• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In-Game Team Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
In-Game Team Help
This thread encompasses all in-game team help in BC, including questions and RMTs alike. If you have any questions, feel free to ask awolffromspace.

— Always include what Pokémon game your team is for.

— Do not ask questions concerning competitive team building.
Please use the Simple Questions & Answers thread instead. Competitive refers to battling other people online, while in-game refers to battling the in-game AI (i.e. Gym Leaders, Frontier Brains, etc.).

— Try to make the team yourself.
It is preferred that you finish your team using our Guides & Resources, then post it here. Even if you cannot come up with any movesets, just use Smogon's BW Pokédex as a reference.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2013
Looking for some opinions and suggestions on my FR and LG teams, remember please its only 3rd Gen. This is for the Final Four battle and beyond.

Blastiose
Surf
Ice Beam
Waterfall
Strength
Charizard
Fly
Flamethrower
Dragon Claw
Earthquake

Scyther (will evolve to Scizor)
Cut
Furry Cutter
Slash
Aerial Ace

Alakazam
Psybeam
Psychic
Hidden Power
Shadow Ball

Gengar
Secret Power
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball

Raichu
Thunderbolt
Dig
Brick Break
Shock Wave

Warship

異議あり!
Years
Looking for some opinions and suggestions on my FR and LG teams, remember please its only 3rd Gen. This is for the Final Four battle and beyond.

Blastiose
Surf
Ice Beam
Waterfall
Strength
Charizard
Fly
Flamethrower
Dragon Claw
Earthquake

Scyther (will evolve to Scizor)
Cut
Furry Cutter
Slash
Aerial Ace

Alakazam
Psybeam
Psychic
Hidden Power
Shadow Ball

Gengar
Secret Power
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball

Raichu
Thunderbolt
Dig
Brick Break
Shock Wave
i dont see anything wrong with your pokemon though i must say fury cutter on scyther and secret power on gengar arent the greatest moves you can find for them and neither is cut. first of all secret power, as a normal type move, uses gengars lacking physical attack stat and so is shadow ball (though shadow ball is ok for coverage and STAB) instead of secret power you can give it a crippling move like confuse ray (learned at lv.21) about scyther... cut can be viable if you dont want your way cut by a tiny tree but for battle its not very good and inferior to slash in every way. i'd recommend teaching it steel wing (taught via tm47 found in safari zone) for coverage or swords dance(lv.36) for attack boost. however note that fury cutter is even worse so try to replace it before cut. other than that you're good to go. hope i helped :)

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

I'd agree with the post above regarding Scyther. Swords Dance & Steel Wing over Cut & Fury Cutter

I would like to add that aside from being physically weak (stat-wise) to use it effectively, Alakazam would have not much benefits from having Shadow Ball alongside 2 psychic moves. Instead, I would recommend Ice Punch. Calm Mind could easily replace Psybeam as well for better sweeping potential.

Later on, once you don't need it anymore, you could even replace Blastoise's Strength with Earthquake. Not only is it stronger, but it also covers many types - including one of Blastoise's most potent weaknesses, Electric-types. Anything Earthquake couldn't reach could be easily taken down with Ice Beam.

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2013
Thank Guys, Helped a TON!!!

What I am going to do is give Gengar Giga Drain (since I already replaced confusion ray a while back) & replace Scyther furry cutter with steel wing. I also gave scyther hidden power which ended up being Water.

And there is no TM for Ice Punch in Gen. 3 so idk how to teach Alakazam that move :(

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2014
I am considering building this party, but I want some opinions to see if it would be good. (As in I have not actually built it yet.)
Game: Pokémon Black Version 2 (USA)

1) Heatran
-Moveset-
A. Magma Storm
B. Protect
C. Return
D. Overheat

2) Mew
-Moveset-
A. Outrage
B. Heat Wave
C. Synthesis
D. Hyper Beam

3) Regigigas
-Moveset-
A. Heavy Slam
B. Revenge
C. Drain Punch
D. Safeguard

4) Flygon
-Moveset-
A. Dragon Claw
B. Draco Meteor
C. Fissure
D. Screech

5) Raikou
-Moveset-
A. Thunder
B. Dig
C. Charge Beam
D. Hyper Beam

6) Articuno
-Moveset-
A. Sheer Cold
B. Ice Beam
C. Hurricane
D. Giga Impact

I tried to go for varied attack and pokemon types, and I feel like this party is good for that. Tell me your thoughts.

