• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First 100?

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
99% sure it was a Venusaur in Blue, but there's so much doubt there because it was so long ago. The safe bet is Swampert in Sapphire because I clearly remember that.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I'm pretty sure I got Mewtwo to Lv100 in Blue. I have no idea whether it was the first one or not, but it's the only one I can remember this many years later, so that's my answer, dammit! :P

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
oh man... it was probably my charizard... but possibly my mewtwo... thats like 14 years ago man...

ahh the memories ;)

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
What does "legitimate" mean in this case? Does it mean 'refraining from glitches, Rare Candies, etc.', as in leveling up purely through training/battling?

I have no idea which one it is exactly, seeing as it must've been about 10 years ago that I got my first one to 100. One thing I'm sure of though, it's definitely one of the starters in Blue, since back then, they were my top priority on the team. Since they'd been with me the longest, they were usually the highest levelled, so they also usually made the first in my team in important battles, and thus came a long way ahead. I'm pretty sure I really preferred the Charmander line back then, so my first to level 100 would most likely have been Charizard.

Yeah; my starter Pokemon are typically the Pokemon with me the longest and often end up being the highest-leveled Pokemon I have with me at any given time (and they're usually able to combat most threats effectively, so they're usually ordered first in line in my Pokemon party). As a result, my first Pokemon that attained Level 100 in battle is likely my Blaziken of my first Pokemon Sapphire game. Either Kyogre or Rayquaza or one of the other starters was probably next, especially since they were caught at high levels.

I've never gotten a Pokemon to level 100. I rarely get them much past level 50, and even that's the exception rather than the rule. There's just always something else that I want to breed or catch or train or evolve or what-have-you, and that's my priority. If they're particularly good or I just like them, I put in the effort to breed or catch exactly what I want, then level and train them for as long as it takes to get what I want. Generally though, once they're fully evolved and fully EV trained, I only use them if I really need them on a team - otherwise I'm focusing on the new stuff that I want to breed and catch and evolve and train.

I have boxes and boxes full of level 30-something fully evolved and EV trained Pokemon with carefully designed movesets.

Not sure if you're the competitive sort (as in, Link/Wireless/Online Battles), so it seems strange that you'd go through all that work designing movesets and applying EV spreads but still not eventually train the Pokemon to Level 100. I've heard about an "auto-level" feature in a few recent Pokemon games, though, so I woudl think that the feature discourages a lot of people from training Pokemon to Level 100 when the game can technically do it for them. :/

I usually use Rare Candies (if I happen to have them) right after a Level-Up, unless I'm saving them for a later purpose. My legendaries typically get trained to Level 100, especially due to being at high levels already (which really helps when I'm engaged in a battle with one of those annoying Trainers that I forgot I snuck past pre-Elite 4+Champion Defeat).

I haven't trained a Pokemon from Level 1 to Level 100 yet, lowest beginning level so far has been at least Level 5 (due to Generation 3 Eggs starting at Level 5); might have even been Level 2 or 3, possibly being one of those Hoenn Route 101 Pokemon...

Oh, and in b4 someone mentions "catching one of those Level 100 Magikarp in Platinum Version". :P

Last edited:

Lockdown

Doom in a can
Years
Mine was Blastoise on LG. I have been trading her to every game. When Emerald came out, I traded her to it. Diamond, traded her to it! Platinum, she was there, too. HG, again, traded. And she has stayed in Black (I never got BW2). I loved her very much, and still do today. I've used her so much, that if I could see the total EXP she has, it would be over 1,000,000,000, with more than 10,000 battles won, in LG alone. Total battles won would probably be around 500,000. She has Hydro Cannon, Flash Cannon, Focus Blast, and Earthquake.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I hate training to level 100. It's a pain in the butt. I have a bunch of Pokemon that are 70-90 between all my games, but I have only...5 or 6 level 100 Pokemon in total, I wanna say. And that's collectively, not all on one game.

Anyway, my first level 100 was CHICTOR the Blaziken in Ruby. I still have her and will be using her in my next Hall of Fame team in my challenge on Emerald. She's also the oldest Pokemon I have, from a Ruby file made in 2004. She has Toxic, Sky Uppercut, Slash, and Fire Blast. Not bad for 11 year old me, but I prefer Flamethrower. I would change it, but eh, it'd feel wrong to do that since it's had that for so long. I think I only did it for Beauty Contests anyway, now that I think back. And yes, her name is CHICTOR. All caps galore. v_v

Sirfetch’d

I have had quite a few that I have trained to level 100, but my first one was my Blastiose on Blue. It was the only Pokemon that I used on that game other than HM users(I was a noob).

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
When I was a kid, me and a friend trained level 100 teams to battle each other. My first team was on Pokémon Blue, I can't remember exactly which Pokémon I had, but I'm sure I had a Kabutops, a Ninetales, a Mewtwo, an Articuno... I don't remember the rest. I did it again in Yellow, and I'm sure my team had the four starters, but I don't remember the remaining two. We also did this for Gen 2 games. Yup, I spent a lot of time on training all level 100 teams :) .

In more recent news, I've been replaying Gen 3 for the last few weeks. I've been using Pokémon XD to level up some Pokémon I needed for single player by giving them an Exp Share and battling with Lugia and Dragonite on Mt. Battle. Soon enough, both Lugia and Dragonite grew to the level 100 :) . They're in my Emerald cart now.

Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2013
My Swampert in Pokemon Ruby.

She was my first ever Level 100 on any game.

Bwahaha identical to me! In fighting the elite 4 over and over using exp share to evolve other Pokemon He just naturally hit level100. I miss my Buddy :'( that's his name btw lol thought my salamence was lvl 87 I believe.

Back