• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Fire Red Infernos (Beta 1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
Ghosts pre-Silph Scope = "ghosts" instead of gastly and the like (meaning i cant catch them or battle them)
and probably "smarter trainers" i mean... they use X-Attack when they have an obvious weakness... so, it could be better to make them use more defensive its and more potions. give them the "Elite 4" intelligence levels because if I remember correctly, they are bit smarter with potion usage.
Also, I think they should bet better movesets and stats although custom EV'd and IV'd stats might make it a bit too hard (like the ones recommended at smogon/serebii)
and flashfire for Charizard? that makes battling the fire types a bit easy...
That seems normal, so I don't think anything is wrong there (thankfully). Once you have the Silph Scope, it should be fine. I can't give Evs or IVs with the trainer tool I've got (not sure if other trainer tools allow this), but I can increase intelligence and sort out the items - I have noticed this before, where the trainer uses an item like this and gets KO'd in one hit, wasting the item and their turn.

And does Flash Fire really make a big difference? If there's another ability that seems more appropriate, I could replace Flash Fire with it. That, or I could just take the secondary abilities off of Bulbasaur and Squirtle as well and just keep it normal.

Years
That seems normal, so I don't think anything is wrong there (thankfully). Once you have the Silph Scope, it should be fine. I can't give Evs or IVs with the trainer tool I've got (not sure if other trainer tools allow this), but I can increase intelligence and sort out the items - I have noticed this before, where the trainer uses an item like this and gets KO'd in one hit, wasting the item and their turn.

And does Flash Fire really make a big difference? If there's another ability that seems more appropriate, I could replace Flash Fire with it. That, or I could just take the secondary abilities off of Bulbasaur and Squirtle as well and just keep it normal.

yea... flashfire does make charizard a bit OP as you don't get any damage (i remember fire blast used to do some ok damage on Charizard in the original game)
and if you can change the IV and EVs its fine, just give the trainers some more IQ
Bulbasaur and Squirtle have secondary abilities?
like squirtle has the same effect as vaporean (no dmg from water move)? cuz I actually think that blaze, torrent and watever the grass one was were good enough, i mean, it already boosts their dmg when their HP falls below 1/3rd and some trainers could do that easily if they had the right moveset

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
yea... flashfire does make charizard a bit OP as you don't get any damage (i remember fire blast used to do some ok damage on Charizard in the original game)
and if you can change the IV and EVs its fine, just give the trainers some more IQ
Bulbasaur and Squirtle have secondary abilities?
like squirtle has the same effect as vaporean (no dmg from water move)? cuz I actually think that blaze, torrent and watever the grass one was were good enough, i mean, it already boosts their dmg when their HP falls below 1/3rd and some trainers could do that easily if they had the right moveset
At the moment, Squirtle has Shell Armor (blocks critical hits), and Bulbasaur gets Chlorophyll (doubles speed in sun). To be honest, I think I'll get rid of them because the original aim was for all three to get access to their dream world abilities, but this just wasn't possible, so I think in the next version, they'll just get their usual abilities.

Right now I'm looking into tile insertion tutorials. I might run this as a side project on a trial version to see how it looks. It depends if people want to see some new tiles or not really. That, and if I can learn how to do it :P

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2015
If the tiles are nice, then I support it. But they have to look good, or it'd really put me off playing. Sticking to the old tiles might be the safer option to be honest.

Years
the current tiles are actually pretty good, its not like ruby where the tiles and graphics need a major revamping... and I agree with Synergise, if you are gonna change the tiles they probably need to be an improvement from the FRLG tiles

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
Ok, I've been experimenting a bit to see how it all works, and I've come up with this. It's just grass and tree based tiles for now, but this is how it could look (obviously I'd structure everything better if it were implemented!). I personally prefer the more vibrant colours of these. Credits go to Wesley FG for the base tiles.​

Tree-example.png
Example2.png

This is a change from the old tiles which look more like this;
Pic10.png

What do people think?
(Also, I'd really appreciate it if more people who are downloading could let me know what they think, because at the moment I'm basing everything off the opinions of two people :P )​

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2015
Synergise likes! I'd need to see more tiles to say yes or no overall, but it'd be really great to see a nicer looking FR :)
Really, there's quite a lot of graphical things you could change that would change the game from being pretty much the same as the original to almost a new game to look at. Maybe things like trainer sprites and their mini-icons?

