• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RMXP] Pokemon Plasma Crystal

Years
70075760.png

~Intro:
You completed your Sinnoh quest and decided to head for new locations in seek of new Pokemon and adventure.
Just as the thought hits your brain, Prof.Rowan Asks if we'd go to the Jhoto Region in order to get a Mysterious Pokeball, the GS Ball from Prof.Elm so we decide to visit the new location.

johtomapbypokemondiamon.png

Leave New Bark, you'll head off to the next town and fight the first Gym- the bird's gym.

johtogymleaderspritesby.png

All trainers' Pokémon are all bird of flying type. Therefore, it's incredibly hard for you if your first Pokémon is Chikorita. Plant type is week against flying. Your Chikorita will be blown up just after being hit by Peck or even Wing attack as well as gust, all flying-air moves. As well as this, your plant moves are not very effective to fight Pidgey or Pidgeotto. It would be much easier with the other two because those birds Pokémon can't take advantage over yours. Only way to fix this with Chikorita is to train it as strong as possible or get potions fill in your bags. Pokémon's type is very important in the fight. Fire is week against water, water is week against plant or electric, plant is week against ice but ice can be easily beaten by fire… It's a full circle so the thing is to control your Pokémon properly not choosing and replacing them all the time. However, you can't just use only one first Pokémon; sure it will be boring and harder. "Gotta catch'em all"!!! Wild Pokémon can be seen in tall grass, in a dark cave, on a lake, on the sea or even under water (by using fishing rod). If defeat them, you'll gain some experience to level up. If you like them so catch them and train them to be one of your great Pokémon or just send them home for researching purpose. You can only bring at most 6 Pokémon with you at the time, all the rest must be sent back to the box in professor lab.
Catching a Pokémon is not so hard but it requires great timing. Trainer can't just throw the ball at them right after seeing them; you'll have to wait…forever. Mostly, it's impossible to catch them that way (unless with those beginner Pokémon lv2 to lv5). As a real Pokémon trainer, you have to show them how is your controlling ability as well as your potential strength by…nearly defeat them. Which means, when their health point reach red and they are sleeping, paralysed, burned or frozen, it's a great time to get them in your Pokéball. Level of ball you are using is also important, lowest may be pokeball, higher we got great ball and then ultra ball, the highest one is master ball. Each ball has higher catching rate than the one stand before. Master ball is the last so its rate is 100%, no miss but very rare,even can't buy it in shop. Therefore, you'd better keep it for legendary Pokémon like Entei, Suicune, Raikou those who always running around. In addition, there are some other kinds of ball, are hand-made by a man named Kurt. After completing the mission to rescue Slowpokes from the hand of Rocket team, you can make order to Kurt and bring him Apricorn, he'll give you 7 kinds of ball:

>White Apricorn: Fast ball- use for Pokémon with high speed/ agility like Rattata or Pikachu and other electric Pokémon.
>Black Apricorn: Heavy ball- especially effective with Pokémon who have huge size (usually go with high health point) like Snorlax, Lapras…
>Red Apricorn: Level ball- use for Pokémon that are way weaker than you (they might be faint after only one hit, even the slightest). This is very good to fill out your blank pokedex afterward. Saving lots of time, catching rate is about 90%.
>Green Apricorn: Friend ball- use to catch Pokémon that will evolve by friendship. Raising friendship between trainer and Pokémon much faster. Those special Pokémon are Pichu-evolves to Pikachu, Togepi (Pokémon in the egg) evolves to Togetic, Eevee evolves to Espeon at day time and Umbreon in night time, and so on.
>Blue Apricorn: Lure ball, use to catch water-type pokemon like Crabby, Kingler, Seaking, Seadra…and in my experience, especially effective to catch Lugia…god of the sea-legendary Pokemon.
>Pink Apricorn: Love ball- probably just like Friend ball…or just for show.
>Yellow Apricorn: Moon ball- Not so sure but may be for Pokémon that are related to moon stone like Clefairy, Jigglipuff, Teddiusar or Usaring.

~Features:
Code:
All Pokemon Available
Following Starter Pokemon!!
New Battle System
All Sinnoh sprites
Cool new music
Various events
Also, The hunger factor
Hunger Factor:If the player does not eat and continues playing the game, then the only result will be Fainting so Cafes and Inn's are located at all places so be sure to stock some food too!!

~Kewl Badgez
Spoiler:

~Help Needed!!!
Code:
Needed Help:
Experienced Scripters for the new battle system and Hunger system [2]
Custom Tile Makers[1]  
Mappers[1]
Event Makers[1]
To apply just post your application with your proof and a Msn id of yours!!

Screens:
Spoiler:

Untold Legends Await your arrival.....

Last edited:

Birdybot

-insert witty phrase here-
Years
I think you mean Grass types, not Plant types...

Anyway, this looks quite good, potentially. I would reckomend Kyledove's tiles. They're somewhere in the 'Pixel Projects' section. I take it you need a bit of a storyline?

Years
You don't seem to have thoroughly researched the Apricorns. A quick look on Bulbapedia would tell you that the Lure ball is only effective if the Pokémon is hooked on a rod (so wouldn't be as good against Lugia) and the Love Ball works best if the wild Pokémon is the opposite gender to yours. Also, the catch rates are listed if you want to get that info.

