirts of Blackthorn; near the Dragon's Den. When Rachel found it, Feebas was hurt pretty badly. The cause was known, but Rachel still decided to take care of it. A few days later, Feebas was in good health. Rachel was still a beginner with pokemon then, so she decided that this Feebas was going to be her first pokemon. With a year of training, and battiling against a few gyms and trainers, Feebas evolved into a Milotic, and thus, Rachel gave it the nickname: "Amer" named after her beloved sister.

Personality: Milotic is actually a bratty pokemon; Milotic have a tendency yo be very beautiful pokemon, so Amer the Milotic have a tendancy to show off its beautifulness, porving itself to be more superior to other pokemon. In battle, Milotic is a pretty powerful pokemon, and thus, it gets over-confident at times too.
Moveset (up to 6): Twister, Recover, Mirror Coat, Ice Beam, Aqua Tail,

Pokemon 2 –
Species: Gabite (M)
Nickname: Octopus

Background: Still a beginner pokemon trainer, Rachel found Gabite as a Gible, in the Ice Cave near Blackthorn City. Now, the Ice Cave was quite an unorthodox location for a Gible to appear, which intrigued Rachel. Gible was a little feisty pokemon, however; it demanded battles from all the pokemon it met up with, and knocked out each one from what Rachel saw. Rachel eventually decided to face the Gible with her Feebas, however, she forgotten that Feebas only learned two moves: Splash and Tackle. Splash was useless, so she had to go with Tackle for the match. The Gible was tough however; it knew moves such as Bite and Sand Tomb, which overwhelmed Rachel's Feebas. Rachel then thought of a strategic move. She threw a rock at the Gible, distracting it. Yeah, nice strategic move, right? Which led the way for her Feebas to unleash a Tackle attack against it, knocking it out. Rachel then threw a Pokeball at it, thus capturing it. After a year of training, and gym battling, Rachel gave it the nickname "Octopus" based from her signature cooking dish: Octopus Pie.

Personality: Gabite is a hot-blooded pokemon; always rushing in to do battles. It also loves sparkiliy things...It would pause in a middle of a battle to stare at something shiny; for example, one day it saw a skarmory sparkiling against the sun.

Moveset (up to 6): Sand Tomb, Slash, Flamethrower, Outrage

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RP Sample:

Blackthorn City was always peaceful. Thus, it was giving the nickname: "A Quiet Mountain Retreat". Blackthorn City was also home to many Dragon Type Trainers, on account of they challenge the Blackthorn City Gym, and its leader, Clair, who specialize in Dragon-Type pokemon. It was also home of the fabled Dragon's Den, where many Dragon-type pokemon and other types of pokemon are home to.
One day...

"This battle will now begin with the challenger , and the Blackthorn City gym Leader, Clair using two pokemon each! When both pokemon of one side are unable to battle, the battle is over! In addition, only the challenger is allowed to substitute pokemon during battle!"

The Blackthorn City gym was spacious; its roof was cut off to allow pokemon that are able to fly, fly frreely, and the gym's floor had a pool of water with many platforms on it to allow pokemon to stand on, even in the body of water. A gym match was about to begin. Clair stared heavily at her opponent; the challenger of the match. After a few brief moments, Clair finally spoke.

"You. State your name."

The challenger had a red hat on. She also had a red coat, with a black and white mini-dress. She wore black socks with red shoes to match her outfit. She slowly raised her head, to reveal her face that her hat covered. She finally replies to Clair after a while. "The name's Bond. James Bond." The challenger said with her face revealed. Clair blinked. "...I was under the impression that James is a males name. You are female, are you not?" She asked. Rachel got embarrassed. "OKAY, OKAY, my name is Rachel. Rachel Yane. But come on! That James Bond bit is cool!! PURE. GOLD." Clair closed her eyes in utter dis-amusement. "I could care less," she replied. "NOW! I, Clair, am the worlds best Dragon-type master--" "Liar." Rachel interrupted. "What... did you just say...?" Clair said, displeased. "EVERYONE and their mom knows that Lance is the worlds best Dragon master. He's the Johto champion for Machop's sake." "FORGET HIM," Clair said angrily. "I am the true dragon master in this case -- in your case. Understand?" Rachel rolled her eyes. "Yeah. Sure. Whatever." She said with pity. "Good," Clair said. "Now! As the Gym Leader, I will use my full power against any opponent! Choose your first pokemon!"

