• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Λtlantis Λwakening [IC] [M]

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years

Austin Tseng - New York Atlantean Relief Centre - America

When the woman spoke again, Austin noticed a slight British accent. Well, not even that slight, it was very prominent. No, she wasn't reaching Monty Python levels of British, but it was more of a modern, Daniel Craig James Bond sort of accent. It was kinda hot actually; Austin can dig it.

"I'm Antonia Costa; I can speak Italian naturally if that's what you're asking," she replied. Ah, she speaks Italian too? Perhaps she is Italian, her name sure fits it. Damn, she's racking up those hotness points quickly. British accent? Plus one. Italian sounding name? Plus one. Speaks Italian? Plus seven. And it's not like she really needs it, either. She's already at least a 9, even without those bonus points. AND she's Atlantean. Her ability could be something really sexy like super flexibility. Who knows?

"How about this, I'll tell you about mine if you tell me about yours?" she said with a slight smile. Austin chuckled. Was she flirting with him? How old was she anyway? 18, 19, 20, maybe 21? A hot, British/Italian, 20ish year old chick was starting to flirt with Austin. Did she know he was still in high school? Not like it mattered to him, but he'd have to bring it up if she was really digging him, in case she thought he was older.

Don't screw this up Austin. This is a CHOICE babe bro. Do NOT screw this up.

Smiling a bit to himself, Austin said, "Oh, so that's how it's going to be?" He glanced at the guard nearby before he continued, "My ability is totally kickass. Check it out, I control light!" he held his hand out, with a ball of bright white light in the palm. He clasped his hands together after a second. The guard shot him a weary look, before returning to watching the hallway. Austin shrugged it off and looked at Antonia's face. She kinda looked like Hermione… but damn, did she make it work.

"Your turn," he said playfully.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years

Antonia Costa - New York Atlantean Relief Centre - America

Antonia smiled at the kid; he was cute, but a little too young for her liking, and not exactly her type, but she did appreciate the amount of flirting he was doing with her. It was always nice to have people back up how attractive she was. She watched in awe as Austin confirmed not only his ability, but also his identity to her. Now, they had to get out of this place.

"Watch and see, kid," Antonia smiled at him as the guards shifted their pose, slowly moving in to restrain the both of them. She hadn't realised until now that the two of them had been purposefully left alone as everyone else around them had been filtered out.

The guards shifted again, slowly inching forward towards the two of them, hoping to catch both Austin and herself off guard. Pushing herself up off the chair she was in, she launched herself at the closest guard, cartwheeling before kicking the man in the chest, only to land on the ground and sweep the guards legs from under him while he was off balance. She stood up, dusting off her clothes before landing a crippling punch that would render than man unconscious.

In her brief victory, she forgot about the guard behind her, only realising his presence as his arms wrapped around her chest, restraining her from moving and slowly pushing all air out of her lungs.

"Austin, help!" she cried, "they're trying to kidnap--" the guard muffled Antonia's mouth so she could no longer speak, making it even more harder for her to breathe.

"Don' you dare move, kid," the Guard threatened Austin, "this girl is a threat to us all." He gripped tighter, pushing even more oxygen out of Antonia's lungs as she struggled fervently.​

Last edited:

Lokiepie

ooh...Cake!
Years
Charlotte (Charlie) Hunter - London Atlantean Relief Centre, England

Charlie pouted slightly as the doctors continued to busy themselves around her. Checking her arms, neck and of course her side, while over hearing on more than one occasion, the marvelling whispers of wonderment at her lack of injury as their gaze swept over her pale, clear skin. The crimson stain of blood, which had once marred her pale belly, wiped off long before this final inspection. Rolling the remnants of the barely sugar over her tongue, Charlie let out a heavy sigh and turned her head away from the newest doctor now probing her side, choosing instead to focuse on Justin. During commotion she had never bothered to think about whom she was helping, only that he needed help. So when she had overheard her company stating his identity, Charlie felt her heart sink in embarrassment.

"Justin Oliver Evans, 28, Atlantean Royal Family,"

Out of all the people she could have been placed with, she had been put with a member of the Royal family. If anyone else would have been in the same position they would perhaps have felt pride or even honour. Yet all Charlie could muster was sheer mortification as she replayed the scenes back in her head. Almost cringing at her rudeness and borderline sarcasm.

Yet as she thought about this, a small flicker delight sputtered into being within her chest, spreading warmth across her body like a spring breeze. She had helped save a life today, even if it was only one life. She had helped and that was worth everything, even the embarrassment.

Here, Charlie's lips tweaked into the faintest of smiles as she let her mind explore this thought, forgetting about the cold fingers which traced her skin, mapping it for injuries. It was only when she became aware of the fact that Justin had turned to her, that Charlie then tugged herself back into awareness. Letting her cool green gaze settle on her company once more, while another just as keen group of medics gathered around the young man, peering at his wound in equal amazement at Justin's skills which Charlie couldn't help but share.

She hadn't thought Justin would be able to take the wound so easily, let a lone improve the condition of it. But as the gentle gasps of hushed surprise breezed through the medics at the sight of Justin's wound returning to flesh once more; the wood sheen which had once covered crimson gape, seemly melting away, Charlie returned her focus to her present company's kind features. She couldn't bare the sight of the medic whom had now began to stitch back the folds of skin like cloth, the very thought of the needle piercing the flesh making her skin crawl.

"Plan?" Charlie repeated confusedly, trying in vain to ignore the shudders which shivered up her spine at the stitching. Here she could not help but arch an eye brow quizzically as she sucked in her bottom lip and began to chew thoughtfully. It was a few moments before she then shrug helplessly and flicked her eyes out over the crowd.
"I hadn't planned anything." She finally offered, "I guess I just expected to go back up North and resume normality."
Yet as Charlie said this, the reality of her words slipped in. She sounded so naïve.

How could she go back? By now the others on her course would look at her as some kind of freak, the word on what she was not staying quiet for long, especially not after this and so with that she would lose her friends and probably leave her course. Which meant that all that was left was her family and even then not all was well. She had heard her parent's harsh whispered conversations in the evening as she moped in her room. Her father wanted to move, scared by the reaction which had met his daughter in the coffee shop two weeks before.

"Were we meant to plan?" She finally asked, her voice small and reluctant as the doctors drew away long enough for her to tug her top down and wrap her arms around herself. After this however, Charlie then shook her head as if to clear away some invisible cobwebs. Dwindling on her lack of future right now was not helping the knots of anxiety which twisted round her heart painfully and so as a self defence mechanism, she did what any girl would do and changed the subject abruptly.
"So you're a member of the Royal Family? Forgive me, it's just I didn't expect I would be meeting anybody of such a high status, sat behind a desk doing paper work."

Last edited:

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years

Austin Tseng - New York Atlantean Relief Center - America

Antonia smiled at Austin

"Watch and see, kid," she said. For a short moment, Austin felt like time was slowing down. One second, everything was dandy and fine, you know just chatting it up with some British Italian chick. But the next second, Antonia was flying out of her chair, cartwheeling past the guard, and kicking him in the chest. Then she was on the ground, swiping the guard off his feet.

Holy sh*t. Was the only thing Austin could think. Antonia picked herself up and dusted her clothes off, only to knock the light out of the guard as he tried to recuperate. Austin watched as another guard came up behind her and grabbed her, with an iron grip it seemed.

"Austin, help!" Antonia cried, "they're trying to kidnap--" the guard muffled her mouth so she could no longer speak.

"Don' you dare move, kid," the Guard threatened Austin, "this girl is a threat to us all." He gripped tighter, pushing even more oxygen out of Antonia's lungs as she struggled fervently.

Austin's mind buzzed, trying to make sense of this. Why did Antonia suddenly fly off the handle? And why did it sound like the guard knew who she was? As Antonia's struggle started to lessen, Austin decided to act. He didn't care who this girl is, he's not about to let any hot-British-Chick-that-Speaks-Italian-and-kicks-ass get kidnapped by some bozo in a uniform. Austin jumped up and circle the guard quickly, finding his ideal target.

Kidney punch! He couldn't help but think, remembering how he and his friends did this to each other at the lunch table many years ago. He struck the guard one, two, three times in the kidney. The guard released Antonia, who gasped for air and more or less collapsed to her hands and knees. The guard yelled in pain as a fourth punch found its goal, but before a fifth could be launched, the guard turned into an elbow to Austin's chest.