Years
Whoa... cooooool.... it really is brighter XP and maybe you can make the cut trees look like dead trees so I don't feel bad cutting up mutated green shrooms of doom (wow that sorta rhymed). And maybe the grass and be more dense so it looks like grass, not a bunch of small bushes

Also, maybe try implementing some EV changing stuff? like those useless berries that you make pokeblocks out of? that would be pretty cool (but I got no idea how to do that but maybe ask icychill66). Yea, i found it on his hack.
Safari zone pkmn locations? or is it similar to the original with only extra pkmn added?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
Synergise, that's a nice idea. I'll have a look into and see how to do it, because I don't know at the moment :P

Whoa... cooooool.... it really is brighter XP and maybe you can make the cut trees look like dead trees so I don't feel bad cutting up mutated green shrooms of doom (wow that sorta rhymed). And maybe the grass and be more dense so it looks like grass, not a bunch of small bushes

Also, maybe try implementing some EV changing stuff? like those useless berries that you make pokeblocks out of? that would be pretty cool (but I got no idea how to do that but maybe ask icychill66). Yea, i found it on his hack.
Safari zone pkmn locations? or is it similar to the original with only extra pkmn added?
Hmm, that's an interesting idea about the cut trees! And I'll see what I can do about denser grass.

Thanks for your ideas you two :)

I'm not really sure what you mean to be honest. Do you mean the berries that reduce EVs in certain stats but increase happiness?

And I think some things got changed in the Safari Zone. I'll just post the encounter lists.

Area 1
Rhyhorn, Jigglypuff, Furret, Girafarig, Nidorino, Nidorina, Murkrow, Scyther, Bagon, Chansey​

Area 2
Manectric, Doduo, Tangela, Pinsir, Paras, Heracross, Parasect, Flaaffy, Kangaskhan, Linoone, Wobbuffet​

Area 3
Farfetch'd, Hariyama, Exeggcute, Paras, Parasect, Cacnea, Venomoth, Breloom, Chansey, Exeggutor, Vibrava​

Area 4
Doduo, Skiploom, Azurill, Marill, Azumarill, Venonat, Nidorino, Nidorina, Tauros, Miltank, Dodrio​

I've been having a bit of trouble with adding buildings (they kept coming out with odd animations, and then just discoloured, so no more pictures just yet I'm afraid.

Any mapping changes won't be in the next beta, but what would people like to see before I release it?​

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
If I may, I would suggest making the normal grass less bright, normal grass is hardly that bright.

Years
What I mean is to have berries (the ones that can only be used for pokeblocks) to subtract EVs from your pokemon (makes getting those good stats easier, esp for those which you have trained since the beginning of the game)

maybe... i dunno, some legendary encounters? or maybe those event pkmn? dunno... its already pretty darn good :P

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
If I may, I would suggest making the normal grass less bright, normal grass is hardly that bright.

I know what you mean, but I personally prefer the more vibrant (and admittedly less realistic) grass colouration. I don't mind changing it if it bothers people though.

What I mean is to have berries (the ones that can only be used for pokeblocks) to subtract EVs from your pokemon (makes getting those good stats easier, esp for those which you have trained since the beginning of the game)

maybe... i dunno, some legendary encounters? or maybe those event pkmn? dunno... its already pretty darn good :P

Yeah, I know the ones you mean. No idea how I'd go about doing that, but I'll take a look into icychill66's work and see if I can find out how to do it.