Rachel started to hesitate, as she juggled her first pokemon in its pokeball unintentionally, until she grabbed a hold of it. "Alright! Octopus the Gabite! Lets get going!" She announced as the pokeball started to open; revealing in a white light, her Gabite, one Rachel nicknamed Octopus, because it reminded her on how much she enjoys cooking those Octopus Pies she loves to bake. "Gaaaaaabite!" Octopus cried as it revealed itself. Clair chuckled. "Octopus is the name you gave to a dragon-type pokemon?" she mocked. "That is a disgrace to the majestic Dragon pokemon!" Rachel was uninterested on what Clair had to say. "Oh blah, blah, blah," she sassed. "Nicknames aren't important! Lets get this showdown over with!" Clair sent out one of her pokemon. "I chose you...Dragonair!" she said as her famous Dragonair appeared. "Dragonair!" it quickly cried upon arrival. Rachel never fought with a Dragonair before, even with all the Dragon pokemon she faced in the last year when she first became a pokemon trainer. So this was a first.

"Dragonair vs. Gabite..." the referee said. "Let the battle...BEGIN!" Gabite! Use Slash attack!" Rachel ordered as Gabite obeyed. It started running, skipping across the platforms, towards the awaiting Dragonair sitting in the pool. "Dragonair! Use Agility to dodge!" Clair ordered. Dragonair's gem on its neck glowed. Its body glowed, which then "zip" it dodged Octopus's Slash attack before it could even reached. Dragonair was faster than the eye could follow. Gabite stumbled a little in mid-air, as it finally got its closure, and managed to land on its feet on a nearby platform. "Agility doubles my Dragonair's speed!" Clair explained. "Now watch this! Dragonair! Use agility to get behind your foe!" Rachel hesitated. "Octopus! Watch out behind you!" But it was too late. Dragonair was faster than Octopus could react. "Dragonair, Dragonbreath!" Clair ordered by then. "Dragon...breath...?" Rachel questioned. "Ew, Clair, has this have anything to do with your breath?" "Laugh all you want," Clair said. "Dragonbreath is a powerful Dragon-type move that sometimes paralyzes your opponent! NOW! Draognair! Continue your attack!" "Octopus! Dodge it!" Rachel tried to command. Octopus was about to jump to dodge the incoming attack, when...it stopped. It stared at the blue jewel placed on Dragonair's neck. It was in complete awe. This came from Octopus's fascination of shiny things. Meanwhile, Dragonair's blue jewel glowed. It released a blue-green gas towrds Octopus that ultimately numbed Octopus's entire body. "Now, Dragonair! Iron Tail!" Clair commanded. Dragonair's tail glowed; it used its tail to slam on to the numb Gabite, causing it to crash onto the nearby wall. Octopus stumbled and wobbled, then it slumped and hit hard against the floor.