"Oof!" said Austin as the wind was knocked out of him. Remembering back to his days of karate, he instinctively raised his arms into a defensive position, absorbing another would-be blow to his chest. In retalliation, Austin struck the guard's nose with the hard part of his wrist, causing blood to start to pouring out.

"You little bit-" the guard never got to finish his sentence. Austin sidestepped to the guards left and struck his jaw where it meets the skull, dislocating and possible breaking it. With a crunch, the guard fell to the floor. Austin stood over the guard with his hands balled into fists for several seconds, only to look up when he heard a woman scream. This was a mess. Austin walked over to Antonia, who had probably caught her breath by now.

"Are you okay?" he asked. After a second, he added, "And what was all of that about?!"​

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023

Misha Vedernikov - Bar Bistro Bez Kantów, Warsaw, Poland

October 31st, 2012
"Da, I have. Tree or four years, I sink. By accident I got zem, but AUP found me, like ve found you," Misha gave a nod and bow of thanks as Delta ordered the food and applauded his drinking of water. "And ve are much different to Royal family. Ve are unsure of their goal but all we can sink is zat zey are bringing togeser large amount of us at one time. So are ve, I suppose," he chuckled, "but not as many and not sas publically. Some of us have guessed world domination or building army or other sings but ve cannot be sure. Sey have never been innocent in past."

"AUP is Atlantean Unification Project," He added, making sure there was no confusion there.

"Take me to your leader," she answered to his last question. He beamed at her as if she had told him that he had just won the lottery.

"Da! Great! Sen, ve shall eat and sen ve shall go," he clapped his large hands together as their food arrived. Misha was very happy with his servings and ate his share with great force, hardly chewing his food before swallowing. After the two had made idle chat (idle as in Misha spent a great deal asking questions like 'vhat's your favourite colour?' through a mouth that was clearly quite full of hamburger) and finished their meals, Misha paid the bill and led Delta back to his car. He was much less forceful this time, politely opening the door for her to get in and wiping the glass off her seat from their previous endeavours.

"So," he started, climbing into the driver's seat. Despite the car being enormous in size, it was a wonder that Misha could fit into it bowing his head, "ve're going to France. Did you need anything before ve go?"​

Frederick Salusbury - Atlantean Relief Centre, Stockholm, Sweden

October 31st, 2012
Frederick's eyes widended as the Santa girl in front of him fell to the floor and... morphed... into a boy. He froze on the spot, holding his breath as he tried to comprehend what had just happened. Of course, you'd think he'd be used to weird stuff, especially in his condition, but his thoughts were currently melded between 'what do I do' and 'I am so lucky I'm not this guy/girl'. Everyone else seemed to be in a similar position apart from the wimpering boy, the silence aside from the odd squeak was more awkward than the wreck on the floor.

Ms. Lukyanenko wasn't quiet for long, taking charge as a member of the Royal Family should.

"Are you alright? What's your name?" she asked the boy before turning to Agnes, as she had introduced herself. "Agnes, please take this man to the bathroom, we'll deal with details later."

She complied, leading the stumbling Frederick down a corridor. This... this was great! They were alone and Freddie had his chance! Hopefully there was an alternate exit than the one they had just came through. After a little, Agnes remembered he couldn't walk very well and came back to give him a hand.

"Thank you," he said rather gratefully. Gosh darn, he was sick of these feet.

"Did you come to register too, by the way?"

"Um, not quite," he turned back, making sure they were away from any wandering ears. It wasn't a great idea to try and say what he was about to say in a Royal Family building but he didn't have much of a choice at the moment. "You said you were Agnes Johansson? I haven't been honest with you or Ms. Lukyanenko or... um, that guy." His Swedish was growing more and more horrible. He sighed, rubbing his face with one of his hands and turned back to Agnes. "Do you speak English?"

"Freddie, really?" Frederick jumped and spun around like a rabbit caught in headlights, only to be met with a familiar face. A familiar face with ginger dreadlocks, golden eyes, slightly unkept facial hair, a squarish face, a muscular frame and a sly grin on his face. He was a little younger than Freddie, four or five years, but a lot taller than him. And probably braver looking. And he spoke English and Swedish too. Thank the gods.

"Atticus!"

"Yeah it's me. Don't be so loud, okay?" he shook the hand Freddie extended to him, leaning over slightly to look at his levitating companion. He turned back to Freddie with a raised eyebrow. "Is this Agnes? Are you Agnes?"​

Last edited:

MinnesotanGamer

Insert Something Interesting
Years
Minerva Sirmais - Riga, Latvia: Atlantean Center

"What happens next is entirely up to you," River responded, a bit cryptically at first. "You can exit through that door with your registration card, and try to return to the life you have left, otherwise you can take up my offer to join me and a whole lot of other Atlanteans and learn to control your ability. I am with the Atlantean Royal Family, we train and prepare younger Atlanteans to better control their abilities and to aid us in the coming future. We're based in Britain, but we have people from all corners of the world studying and learning with us. Minerva, you could become a valuable member of our rather extended family, and I would love to have you become a part of us."

Atlantean Royal Family? She had heard about that. It sounded more like a cult from what the news said, but River made it sound much more appealing, like a big extended family. Then again, she had never been good with families. It still did sound appealing, and learning to control her ability would be a big plus. Minerva had no idea what she would use if for at all, but it would be nice to actually control it for once. But to leave everything else behind? She wasn't sure she could do that. She had friends, and a degree to get, and things she had to do. Just dropping everything and going on a crazy adventure, it just seemed a bit much.

River paused for a bit, taking a bite out of her apple, "So, would you like to join us?"

Minerva thought for a few more seconds before answering. "I don't know River, its just that I have so much going on here, I really don't know if I could leave. I don't mean to be disrespectful or anything, but you are really asking a lot right now. TO just pick up everything and leave? I don't think that I can do that. In a year or two, maybe, but now?" She took a deep breath and slowed down. "As much as I would love to be able to control my ability, its really just not practical to just leave everything behind. I have priorities, and I have sacrificed a lot to get where I am. I'm thankful for all of this, but its just not right for me I guess."

River seemed a bit disappointed, but there was understanding in her face too. "I see what you mean, and I understand completely. Perhaps some time in the future you can join us. In case you decide to change your mind, here is my business card", she pulled a small card out of her pocket and handed it to Minerva. "Just call that number, whenever you want." After a few more formalities, and receiving her "official" Atlantean I.D. card, Minerva was standing out on the street in front of the Atlantean Center. She was surprised by how much time had passed, it was almost eleven o'clock already, and there was a chill in the air with the absence of the sun to warm the city. Street lamps illuminated the sidewalk, casting light in some places and shadows in others. As she began the walk to her apartment, she continued to think of her decision. As she walked farther away, she began to doubt herself, but she steeled her resolve. She would figure this thing out on her own, nothing to worry about.

A hand grabbed her from behind, covering her mouth and dragging her into a dark alleyway. She tried to scream, he voice muffled by the man's gloved hand, but the man poke something cold and circular into the back of her head, and she stopped, now completely silent. The man spoke, his voice gruff and demanding. "Hey there pretty girl, listen up now. You scream, this little pea shooter of mine is gonna poke a hole, right through your head. Completely silenced too, so no one will hear a sound!" Minerva whimpered softly. If only I could use my ability, maybe that would be of some use here... she thought. The man spoke again, "Now then, both hands where I can see them...good. Now, one hand, drop your purse and hand over your phone."

Another man coughed in the back of the alley. "Ah come one Jamie, lets have a little fun. She looks might fine." The figure stepped out of the shadows, light playing across his eager face.

A woman called out now, following the other man. "Could be some fun. Whadayya say boss."

Minerva was filled with dread, imagining what the three companions would do. Jamie, obviously the leader of the gang, had allowed Minerva to turn, and stood looking at her. "Alright, why not. Nothing wrong with a little fun I suppose. Come along miss", he gestured with his gun. Timidly walking forward, deeper into the alley, looking back hopeful that someone would see her situation, but there was nobody. Nobody to help her. She tripped over an errant pipe lying on the ground, and the gang member behind her grunted with impatience. "Come on, lets go." As she started to stand, her vision slowly retreated, darkness creeping into the edges of her sight.

"No, no, not now, please not now..." Minerva muttered under her breath, realizing that she was about to black out, again. Placing a hand on her forehead, she groaned. Jamie behind her kicked her from behind. "Come on, stop faking. Look, just come on, and we wont hurt you." Her vision continued to fade to black. Just before her vision fully retreated, she grabbed a metal pipe running along the side of one of the brick walls. She thought she must have been dreaming at that point, but she thought she saw the the pipe start to melt.

