• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Return of Hilbert

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2012
If Hurbert(?) makes a return in a new game like Red did in G/S/C, what would his team look like?

My vote is
>Serperior
>Dewott
>Telepig
>Beheeyem
>Simisage
>Watchog

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
His name is Hilbert, btw! But yeah, throwing this over to Pokemon Gaming Central since B/W only applies to the actual Black and White games and not future ones where he may appear. :)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Who is Telepig? Tepig is the fire starter, Emboar is the evolution. I should know, I've bred a few Tepigs with my Emboar.

Hilbert wouldn't come back with a Simisage after this long journey. He would be smart and have a ground type Excadrill with a powerful Earthquake. Watchog is also weak and replacable, but Beeheyem might be a candidate. The three fully evolved starters are a lock.

Cyclone

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
If Hilbert comes back, I'm guessing that this will be his team (based on in-game events):
-Serperior/Simisage
-Emboar/Simisear
-Samurott/Simipour
-Volcarona (evolved from the gift Larvesta)
-Zoroark (evolved from the Zorua obtained from the GameFreak building or Zoroark itself got caught in Lostlorn Forest)
-Braviary/Mandibuzz (the one he has depends on the version you're playing)

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2012
If Hilbert comes back, I'm guessing that this will be his team (based on in-game events):
-Serperior/Simisage
-Emboar/Simisear
-Samurott/Simipour
-Volcarona (evolved from the gift Larvesta)
-Zoroark (evolved from the Zorua obtained from the GameFreak building or Zoroark itself got caught in Lostlorn Forest)
-Braviary/Mandibuzz (the one he has depends on the version you're playing)

This makes the most sense, I just based mine off my ingame team.:S

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
If we learned anything from Red, you can't base it off an Ingame team unless future games can do the Link up feature B2W2 can do, then its basically what ever you gave him last.

He also has a very slim chance of ever appearing again outside of the link up feature due to the Gender issue. The other game would have to have Hilda if one has Hilbert, even then there'd still be the sexism complaints for using one over the other.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Tbh I thought the team of Hilbert/Hilda would be similar to this if they ever did show up. I can also imagine their return being possible through the same way you could rematch Cheren and Bianca in B2W2 but a pipe dream's a pipe dream I suppose.

Serperior
Emboar
Samurott
Reshiram/Zekrom
Carracosta/Archeops
Zoroark

Zoroark and the starters are a given but personally I think it would make sense for Hilbert/Hilda to use Reshiram/Zekrom due to those 2 being version exclusives and all. Basically Zekrom would be in the team in W2 and Reshiram in the team in B2. The fossils would be influenced by the memory link depending on what you chose for your fossil in B&W. Also the team's respective levels should range from 85 to 87 to give a clear challenge imo. I know it coule be better but I tried lol.

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
Reshiram/Zekrom l87
Zoroark l85
Emboar l84
Samurott l86
Serperior l85
Simisear/Simisage/Simipour l86

Having Reshiram and Zekrom on his team will make it harder.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I don't think they'd make his Pokemon over level 83 XD Just to keep a certain figure the most powerful known Pokemon in the game.

Just sayin. You know GameFreak would keep it that way, unless they make its level higher too.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
Serperior/Emboar/Samurott (depending on your starter)
Simisage/Simisear/Simipour (depending on your starter)
Carracosta/Archeops (depending on game version)
Zoroark
Volcarona
Reshiram/Zekrom (depending on game version)

That would be the only team that would make sense really, since that team is based on in-game events.

Sirfetch’d

1. Serperior
2. Samurott
3. Emboar
4. Reshiram/ Zekrom
5.Gothitelle/ Reuniculus
6. Mandibuzz/ Braviary

I dont think Volcarona or any of the monkeys would be there because it would give him 3 of one type (fire) if playing Black 2 assuming he uses both Emboar and Reshiram.. I think GF would like it more diverse.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
He would have
1. Serperior
2. Samurott
3. Emboar
4. Reshiram/ Zekrom
5.Gothitelle/ Reuniculus
6. Mandibuzz/ Braviary

I dont think Volcarona or any of the monkeys would be there because it would give him 3 of one type (fire) if playing Black 2 assuming he uses both Emboar and Reshiram.. I think GF would like it more diverse.
They did give Red two Water types in HGSS, though. Also, Emboar/Simisear are primarily Fire types, whereas Volcarona is primarily Bug and Reshiram is primarily Dragon. So in that sense it isn't really a big deal.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
If we learned anything from Red, you can't base it off an Ingame team unless future games can do the Link up feature B2W2 can do, then its basically what ever you gave him last.

He also has a very slim chance of ever appearing again outside of the link up feature due to the Gender issue. The other game would have to have Hilda if one has Hilbert, even then there'd still be the sexism complaints for using one over the other.

A good way to address the sexism complaints would be to give the player their corresponding predecessor. If you pick a boy, you battle Hilbert, if you pick a girl, you get Hilda. Or vice versa.

But, I think they would get something like:

Serperior
Emboar
Samurott
Braviary/Mandibuzz
Zoroark/Hydreigon
Solosis/Gothitelle

Not sure, but maybe something like that. The high-end yet standard mons.

Back