"Gabite is unable to battle!" the referee said. "Dragonair is the winner!" "Return, Octopus!" Rachel gauntly said. She had almost forgotten Gabite's true weakness to shiny objects. perhaps if he blinded Octopus's eyes, that would it make it all better. At least, that's what she thought. "Choose your final pokemon!" Clair suggested. "Lets see you get a taste of Amer the Milotic!!" Rachel said as she threw another pokeball. This time, the Pokeball revealed a Milotic nicknamed Amer, from that name was the name of Rachel's sister, the one who she lost contact with after her parents got a divorce. "Milotic vs Dragonair!" the referee stated. "Let the battle...begin!" "Amer! Use Ice Beam!" Rachel called out as Amer obeyed. It swiftly swiched the hairs it has and released a blue beam from its mouth. "Dodge with Agility!' Clair once again ordered; as Dragonair, once again had enough speed to dodge Amer's Ice Beam, all thanks to Agility. "You can try, and try, but your attacks will never reach my Dragonair!" Clair stated as Rachel started to sweat. "My Dragonair however, can greatly damage your Milotic! Now Dragonair! Thunderbolt!" With Dragonair's blue jem started to glow again, it released a bolt of energy towards Amer. "You're finished!!" Clair explained. "Not with the power of god-modding!" Rachel explained. "Amer! Use Mirror Coat to bounce it back!" Clair was surprised. "M-Mirror Coat?!" she shrieked. "Mirror Coat is a move that bounces special moves right back at double the power!" Rachel smiled. "Well, la dee da, you know how the move works!" Rachel chuckled. "I promise to give you a cookie after this battle!" In any case, Amer activated a special pink barrier which defected Dragonair's Thunderbolt, right back at the Dragonair, at twice the power. Dragonair cried in pain as after the blow, the Thunderbolt resulted in paralysis. Clair could only watch in anguish as Rachel commanded Amer's next move: "Use Ice Beam!" Which Dragonair couldn't dodge this time, because of the paralyzing hax. Dragonair stumbled and crashed on the pool water it was swimming on. It stopped moving.

"Dragonair is unable to battle!" the referee announced. "Milotic is the winner!" While was jumping up and down like a lunatic on caffeine, Amer didn't seem to care; it swayed its red hairs back and forth to prove it won the match with more style. Clair returned her Dragonair back into its pokeball. "Not bad," she complimented. "But don't celebrate just yet! Next I choose...Kingdra!" Clair sent out her final pokemon, a Kingdra. "Dra...Dra!" it cried upon arrival. It was swimming in the pool of water. "Kingdra vs Milotic... Let the battle...begin!" the referee announced. "Amer! Use Ice Beam!" Rachel ordered as once again Amer delivers a Ice Beam. "Dive underwater to dodge!" Clair cried out as Kingdra complied. It dove underwater which led the Ice Beam completely off its mark. "Now, use... HYPER BEAM!" Clair ordered. "Oh...crapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapCRRRRRRAP!" Rachel panicked as Kingdra rose and released a powerful orange beam. "...that's what I WOULD of said If I didn't have this! Amer! Mirror Coat!" Amer once again put up the same pink barrier to deflect Kingdra's hyper beam right back. "Oh please, I'm not falling for THAT again," Clair explained. "Dive underwater to dodge!" Kingdra obeyed, which again, the re-bounced Hyper Beam completely missed it. "Hmph...what are you going to do now?" Clair said. "You can't mirror coat forever! And even if your Milotic was able to reach my kindra underwater, my kingdra's speed FAR out-passes it!!" Rachel started to think. "Well FINE! I WONT INVITE YOU TO MY BIRTHDAY PARTY ANYMORE!" Rachel pouted. "Amer! use Ice beam on the pool!" Clair got confused. "The...pool?" Milotic obeyed, which its released blue beam striked the pool, freezing it, causing the surface to be completly blanketed by frozen ice. Kingdra couldn't move from where it was swimming. "Oh...OH NO!" Clair cried. "Now Amer!" Rachel started to order. "Move in and use Aqua Tail!" Amer slithered its way to the suspended Kingdra as its tail glowed with 2 aqueous rings. Amer then use its tail to slam down he top of Kingdra's head as hard as it could, causing the ice to break. Kingdra was hit so hard that it sunk a little, then it floated back up. It stopped moving. "Dra..." it tried to cry out.

"Kingdra is unable to battle! Milotic wins! So! The victor is...Rachel!" "VVVVVVVVICTORY SCREECH!!" Rachel yelled happily after winning the match. "Please...don't," Clair begged. "Just take the stupid badge and go. Its the Rising Badge." "Can I...do a victory pose?" Rachel asked in glee. "DO IT OUTSIDE!" Clair yelled.

