• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Triskaidekaphobia

Honest

Hi!
Years
Long word, isn't it? You may or may not have heard it before. It has its roots in Greek language. 'Tris' means '3', 'kai' means 'and', and 'deka' means '10'. And I'm sure you know 'phobia' I totally love Breaking Benjamin means 'fear of'. Any guesses what triskaidekaphobia is?

Fear of the number 13!

But how many of us actually suffer from triskaidekaphobia? I want to know, so here are my questions for you:

1)What do you think about triskaidekaphobia?
2)When you see floor 12b, or apartment number 12b, and no 13 to be found, does it irritate you at all?
3)Why do you think the number 13 is so special?
4) Do you have triskaidekaphobia?

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
What do you think about triskaidekaphobia?

13 always had a satanic value, really, so I can understand why people would fear it.

When you see floor 12b, or apartment number 12b, and no 13 to be found, does it irritate you at all?

Not really. I wouldn't go on Floor 13 lol

Why do you think the number 13 is so special?

Again, satanic values. Search on Google for what I mean lol

Do you have triskaidekaphobia?

Kinda. I much prefer the numbers 7 and 10, since they're considered holy numbers. 9, 11, and 13 aren't numbers I like.

Last edited:

Melody

Banned
Years
It's silly. It's a very silly thing to fear.
2)When you see floor 12b, or apartment number 12b, and no 13 to be found, does it irritate you at all?
It annoys me VERY GREATLY! 13 isn't something to be feared, fearing it only gives satan power.
It's NOT SPECIAL!!~
No.

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
Years
Wow. Just Wow.
No. Its just a number.
its not special. 16 is wayyy better.
psh, no xD

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
Okay... XDD;

1)What do you think about triskaidekaphobia? I'd say it's stupid to have a phobia of a number, but I have a strange phobia of the number 104, so... :[
2)When you see floor 12b, or apartment number 12b, and no 13 to be found, does it irritate you at all? I was just in an elevator yesterday, and yes, it irritated me. XD It's just a number. I have a weird fear of the number 104 but I wouldn't freak out if it was on an elevator. o___o
3)Why do you think the number 13 is so special? No idea. No idea why the number 104 is special to me either. XD
4) Do you have triskaidekaphobia? No, but I have... whatever the word is for a phobia of 104. XD

Again, no idea why I have a phobia of the number 104. It just freaks me out randomly when I see it on the clock. o___o

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
My birthday is on the 13th, so I'm not particularly scared of 13. XD

...although my birthday has fallen on a Friday before. >.<

hiphiphippo

hip hip hurray!
Years
it's annoying at times. #13 is nbd, calm down

uh, i dont pay attention to that stuff so i dont really notice, therefore it doesnt bother me
but is it an international thing? cuz i only seem to go on elevators with 12+ floors in China..

because some people are paranoid about weird things
and i'm 13 years old!

not really

Last edited:
Years
I think it's silly, personally, but sometimes people have silly fears. No need to get all mad about it.
I don't think I've ever seen such a thing. If I did, I'd be a little upset, but not enough to really matter.
I was once given a reason, but I've since forgotten. It's something religious, iirc?
No.

Death_Mande

Avenged Sevenfold.
Years
Silly? Why would I be afraid of a Number o-o

Not really ^^;;, It's how the building was designed to be. I shouldn't stress about it.

Because it's exactly 10 days before I met my partner.

Nope.

Years
They should just remove the number 13! Just make it like 1:mudkip^_^: or something.

Do places actually do that? LOL that's amazing I didn't even realize.

Ever seen Friday the 13th?! ... I haven't but I think it's supposed to be scary.

Yes. ]:

Years
I never knew someone that has it, so I don't know what to think of it.

Cruise ships tend to not have the number 13 [IN AMERICA!]. I don't know the story behind that, though. But it doesn't bother me.

I don't think a certain number is special.

No, even though I loathe math with a passion.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 1, 2010
1)What do you think about triskaidekaphobia?It is too long a word for such a simple fear. It would be easier to say, "I am afraid of thirteen" than it would be to stumble over the word.
Yes. I mean, what on Earth is the point of having two 12s and no 13??
It is related to Friday the Thirteenth, lots of people have bad connections to it.
No. Having a fear like that would be completely irrational.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2015
1) What do you think about triskaidekaphobia?
Its fairly silly to be honest

Yes that is not a chronological order

Simple 1 and 3 are the a few of the first numbers in numerical order :D

Yes I'm very afraid of 13 why even when I count I skip 13 and head straight to 14 because 13 is sooooooo evil

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I think these sorts of superstitions are started by people who needed to emphasise something to others and took the scaremonger route — like people would tell children not to put their shoes on a table because it brings about bad luck, but really just don't want them to because it makes the table dirty. The children then wouldn't put their shoes on the table anymore because the luck is supposed to affect them, and thus concerns them, while dirt on the table wouldn't.
The fact such superstitions still exist nowadays is unflattering, but whatever, no logical people still believe them.

If it's an old building, I can respect that, but if it's new then it does bother me. The houses down my road for instance were built in the 1950s, and there is no №13 house at all, not even a 12b, but I just find that amusing and it seems like a nice custom quirk my road has; but if I went down a recently built road and noticed there was no №13, I'd find the mentality of the builders quite worrying. It is only a differences of sixty years, but it's those years in which we've largely dispensed of such beliefs.

Abrahamic religons are especially pushy with their beliefs.

My mind seems to, but my consciousness does not. Like if I find I've got 13 rounds left in my gun in an FPS I might reload or fire one off, but I'll be thinking 'why did I just do that' afterwards. My brain has picked up on the superstition and picks it out from my memory as it's been mentioned in my life, but I myself have not taken it to heart, so it still gets applied 'when I'm not looking'; but ultimately my answer to the question is no.

loliwin

→ Level 69
Years
I like the name
Nah, my friend's apartment is in the 13th floor of a building. xD
Friday the 13th!!!!! oooooo
You decide. lol xD

Back