• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] My Dream, My Hope

Nakala Pri

Aww I thought you were xD But thanks for the compliments though <3

A89pgO5.png

Here's a new tag, also my first smudge attempt. I know the smudges are terrible but I have no tablet so that's all I could pull off with a laptop's touch pad. CnC?

No problem. xD I just enjoy impersonating different kinds of people, like Slave from South Park:

Jesus Christ.

It's better in real life. xD (I HATE THAT SHOW!)

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
Creative blocks are terrible, don't ever get one kids. I haven't done much on PS lately, I'm waiting for my new laptop to arrive this weekend, the laptop I'm currently using doesn't like PS so I can't open it without it occasionally crashing. :c

click to see the original image. Basically I did a recolour on Yuuka's hair and dress, saturated the whole icon and made it more vibrant. I'm not 100% happy with it but it'll do for now.

Sorry guys I promise I'll try to get in some good stuff soon, not just a boring little icon. xD

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2014
I have noticed that in a lot of tags, there is a clear presence of talent. I love your use of depth in your signatures, but some of them are a bit too blurred and on some of the sharper ones, i could see pixels because they are too sharp, which is bad o.o

One some, the colors feel out of place and unblended...o.o a few more adjustment layer could fix that :)

Overall, very nice work!

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
I've been having a lot of problems with depth lately, but I will keep that in mind next time I make a tag trust me. I'm not really sure what you mean about the colours part though, could you point that out more specifically? And thanks I'm trying hard to get better.

sz88yhy.png

here's something I worked on today, I'm not really liking it though there's something bad about it I know but I can't point it out. CnC?

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
ah i can see what you mean by having problems with what you were telling me. the signature feels like it does need more depth. it feels like the render was just placed. also, i feel like some re-coloring would have helped a lot in the case, or adding another c4d to help(: burning the corners of the signature will help too.

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2014
ah i can see what you mean by having problems with what you were telling me. the signature feels like it does need more depth. it feels like the render was just placed. also, i feel like some re-coloring would have helped a lot in the case, or adding another c4d to help(: burning the corners of the signature will help too.

I always look at my signature at the end and imagine (if I could) if I could "reach" into it and touch something, or if I am going to hit a brick wall xD

As for the cnc, I think that the light is a bit too intense and too yellow, also you should probably darken the edges.. the signature needs more contrast ;-)

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
Now that you mention it, the lighting is way too intense. Same thing about the lack of contrast. I feel frustrated making tags lately, it doesn't ever turn out as good as I like. I'll just take a small break and focus more on icons, speaking of which here are some icon updates:

sdQG5JP.png
Ei5QflY.png

rwkUz5P.png
Pe4qKUM.png

dgIlc9T.png
jilSlpz.png

eAWftCE.png
ieJp0Ac.png

after a few more, I'll probably open up an icon shop.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Yeah, taking a break does help when you're not feeling your works. I've tried it plenty of times only to find myself making even better stuff after I take a month long break or two. So good decision, I guess.

Critiquing those icons will be a little hard though. Because I don't know if it is just my mobile or are the colors really washed out in some of these? There's little that make the main focus stand out. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of the washed out color style. But when I'm looking at these icons I dot really think they're working for these. Talking mostly about the one with the teddy bear in it and the last icon here btw. Second last one has some vibrant reds that look really nice and I do feel as if you've done a good job on that. The one with the anime girl has some text at the top left corner which is only partially visible I believe. Sorta distracting. The LoZ icons just don't stand out though. They look really...normal?

Keep up the good work though. Dero's defo a fan.

edit - the loz icons look sorta dull because the colors could still have been brought out further. The yellows and greens especially. Imo.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
Thanks for the critique dero. <3 I was trying to do the teddybear one "livejournal" icon style, I guess adding some brighter colours and sharpening a bit would help? As for the LoZ ones they were almost black/white and the colours were barely visible so I used a lot of selective colour and vibrance layers. You're right though I should add some more to the yellows and greens. brb trying out your suggestions <3

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
Wjmc44O.png

my new laptop just arrived and now I can make better smudges since it's touch screen <3 it's pretty fun using photoshop with my fingers as if it were an app. Anyway here's my latest tag at the moment. This one is focused on practicing my smudging technique. There's not much else going on with it since I'm trying to get comfortable with my smudging technique. I probably should of made the smudges bi-tone actually, I think there's too much yellow. CnC?

Back