Meanwhile...right outside the blackthorn gym, a mysterious man was wearing binoculars, seeming to have watched the battle between Rachel and Clair. "She's perfect..." he mumered.

Rachel exited the gym, holding her Rising Gym badge in the air. This was her 8th gym badge; she had aquired all of the Johot gym badges. Rachel was actually a trainer not but about two years ago, training non-stop with her two pokemon: Octopus the Gabite, and Amer the Milotic. Rachel wa'ted to finally get back home, until...the man who was watching her appeaerd right before Rachel's eyes. He had a black suit, with black pants and sunglasses; you know, the ones that those "O-M-G I AM AN IMPORTANT AGENT" guys wear. "Who are you?!" Rachel asked, suprised. "And...why should I care." "...You don't need to know who I am," the mysterious man replied. "But...I know you. I have been watching your battle skills for some time now--" HOW DARE YOU WATCH ME TAKE A SHOWER!!" Rachel yelled. "Um...I said your battiling. Leisure time, I can care less about. But in any case, I am part of a organization concerned about the natural disaters happening in parts of this world."

This was true; natural occurances were happening so much lately. Last time as Rachel can recall, there was a small hurricane near Cherrygrove City, as well as a small tsunami near Olivine City. What Rachel is about to hear, however...was something that carried on to her mind. "We suspect it has something to do with...Arceus." Rachel got confused. She had never heard of a pokemon named Arceus. "What's an...Arceus?" she asked softly. "...is it delicious?" "Arcues is said to be the god of all pokemon," the man replied. "Its a supposed legend, but...we suspect it may be the cause of all this." Rachel looked down. She was worried about Arceus. What if the natural disaters was to happen towards the peaceful Blackthorn City? "How would you like to join us?" the man asked briefly. Rachel didn't know what to say. This was asked out of the blue; straight from winning her final gym badge. Rachel closed her eyes, wondering in though. What would her mother say? What would her siblings say? Then...

"Will there be cake there?," she asked. "DAMN IT, I can't do heroic stuff without my cake." "...Yes, I promise there will be cake," the man promised. "My treat. "ALRIGHT THEN! SIGN ME UP FOR...WHATEVER IT IS YOU GUYS ARE GOING!" Rachel said excited. "WHO DO I BEAT UP FIRST?!" "You will go Mistralton City in the Unova region," the man said. "The ferry leaves tomorrow to go to the airport with your first mission. Good luck." Rachel thought it would be best not to tell her family and get involved in this. Soon, she went to the local mart and bought some supplies for the trip. "That will be 100 yen," the clerk said. "...Rip-off artist." Rachel insulted while she handed over the money. The day after, she arrived at the Oilvine City Port, where she found the boat leaving for for the airport. She managed to get aboard, but she almost forgot her ticket because she wanted to play rock, paper, sicssors with the local Magnemites. However, she then realized that Magnemites HAD no hands, so she just went aboard. "We will be arriving in the airport in 15 minutes." the announcement said.

During the ferry ride, Rachel had all the time to think about her decision. She always loved her siblings, as well as her parents, so she thought it was wrong to leave them behind. She glanced at the pokeballs of her two pokemon: Amer the Milotic and Octopus the Gabite, wondering how she should tell though about her decision. 15 minutes later, she arrived at the airport where she found the airplane leaving for Mistralton City in the Unova region. "We will be arriving in Mistralton City in a few hours," the announcement said. "HEY LADY!" Rachel yelled. "WHERE THE HELL ARE MY PEANUTS? I mean come on! Air rides aren't complete without them."

Last edited:
Years
Could I reserve a spot please? ^^ It's kinda late here but I'll write my SU tomorrow morning. If that's too long to reserve a spot for though, don't worry about it and I'll just hope there's a spot when I wake up.

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
Years
May I reserve, also may I copy a Sign up sheet that is Almost Identical to this one and modify it from the roleplay it's from?

NamelessGuy

Years
@Aquartaris: Yes and yes.

@Yuukihime: Consider it done.