Apart from that, this looks promising, but unoriginal. The plot is the same as G/S/C so far, I've seen the hunger factor before, and the Pokémon following you is the new craze at the moment. So, I think you should work on your plot (and I don't mean write out the rest of the Johto story - think of some new ideas) and start working with Essentials. People will be more likely to work with you if you can prove you have talent in one area or another.

Birdybot

Years
I love Pokémon following you! I'm trying to get it in a game I'm making, but I haven't been able too. -is a terrible scripter-

Lemme see. Possibly you haven't beaten Sinnoh, you just live there. Maybe your parents are friends with Prof. Rowan, and he takes you on a trip to Jhoto with him to visit Elm and give him the GS ball. You go out to explore New Bark town, and when you come back, -insert new evil team here- have kidnapped Rowan! Elm gives you either Chikorita, Totodile or Cyndaquil and you start your quest to rescue Rowan. I have two ideas as to what happens after that.

Idea 1;
You don't rescue Rowan till the end of the game, where -evil team- are trying to use his knowledge to capture all the legendary Pokémon. Elm tells you to take on the gyms and elite four, though, to toughen your Pokémon up. As you go along, you meet various grunts from the team and find clues to help you.

Idea 2;
Rowan is rescued right away, and he thinks you are a natural Pokémon trainer. He gives you a Pokédex and tells you to go and become the best trainer ever.

Birdybot

Years
Does the caterpillar script work for you? The only ones I've seen don't work on Pokémon games. -jealous of script-

Vednix

:D
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2010
Heh. Let's see here.

First off, your new bark town is too plain. I know that in the old G/S/C they were plain, but at that time they couldn't get very complicated with the amps. However, you can. Try to spruce up the place. If this is taken after sinnoh, then I would expect Johto to have changed.

Your Gym leaders. Well, they aren't great. Claire's hair is too rigid and the cape is WAY to shaded and pillow shaded to match the rest of the sprite. You need to make the gym leaders more Pokemin-ish, as the shading isnt right, and spruce up the maps befroe this can be called a good game.

Years
Heh. Let's see here.

First off, your new bark town is too plain. I know that in the old G/S/C they were plain, but at that time they couldn't get very complicated with the maps. However, you can. Try to spruce up the place. If this is taken after sinnoh, then I would expect Johto to have changed.

Your Gym leaders. Well, they aren't great. Claire's hair is too rigid and the cape is WAY to shaded and pillow shaded to match the rest of the sprite. You need to make the gym leaders more Pokemin-ish, as the shading isnt right, and spruce up the maps befroe this can be called a good game.
I think that its better to leave Jhoto the way it is 'cause our rival is Gold basically, we visit Jhoto when Gold just starts his journey.So this is not the future but the original Jhoto.

About the Gym leaders, I didn't make'em need someone to.I just googled it and got it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Well, before using random things you find on the internet, wouldn't it be better to get permission?

So far, it looks exactly like G/S. The story reads like a walkthrough; it does nothing to make us interested in the game. We don't want to know about type effectiveness and how to catch Pokémon; we want to know what happens in the story.
To be honest, the entire game looks really bland and mediocre. There is nothing new there that interests me; the hunger system looks like it would just get in the way. When I'm playing Pokémon, I don't want to waste time worrying about whether my character is hungry :\

Oh, and 'untold legends await you'? I've played G/S/C before; I already know the story. 'Untold' my foot.

T3h Kaiser

Jovial Fool
Years
So far, it looks exactly like G/S. The story reads like a walkthrough; it does nothing to make us interested in the game. We don't want to know about type effectiveness and how to catch Pokémon; we want to know what happens in the story.
To be honest, the entire game looks really bland and mediocre.

Oh, and 'untold legends await you'? I've played G/S/C before; I already know the story. 'Untold' my foot.

Not to mention the fact that Nintendo sort of beat him to the punch on remaking G/S/C...

There is nothing new there that interests me; the hunger system looks like it would just get in the way. When I'm playing Pokémon, I don't want to waste time worrying about whether my character is hungry :\

It works in other games, but I agree; the idea of adding a Hunger Factor to Pokémon of all things always struck me as a bit silly. Slows down the pacing.

Really, I'm just curious why your aim is here. You seem too busy talking about acorns and type advantages to explain why we should be interested in playing through G/S/C again... especially with HG/SS on the horizon.

●•ΛΣЯӨЩ•● said:
New Battle System
Cool new music
Various events

Why not go into further detail about some of this?

Birdybot

Years
Yeah, you ought to make it interesting and different. I personally think the hunger factor would be majorly annoying, and if I were playing it my character would probably faint the whole time. Some interesting new storyline would be nice, and perhaps some new areas, new gym leaders and stuff. A game that's exactly the same is BOR-ING!

Hopefully you'll think of something. I normally think of plots on the loo. If that helps. Basically, you just need to take a moment to think about a new plot. What would you want in a Pokémon game? To keep having to go back to a cafe so you don't faint? No. Legendaries? Probably.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
The game looks great, but your NewBark Town Map could use some work. If you want I could map it for you, but it just looks too crowded. The Player's Room looks really good! Keep it up, I would like to see some progress in the future.

Back