• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ones That Got Away Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Update:
(So I hacked in Aipom because me=lazy and I didn't want to headbutt trees for hours). So here in picture form is my progress.

Spoiler:

jujuju

The Guelah Papyrus
Years
I finished the challenge! I really hate updating throughout Kanto so I will just post the final battle

Pokemon Before Red
gotawayaipom.png
gotawayariados.png
gotawaycloyster.png

gotawaygolduck.png
gotawayhypno.png
gotawayweezing.png

If you're interested in how it all went down here is the battle log
Spoiler:

End Result
gotawayred.png

Great Challenge, I enjoyed it.

Shiny Politoed

Dreamer
Years
This sounds fun :D I'm serchign my diamond PC now and these are pokemon i'd love to try raising :)

Name: Lucas :D

Game: Heart gold

List of Pokemon that got away:
*=I wanna try :)

Drifloon*
gastly
shuppet
Eevee (surprising i know)
Bagon
Trapinch
gastly
mime JR
spoink
Scyther
yanma*really wanna try this one :)
mantyke
aron
larvaitar
carvanha
wailmer
remoraid
smoochum
aipom*
Number required:
6Any specific requirements:
flying and water for sure :P
and these are all coming from eggs :)

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2016
This sounds fun :D I'm serchign my diamond PC now and these are pokemon i'd love to try raising :)

Name: Lucas :D

Game: Heart gold

Number required:
6Any specific requirements:
flying and water for sure :P
and these are all coming from eggs :)

Ok... I'll give you Aipom, Yanma, Drifloon, Spoink, Carvanha and Eevee. I assume you'll be evolving them though! Added you to the Challengers list.

P.S. Congratulations to our first Champion, jujuju!

P.P.S. In case anyone's wondering, I will be doing this Challenge asap but I'm currently working on a HeartGold playthrough so I can catch a Misdreavus to breed and trade across to my Challenge game... One of the very few Pokemon I don't actually have yet!

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
Um, yes, I've talked to sammu about implementing a separate challenge in which we train our boxed Pokemon from finished games.
Basically, we put up a list of the Pokemon which we caught for Pokedex during our playthroughs and never got to train them. Now, we don't want to restart the game, we just want to train those little guys. But the sea of junk (no pun intended) is so vast we have no idea if we'll pick a Ratatta or a Sentret. See ? This is where it helps.
When sammu updates the thread, I'll post my junk list and have someone select six Pokemon. And, golly, it's a long one... (considering my count of 399 in Pokedex in HG).

I've made a thread for it, after all. I'll make a link to this challenge in case some people want to make a full playthrough with unused Pokemon. ^_^

Last edited:

tachikaze316

Master of Procrastination
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 16, 2015
Update #3

-Headed into the Galactic building, Miles brutalised everything (Okay, Devo helped with Skuntank, but it was only sleep powder).
-Got the bicycle and Explorer kit
-Rode down Cycling Road, got the Vs Seeker and Dowsing Machine
-Encountered Cyrus in Mt Coronet, he spouted some fauxlosophic bull**** and walked away
-Caught a bibarel-HM slave and a male Ralts (named Bridget, 5 internets to anyone who gets the reference)
-Entered Hearthome City and got attacked by a Buneary, went to the contest hall, got a tuxedo.
-Battled Gav, had completely forgotten he was here...good thing this is Pearl though or he might've been slightly dangerous. :P
-Headed to Solaceon Town, Miles and Bridget evolved.
-Went on to Veilstone city, rode straight through to Pastoria Town
-Caught Khan the Kangaskhan in the Great Marsh (Where it'd normally be available post-E4)
-Went back to Veilstone and headed to the gym
-Miles beat Meditite with 2 crunches, Devo sleep powder+hidden powered Machoke, Lucario swept most of my team leaving him it at ~30%HP and Miles at ~85%, Miles won with Aqua Jet spam

Team:
Spr_4d_070.png

Devo/Weepinbell Lv.25
-Vine Whip
-Acid
-Sleep Powder
-Hidden Power (Ghost)
Spr_4d_048.png

Mothra/Venonat Lv.27
-Leech Life
-Psybeam
-Disable
-Poison Powder
Spr_4d_419_m.png

Miles/Floatzel Lv.28
-Aqua Jet
-Water Gun
-Crunch
-Swift
Spr_4d_115.png

Khan/Kangaskhan Lv.26
-Bite
-Dizzy Punch
-Mega Punch
-Tail Whip
Spr_4d_281.png

Bridget/Kirlia Lv.22
-Confusion
-Double Team
-Teleport
-Magical Leaf

Last edited:
Years
Update:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2018
Alright so im gonna do this one, sounds cool :)

Name: boomerjp

Game: You pic
k between any Gen III or Gen IV game (except HG)

