• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite video game villains

TY

Who are your favorite video game villains and why?

For me, i really love Kane from the C&C series. You think he's dead, but then all of a sudden you get a transmission and boom: Kane appears and says its all going as he planned to. He thinks what he does is right and sees himself as the "Messiah". Kane is by far my most favorite villain with Vaas from Far Cry 3 as second.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
Vaas too from fry cry 3 and joker from Batman Arkam Asylum. Both are quite mean and crazy

Outlier

Big Boss, Kazuya, Cortex. That guy from The Last Of Us, I don't even need to name him you know who I'm talking about. I've never felt so tense and uncomfortable in a video game before.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
The first one that comes to mind is Raul Menendez from Black Ops II.

A man pushed over the edge by warfare, the loss of his sister had forced his hand to destroy both America and the world.

Such a devious son of a gun... He was always one step ahead. He taunted J-SOC and the world letting you think; "Oh no, you got me!" ... *laugh* Just want he wanted guys... just what he wanted.

He was incredibly excellent at psychological warfare. Truly the most villainous person I've played against to-date.

Raul Menendez in 1989 said:
You're best friend
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Lord Scalgon

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
Years
Let's see here...

• Adolf Hitler (Wolfenstein 3D)
  • Cyberdemon (Doom)
  • Lucifer (Descent: Freespace series)
  • Sathanas (Descent: Freespace series)
  • Tichondrius (Warcraft series)
  • Archimonde (Warcraft series)
  • Alduin (Skyrim)

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Probably Gilgamesh from Final Fantasy V he was a real cliche villain with no real motives other than being pure evil along with Kefka though he was funny.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
My man Hades
The+Hades+in+Kid+Icarus+is+also+quite+like+that+_31146436c0247fdd4c064e51f368c057.jpg

Honorable mentions to these guys
Nintendo-characters-games-art-mike-tyson-mr-sandman.jpg

Mr. Sandman

Big_Boss_PW.jpg

Big Boss

DR_NEO-WorldGrab.jpg

Dr. Neo Cortex

karma-tsktsk.gif

Manfred von Karma

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I would have to say Haytham Kenway from AC3 to name one. Unlike some of the other villains I encountered I felt sympathetic towards the reasons for his plight, all in all it felt like he was a well intentioned extremist if anything at the very least to me personally there.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
No GLaDOS? Really? She's one of the most witty, memorable villains of any game I've ever played, and the backstory and development given to her in Portal 2 was great...even if the resolution of that was absolutely hilarious. Everything she says in both games is golden.

She might not be the toughest - her boss fight was a joke - but to me she's at least the most memorable villain of this past generation of games.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
It's a tie between The Illusive Man from Mass Effect and [S-HIGHLIGHT]Gravemind[/S-HIGHLIGHT] from Halo. They're both mysterious in their ways, they both pull strings and manipulate others, and they're both very cunning and wise.

I must be an imbecile for forgetting good ol' Gravemind.

Gravemind said:
I have waited through rock and metal and time...

Very cool villain indeed, a timeless curse.

Kirschwasser

Knight of Selphia
Years
My five favorite villains are:

1. Golbez from Final Fantasy IV (because he's not too bad once he's freed from his "Master")

golbez.gif

2. Garland (the Dissidia Final Fantasy incarnation) (because he literally knocks everyone down)

garland_final-fantasy_pictureboxart_160w.jpg

3. Slival from Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (even though he's more of an anti-hero)(becuase he's both adorable and tough)

100px-142,612,0,469-Slival.png

4. Bosch 1/64 from Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter (becuase of his sad backstory)

130px-0,297,8,271-Bosch_3d.png

and

5. Travant from Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War (because he was a well-intentioned extremist...)

54862.gif

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Ares from God of War.
Dimentio and Count Bleck from Super Paper Mario.
Lionheart from Brutal Legend.
Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Oh gods, I loved Hades from Kid Icarus Uprising; so witty and hilarious! Playing against him is a different story though. XD He's actually a really tough final boss if you've played him on the highest difficulty, what with his purple lasers of DEATH and his blue blobs of DESTRUCTION, but he's fun to try and beat anyhow!

Keitaro

Urashima
Years
Probably Gilgamesh from Final Fantasy V he was a real cliche villain with no real motives other than being pure evil along with Kefka though he was funny.

Agree 100% on both if you can class Gilgamesh as a villian. Personally I feel he is more hero than villian, since really he's just a treasure hunter that was under the influence of X-Death. I shouldn't have to state much on Kefka, he's just all that and more you can ask for in a villian.

I also like Ganon/Ganondorf. And Shao Khan always gets honorble mention from me since he's awesome in all sense of the word! "You suck!" -SK

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I love Demise, personally. He's got quite an intimidating look (which is perfect for a villain like him), and he was pretty hard to battle against as well. In my first run of Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, it took me about a week to get him finally beaten. Also, rumor has it that he reincarnates into Ganondorf, which, to me, sounds pretty awesome. :]

PMG

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
I almost feel like this is such a generic thing to say, but I really think Bowser is such a great villain, especially in the more recent games that have been coming out. He just so much personality, so much power, and every fight against him is always so intense and awesome.

Kefka's been mentioned before, but I'm mentioning him again. The guy's great. As a villain I mean, I certainly wouldn't want to hang out with the guy. He's crazy, he's hilarious, and his design is so ridiculous it's hard to take him seriously. I also like that he starts fairly weak, pathetic even, but then he slowly gains power kind of like the player characters. And then of course there's that beautiful final battle, being all Dante's Inferno-y. I mean yeah the guy's pretty easy to beat but everything else about the fight is great.

Back