Later

A pounding headache racked her head as Minerva came to. She stared, uncomprehending at the pure white curving walls in front of her. They looked so beautiful and perfect, but she couldn't understand what she was looking at, or why she was there at all. She laid there for a few minutes, waiting for her mind and body to stop aching. Then, shuddering, she slowly sat up, staring strangely at her shower curtains. How did she end up here? Shakily, she placed one hand on the edge of her low wall of her shower, and was surprised to find it was covered in a dark red liquid, mostly dried now. Staring uncomprehendingly, it took her a minute to realize that it was blood. And it not only covered on hand, but both, and there was a fair amount on her clothes as well.

She quickly searched her body for wounds, not finding any. Then her hand brushed against her upper left arm, where, under further analyzing, contained a neat circular hole that punched through one side of her arm and out the other. A bullet wound? How on earth did I get that? She though back to the last things she remembered, then recalled the events in the alley, and her blackout. What happened while she was out?

She tumbled out of the shower onto her bathroom floor, and pulled herself up to the sink where she scrubbed her arms to rid herself of the red stain that covered most of her arms. Eventually, she discarded her clothes and showered, finally ridding herself of the stuff. Coming to her senses now, she hobbled into the kitchen, putting a pot of coffee on. While she waited, she slowly walked over to the cabinet, holding her left arm against her chest, and pulled out her first aid kit. She had never been great at anything medically related, but the bullet wound seemed simple enough. She dabbed the wound with some disinfectant, then wrapped a bandage around her arm a few times, hoping that would suffice. Pouring herself a now steaming cup of coffee, she wondered what had happened. It was early morning now, light peeking through her shades.

Having nothing else to do, Minerva turned on the news, if mostly for background noise if nothing else. She slowly sipped her coffee, constantly thinking of what could have happened. Finally she turned her attention fully to the news. After a few minutes, the newscaster came on with what she said was an "urgent report". "Two men and a woman were murdered last night in an alley on Gaizina Iela (Gaizina St.), and were found early this morning by joggers. The three victims are described as having 'Lacerations across their bodies' and one of them is reported to have been skewered on a metal spike, suspended a foot off the ground. Authorities still do not know who the murderer is, but are convinced that the perpetrator will be found and judged. If you have any information regarding this case, please contact the police immediately."

Minerva froze as she saw the pictures of the three people that were displayed on the television. It was the three people from the alley last night, all dead. Immediately, she came to the realization that she had killed them. It was logical, of course. She had been there, then they died. She woke up in the bathtub covered in blood, and had a bullet wound. There was no way it wasn't her. She never really knew exactly what happened in her blackouts, but if she had done that... Minerva nearly hurled as she realized that she had killed those three people. She had, no one else. She did it. Killed, dead deceased. She was a murdered.

Immediately, she though back to what she had done. Yes, there probably was some sort of evidence she had left behind, fingerprints, her own blood, something, to tie the crime back to her. She frantically thought of ways out of it. She could come clean about it, but even that would probably mean prison. She could play ignorant, but she had a bullet wound, which was pretty convincing. She could try to leave the country, but they might be expecting that. Searching for options, her mind remembered River. Maybe she could help her out. Would she help a murderer? Well, she didn't have to know. Minerva just wouldn't tell her. Yeah, that would be fine. Just leave, and live a new life. That would work.

She dug around in her purse, searching for the business card, pulling it out almost triumphantly. Quickly turning the news off, she steadied her nerves, tried to calm her voice, and dialed the number. River picked up on the second ring, and Minerva immediately said, "Hey River, its Minerva. Um, I changed my mind, I'd like to go with you."​

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years

Antonia Costa - New York Atlantean Relief Centre, America

"Okay Austin, I work for the Atlantean Royal Family. This relief centre is not one of ours; rather one set up by an independent company pretending to be us. Hence why there were so few Atlanteans here. We need to get out of here before I can explain more." She looked the kid in the eyes, trying to convince him she was telling the truth, but even to her it seemed absurd.

Nonetheless, she grabbed him by the hand and began running, retracing the steps she had take to get into the faux-centre in the first place. She would occasionally let go of his hand to deal with the meagre, human guards the private firm had obviously hired to protect the place, but something worried her in the back of her mind. As they continued to run, she nudged at the thing that was worrying her, taking a gasp as she realised just what was happening.

The two of them burst through the side door, out into the dingy alleyway and into a trap. It had puzzled her that there had only been a few guards within the building; and now she knew why. From the folds of guards a single man appeared, clapping slowly in congratulations.

"Well done, I commend both of you for escaping, but you see, you played right into our hands all along!"

"Jerry!" Antonia growled, biting back the resentment as tears began forming in her eyes. He had helped her gain access to the building, shown her which path to take and where then guards would be and when. She couldn't help but feel the sting, if he had been deceiving her the whole time, then had their relationship been a lie as well?

"I would love to stay and chat, but see, I have business to attend to, so I'll leave you both in the capable hands of my minions." Waving his hands, the guards' glazed over looks soon sharpened as their eyes narrowed in on the two of them. They were outnumbered well over ten to one; a fight that was almost impossible. Except the two of them had their own impossibilities to factor in the mix of things.

"Sorry Austin, looks like we're going to have to fight this one out. If we make this out alive, I'll give you a kiss." She winked at the kid, hoping the enthusiasm was enough to spur him on.

A few minutes later

The fight was going badly; Antonia was getting towards the end of her energy levels and couldn't keep up fighting for much longer while Austin seemed rather overwhelmed. Still, the two of them struggled through as one after another the guards seemed to recover and come straight back at them. She couldn't help but let the thoughts of being captured encroach upon her mind, causing more errors in her fighting than before. A kick here, a punch there, all to be knocked by a stray elbow; this fight was turning more into a beat down than an actual fight.

Just as she was about to give up, a familiar tingly sensation ran around her entire body making her hair stand on end. She felt her feet lift off the ground as she continued to float higher above the guards' reach. Looking over her shoulder, she could see a rather worn and beaten Austin reacting to the situation; one even the exhaustion couldn't stop her laughing at.

"Austin, welcome to the Atlantean Royal Family," she huffed as the two of them floated over the side of the building, the roof only just below them now.

"Where miracles come from," Another female spoke from the roof top, this one heavily inflected in Danish. She landed the two of them back onto the ground as the Helicopter roared into life, sending her blonde streaks flying.

"Austin, meet Marilyn; she just saved both our hides!" Antonia introduced her before leading Austin over to the Helicopter. "We can drop you off near your house, if you like, but we have a proposal for you." Once they were safely in the helicopter, Antonia helped Austin buckled himself in while Marilyn jumped into the cockpit with the pilot. She gestured to the both of them to put the headset in as the pilot took off, and once Austin had the headset on, Antonia popped the question.

"I came here to recruit you, Austin, the Atlantean Royal Family are a group of Atlanteans who intend to help Atlanteans coming to grips with and learning to control their abilities. We'll be heading to the airport; there you will be given the choice to join the Royal Family, or try to return to your 'normal' life." She wanted to give the kid a chance to make the decision for himself, and not sway his choice at all, despite River telling her that they needed him.

"So the question is: Do you want to join us, or not?"​

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023

Oakley North - Atlantean Relief Centre, London, England

October 31st, 2012
The Librarian laughed at Nathaniel's response, nodding as he spoke, "yes, you're quite right. I was only asking for politeness' sake."

"Don't call me that," Adeline spoke up, narrowing her eyes at Nathaniel. "Please call me Otto."

"You and your nicknames. I swear, Adeline, if I would let you, you would put on a costume and call yourself a super her--"

"Sir."

"Right," he sighed, turning back to his three new friends, "what do I want with you? Well, I'm not sure that's the right question at hand here. As I said, I offer sanctuary to lost Atlanteans. A chance to get away, begin your life anew. Perhaps you just need somewhere to stay to be away from this," he gestured to the burning building, metaphorically gesturing the shamble that their lives seemed to have become. "I don't care who you are and what you've done. I'm giving you a chance to change what was happened. I will provide a home and help with your abilities. Of course, my service isn't a free one."

Oakley stared for a moment, trying to properly understand what he was saying. He was... giving her another chance? To do this thing right? It sounded like a... good oppourtunity; someone who could teach her what she could do and how she could stop doing it. She had come to terms that she was different over the three weeks but she didn't like how any kind of scare could set her off into a burning, screaming mess of pain. But what was this price he was speaking of?

