• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
"Um, sure. I... Hey! Where'd you go?" Bri said to Selene, while waving to Jack and Vakorie. She seemed to have disappeared before he could answer her. Snivy laughed.
"She is so very much like you!" Snivy said with a grin.
"No she isn't! I'd never walk away while someone is talking to me!" Brian said stubbornly. Snivy took the opportunity to remind him how many times he had done just that yesterday.
"Wow, I guess you're right. I need to work on that, huh?" Bri said. He turned to Mark.
"Hey, I forgot to put my watch on, how much time we got until the next class?" Bri asked. He spotted Alice and waved at her. Her pokemon were battling each other? Why? As if to answer Bri's unasked question, Snivy said, "That's how a lot of people train their pokemon."
Duster waved goodbye to Blaze. She turned to Snype.
"You think that dancing in battle might work? And I don't know what her deal is! Maybe she's just mean!" Duster said, pointing at Snivy.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
Jem kicked Bean off of him and ran to his side. He lunged forward and headbutt. They continued the tackling for a quite a while. The only thing Alice really noticed was that Bean's speed was improving, though Jem was still a lot faster. Then again, Bean was way bulkier.

"Okay, that's enough," Alice said. She noticed Bri waving at her. She smiled and waved back, now wanting to join the others. The thing was that she felt too lazy to stand again. What time was it? If it was almost time for class, it would be better if Alice just went to class and met up with everyone later. Maybe she would stalk Mark to whatever his second class was. Alice stood up and looked at her Pokémon.

Bean slowly walked to Alice's feet. "Bulba, Bulbasaur," he said, looking up at her. "What's that?" Alice asked him, picking him up and holding him in front of her face so they could make eye contact. "Bulba, Bulbasaur," he repeated. "You want to battle someone?"
"Bulbasaur!"
"All right, but you need to take a rest first. We all have classes soon, anyway."
"...Bulba," Bean agreed, albeit reluctantly.

Alice took out a pokéball and returned him. He deserved a rest after that little wrestling match. Jem leapt into Alice's arms, and she carried him toward her class. They walked past Mark, Selene, Jack, and Bri.

"My Bulbasaur wants to battle somebody after the first class," Alice said to nobody in particular, still walking as if she weren't inviting somebody to a battle. "Whoever would like to is welcome." She continued walking till she made it to the door of the Eggs 101 room. It was still locked, so this meant the teacher hadn't shown yet. Alice sat on a bench near the door and let Jem onto the ground. Then, Alice remembered she wasn't wearing the dorm jacket and didn't have her bag, either. Where was her mind? The dorms were very close by, only about a minute walk away. Once they got there, Alice picked up her jacket from its place on the floor and draped it over her shoulder. No way she would wear it normally anymore. It made her look awkward, and it was hot anyway. She grabbed a black messenger bag and hung it around her neck. Alice returned to the bench near the classroom and sat down again. She stared off into space for about three minutes, and then took out a book from her bag. It was a book with information on every Pokémon discovered so far, including but not limited to Unova.

She held the book in her lap and hung her head down, studying it carefully. She flipped through the Vulpix entry, taking notice of where it said, Evolution: Fire Stone. Alice was in no hurry to evolve Jem, but she knew she'd love to. Jem actually wanted to evolve as soon as possible, because he admired Ninetales. Alice flipped backwards through the book and looked at the Bulbasaur entry. One part of its information caught her eye. Bulbasaur is in better shape than other beginning Pokémon like Charmander and Squirtle - which makes it harder to defeat and capture. Was this true? Alice had never heard of that before, but the book stated it...

Years
Jack looked around as another Entei Dorm student ran up beside him this time a girl, "Yeah, just follow me and you'll get there no problem" Jack replied as he led the way to the classroom." Umm, thanks for cheering me on yesterday" Jack scratched his head, why did i bring that up?, "Although i did end up losing" he joked.

"I'm blaze" the Charmander responded as he trotted along before hanging his head slightly "thanks but i did lose so i kinda want to forget that"

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie noticed two familiar people, one waving to her. She would've waved back, but she had a Dratini in her arms. Dratini was not currently in need of rest, and so it promptly lifted its head up to look at the group curiously. Valorie glanced at her Dratini momentarily before approaching the group. She seemed to be in a good mood, all things being said. As she approached she noticed Selene talking about Pokemon Mythology. Hey, that was the class she needed to get to!

