• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who remembers Pokemon Stadium 2???

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Stadium should definitely be on the Wii-U. Pokemon Stadium is probably one of my favorite spin-offs of the whole series. It's really sad that they didn't do more than 2 :(

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
@Cerberus87 - Oh, yes you're so right. Way back when I remembered that bit of trivia. Well, guess in that case most of us never really played the original one. It didn't look like it was worthwhile, though.

As for Stadium 3, I'd rather they just made Pokemon Party and was done with it. Who are we kidding? The only thing anyone remembers in specifics is the minigames, and they were good enough on their own to warrant being fondly remembered.

That and maybe taking pictures of them. How'd I ever get so much mileage out of that?

SoliderOfMisfortune

Master in the making.
Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2013
I got Pokemon Stadium 2 used as a kid. It already had a bunch of Level 100 Pokemon including all the legendaries (Except Mew and Mewtwo damnit) And it was a lot of fun.... Even though at a certain point I couldn't do **** because I didn't know how to use what I had. ~Sigh~ Maybe I'll go back to it some time. Couldn't hurt right?

Schwan

Frontier Brain
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
I don't really think the 3DS would make sense as a platform for a Stadium game though; I think handhelds are better suited for mainstream Pokemon games. Since Stadium games are really just watered down (obviously with their own perks, though) Pokemon games made for non-portable consoles. If Stadium were to be on a handheld, I'd rather play a mainstream game with a more solid plot and developed overworld. But I wouldn't want to play a mainstream Pokemon game on a non-portable console, either.

I guess, in my opinion, it's all a matter of casual playing vs. non-casual playing.

Sorry for the late response, but yeah I see what you mean. It'd be a different feel that's for sure. I do however feel like since things such as SSB being on 3DS could lead to potential Stadium like games on 3DS.

Off-topic, but I picked up Stadium 2 at a video game stand on campus, only issue I had was that it was 60 bucks hahaha. It has been worth it though.

satotaku

Generation 1's last hope
Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
wow lol is that a trick question, Pokemon Stadium 2 was a step up from Stadium 1 in every way, I liked how customizable the cups were this time and the mini-games were more fun in the second.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
I wasn't too hot at the battling (nothing's changed!), however I bossed all of the mini games :D the Chansey one was my favourite. On expert (or very hard, whatever it was called) it was insane haha!

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
I still own my original N64, Poke S1 & 2!

I think my fondest memory would have to be attempting to defeat Lance in PS1. @_@ His dragonair kept using bind or wrap (forgot which attack it was), and it didn't allow me to attack. I was literally there trying to beat that dragonair for like an hour. Nevertheless, I did beat him. xD

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 5, 2021
Remember? I still have it.

I remember trying to beat Team Rocket in Mahogany town. It was soooo hard for some reason that my cousins and I had to work together to beat them....it took us a few months.

Same with the Prime Cup in the Stadium, that took us even longer and it lots of frustration!

The mini-games were AWESOME!!! I was a total beast at the Topsy Turvy game, it was like Beyblade but with Pokemon.

Now all I need to do is beat Red....which I can't seem to do.

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2013
Little cup rocked if you could upload your own team, and the classroom actually taught me a lot, seeing how I was young and dumb. Before that, fire pokemon of mine only knew fire moves. Because theyre fire type.... thats what they were supposed to do lol. But I got stuck on team rocket in the castle for so long it mustve been a year, that solar beam Houndoom kicked my butt...

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
My brother and I spent so many hours at it as kids! Ah, such good memories~! Well, aside from the rage due to hax, especially with Round 2. And Prime Cup. >_< We never did beat Round 2, though I think we were making a team for Little Cup. I especially loved Earl's Academy! That's where all my knowledge of the mechanics and little nuances of the game originated. It did a really good job of teaching everything, particularly with breeding, which I think can be a complicated subject for a beginner to learn. ^-^ Oh, and the mini-games! So fun! I remember that I really liked the Donphan, Furret, Mr. Mime, Chansey, Delibird and Hitmontop games.

Last edited:

Dragooncroft

Tomb Raider
Years
I have been playing since it came out!

Oh, and I used only rentals, and got up until half way through R2. I remember Prime cup final being hell with rentals. It was luck that my rental Primeape critical hit his Muk with a cross chop and I won! After, I have to use my own pokes. Still too hard, though.

Anyways, it was incredibly hard, incredibly rigged, but an incredibly amazing game! I still am trying to beat it. I like this as my favourite pokemon game (probably). :D

I am trying to figure out how to hack my pokemon so they are all shiny and have max stats for this game, but not sure exactly how to do it. Still waiting for a response in the other thread.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
This game was my first time playing a friend's game. I only had Stadium, but as we talked, I found out that he had the second one, so he brought it over and we played. It's sad though, I don't remember doing anything else at all with him, and we only did it once

Years
I loved Stadium 2. I can't tell you how much time I poured into that game. I never made it to Round 2 though, and that's because I could never get far in the Little Cup. Hated that one so much.

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2013
My fondest memory(s) were repeatedly whooping my sister's asses in this game :)

Back