• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Most Disappointing Pokémon You Have Used From The Fifth Generation

Years
i say Klink,it evolves to final stage at level 50 and is totally worthless. Audino is worthless aswel,it was programed in just to give you a lot of EXP,and to annoy you with random shaking grass spawning right in front of you even when you got a repel on

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2013
Snivy line - Picked him for the current second playthrough I'm doing before I play B2, just useless. Once I got to a place where I had 3 other pokemon who were level 20ish he took a backseat to my power duo.

Audino - Rustling grass, excitement of it possibly being a really mysterious pokemon with a cool power......Nope! Just Audino. Caught it, had one battle, put it in the box. Now I use them to get rid of frustration and gain XP.

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2016
Musharna-Too slow, couldn't take a hit either
Simisear-Weak and couldn't take a hit
Archeops-Bad ability

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
My pick is Snivy and his evolutions. I picked him as starter on my Black2, got so disappointed i never even used him past lv. 20 or something...expected a lot more out of him

Munchlax11

Munch?
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 15, 2014
Archeops was a big disappointment because of its ability. I cant really say Purrloin/Liepard because I never really had good expectations for it, so it was never really a "disappointment"

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2015
I didn't like the Tepig line. The Fire/Fighting thing gets old after a while, and it's moves weren't really any fun either. Combine this with it's slowness, and you have a pokemon that's not really any fun. I chose it as my starter in black 2, and wound up trading to my cousin a few days later for his Leftovers. Even when I did have it on my team, it wound up stuck behind my Muk and Arcanine the whole time.

I also didn't really like Genesect. The thing looks awesome, sure, but like the Tepid line it lacked fun to use attacks. For example, having it's signature move be normal type until you find drives to change it was a pain, and being forced to waste your held item slot for it made it even worse. The thing wound up boxed before the bug gym.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Heatmor - Should have been Fire/Steel Type like Heatran. Compared to Darmanitan and Chandulure, there is nothing that makes Heatmor stand out from the crowd. Steel Typing would have done that. Better resistances would make him a bit bulkier than the other Fire Types how can be OHKO by many things.

Parts of Heatmor's body IS METAL. He has a EXHAUST PIPE, CORROBORATORS, and a BLOW TORCH. He is an AUTOMOBILE. How is that NOT a STEEL TYPE pokemon?

Blue Emerald

One of life's great mysteries
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 15, 2022
For me, probably Cryogonal. It has a great Special Defense and decent Special Attack, plus it has Levitate, but its movepool is terribly shallow, with a meager variety of special attacks to take advantage of its Special Attack stat, and its Defense stat is so poor it makes Alakazam look bulky.

I mean, it's a killer snowflake! Wouldn't it have been obvious to give Cryogonal moves like Water Pulse or Ominous Wind to take advantage of its Special Attack? Wouldn't Power Whip have been a good move against Rock-types considering it has icy tentacles coming out of its mouth? What about a good annoying move like Wrap? And why does it know Attract if it can't do anything with it?

I hope Gen VI finds some way to improve Cryogonal, be it with some good moves or an evolution, maybe even a new useful ability, because I think there really is some untapped potential to this Pokemon.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
The Snivy Line, when I first saw them, I was so excited. They looked so cool and so strong. But it turned out that they where TERRIBLE>

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
The Snivy Line, when I first saw them, I was so excited. They looked so cool and so strong. But it turned out that they where TERRIBLE>

Yeahh I agree :( Serperior is only really fit for competitive and lower competitive, at that. ;( It's good at screens and Calm Mind but without Contrary it's just not really that great to use in-game.

d00bt00b

Genxo
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 1, 2013
I was very disappointed by all starter lines except the Tepig line (although I was very annoyed that Game Freak used the Fire-Fighting combination for the third generation in a row.) I was also disappointed by Musharna, who I expected to be much better.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I was very disappointed by all starter lines except the Tepig line (although I was very annoyed that Game Freak used the Fire-Fighting combination for the third generation in a row.) I was also disappointed by Musharna, who I expected to be much better.

Musharna however is great defensively, something that not all of gen 5 can claim to. Where it fails in speed, well, would you really expect a slow sleepy creature to be fast? ;_;

d00bt00b

Genxo
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 1, 2013
Musharna however is great defensively, something that not all of gen 5 can claim to. Where it fails in speed, well, would you really expect a slow sleepy creature to be fast? ;_;
Well, no I really didn't expect it to be fast, but does Slaking count as sleepy because it's pretty fast. I meant to say that it wasn't as good as many Pokemon that have the same role in competitive such as Cresselia or Celebi.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
My original Snivy that I chose the day BW 1 came out and boxed the same day is still lv22. Snivy was incredibly disappointing. Beartic was also somewhat disappointing originally, but Swift Swim is perfect for it.

Back