The Mew event is already... sort of added (even in the version you have) but it's not implemented properly yet so it doesn't really make sense :P I can try and complete that, and then see if I can add another legendary event. I've got ideas of how I want to implement some of them :)

Thanks both of you :)

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
ohh yea... i forgot to mention the running inside buildings? that would be pretty sweet
If you're using VisualBoyAdvance, did you know you can hold the space bar to rapidly increase the speed of the game (including battles)? It sort of makes running obsolete. I can look into it anyway :)

Years
If you're using VisualBoyAdvance, did you know you can hold the space bar to rapidly increase the speed of the game (including battles)? It sort of makes running obsolete. I can look into it anyway :)

Well... I like FLYING through buildings (and yes, i do speed up the game all the time, unless im somewhere that requires careful moving) but still, its fun to run inside buildings XP

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
The ingame trades have been edited, and more sprites have been added. I've also added more details behind the Mew event, but I still haven't finished yet.

I've also looked into the berry thing, and I'm not sure you actually even get the berry. It's just at a counter where you pay $200 for 10EVs to be taken away from a Pokemon in a certain stat. Not that I'm sure how you'd do that :P

I'm still considering whether to add more rivals to the game (Brendan and May from RSE could be used, for example). Gary would still be the main rival of course :)
Would people like to see this?

Years
The ingame trades have been edited, and more sprites have been added. I've also added more details behind the Mew event, but I still haven't finished yet.

I've also looked into the berry thing, and I'm not sure you actually even get the berry. It's just at a counter where you pay $200 for 10EVs to be taken away from a Pokemon in a certain stat. Not that I'm sure how you'd do that :P

I'm still considering whether to add more rivals to the game (Brendan and May from RSE could be used, for example). Gary would still be the main rival of course :)
Would people like to see this?

yay more rivals! but maybe your own creations? like Cleo... but still Brendan and May would be be coooooolll... (speaking of Cleo, why is her text messed up in Silph Co?) maybe try the Pokemon Manga Characters (like Red and Green scary, scary trainers... check them out in the manga section of serebii.net)
and if you can't program the EV subtraction, its fine. and is it possible to get more that one masterball or do we have to use a lot of savestates or ultraballs?

and do we evolve those lvl 33 feebas by leveling?

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
yay more rivals! but maybe your own creations? like Cleo... but still Brendan and May would be be coooooolll... (speaking of Cleo, why is her text messed up in Silph Co?) maybe try the Pokemon Manga Characters (like Red and Green scary, scary trainers... check them out in the manga section of serebii.net)
and if you can't program the EV subtraction, its fine. and is it possible to get more that one masterball or do we have to use a lot of savestates or ultraballs?

and do we evolve those lvl 33 feebas by leveling?
The weird symbols when she speaks? Yeah, that's a coding issue :P I noticed it a couple of days ago (it actually happens back in Mt.Moon too), but they should be quite easy to fix. And that's a really interesting idea actually. I've never read the manga but I know its a lot darker (An Arbok being cut in half by a Charmeleon's Slash springs to mind...), so that could be cool :)

Yeah, there's two masterballs in the game at the moment - one you get from Giovanni as per the usual game, and one attached to a random trainer's Pokemon. I.e., you can thief it :P (It was a mistake that I decided to leave in :P ). I might implement some way of purchasing or trading for one at a later date.

Feebas evolve by happiness.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
Are you thinking about adding fourth and fifth gen pokemon and some legendarys cause that would be cool

and with the new rivals and tiles and events and such are you gonna put this hack in progresing hacks catogory?

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
Are you thinking about adding fourth and fifth gen pokemon and some legendarys cause that would be cool

and with the new rivals and tiles and events and such are you gonna put this hack in progresing hacks catogory?
I hadn't planned to add any 4th/5th gen pokemon. It's a nice idea, but the main problem is that there's a limit to how many you can add. I'll keep it in mind though; if people would like to see this (and also if there's a certain 4th/5th gen pokemon they really want to see in the game), then I can give it more thought :)

And adding legends is on my current 'to do' list. I'll hopefully get all of them in there in some way, but it's annoying that RSE had so many! I have to find some way of getting about 11 legends into the game somewhere :P

The tiles will probably be on one of the last versions I release because once I start editing tiles, it will mean recreating every map. It's going to be a very long process. I'd rather get the main game out of the way for people to play before I edit the tiles. At the moment, I'm not sure there's enough that's different about this game to warrant it being in Progressing Hacks, but once there is, I'll move it there (it might be more active when it's there, Sideshow Showcase is a pretty dead forum :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back