• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

King Kobra

Shiny Giratina pwns you
Years
I got a whole 10 resets in today and now I'm going to a friends house and I'm not bringing my DS or games. Yeah, I'm a bad Shiny Hunter...

I SHALL HAVE SHINY SCYTHER (In two days when I start resetting again)!!!!!!

P.S. Tha Pokemon Prodigy: Don't give up on Anorith! I'm in the same sort of position you are in, it takes long to turn on FireRed, skip the history, buy Scyther, and check if it's Shiny. I say keep going for it, nobody else has it!

<I>Kobra<I>

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2006
ok since there is no tips on getting a shiny groudon then answer me this:

does groudon have to be shiny on his lava pit before you battle him? (yellow groudon on a red lava pit)

same with a kyogre, does he have to be mauve in his pool?

same with charcoal raquaza

if so do you have to go in and out the door until u see a yellow groudon/ mauve kyogre/charcoal raquaza

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2008
King Kobra said:
I got a whole 10 resets in today and now I'm going to a friends house and I'm not bringing my DS or games. Yeah, I'm a bad Shiny Hunter...

I SHALL HAVE SHINY SCYTHER (In two days when I start resetting again)!!!!!!

P.S. Tha Pokemon Prodigy: Don't give up on Anorith! I'm in the same sort of position you are in, it takes long to turn on FireRed, skip the history, buy Scyther, and check if it's Shiny. I say keep going for it, nobody else has it!

<I>Kobra<I>

its too late, King Kobra, i already chose the non-shiny Anorith im going to train: A male with Adamant nature. But i could always start the game over again, but that means giving up my shiny Swampert...........but anyway, im pretty sure nobody has shiny Cacnea or slakoth yet, so im going for them instead

Last edited:

Exokriz

Delete.
Years
its too late, King Kobra, i already chose the non-shiny Anorith im going to train: A male with Adamant nature. But i could always start the game over again, but that means giving up my shiny Swampert...........but anyway, im pretty sure nobody has shiny Cacnea or slakoth yet, so im going for them instead

Why don't you just trade shiny swampert to another game, restart your game and then trade it back over to that game, then you wont have to lose it and you will get more EXP for Shiny Swampert :D (unless its already lvl. 100 that is )

Years
hey would i be consider a member?

oh yeah i am hunting for beldum, zangoose, and i am going to start my fr over to get black charizard i am also hunting for a pokemon that is kinda getting on my nerves it is a trapinch i want it because i want a shiny flygon although i already have a normal flygon but the shiny is cool and i want shiny bagon i want alot of shinys it is pretty cool and i have a long time to hunt well i will keep u posted

♥Nova♥

Ignore the Funny Farm
Years
Hello, I would like to join this Club please.

My Shiny's::

Blaziken{Started Emerald over like 200 times for Shiny Torchic Starter.}
Maganium{ALOT More Start-Overs. Again Emerald, for Shiny Chickorita, after completing Hoenn Pokedex.}
Blastoise{Leaf Green. Start-Over for Shiny Squirtle Starter again. Transfered to Emerald afterwords.}
Butterfree{Fire Red. Caught Shiny Caterpie within' the first hour of game play. YAY FOR LUCK!}
Gengar{Fire Red again. Found Shiny Gastly in Pokemon Tower. MORE LUCKINESS!}
Roselia{Sapphire. Caught while searching for Latias.}
Gardevoir{Traded from a friend}
Latias{Sapphire again. Took over 500 hours of Game Play, but I did! YAYNESS!}
Latios{Ruby. LOL The first Shiny I get in the entire Game is Legendary! Haven't found another Shiny in it since though... T-T}

I recently bought a new Emerald Game so I'm currently Hunting for Shiny Legendaries. No luck yet... but I'll never give up!

Sandran

Shinji Ikari fan! <333
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 28, 2006
Hello, Would I be allowed to join? Though I have no shinies yet, I have been searching for a shiny Whismur, Skitty, Sandshrew, and Zangoose. I don't know if I could join.. though. So its fine if I can't. nn;

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
Years
Umm.. would i be allowed to join the shiny hunters club.. altho right now.. im not quite used to this forum stuff... (i just started i think a few days agao?)..anywyas.. right now im lookin fer shinies on island six near the ruins.. ^^...well CAN shinies be found there?Plz gimmie a heads-up if i can join..? It would be greatly appreciated ^^:D
and also.. i have LOTS of spare time this summer to search for them.. if u need any specific.. i can try my hardest to find :D

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
WOOHOO IM THE FIRST TO REPLY THIS TIME lol

*ahem* well im sure the owners/co-owners will let you join long as u promise hunt and not cheat XD

shinnies can be found anywhere btw in the wild , from soft resetting (pressing the A , B , Start and Select buttons all at once to reset the gameboy) in front of pokemon (ie rayquaza , the starters , mewtwo )and from hatching eggs , all of which u have 1 in 8192 chance of finding one .

and before anyone asks shinnies are not stronger then normal pokemon their stats are jus as likely to be low or high as any other pokemon

MM I NEED YOUR OH SO SMARTNESS (mathmaticly speaking of courses ) XD i got this off serebii and i saw it on another site just a few minutes before ( was googlings shinnies XD ) but yeah im not quite sure i understand it so can u explain it here on the forum or pm it to me if its too long and complicated

Originally Posted by aucy.com/pokemon
Unlike GSC, RSE FRLG shinies are no difference apart from colour to other Pokemon.
Probability of finding one= 1/ 8192 ~= 0.00012207...