"Hi Mark! Hi Selene. I was just heading to Pokemon Mythology class."

A very slight delay interrupted her speech.

"Maybe we can go together? I think I know the way... I hope."

Why Valorie thought she knew the way was anyone's guess. Apparently she did, though.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark's eyes were wide open when Selene made her comment. "Hey, Can ya blame me?" Mark said back to her. She then said something about going to the beach with the rest of the guys. Was this to leave him with Valorie or something? The beach was actually sounding like a good idea right about now... The pool would probably be obnoxiously hot... though, he should get Valorie's opinion on it first.

"Time... oh! We got about... 15 minutes or so." Mark said looking at his watch. Alice walked by and asked the group for a battle after class. Mark already battled her yesterday so he declined. It would be boring to battle the same trainer constantly.

The Valorie ran up to the group. Selene was already walking toward Pokemon mythology class with Jack. Mark jumped up and greeted her. "O...oh! Hi Valorie!" Mark said, looking at her Dratini. "I see your Pokemon got alot better... that potion sure came in handy huh? Haha" He paused and stared at her for a second.

"Looks like Selene is gonna be ditching us and head to the beach with the others after class... Well... I guess we could join them if you'd like... I mean! If you perfer the ocean water over the pool that is, doesn't matter to me either way... I'm not a big fan of ocean water but whatever you want to do is fine by me... heh..." Mark said nervously scratching his head. Snype snicked at Mark's behavior.

Nideous

Years
Snivy was laughing uncontrollably at Mark.
"What's so funny?" Brian asked her, causing her to laugh even harder. He looked at her. He was very confused.
"Um... I don't get it. By the way, I'm not sure we got introduced yesterday. I'm Brian! Nice to meet you!" he said to Valorie, extending his hand in greeting. He was getting happy. There was going to be a party on the beach, and he had been the one to suggest it! This was awesome! Duster beamed up at him, and Snivy stopped laughing and smirked at the pokemon below her.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
Grinning Selene rubbed the back of her neck and laughed nervously. "Hey, no problem...I hated how that teacher was just so arrogant about the whole thing," she frowned and shook her head "just because we're students doesn't make us any less capable...and you may have lost the battle, but you more than held your own, and that's impressive." She smiled and held her hand out to him. "My name is Selene by the way...just in case you didn't know..."

Ri huffed and swatted his hand dismissively, "Pffft, we all lose from time to time. Nothing to be ashamed of. You battled amazingly well, Blaze, you were up against a teacher after all! Maybe we should get some training in...Ryan and Blu are interesting opponents too, lightning and flying, but Blu knows a few ice moves too, so he's a really worthwhile battle. I should know, I lost to both of them..."

Musician of Literature

La musica es la fuerza...
Years
The bell rang, signaling the end of the afternoon session. Mr. Tiranti's students left. After they left, Glen called a friend to make plans at a restaurant.

Back to academics, the teacher thought, Good day of teaching today, however I think I treated the students who arrived really a little harshly. It's really early in the year, I need to be lighter...

Then, Glen researched that organelle of electric Pokemon on his computer as he listened to Solar Wind by NeuronRage, then other songs by more hidden but talented artists. He knew a lot about it, but he wanted to go in more depth in the topic and find a method to make memorizing the processes in that organelle easier. He also wanted to figure out In what order should I present my topics.

After Glen finished preparing for the day ahead, he decided to go home. As he was walking off the campus, Mr. Tiranti saw a bunch of students hanging out. Then, he continued to walk home and rested til the morning.

Dawn

Years
Valorie examined Mark for a short bit, noticing the behavior. She did not comment, though, perhaps out of respect for his feelings and not wishing to make him more uncomfortable. She thought for a moment about whether the pool or the beach would be preferable. It didn't matter a whole lot to her, personally. Yet, others seemed to be going to the beach so... why not?

"The beach sounds fine, if its alright with you. I'm looking forward to it."

She then gave Mark a confident smile. She was talking about the battle. She was not going to lose today! She wouldn't let that happen.