2 spots remain, for a total of 8 people, including myself.

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
Years
Name: Christopher (Most common: Chris) Darwood
Appearance: Chris has grey eyes, his hair is a shade of deep blonde in a short design. On his torso he has blue, sleeved, top. He has black Fingerless gloves and on his lower half of his body he has green trousers with several pockets in and also he has a white cap, a green and white shoe and a black coat, he is 5"9 in height, 140 lbs in weight.

Personality: Chris is a calm person most of the time. Although, when he is provoked he tends to be compelled to start a battle, amongst all this, lays a fondness of pokémon especially in water types, when he saw a Buizel using surf against a Dustox he was amazed at how the Buizel shifted the water. At that moment he became very fond of water types.

History: Chris was born in the Sinnoh region,Hearthome city to be exact, his mother a pokénurse and his father a pokémon water gym leader, his parents wanted him to have all the experience he needed so every day for a hour his father would Invite him for a view of his battle and his mother would teach Chris some Healing the rest of the day, on the first battle invite, his father was battling a trainer called Sam, his father sent out Buizel and Sam sent out Dustox, his father asked Buizel to use surf. Chris was amazed at how the Buizel shifted the water, and the battle finished after a few more turns and Dustox fainted, his father gave Buizel to Chris right after that battle, he was delighted with this and then he battled against wild and trainers no new pokémon though. Chris just finishing off a trainer battle, when a phone call came and it was his mother Nurse Allisha, she told him to get on the cruise to Unova as quick as possiable, so he quickly ran onto the cruise to Unova.

Pokemon
Pokemon 1 –
Species: Buziel
Nickname: None
Personality: A tough but thoughtful, short temper. Experienced and swift.
History: On the first battle invite, his father was battling a trainer called Sam, his father sent out Buizel and Sam sent out Dustox, his father asked Buizel to use surf. Chris was amazed at how the Buizel shifted the water, and the battle finished after a few more turns and Dustox fainted, his father gave Buizel to Chris right after that battle.
Attacks: Surf, Tackle, Water Gun and Water Pulse.

Pokemon 2 –
Species: Vaporeon
Nickname: None
Personality: Gentle and caring but Protective when any threat is opposed on her team.
History: On a healing lesson Nurse Allisha had to treat a eevee and so she called Chris helped his mother. when the eevee was better it evolved into Vaporeon and then it seemed to like Chris and his mother told him he should have her so he did.
Attacks: Bite, Whirl pool, Aqua ring and Water Absorb

RP example: The salty air was blowing, and the waves seemed calm. Chris was looking out at the sunrise then he looked at his Pokéballs "I suppose you would like the water," he pulled out of his Pokéballs. "Buizel, Vaporeon, Come on out." The Pokémon came out of their Pokéballs, "Buizel!" "Vaporeon!" Chris looked at the water, "You two go and have fun!" The Pokémon Looked at each other then ran to the railing, Buizel jumped in a diving Position
and made a splash when hitting the water. Vaporeon, on the other hand, ran and jumped over the rails and created a whirl pool for a safe landing. Chris let them play alot for about 5 hours and suddenly clouds covered the sky and the waves grew violent, Chris immediately jumped up and ran over to the side and tripped before the railings, he brang them back in their Pokéballs, the speaker spoke loudly "Welcome to Unova!"

Do you like it my sign up? please check if I have missed a bit that is not in this universe.

Last edited:

NamelessGuy

Years
@Titan: Reserved. I read on your profile that your time on here will be cut short, but that's fine. Mine will too (school... *scoffs*)

@Miss: Excellent work. Accepted. Probably the most enthusiastic SU I've seen yet. xD

@Aquataris: Hmmm... you're accepted. Just make your posts a bit longer, please. I had to think about this one a bit. Any less, and it probably would've been denied. Don't take it personally, it's just constructive criticism. Anyway, accepted.

Also, I should have the OOC thread up and running by the end of the day.

1 spot remains.

