• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
sry ive been gone 4 so long...camp in daytona...but on thursday me and da fam drivin up to DC frm GA so ill have about 10 hrs to SR in the car...then 10 back...tried 2 sr 4 beldum but i wasnt sposed to bring gameboys so i just left the charger at home... it died :/...

Years
Nova, Sandran, KillerSwift, you may join!

Shido: That formula sounds like BS to me. And since when do natures have upper and lower values? The only truth I can see in that is that Nature is calculated by taking the mod-25 of the PV. The mod-5 of that value gives you the lowered stat; the value divided by 5 (rounding down) gives you the stat which is raised. Attack=0, Defense=1, Speed=2, Special Attack=3, Special Defense=4.

Shininess is calculated by XORing four values: the Trainer ID, the Hidden ID, the upper 16 bits of the PV, and the lower 16 bits of the PV. Your Trainer IDs are each 16 bits. Lop off the 3 lowest order bits, and if the result is 0, you have a shiny. (Equivalently, you can see if the value is 7 or less instead of lopping off the 3 lowest order bits.)

There's a ton of equivalent ways of representing the shiny formula. One of the more important ones is to seperate the constant parts from the equation. XOR your Trainer ID and Hidden ID. Knock off the 3 lowest bits. The result is a number between 0 and 8191: this is your "Shiny ID." For each Pokémon, take the XOR of the upper and lower 16 bits of the PV and lop off the 3 lowest from the result. If it matches your Shiny ID, you have a shiny. This is the simplest way to represent the egg trading effect, where an egg may contain a shiny if hatched by one trainer, but not by another: your Shiny IDs are different.

I suppose you could also consider an "Extended Trainer ID", which would be a 32 bit integer where the first 16 bits come from your Trainer ID and the last 16 come from your Hidden ID. It won't look like your Trainer ID because your Trainer ID is always shown in decimal.

7232 Treeckos seen ±131, 90% of the time.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
Years
Cook thnx MM... umm is there neffin else i have 2 do to join it or stay in it..well besides catching shinies.. adn also.. how do i get shiny avatars on ym sig?? its rele botherin me..lawl..

Sandran

Shinji Ikari fan! <333
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 28, 2006
Eep! Thanks. x3 I've been searching for a Shiny Whismur all day, and have yet to find one. They are hard. D: I'm amazed at it too. xD

Years
Pokemon Trainer Jonny said:
Magikarp Eggs Hatched - 151
Pichu Eggs Hatched - 22
Shiny Dragonite = Lvl 57 (Since its evovled I've stopped training it now I can hatch more eggs) :t157:
Magikarp Eggs Hatched - 157
Pichu Eggs Hatched - 25

And MMSP I'l have a look today and tel next time im on.

Ichigo Flash

Box-kun
Years
Not much hunting done so far got loads of coursework and stuff in as theres only 2 weeks of school so Im busy alot of the time.

Really wanna get back to hunting Pory n Treecko though :(

Ullion

Years
Umm guys... how can i paste pics onto signature or w/e?? its rele bugign me ..lawl..

King Kobra

Shiny Giratina pwns you
Years
Killer-Swift: First find a picture you want to paste into your sig. Then right click it (if it's on the internet that is) and click properties. Then highlight the URL in the middle of the window that pops up and copy it. Then all you have to do is go to Edit Signature in your control panel and paste it with Image tags. If you don't know how to image tag, just scroll over the bottons above the sig box until you the one that says image.

*deep breath*

Update: 3400 Scyther Resets. I'm going to be gone at the beach for two weeks, and then I might be going to somewhere else the week right after, so I'll be gone for a while. I'm going to hate having to read like, 300 posts when I get back. <(>.<)>

<I>Kobra<I>

Ullion

Years
Woot!

YES! i feel so proud... i just found AND caught my first shiny (besides red gyarados).. unfortuntely it wasnt in its first stage... i caught a shiny machoke ^^..well.. b4 i get too proud (lol)... has any1 else caught 1..? And um KingKobra.. thnx for the tips but i dont follow the image tags thing or w/e.. but i'll try again.. n thnx again man! :D

Last edited:

Exokriz

Delete.
Years
First I would like to welcome the new members of SHC and congrats Killer-Swift on your first shiny.

SHC Report:
I think I am bound to find a shiny sooner or later, I've been feeling lucky. I may just join King-Kobra in the hunt for Shiny Scyther when I get to Celadon, or I may search for Shiny Dratini. Anyway, I have already evolved my Bulbasaur all the way up into a Venusaur before I even got to Cerulean City (No, not Shiny). I murdered Staryu and Starmie. I'm now training my Kadabra, going to evole him into Alakazam when he reaches lvl 30, hes 27 now. But, between them I have ran into alot, and I mean alot, of wild pokemon but sadly no shinies.

I saw Pirates today, it was really good but I still say the first one was better.