Then an unfamiliar person introduced himself to her, and her attention was drawn. She turned to Brian, beaming a bit. She then proceeded to take his hand, attempting to impress him by gripping it rather hard, though she lacked the physical strength to follow up.

"My name's Valorie! I'm from Suicune Dorm. It's nice to meet you too."

Valorie glanced over her shoulder briefly, rather anxious not to be late for her first class.

Megaman765

Years
"Great! The beach it is then! I'm fine with it if you are. The beach is probobly alot better then the pool at this kind of day. It's freakin hot out. Hahaha..." Mark said cheerfully. It was almost time to go to classes. "Well, I gotta head off to my own class. I'll see you all later. Lets go Bri." Mark said to the group. Snype got up on his feet and followed Mark. Mark was kind of worried about Selene and Valorie having the same classes... the were both going toward the same direction so he could just assume... Crap.. what was Selene gonna tell her? Mark thought.

"I guess I'll see you all after class then." Mark said glancing at Valorie for a second.

Mark waved at the group and headed off toward his next class. He hoped he didn't look too stupid back there...

Years
Jack shock Selena's hand" I'm Jack" he responded as they kept walking along a little quicker now, for some reason he was getting a little nervous around Selena so he wanted to get to a more calming environment, A classroom? "So how you liking the school so far" Jack had nothing else to say really but he didn't want thinks t o be awkward as they walked to class.

Blaze realised that Ri was trying to cheer him up so he put on a smile "Yeah guess your right" he looked more cheerful now as they continued "maybe i'm sad because I want to be more like Blade and Rocky, Jack's other pokemon" they were kinda his idols so he always wanted to be more like them "Maybe you can get to meet them later today" Blaze smiled as he trotted along side Ri.

SelenaStar

Years
Grinning, Selene shook his hand firmly. "I know...I don't know how I knew but I did, I think I knew from that battle...but yeah, Hi Jack," she grinned sheepishly - could she sound any more of a dunce? She didn't know if it was a trick of the light or if Jack seemed to be a bit on edge...it didn't make her feel particularly awkward, however, rather she was curious as to what brought this change on. "It's...it's been great so far!" she said happily, "but ask me after Mythology hey...this is the class I've been dreading, may well change my mind during this...but yeah, everyone seems very lovely and I've made some good friends already. How about you? Haven't seen you around too much except for that battle..."

"I sure hope so," said Ri happily, he always loved meeting new pokemon, "but hey - what kind of an attitude is that to take? Admittedly I haven't met Blade and Rocky yet...but Jack must like you for you if he keeps you! Trust me, Sel always says that if Blu, Ryan or I annoy her we'll be straight into Daycare indefinitely...she is joking though, at least, I think she is..."

Nideous

Years
"Ok, bye you all!" Bri said. He looked around, but Mark was walking away as fast as he could. Brian picked Duster up, and ran after him.
"Hey, wait up!" Bri shouted as he ran to catch up. Mark was acting so weird! And Snivy was no better! She had burst out laughing again at Mark's abrupt departure.
"Oh, hush you! It isn't that funny!' Brian said.
"You just don't get the joke!" Snivy said. But she stopped laughing as they caught up.
"Hey, Mark! I hope our opponents aren't to tough!" Bri said as they walked to class.

Megaman765

Years
Mark couldn't help but notice Snivy laughing at him. Snype couldn't help but laugh at well. "What? We got like 10 minutes to get to class. I had to leave sometime Snype." He said, eying Snivy for a second. Snyped looked over to Snivy.

["Kehehehe. Seems like you've noticed whats up with Mark as well. Kehehe."] Snype said to her, sitting on Mark's shoulder. Mark looked at Snype.

"Snype what are you telling her?" He said. Snype looked at Mark and gave off an innocent facial expression as well as folded his hands trying to act like a little angel. "Heh, Well I don't think they'll be a problem. Snype, teamed up with on of your pokemon will make quite the team I bet." Mark said to him.

Eventually they had arrived to the classroom. They were about 5 minutes early so they had time for a bit of Small talk. Mark sat down at a desk closest to the front as possible and left room for Bri to sit next to him.