Years
Name: Warren Barlowe
Appearance: Warren has always had a very 'rough-and-ready' appearance. His skin is very tanned and weather-beaten, through spending a lot of his time outside and working under the sun. Against this, his light blue eyes can seem quite startling; he inherited them from his grandmother and they're somewhat heavy-lidded. His hair is dark brown and, for him, annoyingly curly; if he grows it out too long it becomes an afro, so he generally keeps it quite short. He prefers to wear lighter coloured clothes than darker, such as a pale yellow t-shirt with light blue jeans and, if the weather's cold, a green jacket. It's somewhat hard for him to find clothes though, because while he's average in height he's very broad in the shoulders and chest. Most shirts that fit him in the chest often hang a little below his hips. 

Personality: If anything, Warren's a fun-loving kind of guy. While he can have serious moments, he just prefers to take things easy most of the time, and have fun when he can. He's accepting of anyone and everyone, an while he's not one to hold grudges, it is very easy to get him to trust you. This hasn't really been a problem in the past, but it doesn't take much to win his respect. He doesn't even really have a temper; he's more likely to walk away before angering himself further with a situation. The few times he has gotten extremely angry though, he's never gotten physical, he only shouted. 

History: In the years before leaving on his Pokemon journey, Warren lived with his parents and younger brother in Olivine City, Johto. His father is a fisherman, and once he was old enough Warren would more often than not go out on their boat with his father and help him at work, pulling in Remoraid and Magikarp to sell to the restaurants all around the Johto and Kanto regions. He's always been very close with his younger brother Aaron, and they spent many sunny afternoons playing tag on the Olivine pier. 

His ambition to become a Pokemon trainer came at the age of eleven when he went out on the boat with his father to a new spot in the water, quite far out to sea. He saw the Whirl Islands in the distance, and on asking his father what they were, he was told the legendary story of the creature that now resided in them; Lugia. He became fascinated with the story of the two legendary birds of Johto, and the legends behind them, and vowed to one day at least see them for himself. 

He left home just before turning thirteen, with a Pokemon already in his arsenal (see below) and plenty of hopes and dreams. Namely, to be one day recognised as such a great Pokemon trainer that he could be one of the rare few to interact with the legendary birds Lugia and Ho-Oh. 

Pokémon

Pokemon 1 –
Species: Horsea
Nickname: Peggie
Background: Warren was twelve when he came across Peggie. She was only a baby at the time, and had gotten herself caught in Warren's father's fishing net. Warren had felt guilty and so sorry for the little thing that he took her home to help it heal; she's gotten so freaked out in the net that she'd hurt herself. She was better in no time and Warren did try to release her, but she'd grown too attached to him. She's been with him ever since, but he only really could recognise her as his Pokemon when he caught her just before leaving on his journey; with her permission of course. He named her Pegasus, but even that got shortened to Peggie over time. 
Personality: Peggie is a very sweet, loving Pokemon. She craves affection a lot of the time, and when she's out of her pokeball and not battling she's more often than not snuggling into the crook of Warren's arms, much like she did when she was a baby. Don't let that fool you though; she's a very fierce and devoted battler, and on the brink of evolution. 

Moveset (up to 6): Smokescreen, Bubblebeam, Agility, Focus Energy, Brine, Scald. 

Pokemon 2 –
Species: Nidoking
Nickname: Midas
Background: Warren caught Midas while he was training just outside of Goldenrod City. At the time Midas was very docile and agreeable, enough so that he eventually evolved into a Nidorino. Warren received the moon stone that evolved Midas into a Nidoking for his fifteenth birthday, from his parents. 

Personality: As a Nidoran, Midas was very sweet and gentle, but when he first evolved he started showing anger problems. He became much more vicious in battle, and while this was good for winning, Warren wasn't too keen because it wasn't very moral. When Warren received the moon stone, he'd hoped evolving Midas would calm him down, and it did a little. He's still very prone to battling right until the end though, and even now has the odd outburst of rage. 

Moveset (up to 6): Peck, Poison Sting, Double Kick, Chip Away, Horn Attack, Flamethrower. 