"Usually, I ask for you heritage," her question was quickly answered, "but because I have all of yours," his eyes brushed past all of them, resting on Oakley a touch longer than the other two, "I'll only ask of your assistance when the time comes. But before then, you are free people and can use my services to the best of your ability.

"What do you say?" he opened the car door, gesturing to the car like it was a gateway to freedom. Which it technically was.

"If it can help me with this," Oakley looked down at her clean arm, sighing at its inevitability, "I'll come with you." She stepped into the car, pulling herself along to the furtherest along seat. She couldn't believe she was getting into a car with a complete stranger but at the moment, everyone seemed like strangers. Even her father.

"Thank you Oakley," the Librarian smiled warmly at her. It was comforting. "And you, boys?"​

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years

Austin Tseng - New York Atlantean Relief Center - America

"Okay Austin," Antonia managed to say as she rose off her hands and knees, "I work for the Atlantean Royal Family. This relief centre is not one of ours, rather one set up by an independent company pretending to be us. Hence why there were so few Atlanteans here."

Oh yeah. I guess it would be pretty stupid if there were only two Atlanteans in New York City.

Austin was about to make a comment but Antonia cut him off with, "We need to get out of here before I can explain more." Austin nodded, and replied with a quick, "Okay." Her story was pretty wild and sudden, but then again that seemed to be her specialty. She grabbed Austin by the arm and led him through a series of corridors, apparently to some sort of back or side exit. Occasionally she would let go of his hand to make short work of a guard or two, often before Austin could even react. Was her power super speed? Or was she just some sort of kung-fu master? Austin focused on keeping up, regulating his breathing to keep from tiring out in case they had to run faster in the future. Soon he saw the exit, and Antonia and he burst through the doors, out into a narrow alleyway. Antonia gasped as Austin let out a sigh.

"Ah, Christ," he murmured. There had to be at least twenty-five, maybe thirty guards waiting for them. Slowly, a man emerged from their midst, clapping sarcastically.

Who's this asshat? They guy seemed like one of those corny super villains, like Loki in the Avengers movie or Lex Luthor in the old Super-Man…

"Well done, I commend both of you for escaping, but you see, you played right into our hands all along!"

Oh yeah. Definitely Lex Luthor.

"Jerry!" Antonia growled. So she knew this guy, huh? And by the tone of her voice, she sounded…betrayed? No, it sounded deeper than that. More like utterly demoralized.

"I would love to stay and chat, but see, I have business to attend to, so I'll leave you both in the capable hands of my minions." Jerry waved his hands, calling the guards to attention. They snapped into focus training their gaze on the two Atlanteans in front of them. It looked like what was far from a fair fight was in Austin's future. He sighed again.

Damn it, and I thought I was going to be home before Dad got back…

Antonia tried to…cheer him up maybe? Encourage him? "Sorry Austin, looks like we're going to have to fight this one out. If we make this out alive, I'll give you a kiss." She gave him a wink, which at least made him feel less dreadful about the situation.

"I'll hold you to that," he said, smirking as he turned away from her. At that, the guards charged onto them, breaking off into more or less equal halves. Antonia didn't hesitate to jump into the fray. Austin braced himself for the upcoming onslaught. The fastest guard reached him a bit earlier than the rest, and he took the opportunity to take him out. Sidestepping from the guard's haymaker, Austin grabbed the back of the guard's head and slammed it into the brick wall. Ouch. He turned away from the now unconscious guard, preparing to take on the mass upon him. But something grabbed his foot and pulled him down. Luckily, he managed to roll out of the way before he got stampeded by the charging horde.

What the hell?

The guard that he had just slammed into the wall was getting up, miraculously. His pals gave him a hand, and they all turned to face Austin.

"Hoh boy."

A few minutes later

Austin was in the heat of the moment, ducking and dodging, countering and punching. He felt like Jackie Chan in the new Karate Kid movie, only Jackie Chan wasn't getting his ass handed to him in that scene. Still, Austin thought he was holding up well considering the circumstances. But he was tiring fast, barely able to move quick enough to stay in the fight. Pretty soon, he started to falter, letting his foes surround him, not keeping the tempo, and losing ground control. He resorted to using a flash of light to get out a mess, momentarily blinding a guard or two. He glanced at Antonia, in a similar position herself, when he noticed an electrifying sensation in his body. Kinda like getting shocked, or licking a battery. Antonia looked over at him. Their eyes met, and Austin couldn't get the lost puppy look out of his face fast enough. Antonia started to giggle as her feet left the ground. Austin's bewilderment grew as he himself was lifted from the earth.

"Austin, welcome to the Atlantean Royal Family," Antonia huffed as they continued to rise.

"Where miracles come from," Another female spoke from a roof top. It had a strong Danish accent to contrast Antonia's sort of light, and bouncing British one. Antonia and Austin landed on the rooftop as a nearby helicopter whirled into action. Austin was still speechless.

"Austin, meet Marilyn; she just saved both our hides!" Antonia introduced. Austin looked at Marilyn, managing to get out a, "Hey," before Antonia pulled him towards the chopper. "We can drop you off near your house, if you like, but we have a proposal for you," yelled Antonia over the roar of the propellers.

As they entered the helicopter, Marilyn hopped into the cockpit with the pilot leaving Antonia and Austin in the back. Antonia helped him buckle himself in as Marilyn motioned towards a headset. Austin put it on, followed by Antonia. Her voice buzzed in over the connection.

"I came here to recruit you, Austin, the Atlantean Royal Family is a group of Atlanteans who intend to help Atlanteans coming to grips with and learning to control their abilities. We'll be heading to the airport; there you will be given the choice to join the Royal Family, or try to return to your 'normal' life," she paused for a moment, and then finished with, "So the question is: Do you want to join us, or not?"

Austin took his time before he answered. He weighed his options. The guy in the alley knew, Antonia, probably had even worked with her. Antonia knew Austin, so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to guess that Jerry knew who Austin was too. And after what just happened, Austin could guess that Jerry wanted to get his hands on Austin, or Antonia, or even both. So if he went home, he was at risk of being kidnapped – or worse – by Jerry. It also put his parents in danger too, a chance he didn't want to take.

Alternatively, he could follow this hot, 20 year oldsih British-Italian chick with super powers to go learn how to use his own superpowers better. In the end, it wasn't too hard for Austin to decide. He just had one problem.

"I think its swell that you guys want me to be in the family and all, but what about my already-family? Are they gonna be safe and sound at home while I'm away getting hella familiar with a bunch of strangers, or is that Jerry dude from the alley going to show up and hurt them? And I don't want to be that cool kid who has to call his mom before he goes to the movies, but should I at least let them know I'm going to superhero training camp?"​

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years

Katerina Lukyanenko - Stockholm Atlantean Relief Centre, Sweden

With the kid bawling on the ground after changing and the stranger asking for a toilet, today had become very strange in a matter of minutes. Still, she tried to make the best of the situation despite having little knowledge of how to deal with emotional teenagers. She was a soldier first and foremost; dealing with children had never been her forte much less a skill needed within the Russian armed forces. Crouching down, she patted the boy, Kim, on the shoulder, doing her best to reassure him that he was in a safe place and that she would take care of him. All the while, she hoped Agnes would be back soon after helping the man to the toilet; surely she would be able to help this kid get it together.

"Kim, I'll get you home soon, but could you calm down for me please?" Her Swedish was rusty, and probably slightly incorrect, however she tried to speak it to the best of her ability. She continued to rub the kids shoulder blade gently, waiting for him to calm down further.​

Justin Oliver Evans - London Atlantean Relief Centre, England

Justin smiled, a grin brightening up the boyish face of his, "I guess you could go home," he replied, perhaps it had been naive of him to think that she would want to do anything but. He smiled more, "I meant more of what you intended to do after registering. Yes, I am a member of the Royal Family, but that is merely a title, I'm just another Atlantean like you." He chuckled at her mention of his 'high status', he hadn't really wanted to be in charge, but things had seemed to work out like that; not that he saw himself in a higher place than others. "We're an organisation based on teamwork, and sometimes that means sitting behind a desk doing paperwork. At least I get to meet some pretty amazing people this way; like yourself for instance."

Justin paused, he didn't want to rush headlong into anything, he would rather the girl make her own choice when it came to this particular issue. "Charlie, I was wondering if you would like to join us, the Royal Family I mean; learn to control and master your ability at the academy we have. I appreciate if at this moment you would rather like to return home, but I can see you becoming a great member." He looked her in the eye, showing her that he was serious about this, "You don't have to make a decision this moment, but I would just like to extend this opportunity out to you." He gave her another one of his smiles; in a way she was almost like his younger sister before he lost her, which stung a bit, but gave him hope.