Tyranitar, Misdreavus, Exeggutor, Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, Dugtrio, Fearow, Raichu, Nidoking, Hypno, Parasect, Blissey, Crobat, Ninetales, Arcanine, Persian, Poliwrath, Machamp, Dragonite, kingdra, Rapidash, kingler, any fossil pokemon, xatu, porygon-z, Lapras, rhyperior, tangrowth, weavile, Probopass, magnezone, slaking, Gallade, Flygon, Milotic, Walrein, Spiritomb, Electivire, banette, Lucario

Number required: pic
k 6, and I will pick 4

Any specific requirements: Fully Evolved, you can do monotype if you want,
kill 2 birds with one stone :D

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2016
Alright so im gonna do this one, sounds cool :)

Name: boomerjp

Game: You pic
k between any Gen III or Gen IV game (except HG)

Tyranitar, Misdreavus, Exeggutor, Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, Dugtrio, Fearow, Raichu, Nidoking, Hypno, Parasect, Blissey, Crobat, Ninetales, Arcanine, Persian, Poliwrath, Machamp, Dragonite, kingdra, Rapidash, kingler, any fossil pokemon, xatu, porygon-z, Lapras, rhyperior, tangrowth, weavile, Probopass, magnezone, slaking, Gallade, Flygon, Milotic, Walrein, Spiritomb, Electivire, banette, Lucario

Number required: pic
k 6, and I will pick 4

Any specific requirements: Fully Evolved, you can do monotype if you want,
kill 2 birds with one stone :D

I'll pick Diamond, and the following 6 for you to choose from:

Exeggutor, Magnezone, Banette, Kingdra, Rapidash, Flygon. I'll add you to the list of challengers right away.

Enjoy!

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
My turn to sign up. Updates may be inconsistent though.

Name: Jdthebud

Game: Any Sinnoh game

Aerodactyl, Kabutops, Armaldo, Metagross, Magmortar, Drifblim, Froslass, Steelix, Gliscor, Vespiqueen, Weavile, Draipon, Floatzel, Porygon-Z, Gallade, Beautifly, Shiftry, Breloom, Ludiicolo, Crawdaunt, Grumpig, Hariyama, Sharpedo, Mr. Mime, Skamory, Kangaskhan, Lucario, Persian, Ninetales, Wailord, Lanturn, Lapras, Walrien, Tenatacruel, Hitmonchan, Absol.

Number required: 5

Any specific requirements: Fully Evolved; no more than 2 Pokemon of same type; at least 1 that can learn Fly (Aerodactyl, Skarmory, Drifblim).

Thanks!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2016
My turn to sign up. Updates may be inconsistent though.

Name: Jdthebud
Game: Any Sinnoh game
Aerodactyl, Kabutops, Armaldo, Metagross, Magmortar, Drifblim, Froslass, Steelix, Gliscor, Vespiqueen, Weavile, Draipon, Floatzel, Porygon-Z, Gallade, Beautifly, Shiftry, Breloom, Ludiicolo, Crawdaunt, Grumpig, Hariyama, Sharpedo, Mr. Mime, Skamory, Kangaskhan, Lucario, Persian, Ninetales, Wailord, Lanturn, Lapras, Walrien, Tenatacruel, Hitmonchan, Absol.
Number required: 5
Any specific requirements: Fully Evolved; no more than 2 Pokemon of same type; at least 1 that can learn Fly (Aerodactyl, Skarmory, Drifblim).

Thanks!

I'll give you... Skarmory, Ninetales, Drapion, Lanturn, Armaldo. I'm not sure if you want me to choose your game, but if you do, then have a go at Platinum.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
I'll give you... Skarmory, Ninetales, Drapion, Lanturn, Armaldo. I'm not sure if you want me to choose your game, but if you do, then have a go at Platinum.

Thanks. Yeah, I wanted you to choose the game. This will be a pretty good team. I'm gonna have to trade/hack in a couple eggs - Skarmory and Chinchou can't be obtained until after the Elite Four, I will hack in a Claw fossil after I get the Underground Kit in Eterna City and revive it in Oreburgh, and I will catch Vulpix in-game by hacking it in where it can be found with a Dongle. Skorupi will be caught normally I guess. And Bidoof/Bibarel for the HM slave of course!