RP Sample: It wasn't really surprising that Warren jumped at the chance to do anything involving the legendary Pokemon. Of course he'd heard all about Arceus and the Divine Purge; it was a bedtime story he'd often begged for from his mother when he was growing up. Even now he truly believes it; he's firm in the fact that it all happened, and it could all be happening again. Which is why, when he received the message about travelling to the far-off Unova region, he agreed at once. Even if it was all a hoax, it would be interesting to visit such a far away place anyway. 

What he didn't think through was he fact that he'd have to get on a plane. Warren isn't a fan of flying at the best of times, let alone when the weather is frequently pulling strange stunts. Either Pokemon or plane; flying terrifies him, which is why he was still gripping his seat on the plane rather tight even after a few hours. If he could let Peggie out to cuddle, he would; she's a great source of comfort. But he can't, so he was forced to just focus on reading the book he'd brought along with him, which was all about the Unova region. The plane shuddered a little which made Warren's hand tighten on the armrest, and he regretted not bringing along sleeping pills or something. 

He chanced a glance out of the window, but it was dark out and kind of cloudy. From what he'd heard, the weather in Unova was temperamental at the best of times, let alone in current times. He looked back at his book, but with a frown on his face. He didn't like the risk of all of this being potentially destroyed again. The idea that the Divine Purge could be happening again troubled him; would the human and Pokemon races be able to handle a second one? 

His thoughts were interrupted by the pilot announcing that they were about to start the landing process. Reluctantly, Warren put his book away and fastened his seat belt. He distracted himself with looking out the window and watching the lights of the runway grow closer. He had to shut his eyes though; landing is the worst part of the flight in his opinion. 

(Hope it's all alright! :D)

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
Years
Edit - Finished!

Name: Alexandrea Mazerek

Appearance: Alexandrea stands at about 5"4" and weighs in at about 114 pounds, don't take her small stature lightly because that will be the last thing you ever do! Alexandrea's normally blonde, short hair has been dyed black with purple streaks, her skin a pale peach color, and her eyes a crystal blue. Clothing wise she finds that wearing a T-shirt with a Left 4 Dead 2 pattern with the words, "Curing the infection" written on it, she also wears a pair of torn jeans which have probably seen to many days and a pair of black converse. She also wears a gold locket around her neck which holds a picture of her younger, yet identical, twin sister in it. She also keeps the area below her elbows bandaged just because she exclaims, "They look cool!"

Personality:
Alexandrea is extremely outgoing and social; she will always jump at the chance to make new friends, and not shy away from new people. She is also a self-proclaimed kleptomaniac; always eager to steal something new, whether it be ice pops or rare artifacts, she will always end up stealing something at a new town. Alexandrea is also a major trickster, always loving to set childish traps on her enemies or from people she is going to steal from. Alexandrea also a major tomboy, and wouldn't be caught dead in a dress, or in makeup for that matter. Alexandrea is also very protective of the people she cares about especially if it's her twin sister.

Despite her qualities of being friendly and outgoing she often acts before thinking things through and often gets in trouble for it. She also has quite the sharp tongue when angered, and being accompanied with the fact that she does have quite a lot of martial arts experience so be prepared for the worst if you piss her off. She isn't afraid to pick fights with people if need be, especially if her sister is involved. She often will get in over her head when she fights which has given her arms quite a few scars on her arms and it is another reason why she wears bandages on her arms although she refuses to admit that she's ashamed of them

History: Born to a wealthy family in Snowpoint, Alexandrea was the eldest of two identical twin girls. She, however, was the healthier of the two; her sister was not nearly as lucky when it came to health, so Alexandrea did not get to see her much as the two were growing up. Alexandrea was blessed with the ability to not have to go to home school like her sister; instead she grew up in the local girls-only private school. Alexandrea learned all sorts of things at school, none of which she ever used. Alexandrea didn't particularly care for school, and her sharp tongue often got her beat up on many occasions, her parents became worried and soon signed her up for self-defense lessons, where she quickly excelled in.