Lying back, he let the doctors finish the work on his side as the final bandage was wrapped around and secured; keeping the wound tight so it could heel. It was getting late already, and the doctors were insisting that most of the injured stay to be monitored and looked after throughout the night. He could see families huddled together, parents hovering over their children, siblings clutching at each other's hands. Justin's eyes began to water at the loss he had taken with his family, but he pushed past the emotion, bottling it deep down inside so he could stay strong for the people here. Like Charlie, these people looked up to him as a member of the Royal Family and he needed to act like one in front of them all. Beside him, he could hear Charlie with her family who had come in earlier.​

River Beleren - Riga Atlantean Relief Centre, Latvia

The incessant ringing struck River out of her nap as the cellphone rattled across her desk. It had been a miracle that she had been granted the hours worth of sleep; usually her ability would hone in on anyone's brain activity within her immediate vicinity, broadcasting their thoughts straight into her head, but today this had not been the case. Back home on in the Mansion, it was far enough away from any large populous that she could easily block out the thoughts from their students, but with all these wireless signals going off whenever they got within a couple meters of her; this made sleep a lot more difficult to achieve.

"Yes, Minerva?" She wearily answered the phone

"Hey River, its Minerva. Um, I changed my mind, I'd like to go with you."

Snapping awake, she could feel the panicked thoughts running amok in Minerva's mind. Obviously something was up to have Minerva change her mind this quickly, "Minerva? Where are you?" River jotted down the address of her apartment, gathering her things before she would head over. "Okay Minerva, I'll be over soon, stay put."

It had taken the taxi ten minutes to find the building that housed Minerva's apartment, despite River's attempt to speak Latvian to the driver to get him to drive urgently, however all he did was respond calmly that he knew where to drive to. He even tried talking to her; presumably asking her why she was going where she was and how her day was going, but River didn't have the time to ponder on these thoughts. Accessing the safari browser, she pulled up the latest feed for today and gasping at the news that had made it to the top of the international section. The news seemed to be slandering Atlanteans for the attack on the Relief Centre on London, as well as similar incidents happening all across the world. In a small paragraph near the end of the article, River found a message about an attack in Riga. Nothing had happened to her knowledge, but she gasped as she considered the possibility that Minerva had committed the act.

Taking the stairs two at a time, River made it up to Minerva's apartment, scanning it quickly for signs of other thoughts aside from Minerva's obvious jumbled thoughts, before banging on the door. "Minerva? It's River, can you let me in?"​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
AGNES JOHANSSON
Agnes looked from one man to the other. He hadn't been telling the truth? About what, going to the loo?

"Yes, I'm Agnes alright." She put on a smile towards the new man who was apparently called Atticus. "Though you may call me Wonderwoman if you like, or Flying Girl though that doesn't sound nearly as cool. You a superpowerperson too?"

She turned back to Mr Goat before the newcomer could reply, though. "And what's your story then? You didn't at all need a bathroom and really just wanted to sneak away, kidnapping me from these cool Atlantean royalty?" She was joking, having no idea about the implications.​

Lokiepie

ooh...Cake!
Years
Charlotte (Charlie) Hunter - London Atlantean Relief Centre, England

(OOC: If you don't want to read all of it, which is understandable with it being poorly written and immensely long, just skip to the end bit. :P It explains all xD)

As Charlie listened, she began to swift somewhat uncomfortably on her cot. For the majority of time, she had held contact with Justin's gaze, his eyes seeming honest and intent on getting the well-being behind his words across. Yet after a while, staring became uneasy and feeling rude she broke his lock on her gaze. Cocking her head to the side a bit, she glanced towards the huddled groups which dotted the area around her. The blue and white uniforms of the nurses sieving through the crowds like bees working round honeycombs, stopping every now and then to check people.

It had most certainly been a long day, the evidence of this etched into every face which looked her way. Crumpling in her skin, Charlie closed her eyes and breathed in deeply. The fact that they had been attacked just a few hours before was quite enough for one day, but now this new invitation had appeared, shiny, new and full of promise. It made the option of going home seem like a comparison between a pit pony and thoroughbred.

A life of hiding in shame from her friends, possibly even moving was certainly not attractive. Yet this new option was swirled in fear. Charlie knew that one day she would have to leave her parents. That was just life, it's what people did. But she didn't even know anything about this academy, she could be walking into hell on earth if she just up't and left.

Sighing inwardly, Charlie parted her lips to answer only to suddenly freeze, the words catching in her throat as a gentle hand rested on her shoulder. The slender digits and thick perfume of vanilla which filled the air, told her that this hand belonged to her mother.

They had arrived only half an hour before and were only allowed in when the medic had finally deemed her well enough to see. Faces taunt with fear and worry ,they had bustled back into her life, her father chattering nervously and he peppered her with questions while her mother stood in silence, eyes lined in silver tears. The promise of Nandos long since forgotten, Charlie noted to herself bitterly.

It was here, for the briefest of moments, that Charlie forgot all about Justin whom now lay down in the neighbouring cot, as she took in her parent's voices, expressions and actions. With a sudden jolt in her brain, Charlie remembered back to when she had hit the rocks as a child. The same expressions had twisted her mother and father's kind faces back then too. With this Charlie's stomach twisted uncomfortably, almost in anger. She was no longer a child to be simpered over, her twentieth birthday was coming in December and now more than ever was the time to take her own life into her own hands.

Standing from her cot, she nodded her parents curtly before offering them a smile.
"I am fine. Hungry but fine." She said, patting her dad's hand reassuringly. "But can we discuss this over dinner somewhere? I am sure the nurses will let me go, I've not got a scratch on me." Here she offered her best grin, before glancing back at Justin sombrely.

"But Mum, Dad. Can you just go double check with the medics for me? I have someone I need to talk to first." Her parents did as she asked and as she watched her parents retreating backs, Charlie sat back down, this time facing where Justin lay.

"I need to think things over, a lot of stuff has gone on and well, it's all a little much, but you will know when I make my decision. Thank you for today Justin, you saved my life." With that Charlie once again stood, turning to leave. She greeted her parents with hugs and listened to the doctor's advice. They were allowing her to leave but on the condition that if anything even stung just a little, she was to call a hospital immediately. With that they left, finding a small café somewhere and ordering Panini for dinner.

It had been awkward at first, her mother remaining silent while her dad tried to cover the lack of conversation with jokes, none of which were well thought out.

Yet at last, when the dinner was over, the coffee gone and crumbs being the only signs of food once gracing the plates, the mood lightened. If only for a little a bit until Charlie broached the subject of going to the academy. At first, her father became angry and tense but that is what Charlie expected, it was her mother which came as a surprise.

"I think you should do it." Her soft, Scottish accent sounding quite quaint amongst the Manc's rough dialect.

"What!" Her father replied, almost bellowing now, as his heavily furred face turned to his partner. "You want to send her to this place? We don't even know anything about it!"

"She needs to go James. If she doesn't, she will always wonder about it." Her mother replied as she brushed back a few dark curls from her own small, delicate face. Her expression was firm, dark rings unlined her eyes while her lips pressed together into a thin line.

This was enough quietened her father at once, making him sink back into his soft leather chair in silence as he just stared at his wife in disbelief. Charlie joined him in this expression, though her heart beat wildly in anticipation. Out of the two parents, Charlie had never even hosted the possibility of her mother becoming her ally on this subject. She had always been so protective of her.

"If she hadn't wanted to go deep down inside she wouldn't have brought this up." Her mother continued with a heavy sigh. "I know my own daughter, at least give me that. Charlie if you wish to go, go. But remember to call won't you?"

Charlie at this, grinned somewhat confusedly at first before hugging her mum and nodding. "I will."

An hour later:

Charlie parted with her parents at the station, promises of their return the next day with a bag filled with her stuff, made with tears. There were hugs. Lots of hugs and then her parents had climbed on the train as the final call sounded.Then with a shuddering start, the train pulled Charlie's parents away from her. Charlie remained on the chilled platform for a little while, reddened eyes watching as the tail lights of the train disappeared around a corner. There was no point in crying, but yet the tears still brimmed her eyes and stained her cheeks. Changed had never been easy.

As she returned the makeshift hospital where she had left Justin three hours before, Charlie felt her heart quicken in excitement. Trying as best she could to ignore the crumbled rumble which lay quietly down the street, yellow jacketed workers still picking through the bricks. It was the beginning of a new chapter now, what had happened was terrible, but she couldn't linger on the past.

