• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

conorconor

the faithful
Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2012
verry funky

I have been playing roms for a year and a half fbut stopped for a bit. I deleted a lot of em including the ever so famous pkmn quartz. i wanted to play it again so i dled the rar thingy of quartz and a ruby gba file from 4 shared i use lunar ips use the quartz thing then the ruby rom but when i play it its still ruby help i use vista btw

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I have been playing roms for a year and a half fbut stopped for a bit. I deleted a lot of em including the ever so famous pkmn quartz. i wanted to play it again so i dled the rar thingy of quartz and a ruby gba file from 4 shared i use lunar ips use the quartz thing then the ruby rom but when i play it its still ruby help i use vista btw
Have you extracted the files from the rar file?
If not then it won't work.

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2010
Every time I try to open PKMN Heart Gold for No$GBA it just says 'Cartridge Not Found'.

I already have a thread pending concerning this matter.

Help would be appreciated!

:)

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
I do hope you don't think that GBA ROMs speed up over 400%... 400% is maximum.
I dont think it even goes up to that.....Those percent numbers up at the top barely even hit 100 for GBA ROMs, let alone 400....

EDIT: If there is a way to crank the speed up for GBA Pokemon ROMS to the supposed 400%, I havent found it yet. Not even the Throttle thing works...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2010
I'm playing Pokemon Genesis, and I saved, and now it goes threw what I did, and just after showing me fight my rival, no$gba tells me "no4$gba fatal The rom image has crashed". So I looked here and went and downloaded DeSmuMe but I dunno how to install it. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I'm playing Pokemon Genesis, and I saved, and now it goes threw what I did, and just after showing me fight my rival, no$gba tells me "no4$gba fatal The rom image has crashed". So I looked here and went and downloaded DeSmuMe but I dunno how to install it. Any help would be very much appreciated.
Stop using DS emulators for III gen games and use VBA ;)

XCHAMPX

Nazi 4 life!
Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2010
I'm a new noob when it come emulators and such but since so many people are into them I was wondering. Whats the benefits of them and what are they all about?

XCHAMPX

Nazi 4 life!
Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2010
cool cool. and from my understanding u must download an emulator first before getting specific games. correct?

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
OK, this is a bit of a follow-up to my problems with speed for GBA ROMs. I went looking through the VBA Folder and found the Configuration Settings file and opened it. Is there something in there that I can modify to increase the base speed of the ROM?

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
Anybody have a recommendation for a reliable GBA and DS emulator? I've been out of the loop for too long, and I would like to try some of these Poke-hacks you guys have made.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
Anybody have a recommendation for a reliable GBA and DS emulator? I've been out of the loop for too long, and I would like to try some of these Poke-hacks you guys have made.
VBA and DesMuME are the most recommended out there. I suppose I can't link you, though. You can search yourself, they're easy to find.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
That's fine, I found VBA, thank you kindly.
Got the hacks working on my PC. Now I just need to figure out how to put them on a flash card. I bought one a while back to use it as an MP3 player, but ended up buying a DSi, rendering it useless. Now I have a use for it. Haha : D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2010
I'm actually new to VBA/links and was wondering how do i find people to trade with. i have 2 networks of my own Pokemonforever22 and pokestars. I have found one person to trade with so far that's it. I'm using hamachi.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
You think?
I mean DeSmuME is good for new games but for old you can use No$GBA, since it's a bit quicker then DeSmuME even if both of them have "speed glitch".
I was considering DeSmuME as an NDS emulator, not recommending it for older games, as vba is for that matter.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
I am having trouble with the NO$GBA Emulator. Everytime I click to open it, it tries to open up like a Rom file and wants me to open it up with something else. How do I fix this?

Back