Ullion

Years
Thnx exo.. means alot :).. nad ya.. lol.. im not completely sure who i should search for next.. and i might be gettin another pokemon version... i have S/FR/G/C/Y... plz suggest which 1 i shuld get (my bday is cmin up soon)... or maybe i shuld just get a 2nd GBA... and link em toigether and trade between FR and S...lol.. i unno... i dun think i shuld get neffin new yet.. lawl.. anywyas.. i culd also use some suggestions on which shiny to go after next... altho i was thinkin of goin after a shiny zapdos... then store all ym pokemon on my friends LG.. then start over and hope to get a shiny starter... and talkin bout shiny starters.. does it show it bein shiny when u check the pokemon and Oak says "Oh so you want bulbasaur, its a very easy pokemon to raise".. or do i actually have to pick it..?

Exokriz

Delete.
Years
Killer-Swift said:
Thnx exo.. means alot .. nad ya.. lol.. im not completely sure who i should search for next.. and i might be gettin another pokemon version... i have S/FR/G/C/Y... plz suggest which 1 i shuld get (my bday is cmin up soon)... or maybe i shuld just get a 2nd GBA... and link em toigether and trade between FR and S...lol.. i unno... i dun think i shuld get neffin new yet.. lawl.. anywyas.. i culd also use some suggestions on which shiny to go after next... altho i was thinkin of goin after a shiny zapdos... then store all ym pokemon on my friends LG.. then start over and hope to get a shiny starter... and talkin bout shiny starters.. does it show it bein shiny when u check the pokemon and Oak says "Oh so you want bulbasaur, its a very easy pokemon to raise".. or do i actually have to pick it..?

Since your b-day is coming up, i'd suggest you get you parents to get you a Nintendo DS Lite since the new Pokemon Diamond and Pearl are coming out by the end of this year or the beginning of next year and plus you can trade Pokemon between R/S/E/LG/FR and D/P just using one DS Lite.

Just go after any pokemon you like alot and try to find a shiny version of it.

You have to actually pick the pokemon and look at the stat screen to see if its shiny, the first pic that Oak shows you wont be shiny so you have to check from the stat screen.

Ullion

Years
lol..srry bout that exo... my parents definetly WONT get me a Nintendo DS.. lite or not.. and also.. prob not even a new gaming system :|...lol.. and also.. i guess i'll go for Zapdos/Ponyta... since no1 in this group has pnyta yet.. and shiny ponyta looks kewl.. with the blue flames n all :P:P..and exo, can i add u as a friend (u'd be first since i joined this place like last week).

Exokriz

Delete.
Years
lol..srry bout that exo... my parents definetly WONT get me a Nintendo DS.. lite or not.. and also.. prob not even a new gaming system :|...lol.. and also.. i guess i'll go for Zapdos/Ponyta... since no1 in this group has pnyta yet.. and shiny ponyta looks kewl.. with the blue flames n all ..and exo, can i add u as a friend (u'd be first since i joined this place like last week).

sure thing, I dont have anyone on my friends list at all and I've been here for a little over a month.

Ullion

Years
Cool... :P..ya im tryin to get my IRL friend to join... but hes goin on vacation tomoro..lol.. so ya.. but suposedly hes gunna buy himsself a wireless connector on vacation.. so we can use the adapters for stuffs... OH YA MYSTERY GIFT!/... well what does that do anywyas..? with a friend i mean.. not the thing NIntendo events...lol :|

Exokriz

Delete.
Years
Killer-Swift said:
Cool... ..ya im tryin to get my IRL friend to join... but hes goin on vacation tomoro..lol.. so ya.. but suposedly hes gunna buy himsself a wireless connector on vacation.. so we can use the adapters for stuffs... OH YA MYSTERY GIFT!/... well what does that do anywyas..? with a friend i mean.. not the thing NIntendo events...lol :|

I'm not to sure, I only know that it helps you get Ho-oh, Lugia, and Deoxys, I think thats the only thing it does do.....I think

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Nope the mystery event thing won't work with a friend, sorry. And congrats on your first shiny. And D/P aren't coming out in America this year, based on what I've heard. Supposedly, it is coming out in Early Spring/Late Winter '07 for America. Japan gets it Sept 28th of this year or somethin... exactly 2 weeks and 2 says after my b-day.

I'm back from my cuzin's house. I did a lot of SRs for Dratini while I was there, but I didn't get anything.
BTW, my brother's shiny Ninetales is gone. He and my cuzin were playing around, and my cuzin took his GBA SP and pressed B+Up+Select. My lil bro tried to snatch the GBA SP away, but (quote by my cuzin) "I accidentally pressed A at the last second!"

Accidentally pressed A at the last second? That is BS. My bro started crying for like an hour, and my cuzin didn't even bother to apologize. Although we didn't show it, both my brother and I are extremely mad with him.

Last edited:

Ullion

Years
Thnx MMSP :)... and i feel bad bout what happened w/ ur lil bro... hope you have more luck in the future? :|

Mudkippy

♥Mudkips Rule♥
Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2007
Hey everyone! sorry I haven't been able to go on in awhile, but I'm only allowed on the computer on the weekends, so...yea. In ruby, i'm still looking for a shiny mudkip and in emerald I'm still looking for a shiny marill, but I'm also still trying to train my team. Well, I'll hope to post again soon, but for now, wish me luck!:P

Back