Explaining to the medics and guards that she felt unwell and figured it was best if she came back, Charlie was allowed back in, minimal questions asked. Finding her way back to her own bed, she tip toed through the rows of closed curtains and open view cots. The occasional groan of pain emanating from a person stirring in their sleep. Biting down her lip hard was all she could do as she resisted to help, before finally arriving at her old cot. She had been lucky that it hadn't been filled with another poor soul in her absence. Sitting down heavily, Charlie sighed, holding back a grin. From here, she reached into her bag and pulled out a Panini, offering it towards Justin without even checking to see if he was awake.

"I didn't know what the food would be like here and figured you would appreciate this. It's ham and cheese." She offered this sentence with a shrug, before laying back in her cot slowly and closing her eyes to rest.

"This academy better have its own Professor X or I will be seriously disappointed."​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023

Frederick Salusbury & Atticus Forsberg - Atlantean Relief Centre, Stockholm, Sweden

October 31st, 2012
"Uh, sort of," Atticus made a face, avoiding how kind of right she was on all grounds, despite the obvious sarcasm. He turned back to Freddie, speaking in English since Freddie seemed so uncomfortable with it (and Atticus wasn't too hot on it either). "We should probably move sometime soon,y'know. I did notice the very important Royal Family member in the next room over. You didn't make it very easy for yourself, did you?"

"C-c'mon! That's not my fault!"

"Yeah, okay. Did you talk to her?"

"N-not yet. C-can you?"

"Seriously?"

"Please!"

"Ugh," Atticus buried his face in his hands, sneaking a peek at the Swede girl.

She was cute-looking, with her baby face and her fluffy hair, but odd-looking too. Her eyes really poked out, contrasting to her dark skin to make it seem as if those blue eyes were almost white. Actually no, it was more like she seemed... Uh, like a goddess, the only thing Atticus could really relate it to was the water dudes from Avatar or that girl from that Atlantis Disney movie (hah, what a happy coincidence).

Thinking about cartoons right now though probably wasn't a great idea. Or was it? It seemed like the only relatable thing in a time of people with magic powers and junk.

"Hi Agnes," Atticus returned to Swedish, despite his own interests, "my name's Atticus Forsberg. Um, me and Freddie here are, uh, as you put it, kidnapping you from these guys. They may seem cool but uh, the Royal Family are not really who they make themselves out to be. They may seem like nice guys, I know, but like, 90% of the time they're usually making some bullcrap story up so you be friends with them."

"Me and Freddie here," he continued, speeding up his pace as he glanced at the time on his phone, "are part of another organisation called the Atlantean Unification Project or the AUP like some people call it. We're basically all about uniting us," he gestured to the three of them, "and we offer sanctuary and stuff to people like us if you don't want these guys getting into your brain and basically becoming their personal puppets."

"We've been watching you actually," he checked the hall back and forth, leaning in closer to lower his voice, "as creepy as that sounds, and you seem like a pretty cool person and we'd like for you to join us and stuff. Um... Yeah, I think that's it," he turned back to Freddie, speaking in English, "how did I do?"

"Ok... I think," Freddie nodded slowly. Honestly, he had really only caught half of what Atticus had been saying.

"So yeah," Atticus returned to Swedish, "yeah. Um... Yeah. You speak English, don't you?"​

Legend

Kingslayer
Years

James Hazen- Outside Atlantean Center, London, England

James continued to examine London while Henry spoke to the others. He gave him enough attention to be able to butt in if he needed to, but he was fairly certain that his mind was made up. He had made up his mind when he decided not to walk out the taxi door that led to the airport in Hawaii. Or so he told himself. The reality was that even now James had some lingering doubts about it all. The incident at his work in the convenient store caused him to start running, but he had no set plan on where to go. A part of him probably would have likely never even got on that plane had he been given the opportunity. It was only during Henry's interference that he was pushed to the decision, which came by much more hastily than he would have expected. After all, though he may hate the lifestyle, he still lived in the cozy Hawaiian atmosphere, and therefore some norms of the locals were instilled in him, despite his best attempts not to adopt their lifestyle.

Now, with a swing of the taxi door, Henry was inviting them to a fresh start. But to James, he believed the opening of this new door would forever close another one. If he stepped into that taxi and accepted the invitation, no matter where he would go from there, he would never go back to the life he had. That meant that everything he held onto before would forever be detached from him, all of the good along with the bad. His parents, his friends, his work, his belongings. It was likely he would never see any of that again. With these thoughts in mind, James turned as Henry addressed Nate and himself, waiting for his response on whether he would accept the invitation after Oakley did. James found himself debating more than he would have expected. It was an interesting thing. Had he been asked any other time, he would have dropped everything and went with Henry in a heartbeat. Now, when it was all actually happening, he hesitated. James learned there that giving up everything he knew was a lot harder than he realized, no matter what thoughts he had for his old life. Change, especially substantial change, was never easy to accept, even if it was sometimes for the best. The fact that Henry said that he would owe him some favor didn't make it any easier, as James didn't quite like the idea of owing anyone anything.

But James found himself thinking a lot more on this than he would have liked. He decided to give himself and ultimatum, a final chance to turn back or to go permanently forward. Whatever he would choose here, he would stick with it all the way, and leave all doubt behind. James inhaled as he took the first step toward the taxi, then found himself exhaling gently, feeling relieved and at peace with the decision he reached, the one he knew he wanted in his heart. He joined Oakley inside the cab, a slight smile creeping onto his face as the exuberance set in.

He looked out the window, examining the wreckage that the earlier incident had caused.
Henry had said that perhaps some of them needed somewhere to stay to be away from destruction like that. James on the other had hoped that in his new life he had just begun, this wouldn't be the last demolished building he would see.

OOC: Posted for Supervegeta

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Delta Mayor -
- Warsaw, Poland
The perky waitress stopped by to deliver more drinks to them as Misha explained himself. Delta's curiosity was peaked when the large man who had mentioned that he had his powers for years. Great, now any chance she had to escape was most certainly out the window if she was against someone who had several times the amount of practice Delta had. The Atlantean Unification Project apparently weren't related to the Royal Family she had heard so much about. Now that she knew of this second group Delta wondered how many other groups there might be that were doing the same thing Misha was doing now. How many other lost Atlantean teens were there out there looking for comfort, were these groups tactically or strategically taking advantage of the situation at hand? Despite the lies that might (read: most certainly will) tumble out from here on out Delta knew she had to remain guarded and well aware of what was going on around her.

Her hunger had subsided since they arrived, but since she didn't know the people she was going to meet Delta wasn't quite sure when she was going to eat next. She carefully picked up her burger and munched on it as Misha became the Question Drill Sergeant. Why Delta's favorite color, purple (hence why the shaved down right side hairs were dyed purple), mattered to Misha she wasn't quite. She avoided any and all questions that dealt with family and instead asked Misha the same questions he asked her or went on some long tangent so that Misha forgot the question he previously asked or moved on completely. After they finished their rapid back and forth question session Misha graciously paid the bill, did she get a stipend for joining this group? They made their way outside and into the large vehicle where Misha was a lot less uptight about her but she sensed he didn't completely trust her, which wasn't unusual. Thankfully he brushed off the shattered glass before she sat down, a kind gesture from a man she didn't know, now that was unusual.

"So," Misha started as he got into the driver's seat. If she was going to his leader, where exactly was the HQ of the AUP? "Ve're going to France. Did you need anything before ve go?"

"To France?" Delta moved her lip piercing between her gloved fingers while she thought about his question. She wished that she could say goodbye to Nathan and her babcia, "Just try not to kill me, but does this mean we're going to a plane?"​

Legend

Kingslayer
Years

Nathaniel Calaway- Outside Atlantean Center, London, England

The Librarian laughed at Nathaniel's response, nodding as he spoke, "yes, you're quite right. I was only asking for politeness' sake." Nathaniel did not entertain the Librarian's eccentric greeting, if only because the entire situation was far too…suspicious to say the least. To know his name and location was one thing. Really a quick check on Facebook would do that, but the Librarian knew a lot more than that, didn't he? He knew exactly where Nathaniel was at the this exact time. He knew Nathaniel was an Atlantean and had a useful ability. He even sent his own daughter to fetch him, likely filling her in on all the important details like Nathaniel's favorite color. And for what purpose? It seemed any time that Nathaniel had composed some plausible answer, a few more questions popped up.

