• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen "A Punch Filled with Destructive Power!"

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
Did you get Mega Punch or Kick to help you beat Misty? How long did you keep it on your Pokemon?

I normally did, but this time around I figured I wouldn't since I had a team that could beat Misty pretty easily. However, when I did my Charizard Solo run it was a necessity to get both of these.

Now that I think about it. If you got a Clefairy in Mt. Moon Mega Punch could be an awesome attack for it.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I usually skip out on them because either a) I don't have a Pokemon that can learn it or b) because I don't like those moves very much.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I thought one of these moves (can't remember which) to Charmeleon in FireRed, and yes, it certainly helped defeating Misty. :] In LeafGreen though, I didn't bother teaching these attacks to anyone.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
I used Mega kick and Mega punch both. I mostly used to teach Mega kick Pikachu or any other Pokemon. I didn't teach Mega kick to any my starter as Mega kick is only 5 pps move. And its fast enough to be gone in a minute. So i barely teach my starter a Mega punch as it has 10 or 15 pp. And yes i used it against Misty. I forgot if it work well or not though :P

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
I taught mega kick to charmeleon and use pikachu just for its electric against misty!

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Actually skipped on it. I'm more on leveling or evolving my starter to 2nd evolution before battling the 1st gym. So the winning rate would be 100%.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
Oh yes, I remember :3
I used to have a Pikachu (later Raichu) in my team 90% of the time, so I would teach her Mega Punch as an extra move to kick ass in Misty's gym :3 If my Pikachu would faint in battle, I always had my Nidoqueen at hand to use Mega Kick! :3

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I always put one of those moves on one of my Pokemon that can learn them. An 80 base attack power before the 2nd gym is really strong, so why not? :P (I'm talking about Mega Punch, ofc)

I've used Mega Punch more than Mega Kick because more Pokemon are able to use that attack than Mega Kick.

tobyjoey

place text here
Years
Both? I usually have a nido-evolution and my starter, so I would teach mega punch to one and mega kick to another. Out of the two, I do prefer Mega Punch, though. Mega Kick misses quite a bit.

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
Years
it depends solely upon the pokemon in my party and their ability to learn such a move. MOST IMPORTANTLY, I take accuracy and power into the decision. Needless to say, I almost always choose Mega Punch. Mega Kick is more or less pointless.

On a personal note, Ive always thought those two moves should be replaced with special attacks like Fire Pun, Electric punch, Ice punch. All I'm saying is those two helpful NPCs there could at least be teaching us more skillful moves.

Humble Hook

Because the Hook brings you back ~
Years
  • Age 30
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 16, 2016
I come back around to this guy for both when i have my full Nido evo.
Other than that i just through Mega Punch on whoever wants it.

Back