Last edited:

tachikaze316

Master of Procrastination
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 16, 2015
Update #4

-Healed up and helped Dawn get her Pokedex back.
-Taught Starly fly and headed to Pastoria Gym
-Miles KOd Gyarados with Crunch, Quagsire should've gone down to Devo but woke up immediately after being put to sleep and proceeded to crit slam, Bridget finished it with Magical Leaf. Floatzel fell to Mothra and Khan's combined efforts.
-Battled Gav again, he still hasn't evolved anything but his starter...gym leaders are using level 30 Floatzels and Lucarios and he still hasn't evolved anything but turtwig...what the hell?!
-Beat a Team Galactic grunt, spoke to Cynthia, got the SecretPotion
-Taught Starly Defog
-Flew to Solaceon Town, headed north
-Cured the Psyduck, Cynthia showed up (if she was gonna be in the area, why'd I have to do this?)
-Got the Old Charm and headed to Celestic Town
-Beat a Galactic Grunt and delivered the Old Charm
-Looked at some cave paintings, got HM03
-Flew back to Hearthome, taught Miles Surf and headed to the gym.
-Miles swept the gym with Crunch.

Team:
Spr_4d_070.png

Devo/Weepinbell Lv.27
-Vine Whip
-Acid
-Sleep Powder
-Hidden Power (Ghost)
Spr_4d_048.png

Mothra/Venonat Lv.29
-Leech Life
-Psybeam
-Disable
-Poison Powder
Spr_4d_419_m.png

Miles/Floatzel Lv.29
-Aqua Jet
-Surf
-Crunch
-Swift
Spr_4d_115.png

Khan/Kangaskhan Lv.29
-Bite
-Dizzy Punch
-Mega Punch
-Tail Whip
Spr_4d_281.png

Bridget/Kirlia Lv.28
-Confusion
-Calm Mind
-Teleport
-Magical Leaf

Years
Finished the challenge!!
Here's the ending (Excuse me for skipping Lt.Surge snap shot)

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2016
Congratulations WeightyWillBill, our second Champion! I'll add you to the list now.

Excuse my tardiness but I genuinely will be starting this challenge before much longer. I'm currently undergoing the laborious process of trading all, yes, ALL 400+ of my Pokemon collection from Diamond onto HeartGold, where they will stay for the foreseeable future (probably until I get Black/White). Who the hell made the trading animation SO SLOW?!!?

Anyway, once they're all on HG, I'll get breeding, and transfer the eggs over to my SoulSilver game; then I'll do the challenge.

Years
I think I might do this again.. On Emerald, I think (:

Number of Pokemon: 4 will do.
Special Requests: One that could learn surf, please?
Another list of the ones that got away (All fully evolved this time [unless I've already used the evo] + 3rd gen pokemon)
Spoiler:

Ragnia

Hello
Years
I would like to try this
Name:Ragnia
Game:Ruby(Rom)
Special Request:A Pokemon that can learn surf
Number of Pokemon:5
Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2016
I think I might do this again.. On Emerald, I think (:

Number of Pokemon: 4 will do.
Special Requests: One that could learn surf, please?
Another list of the ones that got away (All fully evolved this time [unless I've already used the evo] + 3rd gen pokemon)
Spoiler:

Solrock, Flareon, Slowpoke, Sudowoodo.

I would like to try this
Name:Ragnia
Game:Ruby(Rom)
Special Request:A Pokemon that can learn surf
Number of Pokemon:5
Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:

Dewgong, Primeape, Masquerain, Altaria, Parasect.

Added you both to the Challengers list. Good luck and enjoy!

Ragnia

Hello
Years
First entry time!!!
Chose treecko so May would have torchic
Hacked to get seel,paras,and mankey.
Got Kurusu(Seel)
Shroomy(Paras)
and Alexis(Mankey) all up to lvl. 6
Then, I went to defeat May which I did easily.
Wnt onto next route and deafeated some trainers.
Decided to get Surskit caught a girl named her Alice.
Went into the gym and helped Wally get a ralts.

Current team:
Alice(Surskit)
Lvl:8
Item:None
Nature:Hasty
Ability:Swift Swim
Moves:Bubble
Quick Attack

Alexis(Mankey)
Lvl:7
Nature:Docile
Ability:Vital Spirt
Moves:Scratch
Leer

Kurusu(Seel)
Ability:Thick Fat
Nature:Lax
Moves:Headbutt

Shroomy(Paras)
Nature:Bashful
Ability:Effect Spore
Moves:Scratch
Stun Spore

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2018
Started Diamond a couple days ago. Haven't gotten very far. I am going to be using Flygon, Kingdra, Magnezone, and Exeggutor.

Named myself I, chose a girl avatar, and named my "friend" ASH. Chose Chimchar as starter. Hacked in Trapinch/Horsea, and just beat the first Gym with them. Magnemite/Exeggcute are waiting in the sidelines for now until I get those two up a bit to help with the level grinding.

Team I:

Trapinch - L15
Moves:
Bite
Sand-Attack

Horsea - L15
Moves:
Water Gun
SmokeScreen
Bubble
Leer

This is going a bit slower than I thought, but I am currently doing a Ultimate Monotype w/ Fighting so I'll do this when I get bored of getting owned by Flying types.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back