• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Scyther/Scizor Drabbles

bobandbill

one more time
Years
My entries for the Writer's Dex for Scyther and Scizor. Kinda late (cough), but better that then never I suppose. Any thoughts, do share please.

Misleading Appearances

The trainer stared at the green Pokémon. He had been warned about this one. Posters were sprawled over the local Pokémon Centre. The Green Menace, they had declared. Do not approach.

But it hardly seemed menacing. It had a grin brighter than the sun, and was behaving rather playfully. Just because it had scythes for arms didn't mean it was aggressive.

The trainer shook his head and returned the grin, offering the Scyther a piece of his lunch. It quickly accepted and swallowed the food. It then chirped and widely stretched its limbs out.

Aww, he's giving me a hug-

bobandbill

one more time
Years
And Scizor's!

Trade-offs

The Scizor gazed at the others, slicing through the air above the treetops. Before, he was one of the first ones there, impressing with twists and turns.

It breathed in and grunted, beating his steel wings together. They clunked and gnashed in protest, lifting him a few lame feet into the air before it became too much to sustain.

He cried out and threw a heavy limb at a tree trunk, only to see his arm smash through the wood rather than slice it. The Scizor stared at his pincer, and at length nodded before lumbering towards another tree trunk.

Years
That first one really tickled me at the end haha

As for the second one you create an excellent idea of what it must be like for a newly evolved pokemon in so few words.

Thoroughly enjoyed them both despite being so short

Lowstah

bobandbill

one more time
Years
That first one really tickled me at the end haha

As for the second one you create an excellent idea of what it must be like for a newly evolved pokemon in so few words.

Thoroughly enjoyed them both despite being so short

Lowstah
Thank you for your comments! =)

Glad that the first one amused. Sort of an old idea I had, from the whole Pokemon-follow-you feature in HGSS. Talking with pokes prompts lines like '____ gave you a hug!', which... doesn't work for some Pokémon, haha.

And especially glad to hear the second, trying to be more concise like that (e.g. with description) is something I've been trying to get a handle of with these drabbles, and I had much less to fiddle around with this time around. So it's good to hear it turned out well according to someone else! =D

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Whoops, missed your comment! Thanks, mangamusicfan. I think I enjoyed the 2nd one as well more than the first in how it turned out, although I am usually more partial to comedy...

Back