Years
"I've been a little reclusive since coming here maybe that's why" reclusive may have not been the word he should have used but it fit for now. Between the punishment and that battle on the first day there was not really anytime for Jack to truly socialize with anyone else. "Friends? well I have met a couple of people so yeah, a couple of friends" usually Jack would need to know someone a little better to call them friends but on this island they were the closest things to friends other than his pokemon.

"I know Jack likes me but i'm definitely not his favorite, that's definitely Blade" Blaze responded knowing that Jack and Blade had a long history together "I think he keeping me out cause i'm the youngest and smallest of his pokemon, if Blade was out he would want to battle all day long and Rocky is too huge to carry around" Blaze joked.

Nideous

Years
Brian sat in the desk next to Mark. He grinned at the other boy.
"Yeah, Snivy's been looking forward to a battle after she got better, isn't that right, Snivy!?" Brian said teasingly.
"Of course I noticed, anyone with half a brain would notice. Wait what?! Screw you Brian! Have you forgotten what happened last time I battled?" Snivy said.
"Ah, come on, Snivy! How are you going to get stronger?" Brian said. Duster looked up at Snivy.
"You lost a battle? Well, that's fine! We all lose some. In fact, I lost one last night!" Duster said. Snivy looked at her oddly.
"Anyway, what kind of water type pokemon do you think are at the beach?" Bri asked eagerly. He may not like to battle, but he loved to catch pokemon!

SelenaStar

Years
"Reclusive?" asked Selene with a frown, "you shouldn't be reclusive so early on at school...it should be way too exciting for you to shut yourself away from it! Although after Myth class we get to meet everyone at the beach, so that'll be nice to get to know everybody some more and just relax..." she looked at the beautiful surroundings of the school and sighed. "It is a little...strange isn't it, this place. It seems so huge yet so isolated at the same time...well, we're dorm-mates and all so if you ever need a talk or a battle or someone to eat ice-cream with I'm there!" she smiled widely and looked around. "Are we nearly there yet..? I feel completely lost already...I wish I could handle directions..."

"Ah yeah, I hear you, we have the same problem." sighed Ri, shaking his head, "Ryan doesn't tend to be let out of his pokeball much, mainly because he's so hyperactive and has been known to start a fight with a rock thinking it was a Geodude. And Blu...Blu is so calm and reserved, I think he prefers to stay in his ball when Selene is out and about...and me, well, I just take life as it comes you know."

Megaman765

Years
Snype jumped off of Mark's shoulder and layed down on the desk. ["Kehehe. Seems like you two haven't been having a very good win streak huh? Don't worry Mark lost his first battle as well when he used his Porygon, Commodore."] Snype said to the two Pokemon. ["Kehe, Hey Snivy, If you'd like, I'll gladly teach you a few tricks for battling. I taught Duster a few. She did pretty well when I battled her. I'm actually interested in double battling with ya if you don't mind."] He asked Snivy.

"Water pokemon? Well... I guess whatever is around the ocean I suppose if we're going to the beach. Tentacool... Maybe Magikarp. Something along those lines." Mark replied

Dawn

Years
Meanwhile, Valorie headed off to Pokemon Mythology. She actually did have a good idea of how to find the room based on how room numbers usually weren't completely random, and so she managed to get to the class. As she walked in, she looked around, seeing who was there and what was going on. She wasn't surprised to see Selene, of course, and after a few moments decided to go on ahead and sit nearby. She didn't see anything problematic with sitting near friends. She was a hard worker, and so she was sure it would not interfere with her classes. She would glance over her shoulder, acknowledging Selene and others nearby briefly, though she didn't say anything at that particular moment.

-------------
Charmander ♀ Level 14
Dratini ♀ Level 16
Trapinch ♀ Level 15

Years
Jack chuckled a bit when he heard Selena say " someone to eat ice-cream with I'm there!" he just smiled and walked along for her "We're here actually" opening the door to one of the classrooms for Selena to walk through as Jack looked into the classroom he spotted Valorie the girl Mark was waiving too from earlier and he also realised that the teacher had not yet arrived meaning that Jack was early for a change which prompted Jack to breath a sigh of relieve.

At this point Blaze got a bit silent he was actually pretty tired since the sleep he had in the pokemon center wasn't the most comfortable so he let out a loud yawn before running into the classroom and finding an empty desk to lie down on waving Ri over to a nearby chair "Come on buddy"

Back