Alexandrea wasn't to keen on the idea of using her skills for JUST self-defense though. Alexandrea KEPT starting fights and used her martial arts as her ace in the hole, which everyone knows, is breaking rule number 1 of the self-defensive arts. The school, having enough of Alexandrea's antic, kicked her out and Alexandrea was forced to attend home school.

She found this to be much to boring and soon began pondering the idea of running away. She thought long and hard on the idea and decided that the benefits outweighed the consequences so one day at age 15, she ran away from her home. Once she ran away she made her living as a thief, stealing whatever she could get her hands on. She would start fights with gang members, getting scar after scar on her arms, go days on end without eating anything, sometimes was so frustrated with the whole ordeal she wanted to throw her hands up in the air, yell a flurry of obscenities, and go home but then she thought of the fact of being locked up 24/7 studying and then found the will to continue onward.

One day, on her way to steal some local food supplies, she ran into a male Ralts who was more than happy to steal from her stash of stolen goods. A thief from a thief, Alexandrea finding amusement in the situation asked the Ralts if she would like to team up with her and become partners in thievery. The Ralts quickly and happily agreed, so, using a Pokeball (that she stole) she got her first Pokemon, a male Ralts whom she nicknamed Hyperion.

This began the start of her very own Pokemon journey, she had no desire to really obtain badges though. Alexandrea found the task to just be to tedious for her taste, only going out of her way to obtain gym badges when she needed to test her Pokemons strength.

Hence bringing us to present day, Alexandrea is now 19, with quite a few years under her belt, she also holds a close bond to Hyperion and the two are often constantly in sync with each other. She doesn't believe in this whole Arceus natural disaster thing, only obliging to go to Unova so she could find more things to steal and she couldn't pass up the chance for a new adventure, could she?

Pokemon 1-
475.gif

Species: Gallade
Nickname: Hyperion

Background: Alexandrea obtained Hyperion while he was still a Ralts, they agreed to be partner in thievery from the start. Both of them are extremely skilled liars and sneaky con artist. Alexandrea evolved Hyperion into a Gallade so they could spar together, which they often do to keep up on their skill. Hyperion often wins though thanks to his psychic powers which Alexandrea often claims to be "cheating". Despite their differences they are close friends and will always back each other up, no matter what

Personality: As stated before, Hyperion is a major klepto like Alexandrea, although he is much calmer and doesn't have a sharp tongue. Although if given the chance, will always speak his mind. Alexandrea often gets annoyed with his calm demeanor at times though, and he often gets irritated with his trainers lack of patience. Despite how irritated he gets with Alexandrea, he is fond of his trainer and would lay down his life for her. Hyperion is also a fan of chocolate and Alexandrea will usually buy him a chocolate bar as a reward for doing well in battle.

Moveset: Close combat, Slash, Psycho Cut, Confusion

Pokemon 2-
038.gif

Species: Ninetails
Nickname: Yoko

Background: Yoko was hatched from an egg which Alexandrea obtained by less than moral means. She raised Yoko from the day she...er... "obtained" the egg. When Yoko finally hatched she babied her from the start, often bottle feeding her and treating her like her own child. Yoko has helped Alexandrea a good number of times in battle, not afraid to protect her so-called "mommy" (because you know, Alexandrea never told Yoko that she blantantly stole her from her parents nest)

Personality: Yoko is much more elegant and much more silent than Hyperion. She holds a certain sophisticated behavior but isn't afraid to let down her guard to Alexandrea whom she regards as her motherly figure, so much to Alexandrea's annoyance, every time she comes out of her Pokeball, Yoko is prone to glomping Alexandrea. Alexandrea found it cute when Yoko was a Vulpix but now that Yoko is Ninetails and is much larger it can get quite annoying. She often wonders if it's her karma for stealing Yoko from her parents.

Moveset: Flame Burst, Nasty Plot, Fire Spin, Hex

RP Sample:

Taken from my authored rp on an alternative forum
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back