• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] What are you working on?

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Still working on world building for me. With most of the maps in place, I am filling them with events up until the demo spot. Hopefully, the scripts will begin implementation soon as I figure out how exactly I want them to work in detail.

th3shark

Develops in AS3/C++
Years
Just finished making the pokedex. UI elements have always been one of my least favorite parts of game design, and they're definitely not my area of expertise, but I think this turned out okay.

To me, the role of the pokedex in pokemon games has been surprising lacking. There's little reason to look up a pokemon's entry except for curiosity's sake. So I added some extra info, such as base stats, that players can easily look up. Maybe I could try incorporating some puzzles in the game that forces the player to look at the pokedex, such as finding a pokemon whose mass is in a certain range.

Spoiler:

The only thing missing is the search feature... and I really don't feel like adding it. -_- Uhhh I'm sure I'll do it eventually.

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
Years
brainstorming! I have what I think is a pretty snazzy idea, but I'm not sure if it's actually feasible yet...

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 30, 2016
Making random pokemon in essentials out of images from google. Im lazeeeeeee. I need to fix an evolved poke's stats so that will be my next task.

jacktheking

Hatched Egg
Years
I'm now working on a PHP Pokemon Browser-base game. I have just fixed a bug in my battle script. I'm now thinking of how to integrate my game with MyBB registration..

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
The same thing I waste valuable sleep time for spend my free time on every night Pinky, doodling with spreadsheets and veekun.com for movesets and BSTs.

Spoiler:

MKGirlism

3DS and Wii U Game Developer
Years
Making Models isn't really easy for me, but the fact is, it's very time consuming.
Especially when adding UV Mapping, Textures, Animations, Joints, and whatnot.
I've made a few things in Maya before too, although those were simple stuff, it was still time consuming like hell.

MKGirlism

3DS and Wii U Game Developer
Years
There's only one Game Engine available for the Nintendo 3DS, and it's all but easy to use.
That said, I'm forced to learn how to make a game completely from 0, using the Libraries Nintendo provides (and of which its functionality are a complete mystery to all C++ users).
Spoiler:

But actually, it's going quite nicely.
As soon as I've got a simple Framework set up, it almost feels like I'm using Unity3D and C#, instead of plain C++ in Visual Studio.

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
Years
In a blinding rush of inspiration, I'm cranking out all the work I had building up for Faith & Prayer Version. I've managed to get done quite a lot in the past week, and at the rate I'm going could be done with the rough draft for Demo 3 in another week or so.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Been finishing off the last few bits i needed to do on Lightning Yellow. Still need to test though before release. Been working on adding a few features of X/Y and thinking about adding fairy type.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
I've just done what I think are the last little touches to the next version of Essentials... except for adding in the next batch of animations from the All Animations Project. That's about 150 of them. Joy.

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
Who doesn't like to see spreadsheets? I'm at least at the part where I can see results ingame. After I fix the 1001 typos.
Spoiler:

I need a mapping break. And yes, Im using two spreadsheet programs.

th3shark

Develops in AS3/C++
Years
Working on a custom scripting language for my game, for use in cutscenes and whatnot. Despite having no scripting experience whatsoever, I think it's turning out well.

Spoiler:

TODO: implement a way to read instructions from a plain text file instead of directly from code. That way it will be easier for contributors to add scripts, and I can make use of Notepad++'s spellchecker.

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
Coding part 3 (out of 5) of a new system I'm implementing and bug fixing the previous parts. While thinking about how to give items additional stats (up to 5), and how to visualize all of it for the player.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 12
  • Seen May 11, 2015
I'm working on implementing Gen 6 Pokèmon into Essentials. I've collected sprites from Smogon, and am working on putting them in-game.

I'm on Chesnaught. This is taking a while. I'll release it when I'm done, if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
Debating on whether to put Gringey City or Dark Town off of Route Six. I think I'd rather leave Gringey City till Fuchsia City so I can use Koga in that event chain.

Working on better incorporating Mom's farm level with the outdoor vendors.

Finished the event chain that nets you a second rival if you do well.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years

Venom12 and I are working on revamping the battle system in Pillars of Destiny, as well as the menu system. While work is somewhat on hold until PEv13 is out, things are still progressing on some fronts.

Currently trying to work out a more XY feel to the battle system... and as you can see, Zygarde is just shaking with excitement.

WVcDUJBy.gif

Back