• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Team Movesets

Years
  • Seen May 23, 2016
Hello all For the new Pokemon black/white games (5th gen) i decide to show the Pokemon team that i have proposed opinions are welcome.

Gliscor
Nature: Impish
Ability: Poison Heal
Item: Toxic Orb

Moveset
Earthquake
Stone Edge
X - Scissor
Fling

EV trained HP252,Def184,Spe72

Ferrothorn
Nature
: Relaxed
Ability: Steel Thorns
Item: Leftovers

Moveset
Power Whip
Gyro Ball
Spikes
Stealth Rock

EV trained HP252, Def176, Sp.Def82

Kingdra
Nature: Modest
Ability: Swift Swim
Item: Life Orb?

Moveset
Dragon Pulse
Surf
Ice Beam
Rain Dance

EV trained HP6,Sp.Atk252,Spe252

Electivire
Nature:
Adamant
Ability: Motor Drive
Item: Life Orb

Moveset
Earthquake
Cross Chop
Wild Charge
Ice Punch

EV trained HP6,Atk252,Spe252

Darmanitan
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Sheer Force
Item: Choice Band

Moveset
Flare Blitz
Superpower
Earthquake
U - Turn

EV trained HP6,Atk252,Spe252

Haxorus
Nature:
Adamant
Ability: Mold Breaker
Item: Life Orb??

Moveset
Outrage
Earthquake
Brick Break
Dragon Dance

EV trained HP
6,Atk252,Spe252

this is my team for 5th Gen wifi battles advice is welcome.

Last edited:

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
Years
For Gliscor, I would give him an Impish nature, 252 Evs HP, and the other 256 useable EVs should be given between Attack and Speed. I would also reccomend replacing X-Scissors with Roost, and Stone Edge with Acrobat, since you will be walling Conkeldurr a lot with Gliscor. After Toxic orb is flung, it also doubles in power.

Kingdra should had an attack boosting nature with Dragon Dance, Adamant. Dragon Dance, Outrage, Waterfall, and the fourth slot I personally like to run with Rain Dance. Always nice to remove permanent weather that has been summoned. And if you do that, the ability should be changed to Swift Swim.

Electivire should have Motor drive to pick up a few free speed boosts.

Darmanitan should have Choice Band or Life Orb, because Focus Band is banned. Maybe you just mixed those two up, but they are pretty different. XD

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2012
For Gliscor, I would give him an Impish nature, 252 Evs HP, and the other 256 useable EVs should be given between Attack and Speed. I would also reccomend replacing X-Scissors with Roost, and Stone Edge with Acrobat, since you will be walling Conkeldurr a lot with Gliscor. After Toxic orb is flung, it also doubles in power.

Kingdra should had an attack boosting nature with Dragon Dance, Adamant. Dragon Dance, Outrage, Waterfall, and the fourth slot I personally like to run with Rain Dance. Always nice to remove permanent weather that has been summoned. And if you do that, the ability should be changed to Swift Swim.

Electivire should have Motor drive to pick up a few free speed boosts.

Darmanitan should have Band or Life Orb, because Focus Band is banned. Maybe you just mixed those two up, but they are pretty different. XD

This is along the right things you should do but use this Gliscor set.

Gliscor@Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
Impish Nature
252 HP/184 Def/72 Spe
-Fling
-Acrobat
-Earthquake
-Protect/Ice Fang/U-Turn

72 speed ev's allow you to outspeed Adamant breloom and Jolly Tyranitar. The rest is dumped into defense to allow you to take physical hits better.

Kingdra wants draco over dragon dance, idk why you even have that lol. you could probably also just use specs latios which is probably better than kingdra in that slot.

Electivire is meh. Use motor drive.

darmanitan k

Haxorus k

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Other than agreeing with the above changes, I'd like to modify Haxorus a bit. Dragon/Ground provide good coverage already, so you can replace Brick Break with one of these:
-Dragon Claw for reliable STAB
-Taunt to stop walls from setting up
-Dual Chop for the same semi-reliable STAB as Dragon Claw, except you can break Substitutes with the first hit, then hit the Pokemon that was behind the sub.

Years
  • Seen May 23, 2016
thanks for the help with gliscor and i didi mix up focus band and choice band thaks for the advice

i have brick break there to compensate for his weakness to ice pokemon

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
thanks for the help with gliscor and i didi mix up focus band and choice band thaks for the advice

i have brick break there to compensate for his weakness to ice pokemon

Change the Gliscor set, X-Scissor doesn't do anything for it and neither does Stone Edge.

Swords Dance/Taunt or Protect /Ice Fang/EQ is the best set in this current metagame imo. Ice Fang is needed for Landlorus, Garchomp and the like. Spikes will also help this sweep thanks to it wearing down its counters, aka waters.

Kingdra is ok.

Ferrothorn is fine, consider Thunderwave over a STAB move and more sp.def evs.

Vire is terrible, its walled by anything with defense evs. Im serious, its Ice Punch cant even KO Gliscor. Eelektross is superior.

Eelektross@ Life Orb / Expert Belt
Trait: Levitate
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
EVs: 252 Atk / 172 SpA / 84 Spe
- Thunderbolt / Wild Bolt
- Grass Knot
- Flamethrower
- Brick Break

Eelektross @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
- Coil
- Zap Cannon / Thunder
- Brick Break
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Those two work best imo.

Darmitan wants Jolly and Rock Slide over EQ for the Sheer Force Boost and to not be walled by Salamence and Gyarados.

Haxorus is ok. Taunt over Brick Break though or Skarm poops on you lol.

The only problem with this is your team is slow as heck anything which sets up a DD will crush you. Id consider putting in a scarfer or a priority user over Darmitan. Id consider Mamoswine, this also patches up that horrid Thundurus, Dragon <with fire move> and covers things like Chlorophyll Venusaur too.

Ice Shard/SuperPower/EQ/Icicle Drop @ Life Orb @ Jolly max attack and speed works well in it.

Hope this helps you a little. ^^

Years
  • Seen May 23, 2016
Other than agreeing with the above changes, I'd like to modify Haxorus a bit. Dragon/Ground provide good coverage already, so you can replace Brick Break with one of these:
-Dragon Claw for reliable STAB
-Taunt to stop walls from setting up
-Dual Chop for the same semi-reliable STAB as Dragon Claw, except you can break Substitutes with the first hit, then hit the Pokemon that was behind the sub.

you do know that haxorus is only a dragon not dragon ground?

Back