"Don't call me that," Adeline spoke up, narrowing her eyes at Nathaniel. "Please call me Otto."

"You and your nicknames. I swear, Adeline, if I would let you, you would put on a costume and call yourself a super her--"

"Sir."

And let's not get started on "Otto" here. Nathaniel's first impression was hardly positive. In fact, his opinion could probably be summed up in a single word: b****. Her insistence on nicknames, addressing her father as "sir" and continuously glaring at Nathaniel any time he spoke or took action. He was being judged for anything he did, whether it was for the greater good or motivated by his own self interests. As welcoming as the Librarian tried to be, Otto undid all of it. Either this girl has an attitude problem, a personal vendetta against Nathaniel (which you've known the man for 10 minutes) or she never had a childhood. He wanted to give the benefit of the doubt, but it was a bit hard considering the circumstances. Nathaniel returned the glare at Otto, his face grimacing ever so slightly, trying to hide his poor opinion of her. He'll give her this: she keeps her father on task.

"Right," he sighed, following Otto's reminder, "what do I want with you? Well, I'm not sure that's the right question at hand here. As I said, I offer sanctuary to lost Atlanteans. A chance to get away, begin your life anew. Perhaps you just need somewhere to stay to be away from this. I don't care who you are and what you've done. I'm giving you a chance to change what was happened. I will provide a home and help with your abilities. Of course, my service isn't a free one."

Not the response Nathaniel sought by any means. He didn't want a clever, convenient way to step around the question. Nor did he want some cliche, pamphlet advertisement for a new sanctuary. Did Nathaniel look lost to you? The only part of the Librarian's little monologue that Nathaniel appreciated was the promise of helping with the abilities, as Nathaniel has struggled to get a good handle on them. Sure, he could handle himself in a fight, but there has been the occasional time were he froze the shower, iced his drinks a bit too much and woke up in the middle of a Siberian tundra. Despite this promise, the Librarian offered a catch: the service didn't come free. He spoke of "heritages" which is an odd term, but soon revoked his statement saying "I already have all of yours." It was a choice of words that hardly used in such a manner, and he had hoped that he wasn't the only one to catch it. Nathaniel was too confused and overwhelmed to really comprehend everything. He had witnessed a gathering of his entire population that seemed to exist for only a few short weeks and already blew up more than a few buildings. He fought and killed a man. Saw a building explode with his own eyes. And now was being round up by a complete (and seemingly powerful) stranger, who made him question everything. Nathaniel's mind was being overwhelmed and he couldn't think as clearly as he would like to. So maybe a sanctuary would be nice. It would ease his mind a bit, being safe. Being able to avoid all this. But then again, he would owe this "Librarian" something. It was unnerving. It did little to ease the growing paranoia in Nathaniel's mind.

The Librarian opened the car door, gesturing to everyone. It was an open invitation, of which Oakley soon accepted. Nathaniel couldn't blame her. She could barely control her ability. James soon accepted, being ever silent as he did. This left Nathaniel alone, staring at the taxi, watching two strangers (his only real peers here) step into a car. His mind went back to all the distorted, chaotic thoughts that churned in his head: Who was this man? What did he want? Can he really help? Could Nathaniel handle himself without him? What about the Center? What about the man he killed? The terrorists that came with him…what about them? Nathaniel rubbed his eyes as he sighed. He was clearly stressed, tired and not as collected as he normally was. Normally one with a cool head, Nathaniel now regretted his over analytical way of doing things. And then he remembered something: He promised to keep Oakley safe. And watching her walk into a taxi cab with a man that Nathaniel couldn't completely trust...that felt like he was backing down from his promise.

Nathaniel finally stepped into the back seat, barely fitting into the vehicle. He felt bad for James and Oakley, as Nathaniel's broad built was probably crushing them ever so slightly. He looked out the window, watching the Center crumble beneath its own weight. Nathaniel hoped its destruction was a symbolic leaving the past behind and starting anew. That the decision he made now was the right one. That Nathaniel might actually have fun, make friends and become a better person. Though, a part of him felt like the Center's desecration was the end of all hope. And hope was all he had right now.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023

Oakley North - Atlantean Relief Centre, London, England

October 31st, 2012
"Fantastic! I'm very glad that you're all on board with this," the Librarian looked quite excited, like a child who had been given a new toy. "I promise that you will never regret this decision. I swear on my life."

He hopped into the driver's side, Adeline (or Otto, as she had insisted) slipping into the opposite side. The back seat was a little cosy for a second, until the Librarian banged his hand on the roof and the car instantly became as spacious as a large SUV.

"Hi," Oakley said to the boy who she hadn't met yet, "I'm Oakley."

"Alright, this will only take a second," he placed his hands the wheel and in a second, they were gone.

* * *​

They reappeared in a peculiar place, something that wasn't at all recognisable, but this may have been because it was pitch black and it was impossible to see anything. Oakley heard a door open in the front the Librarian slide out in front. Unsure what to do, Oakley sunk into her seat, waiting for her eyes to adjust to the darkness.

"Hold on just a minute," the Libarian said. He seemed to walk away, his steps echoing loudly, and return back to the car a minute or so later. There was a clap and a bright light blinded Oakley. Her hands went immediately to her eyes, shielding them for a moment until she thought it was safe to brave the light. They were in... a garage, full of cars. And it wasn't a small garage, it was probably the size of a football field and filled with loads of different kinds and colours of cars. Knowing nothing about cars, she only admired them for their obvious age and rarity.

With a beckoning hand from the Libarian, she opened the taxi door and stepped out, gawking fully at the sheer size of everything. She hadn't noticed in the car but there were stairs and platforms with even more vehicles, not just limited to cars, but planes and boats.

"Whoa," Oakley whispered, her tiny voice echoing through the what Oakley could less describe as a garage and more of a hanger.

"Follow me, please," Otto, already out of the car, lead the group towards a door and down a hallway. The halls were equally as impressive as the garage, the walls decorated with paintings Oakley vaguely recognised from art history books. She couldn't tell if they were real or not, but by the look of his garage, it wouldn't surprise her if they would.

Their short walk ended as they turned into a room that Oakely could only describe as a kitchen and dining room, decorated brightly with pastels and whites. It was looking at something that had just come out of an IKEA catalogue, even with the fine touches of a cake display tower littered with all kinds of sweets. The Librarian gestured for them all to sit, Otto taking her place at the end of the table. Oakley took a seat much closer to the kitchen bench where the Librarian was leaning, staring at the cakes and feeling her mouth water.

"Please, help yourself," he said, walking over and grabbing on himself to munch on. He returned the the bench with a smile on his face and an icing moustache. Oakley accepted the inivitation, grabbing a little cupcake herself. It was probably the best cupcake she had ever had.

"Thank you."

"My pleasure," he bowed his head. "It's almost four o'clock now, so we won't hassle ourselves with any kind of training today. I'll leave you after this for the rest of the night to explore and do whatever you wish. But for now, we can get well aquainted and you may ask me any question you like. Any question. I will answer everything truthfully, I give my word. All of my resources are now available to you, so if you do need anything, please ask. Now that we are in this together, I promise to keep you up to date on anything you need to know, let it be current affairs or the score from the last Lakers game. So please," he bowed his head again, "ask anything you like."​

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024

Agnes Johansson- Atlantean Relief Centre, Stockholm, Sweden

The men started talking in rapid English.

"Did you talk to her?"

"N-not yet. C-can you?"

"Seriously?"

"Please!"

"Talk about what?" Agnes interrupted. She meant to sound annoyed but her eagerness must have shone through.

"Hi Agnes," Atticus said, once again speaking Swedish. "my name's Atticus Forsberg. Um, me and Freddie here are, uh, as you put it, kidnapping you from these guys. They may seem cool but uh, the Royal Family are not really who they make themselves out to be. They may seem like nice guys, I know, but like, 90% of the time they're usually making some bullcrap story up so you be friends with them."

Agnes listened and wanted to say something in reaction but wasn't sure of what she would say. Atticus was hard to read, for some reason. Freddie stood between them, nervously looking from the man to the young woman.

"Me and Freddie here," Atticus continued, "are part of another organisation called the Atlantean Unification Project or the AUP like some people call it. We're basically all about uniting us," he gestured to the three of them, "and we offer sanctuary and stuff to people like us if you don't want these guys getting into your brain and basically becoming their personal puppets."

"Uniting, jaså?" Agnes mumbled thoughtfully, still trying to get a read on the new man.

"We've been watching you actually."

Her strangely blue eyes widened but only for a moment. She shouldn't be surprised, maybe. A silly smile grew onto her face instead of any kind of anger or fear.