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
I'm replaying Pokemon Pearl and I'd really appreciate it if someone would review my team. I've just beaten Volkner and I'm about to make my way to Victory Road.

392.gif

Bruce Lee (m)
Current Level: 52
Nature: Hardy
Ability: Blaze
Current Moves:
Flame Wheel
Close Combat
Rock Climb
Rock Slide

445.gif

Jaws (m)
Current Level: 48
Nature: Brave
Ability: Sand Veil
Current Moves:
Dragon Claw
Dig
Fire Fang
Sandstorm

405f.gif

Elesa (f)
Current Level: 47
Nature: Lax
Ability: Intimidate
Current Moves:
Thunder Fang
Strength
Crunch
Flash

398.gif

Ace (m)
Nature: Hasty
Current Moves:
Fly
Aerial Ace
Close Combat
Defog (ugh)

423-east.gif

Slimer (m)
Current Level: 45
Nature: Serious
Ability: Sticky Hold
Current Moves:
Surf
Blizzard
Mud Bomb
Waterfall

437.gif

Quasimodo
Nature: Quirky
Ability: Levitate
Current Moves:
Gyro Ball
Extrasensory
SolarBeam
Rock Smash

Can anyone give me suggestions on movesets I can use before I take on the League? In particular, I want to get rid of Defog, Rock Smash and also possibly Flash and Waterfall.

Also, I'm still on the fence about my water type. I have a Level 40 Floatzel that I caught and trained from Valley Windworks. Which is better to use for my team, Gastrodon or Floatzel?

For reference, here is my Floatzel:

419.gif

I.M Weasel (m)
Current Level: 40
Ability: Swift Swim
Current Moves:
Surf
Ice Fang
Crunch
Waterfall

Last edited:

Comet7

Star of the show
Years
RoreyG, I would do this:

Infernape: Replace Flame Wheel with Flare Blitz or Flamethrower.
Garchomp: Replace Dig with Earthquake.
Luxray: Replace Flash with Iron Tail.
Staraptor: Replace Fly/Aerial Ace with Brave Bird. Flash could be replaced by Return or Giga Impact, the latter will OHKO about anything unresistant.
Gastrodon: I don't know much about him, but he looks fine.
Bronzong: Rock Smash with Shadow Ball for Lucian.
Floatzel is fine.

Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2013
Hey guys! I just recently got back into Pokemon again with Black 2. I played White 1, but am not that familiar with all the pokemon, and don't really know how to balance out my team all that well. My current team are a level 31 Zoroark, Level 30 Lucario, Level 32 Servine, level 31 Tranquil, and a Level 31 Magmar.

It may suck, but again I do not know too much about the Unova pokemon. I am just past the part where you finish the Driftveil tournament. Any input is helpful, so critique! Also, can anyone help me out and tell me a good move set for Zoroark? I can't seem to figure out a good one, currently I have Night Slash, Feint Attack, Fury Swipes, and Foul Play!

I don't need any help with the moves I have on my other Pokemon, only Zoroark!

Sirfetch’d

-Nasty Plot
-Dark Pulse
-Flamethrower
-Focus Blast

This set works well competitively and I'd assume that it would work well in game. Zoroark's special attack is slightly higher so I'd go with that set however since it is just ingame you can always go with a mixed set since you probably wont be worring over EVs and stuff

-Sucker Punch/Night Slash
-Dark Pulse
-Flamethrower
-Focus Blast

Warship

異議あり!
Years
I'm replaying Pokemon Pearl and I'd really appreciate it if someone would review my team. I've just beaten Volkner and I'm about to make my way to Victory Road.

392.gif

Bruce Lee (m)
Current Level: 52
Nature: Hardy
Ability: Blaze
Current Moves:
Flame Wheel
Close Combat
Rock Climb
Rock Slide

445.gif

Jaws (m)
Current Level: 48
Nature: Brave
Ability: Sand Veil
Current Moves:
Dragon Claw
Dig
Fire Fang
Sandstorm

405f.gif

Elesa (f)
Current Moves:
Thunder Fang
Strength
Crunch
Flash

398.gif

Ace (m)
Nature: Hasty
Current Moves:
Fly
Aerial Ace
Close Combat
Defog (ugh)

423-east.gif

Slimer (m)
Nature: Serious
Ability: Sticky Hold
Current Moves:
Surf
Blizzard
Mud Bomb
Waterfall

437.gif

Quasimodo
Nature: Quirky
Ability: Levitate
Current Moves:
Gyro Ball
Extrasensory
SolarBeam
Rock Smash

Can anyone give me suggestions on movesets I can use before I take on the League? In particular, I want to get rid of Defog, Rock Smash and also possibly Flash and Waterfall.

