• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you believe Game Freak should do next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
These last couple of years have been a quite bumpy ride for Pokemon fans.
On one hand there was Gen 4 which i thought was a great gen but overall many consider the worst and some even despise gen 4 then came remake of gen 2 which i thought was a nice addition to the series but en 2 is my least favorite mainly because i rarely play that gen and i just prefer the other generations but that's just m opinion. don't get me wrong i do like it but i have the least experience that's all.
Anyway Gen 5 came afterwords which i didn't play until i picked up white 2 in October, and boy it was a great breath of fresh air and really expanded on what they can do and many considered to be recovery to the series.
But anyway back to subject where do you think the series should go next? Should it step in Gen 6 and carry on to a new region or should it stay in Gen 5 and remake the gen 3 games?
Personally my favorite gen is generation 3 because i just like the game play the best and i feel hoenn was the best region to go around because it was huge and had some great Pokemon ( including IMO m favorite starter 3 especially the torchic evolution) So i was wondering which you should think game freak should go to next :D

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Well if Game Freak is going to follow any pattern, they'd make a remake for RSE before a 6th generation. They did in the 3rd and 4th generations (whether they came after Emerald or Platinum though, I'm not sure).

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
I would go forth with a remake of the Gen 3 games, but for a twist, I'd expand on the "Memory Link" aspect a bit more. Take B2 and W2 for example, the Unova link allowed for, B and W character references and story tadbits.

I think they should add a feature to where your character in the past game is recognized as the champion in the current game. I.E We beat Black and White, and our characters were referenced through Unova Link. Instead of simply mentioning my character; they could actually make her champion, with defaulted pokemon and everything.

Pinta77

They should do something completely different and stray away from this "8 gyms and elite four" curse.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Memory Link 3rd gen remake. It does not need to be done the same way as B2W2 but it would be nice if the remakes of 3rd gen were moved into future where you are the champion similar to Red in HG/SS.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
Well if Game Freak is going to follow any pattern, they'd make a remake for RSE before a 6th generation. They did in the 3rd and 4th generations (whether they came after Emerald or Platinum though, I'm not sure).

FRLG came before Emerald, but HGSS came after Platinum I believe.

I kind of want the RS remakes, since Hoenn is now the only region not playable on a DS game. I don't really know what I want for the 6th Gen, so yeah.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
I think they will, I mean it would be easier to develop as a whole new region as they can keep the same map and leave many of the Pokemon. The story wont have to change much either. And they will make LOADS of money off of it.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
I believe an Emerald remake or a single version hoenn game remake to stabilize the story line a bit. Emerald's storyline with both teams acting in the game made the most sense to me.

Years
It really depends on if Game Freak wants to cash in as soon as possible by doing the Gen 3 remakes. If I were calling the shots, I would actually hold off the remakes until some point after the 6th gen games, basically because the remakes aren't actually needed at this point, at least Pokedex wise (you can transfer Pokemon from Gen 3 to 4, and 4 to 5). Plus, they know that the fans really want the R/S/E remakes, so if they hold on to them for a few more years, sales could be that much higher thanks to the anticipation.

As just a fan of the games, though, I'd rather the remakes be released for the 5th gen, since I'm trying to hold off on buying a 3DS until I have to.

Years
I think they should do the Ruby & Sapphire remakes since Hoenn currently has no games for the DS and it would be a good way to end the main series for 5th Generation.

Also, I'm not ready for a 3DS yet.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
I believe an Emerald remake or a single version hoenn game remake to stabilize the story line a bit. Emerald's storyline with both teams acting in the game made the most sense to me.

Well yeah, but I think they'll still be RS remakes. I mean the HGSS storyline probably more closely followed that of Crystal than GS, so I still think they'll make them two separate games. Although I see your point about the Teams... I'm not sure. I'd like either to be honest, 'cause I'd just like to see RSE on the DS. Imo, RSE (Emerald in particular) were where the games started to get some of the good features that we know and love today (the re-doing of the PC box system comes immediately to mind!), so I'd like to see how they'd improve on these games further.

Years
Yh im gonna presume they will use the emerald instead of the two separate stories because that would be a bad move by game freak because although i think the two teams constantly fighting is a great story it was better to hear both perspectives on both games because having both perspectives obviously gives you a better idea of who to be for.

blue

gucci
Years
I think the best move would be the RS remakes as a nice closure to Gen V, although I'm not so sure that they may do that.