"As creepy as that sounds, and you seem like a pretty cool person and we'd like for you to join us and stuff. Um... Yeah, I think that's it," he turned back to Freddie, speaking in English, "how did I do?"

"Ok... I think," Freddie nodded slowly.

"So yeah," Atticus returned to Swedish, "yeah. Um... Yeah. You speak English, don't you?"

"Oh, I do! Everyone in Sweden does, unless they are like 100 years old or so. I'm not super good perhaps, I only learned from school and TV and such but pretty much everything is in English anyways and I can understand what you say perfectly so just talk, don't mind me and Swedish! I just might have a weird pronunciation, haha, never got to practice much. I come from a very small town you know, and here in Stockholm I don't get to speak English very often either. So..."

She finally had to breathe. Yeah, her exitedness must have showed now.

"Anyways, I'm in! Haha, of course I'm in. These royalties sound a bit dull anyways, making people stand in line and register and all. Oh, unless you guys want me to go back and register as well? I don't know how you do it, have you registered already? Or are you, like, undercover?"

An organisation that had been looking up her and specifically wanted her to join them! That's like a superhero movie or something! Only... She glanced back at the room they had left earlier.

"What about the Santa girl? Or guy, I don't really know what was going on there. But... Should we just let them take her and brainwash her to become a loyal soldier or whatever it is you're saying they do? Shouldn't we try to gather as many as possible if it's unification you're after?"

She looked questioningly at Atticus, because Freddie seemed lost for words when she looked at him first. Atticus Forsberg was sturdier. Relaxed. But that was all she got. Who was he? And speaking of undercover stuff, what was up with Freddie's troubled walking anyways? Questions. Maybe she should think a bit more before she jumped into one organisation or another. Maybe these AUP were really the culprits and liars. After all, this did feel a bit illegal.

Not that Agnes really minded. At least not if they were right about the Royal Family.

((OOC: could you please include a little physical description of Atticus in a coming post? :p I've kind of forgotten everything except his red hair. It was red, uh, right?))​

Legend

Kingslayer
Years

James Hazen- London, England and ???

James looked at Nate from inside of the taxi cab. He seemed to be debating the decision to come along the same way James did. He wasn't surprised. No sane man would decide to do something like this out of the blue without putting at least a little thought into it. Still, he wondered what exactly the large man was debating in the first place. They all had their own burdens and thoughts to carry them down, each unique to their own character. James wondered what exactly it was that made him hesitate. Was it what he was possibly leaving behind, or was it the thought of the unknown as he moved forward? Or was it perhaps something different altogether?

When he finally did seem to decide to join them, James felt a bit more relieved about his own decision to join. He figured Nate seemed competent enough, so it made his own decision seem not as reckless or impulsive. He tried to move over enough to allow him enough room to sit, albeit without much success as he knew there wasn't much room to go around. However, that was quickly remedied as Henry hit his hand on the roof of the vehicle, transforming the interior into a spacious one akin to a more larger vehicle. James exhaled as he was able to easily spread his legs without getting in the way of the others or having any discomfort. Oakley, the other passenger in the car, decided to introduce herself to him.

"Hi, I'm Oakley." She said. James turned to her, momentarily observing her appearance. He noted that without her large hulky metal arm, she appeared to only be a frail little girl. It was strange that deep inside her, she held such incredible power. One would not be able to tell had they looked at her as she was now.

"Yea, I heard." James stated simply, ignoring the proper introduce course as he turned away from her and looked ahead, awaiting Henry to take them wherever it was they were going. However, he remembered that in this situation, he may be with the two of them for quite a while, so he reminded himself he should probably feign niceties, even if he didn't completely mean them. With a sigh, he turned back to Oakley. "James." He added, before turning his head forward again, observing Henry as he made his next move.

"Alright, this will only take a second," Henry said, and James knew that he wasn't bluffing, as exactly a second later, they were gone from the streets of London, and were somewhere entirely different. What exactly it was, James couldn't tell due to the darkness. Henry walked out of the car, telling the others to wait for a moment and as he came back, he clapped his hand, causing a sudden flash of light to emanate through the room, which James found to be quite large, one his eyes had adjusted to this new amount of light. Inside were all manner of planes, trains, and automobiles. It was an enormous garage. Classic cars, limited editions, the sort a collector would have. Some were vintage, probably long having been halted in production. James wasn't much of a car man himself, but he did appreciate a collection of this grandeur. However, he also began to wonder how Henry had managed to collect such a set of these pieces. He didn't appear to be that old, yet James believed he was a lot older than he led on. And why not? The man seemed to have so many different abilities already. Alteration of age wouldn't be something too special to a guy like him.

They were led out of the large room full of cars and down a hallway filled with paintings and pieces of supposedly famous tapestry. James merely rolled his eyes. He had never really developed the level of appreciation of art that so many others had. Some were interesting true, but for the most part, he had trouble understanding how so many of those pieces had become famous and priceless, when he didn't find them all that special. He felt a similar disdain towards cars and other objects people called works of 'art'. In his opinion, they were so named because people one day decided that those who did something like this were artistic. A norm was developed which dictated that which was considered 'beautiful' and that which wasn't. This didn't merely apply to art, but to many other aspects of society as well. James wouldn't have any of it. Why should others decide for him what he should consider beautiful and repulsive, or flawed and perfect? Those were the current society's beliefs, not his.

As they were led to the kitchen, Henry offered them some sweets. James declined, having somewhat recently eating, and not particularly in the mood for the snacks. He wanted to learn more about his ability. Unfortunately, that didn't seem to be in the plan for today, instead suggesting he was willing to answer any question they had instead. James rolled his eyes, not at all what he wanted to hear. The only thing he truly wanted to know more about was his own ability.

Still, seeing as he wouldn't be getting that opportunity tonight, he figured he'd at least get to know a bit more about who everyone else is in all of this.

"Alright," James began, looking at Henry and Adeline. "You can start by telling me who exactly you're with. I heard of the Atlantean Royal Family on the news. Are you with them? If not, who exactly are you with?" He eyes moved between the two of them, before he decided to keep them focused on Henry instead. After thinking for a moment, he added something else, "Actually, might as well tell me everyone who's involved, since I get the feeling there's more than one group associated with the Atlanteans. You sure as hell weren't with those other guys back at the building in London."

OOC: Posted for Supervegeta. Again. Seriously, when will he get a new computer?

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Kim Parnevik & Katarina Lukyanenko
Stockholm

"Kim, I'll get you home soon, but could you calm down for me please?" Miss Lukyanenko said, her Swedish slightly hard to understand. She was rubbing his shoulder gently, clearly she was trying her best to comfort the poor boy that Kim was. Slowly he brought his head around to look at her, the tears blurring his vision. Realising that she did want to help he tried his best to calm down, he was in a room with only one person that he didn't know, and that person was seemingly sincere in trying to help him get home.

"Will.. will you really.. help me get.. home..?" Kim stuttered trying his best to calm down for her.

Katerina took a moment to think, this kid was Atlantean, and while he wasn't the one she had been instructed to recruit, he seemed pretty powerful and with the right training, perhaps even control these powers of his. "I can do you one better, Kim, if you want, you can come with me and train with my friends and I. We can help you to control this ability of yours."

Oh no. He thought as she finished talking, she was now not wanting to take him home at all. She wanted to torture him more by keeping him away from the safety of his room. "But you said.. that you'd help me get home." He replied as he started to shake again.

Katerina shook her head, there was no getting through to the boy. Anxiously checking her watch, she began to wonder just how long this man would be in the toilet, hoping to get around to being able to recruit Agnes instead.

"I didn't lie, if you want, I can take you home, I am merely offering you a second option to control your abilities."

Thoughts ran through Kim's head as he tried to calm himself down, this lady wanted to keep him away from his room even longer, but then it struck him.. If I can control my power, I won't change to a girl randomly.. I'll be able to stay in the safety of my room again..

"So.. You'll help me learn how to control my changes..?" He asked timidly, wiping the tears away from his eyes. "I-I-I'll come if you really can.." His hesitation was clear in the tone of his voice but he was set on learning how to control his gender changes.

Trying not to let her frustration shine through, Katerina smiled after a simple reply of 'yes'. She was hoping that getting him on a plane back to the mansion would hopefully be a lot easier than this recruiting drive had been, but judging by how things were going now, she was probably fresh out of luck on that behalf. She laughed inwardly, Luck, such a stupid concept.

Last edited:
Back