Also, I'm still on the fence about my water type. I have a Level 40 Floatzel that I caught and trained from Valley Windworks. Which is better to use for my team, Gastrodon or Floatzel?

For reference, here is my Floatzel:

419.gif

I.M Weasel (m)
Current Level: 40
Ability: Swift Swim
Current Moves:
Surf
Ice Fang
Crunch
Waterfall
basically what comet7 said. also i'd recommend Gastrodon since it has less weaknesses and as better def.

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2013
Hi,

So I just bought my fist copy of Pokemon Diamond, and since I've only played gen I and II, I don't quite know what pokemons that are good or not.

So I stay with a few old pokemons, and try some new, this is what I got so far:

Gengar
Spoiler:

Crobat
Spoiler:

Luxray
Spoiler:

Infernape
Spoiler:

Octillery
Spoiler:

Does theese five Pokemon look ok? Something you would change?
I also need one more pokemon, maby a HM slave? Any suggestion?

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

So I just bought my fist copy of Pokemon Diamond, and since I've only played gen I and II, I don't quite know what pokemons that are good or not.

So I stay with a few old pokemons, and try some new, this is what I got so far:

Gengar
Spoiler:

Crobat
Spoiler:

Luxray
Spoiler:

Infernape
Spoiler:

Octillery
Spoiler:

Does theese five Pokemon look ok? Something you would change?
I also need one more pokemon, maby a HM slave? Any suggestion?

For an ingame team this will work just fine :)

As for an HM slave I recommend Bibarel as it can use all 4 slots for HMs!

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2013
For an ingame team this will work just fine :)

As for an HM slave I recommend Bibarel as it can use all 4 slots for HMs!

Sweet, that what I wanted to hear!
But, since I already have gengar with thunderbolt, is luxray really nessesary then?
Maby I could switch luxray with another pokemon that would be more useful? Or maby just have four main pokemons and two bibarel hm slaves? Since bibarel can hold 7 of the HMs in the game. Although, I could give 3 of the hms to main pokemons, and then have another useful pokemon in my team. Any suggestion?

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2014
Hello, I have pokemon SoulSilver (But I also have HeartGold, Diamond and Platinum, if that helps) and I would like someone to valorate my team.
This is my team:

Typhlosion (Male, lvl 65, Quirky nature)
Dig
Flamethrower
Rock TombRock Smash

Dragonite (Female, lvl 55, Hasty nature)
Slam
Thunder wave
Dragon pulse
Fly

Mewtwo (Genderless, lvl 70, Hasty nature)
Psycho-cut
Drain punch
Thunderbolt
Shadow ball

Crobat (Female, lvl 32, Quiet nature)
Bite
Wing attack
Poison fang
Hyper beam

Snorlax (Female, lvl 50, Lonely nature)
Rock climb
Rollout
Crunch
Giga impact

Tentacruel AKA HM slave (Male, lvl 40, Hasty nature)
Cut
Surf
Whirlpool
Waterfall

So that is my team. I would like to add a gengar and maybe an scizor too, but I am not sure who to replace. If anyone could help me with that, it would be appreciated.

Infinite Latios

Champion
Years
Emerald Elite Four Help

I'm having a lot of trouble with the Elite Four in Emerald. This is my team, what edits can I make? Sidney leaves me battered and half-dead, and Phoebe completely annihilates me.

Dodrio
Mild Nature
Level 44 (Don't look at me like that, I intend to level it up some.)
Moves: Pursuit, Steel Wing, Tri Attack, Fly

Sceptile (I don't want to box this guy.)
Serious Nature
Level 43 (I also intend to level him up.)
Moves: Rock Smash, Cut, Leaf Blade, Flash (Only reason I taught him Flash was to get through Victory Road.)

Cradily (I'd like to keep him too.)
Hasty Nature (I know, bad nature for a Cradily, but I can't get another one.)
Level 43 (Again, I intend to level it up.)
Moves: Earthquake, Toxic, Substitute, Giga Drain (he's a great staller.)

Marill (I think I need to get rid of him. Please give me a suggestion to replace Marill.)
Quirky Nature
Level 8 (It's my HM slave, what do you expect?)