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
I personally think that they should release Gen. 6 before the remakes of Gen. 3.

They already made Black/White - Black 2/White 2, so there's obviously not going to be another Gen. 5 game unless they release Black 3/White 3 or create something like Pokemon Grey. (Which would be ANOTHER remake).

I think they should release the first 2 games of Gen. 6, and then focus on both the Gen. 3 remake AND the Gen. 6 'remake'.

Just so they can knock two birds out with one stone. Might as well prep for it.

Mononoke Hime

viva emptiness
Years
I'm waiting to see my pokemon walking on my side since the first time I finished SoulSilver.
These generations were all modern and stuff like that, but NO POKEMON COULD WALK ON MY SIDE.

Turboblaze

Blazing Aura
Years
Ruby and Sapphire remakes are definitely the way to go at this point. I was (and still am) hoping to see them this generation but it wouldn't kill me to wait until the next.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Something original.

Hey, you never said it had to be a Pokemon game. :P Why do they let good ideas like Drill Dozer and Pulseman die? And yes, I realize DD was a bit repetitive at times, but they could've worked on that.

Rhythm Hunter: HarmoKnight looks really great, like action meets Rhythm Heaven. If I ever get a 3DS, I'm buying that because it looks fun, and to hopefully support more original ideas from Game Freak, because it's not as if they're an incompetent studio.

However, I realize what section of the forum I'm on, and don't want anybody, especially mods, to give me the stink eye for not playing fair.

Uh... if I were still playing Pokemon... Snap 2? But then again, I guess that's what Ranch sort of was. I guess they can adopt one of those pirate games and polish it. I kind of liked the one where you play as Chikorita and Totodile. So a Pokemon platformer seems to be in order.

Clearly, I'm not helping, heh. Oh, but you know what I'd play the crud out of? It wouldn't win me back into the series, but if they made a Pokemon game, any genre, take your pick, where the art direction of the everything was based on the style of Osamu Tezuka, I'd buy it in an instant. The Pokemon must be in this style too. I'm tired of seeing potentially interesting Pokemon games where the humans have different artstyles but the creativity police won't allow the Pokemon to look any different too. I'd prefer it were something like Mystery Dungeon where Pokemon took center stage, unless they're going to write a Tezuka level story utilizing humans to begin with. Actaully, give me a Tezuka level story with just the Pokemon, the humans usually just get in the way (though in this case, I'd trust it to work).

Frankly, I'd buy any game where the Pokemon got a temporary design shift, for art's sake alone. Not so different that you can't identify them, but not so similar to Sugimori's that it's uninspired. Make it happen, Game Freak, and you've got my money.

*PS: Don't "conveniently" leave out the Nidoran family, or I'm keeping my money. |:<

moscarodas

Requiescat in pace
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2015
I think they are going to make a remake of Pokemon Sapphire and Ruby however I would like to see an epic remake for 3DS of Pokemon Fire Red, Crystal and Emerald all in one game.

ahmet476

standing around
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2014
Game Freak should do a fully 3d pc game with online multiplayer.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
These last couple of years have been a quite bumpy ride for Pokemon fans.
On one hand there was Gen 4 which i thought was a great gen but overall many consider the worst and some even despise gen 4 then came remake of gen 2 which i thought was a nice addition to the series but en 2 is my least favorite mainly because i rarely play that gen and i just prefer the other generations but that's just m opinion. don't get me wrong i do like it but i have the least experience that's all.

Gen 4? Worst Gen Ever? I think that title belongs to either Gen 3, due to the whole borderline between the fanbase, or Gen 5, due to the controversy regarding GF's unpredictibility. Besides, Gen 4 brought forth necessary evolutions and gave us the new physical/special mechanic.

That said, GF would start working on Gen 6, but it'll take a while for the company to give us the games for the 3DS, so it won't be out next year as everyone is expecting it to be. A R/S/E remake is more popular choice, but how are they going to incorperate its story given how Emerald is considered to be canon, so they can't use Ruby and Sapphire's story where one team is the villain and vice versa. Then again, a year without a main Pokemon game would be a good thing, as it would GF enough time to create a wonderful next-gen game that'll hopefully surpass Gen 2's popularity and Gen 1's sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back