THe factor of shiny Pokemon is affected by the following factors:
1. your REAL trainer ID:
What you normally see on your ID is actually the 2nd part of your actual ID. The upper part is unviewable and is NOT calculated in denary, but 16nary. (00000~FFFFF) Getting the exact same ID with another trainer is almost impossible.

2. Nature mechanics:
Nature number divided by 25, remainder will be the Nature mechanics. (The chart is in http://aucy.com/pokemon/gba/rarepm.php )
example: 0034F5EA(h) = 3470826
3470826 % 25 = 1,Nature is +attack -defense

3. Gender:
The ending 2 of the Gendar value (00~FF)

4. Characteristics:
If that species has 2 characteristics, the Shiny will be effected by the odd or even characteristic.

5. Now, the formula of shiny Pokemon:
A=Upper part of trainer ID * Final part of trainer ID * Nature (upper) * Nature (lower)
If A is smaller or equal to 7, that Pokemon will be a shiny.
Which is unlikely, that's why they are so rare.

*is confuzzled a bit*

and heres what i saw on the other site

http://psypokes.com/lab/shiny.php

its kinda G@y like serebii where it wont let u copy and paste lol so jus go there and read it *is even more confuzzled*

so i guess one of my questions besides is this true and can having a low trainer id help (not garuntee but HELP ) increase chances and is it possible to have yer trainer id and hidden id so high that u never see a shiny?

Last edited:
Years
Pokemon Trainer Jonny said:
Magikarp Eggs Hatched (Emerald) - 137
Pichu Eggs Hatched (Ruby) - 8
And I guess your wondering why it isn't much more,
Well I'm training Shiny Dragonair On Leafgreen.
shiny Dragonair = Lv 49
GL getting one soon,Pkmn Prodigy.
Magikarp Eggs Hatched - 151
Pichu Eggs Hatched - 22
Shiny Dragonite = Lvl 57 (Since its evovled I've stopped training it now I can hatch more eggs) :t157:

Ullion

Years
umm shido.. o.O.. i did compltely not understand that (what i just said may be hard to undertsand as well ^^)..so ya..ahem.. ur point is that ur hidden ID or ur seeable ID can affect ur chances of finding a shiny pokemon?? thats prete cooll... i guess ive had always had bad luck.. since ive basically got wicked awesome stuffs on all the different se3ries.. and have nva caught a shiny pokemon.. besides red garados (definite spellin probs here)..and then it was hard to catch//lmfao.. i have the worst of luck when it comes toi catching any sort of special pokemion.. except for the time i caught rayquaza with an ultra ball when it wasnt even hurt (^^)..and when i acught Articuno in the EARLY games.. with a pokeball at full health. but ya that was it.. no luck wut so ever in catching wicked awesome pokes....ya.. i'll be quiet now ^^ :D

tyranisneasel

Crazy Dark Master
Years
Hey there everyone! No shiny, but Pirates rocks! It's so awesome! Anyway, I really don't like keeping track of how many Dunsparce I see, so I just keep using Sweet Scent and Running, Sweet Scent and Running. I run so I see as many Dunsparce as possible.:) Anyway, Shido, what are Pokemon characteristics?O_o I've never heard of them before. Good Luck everyone! Oh yeah, look at the new banner King Kobra made me! Isn't it awesome?

Ullion

Years
Umm also.. i know im not part of ur club yet... (hopefully i will be soonlol..) anywyas.. lol how can i just get avatars and put them on my signature or w/e.. to show im lookin for them or alrede have them??

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
well ty tell u the truth im not 100 %on all that stuff that i posted either lol so i rather not mislead u with whati think it means lol just wait for MM or sumone else whos knows about that stuff (more or less sanyways) to try to explain i guess

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
I'm going to post a tiny update. I have had an operation, and it's keeping me off my feet. Ingrown toenail cut out.
Well, I've played Emerald and I'm standing inside the Frontier. Absolutely NO SHINES... although alot of stuff was really, really cool, and definately had my on my toes. However, before I took on the Elite 4, I used on of my Master Balls on Rayquaza. I still have the one from bounty booty FR, so don't worry. I've done a little of the others (FR, LG) but no shinies either. This kinda hurts. Not just my toe, either. :'(
-DDD

Back