Walrein
Impish Nature
Level 50
Moves: Surf, Blizzard, Hail, Protect

Salamence
Bold Nature
Level 51 (I specifically trained him ahead of the others just to get him to be a Salamence. He's a beast though.)
Moves: Aerial Ace, Iron Tail, Fire Blast, Dragon Claw

I'm well aware of my team's glaring Ice weakness, so please help me rectify that. If Sidney leaves me half-dead and Phoebe destroys me, Glacia is going to be... difficult.

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
Years
Well first, You're pretty underlevelled. The champion's strongest pokémon is a Level 58 Milotic so you'll definitely want all of your pokémon to be in the 50s, probably close to 60s due to your weakness to Ice.

I would suggest ditching Marill and picking up a Lairon in victory road. You can get a low 40s level Lairon fairly easily in Victory Road. Then evolve it into an Aggron.

I'd recommend:

Aggron
Brave Nature
Level 50+
  • Thunderbolt (TM24)
  • Ice Beam (TM13)
  • Brick Break (TM31)
  • Earthquake (TM26) or Iron Tail (TM23)

Brick Break will easily handle Dark and Ice types. Not to mention Aggron is resistant to Ice. Thunderbolt will help with Water and Flying types, but Aggron is weak to water types so watch out for that (A lot of the ice types can learn water type moves as well so be careful). And then Earthquake gives you a solid, powerful phsyical attack to go with Aggrons high attack stat, or if you already used the Earthquake TM (I think you did on Cradily), you can go with Iron Tail. It's strong, gets a STAB bonus, but it's also inaccurate. .

At level 47, Dodrio learns Drill Peck (80 Power), which is stronger than Fly (70 power), so go to the Move Deleter in Lilycove and delete Fly and replace it with Drill Peck. Definitely keep pursuit because that will help against Pheeobe's Ghost types. I don't really know what else you can do with him.

New moveset:
  • Pursuit
  • Steel Wing
  • Tri Attack
  • Drill Peck

Sceptile needs some serious work with his moveset. Leaf Blade is good, but everything else has got to go. Teach him Dragon Claw through TM02, because this will help against Drake's Dragon Type team (along with Aggron's Ice Beam). I would replace Cut with Solar Beam. Assuming Sceptile can take a hit, it'll be good for OHKOing Wallace's water types. Then give Sceptile Toxic as well, as this will badly poison enemy pokémon, giving a bit of an edge. You could also go with Strenght, since it's a decent attack.

So Sceptile's new moveset could be:
  • Leaf Blade
  • Dragon Claw (TM02)
  • Giga Drain (TM19)
  • Toxic (TM06) or Strength

I think Cradily and Salamence should be alright. They've got solid movesets. Just level them up and they should be good to go. There's also not a whole lot you can do with Walrein either. Sorry if I suggested TMs you've already used. Idk what items you have and which one's you don't :P Hopefully my suggestions will help a little. Good luck! :D

Infinite Latios

Champion
Years
Thanks for the help. I have used most of those TMs already, but Salamence and Cradily have them. Cradily is excellent at eroding the enemy's HP with its moveset, and Salamence is just an all out attacker. I've decided to give Sceptile Dynamicpunch, Strength like you said, and Protect. Aggron has Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Flamethrower, and Hyper Beam, since I've used every one-of-a-kind TM you suggested (but again, they're on my most reliable pokemon). And they're all level 56. Does that sound good enough?

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
Years
Thanks for the help. I have used most of those TMs already, but Salamence and Cradily have them. Cradily is excellent at eroding the enemy's HP with its moveset, and Salamence is just an all out attacker. I've decided to give Sceptile Dynamicpunch, Strength like you said, and Protect. Aggron has Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Flamethrower, and Hyper Beam, since I've used every one-of-a-kind TM you suggested (but again, they're on my most reliable pokemon). And they're all level 56. Does that sound good enough?

Ah sorry about that. =/ But I would say you've got a good shot now. It might take quite a few revives and potions, but you should be able to make it through. Type matching is everything when it comes to the Elite 4, and you're pretty well setup, so I think you can do it! :D

Infinite Latios

Champion
Years
Thanks. And I got Aggron an even better moveset. Roar, in case it encounters something too difficult, Iron Tail, which it actually learns by level up, so I shouldn't have been so careless, Metal Sound, for opponents who can tank Special attacks from Salamence, Sceptile, and Cradily, and finally, Thunderbolt, which is for Wallace and only to be used when a Pokemon has been weakened with Metal Sound. Does that sound better than before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back