• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Lightning Yellow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
Pokémon Lightning Yellow

This is the hack that Red abandoned. And yes, anyone had permission to continue it. He even said so. If you went to the scapbox and saw someone already reviving it, just note that I was working on this since February. But they still have the right to continue. Anyways...

Hack name:

PKMN_Lightning_Yellow.jpg

Hack of:
badge-firered.png

Story:

You wake up in the morning on your tenth birthday and walk outside into the grass. Prof. Oak comes out to remind you to get a Pokemon, but a wild Pikachu attacks. He captures it and takes you to the lab. Your rival takes the Pokemon on the table before you could, so the prof. gives you the Pikachu. The rest of the story is basically like FR, except you can obtain the three starters and travel to the Orange Islands.

In Lightning Yellow DeluXe (DX), you have to do some things the hard way (ex: capture your 3 starters). But you can travel to a couple of places where you can't go in the original LY. There are also some harder battles. You will meet some of my friends, enemies, rivals, and sister (taking form as an evil Raichu XD - see attachment). Other than that, there are no differences.

Features:

:t025: Start with Pikachu
:t025: All 9 starters obtainable
:t025: Travel to the Orange Islands
:t025: Pikachu cry on title screen
:t025: Battle Jessie and James
:t243: And a few more things I can't remember right now.

Bugs/glitches/oddities:

:t292: Oak's back sprite is ugly.
:t292: In the beginning, there is a weedle instead of Pikachu.

Screenshots:

titlescreen.png
capture.png
dumb.png
intro.png
Oak.png
battle.png
trash.png
card.png
bike.png

Screens in DX:

bub.png
cave.png

Support Lightning Yellow!

light5891529795iazase4.png

by ??? (I'll find out later who made this)

HTML:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=140760"][img]http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7789/light5891529795iazase4.png[/img][/URL]

What's needed:
red = urgent
blue = kind of
green = very little
crossed out = not anymore

Scripter (partly inserting)
Trainer editor
Mapper for new areas

Credits:

Red - for the head start
Serg!o - for the Ash trainer card sprite

Team:

Me (dragoon3) - for spriting Ash, adding events, editing trainers, etc.
cjerian - mapper for Orange Islands
Salamance09 - new beta tester
yinyangmatrix - beta tester
grenadesonfire - ideas, main beta tester

NOTICE!

I will not post the beta for DX yet because there are too many incomplete areas all over the place and is unorganized. If you want to play it, it is on my website. Click on my username. Then select 'Visit home page!'

I do not recommend that you play past Vermilion. I still need to add events in the later areas.

Lightning Yellow beta 0.18 is under the Raichu pics.

BETA 0.19 is out!

What's new? It's a very small update with the Bulbasaur script and a couple more things I don't remember. Enjoy! (This does not count as the official second release!)

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
how awesome. :3
nice hack ya got.

keep things up, I liked the way the prof caught you a pokemon, though the backsprite needs more fixing though, but oh well... :)

will there be new events..? :\

Meadow

Years
how awesome. :3
nice hack ya got.

keep things up, I liked the way the prof caught you a pokemon, though the backsprite needs more fixing though, but oh well... :)

will there be new events..? :\

Yes, there will be new events in the Orange Islands. And just so you know Moltres was moved to his location in PKMN Yellow.

Meadow

Years
Please report any bugs/glitches you find.:badsmile:

Last edited:

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 27, 2011
Cool, in this game you actually get to be Ash, instead of a game character hybrid of Ash Ketchum and the hero from Pokémon Red.

Also, you need some shading on your back sprites, but it's not that important.

Meadow

Years
Cool, in this game you actually get to be Ash, instead of a game character hybrid of Ash Ketchum and the hero from Pokémon Red.

Also, you need some shading on your back sprites, but it's not that important.

Yeah, I'm actually going to redo the sprites.

Meadow

Years
Okay, people. Here's a sneak preview of the Orange Islands in Lightning Yellow. Check the atachments. The guy you are battling is someone I know on youtube. And he wants take over the world. Watch out, he has all level 90 Pokemon!

*unlike the rest of my friends/enemies/sister, he comes in both DX and original.

PLEASE POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU WANT TO BE ADDED TO THE HACK!!! (in DX)

EDIT: NO MORE CHARACTER RESERVATIONS!!!

Last edited:

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
Bugs:
1. The pikachu sprite on the title screen shines beforehand as a charizard still.
2. The "Lightning Yellow" really doesn't fit in with the rest of the title.
3. Ash's clothing in the Professor Oak scene has flat shading and colour glitches.
4. Oak's hair and clothes also have flat shading in battle - get a good spriter on tough jobs like that.
5. The rival does not have a type advantage
6. The waterfall in the screenshot is a massive tiling error, and they aren't meant to be accessed directly from land.

Constructive criticism for the day is just about... done.

FinalEclipse

Learning to be a Tile Artist
Years
Bugs:
1. The pikachu sprite on the title screen shines beforehand as a charizard still.
2. The "Lightning Yellow" really doesn't fit in with the rest of the title.
3. Ash's clothing in the Professor Oak scene has flat shading and colour glitches.
4. Oak's hair and clothes also have flat shading in battle - get a good spriter on tough jobs like that.
5. The rival does not have a type advantage
6. The waterfall in the screenshot is a massive tiling error, and they aren't meant to be accessed directly from land.

Constructive criticism for the day is just about... done.

first of all the rival doesn't have a type advantage because it is a yellow remake and in yellow gary doesn't get a type advantage

i would love to become a trainer in this hack just make me "PSYCHIC Aurionsx6"

score_under

Years
Lol, reporting all those things is going to make my trainer a "bug catcher" >.<

Anyway, yeah. I'd like to have my moment of [sh/f]ame. Score_Under's the name, a space is acceptable, but custom charsets rock.

Meadow

Years
Okay, AurionsX6, I added you. I sent you a PM with screens as well. As for you score_under, do you want to be a bug catcher, an OVER-LORD, or something else?

Last edited:

score_under

Years
Okay, AurionXs6, I added you. I sent you a PM with screens as well. As for you score_under, do you want to be a bug catcher, an OVER-LORD, or something else?
I was joking about the bug catcher :D Bug pokémon, sadly, are not my favourites (to say the least)!
Anyway, you can choose what type to make the trainer (how about KINDLER or GAMER?) but I'd love to have fire- and electric- type pokémon in my party!

Raiph

I Wish I Had A Wing...
Years
Make me anything but a bug catcher. Like a cooltrainer. i'd want a psychic pkmn team. Thx alot XD.

Btw u need a scripter? Im basic at it and im still new and i could help u if sum1 could teach me better.

Meadow

Years
Okay, okay. 10 more reservations. As for you score_under, you're complete (you are a kindler).

Now I am revealing Moltres's location! If you do not recognize that place, then too bad. See the attachment for his location!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back