• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Generation Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Doing a new play through on Pearl for a Nuzlocke challenge and it's way more fun if it's recorded as a story, so here we are! :D I don't know how often this place gets posted in though so yeah, I'll add updates to this post for now I guess!

Chapter 1

• I woke up in a daze with an excited Barry shouting down the phone at me. He'd been my best friend for years so I was used to this by now. Seems I've been enlisted to go on an urgent expedition to Lake Verity in search of the elusive Red Gyarados... Typical Barry; I think I'll spend ten more minutes in bed.
  • After having a cup of tea with mom and telling her about my plans for the day, I headed out to rendezvous with the ever in a hurry Barry as he hurtled out the door full speed straight into my face. I've come to accept this as normal behavior for him by this stage so I quickly forgave him.
  • Being as forgetful as he is, Barry immediately ran back inside without saying a word and hurried to his room to collect his journal that he'd forgotten. Curious where he'd gone, I followed him inside and was greeted with the thread of being fined $1,000,000 if I was late to the lake. Yup, that's Barry alright!
  • We ventured out of town and shortly reached Lake Verity; however before having time to look for the mysterious Red Gyarados, we were greeted by an old man and his assistant, whom was carrying a brief case.
  • The pair seemed to be discussing something important so we decided not to bother them as we made out way into the lake, but as we took our first few steps, the old man shot straight up and came over to us. This was scary to say the least!
  • He introduced himself as a Pokemon professor before darting off straight past us as his assistant, who we now knew to be Dawn, reservedly apologized for the professor's crass behavior and ran off to follow him.
  • Confused by what had just happened, I stared out into the vast shining lake wondering just how many Pokemon were actually living there. However my thoughts were quickly interrupted by Barry yelling at the top of his lungs in fright.
  • Now alert, I ran over to Barry seeing him being confronted by a group of angry Starly. I thought to myself "Serves you right, I told you not to walk in the long grass!", before catching up to him and trying to help him out.
  • Whilst running from the birds, I tripped over a strange brief case left in the middle of the grass and as it opened on its side, three Pokéballs spilled out! I assumed they must've belonged to the professor, but after glancing back at the Starly heading straight for me, I knew what had to be done.
  • I quickly grasped the first Pokéball I saw and threw it out onto the ground. I'd never commanded a Pokémon before but it had been a life-long dream of mine, so I was pretty charged when a Turtwig appeared from the Pokéball! Although as I shouted out for it to use various moves that I'd seen on TV such as Leaf Storm and Solar Beam, the Turtwig didn't listen to me and simply used Tackle instead. I guess I still had a lot to learn.
  • Barry, who had now taken the same plan of action as me, had sent out a Chimchar to fight on his behalf. He was commanding this Pokémon well and knew exactly what moves to use and how to use them, before he called over to me that my new ally would only be capable of using a basic Tackle attack and Withdrawing to increase its defense. So that explains why I was ignored!
  • I ordered the Turtwig, whom was currently running in circles around the Starly teasing it, to use Withdraw. A blue light appeared like a shield over Turtwig just as the Starly crashed into his back, but due to the increased defense the attack didn't seem to do a thing. Then I ordered the move Tackle, which shortly disposed of the aggravated Starly.
  • Barry's foe had already been taken down minutes ago by his fast-paced battle using Chimchar, but we decided it'd be for the best to leave the tall grass as quickly as possible.
  • We ran out of Lake Verity cheering and excitedly comparing battles before Barry hurtled face-first into the waiting professor. He withdrew quickly and we both stood anxiously awaiting our punishment for using his Pokémon, but as he opened his mouth to speak his voice was calm and controlled. He didn't seem too bothered about what had happened and didn't even ask for his two Pokémon back; maybe he just forgot? At any rate, he requested that we came and visited his lab in Sandgem Town so we headed in that direction post-haste.
  • Along the route to Sandgem Town I was ambushed by several more Pokemon; Bidoof and Starly came out from all directions as I asked Turtwig to protect me and hurried into the next town in which I was promptly greeted by Dawn. She requested that I followed her into the professor's lab, and I had no choice but to agree.
  • The professor, introducing himself as Professor Rowan, asked to see the Turtwig that I had borrowed. I was reluctant to let my new friend go, but I guess it wasn't actually my Pokémon. I begrudgingly handed over the Turtwig to Professor Rowan and turned around to start walking out of the lab. However, just as I took my first step, Professor Rowan spoke.
  • "Excellent. That Pokémon really seems to like you, so I'm going to let you keep it. It's standard for trainers to give their Pokémon a nick-name so give it some thought."
  • Awestruck, I gazed at my new Turtwig partner before taking it into my arms and squeezing it hard. I didn't either know its gender; how was I supposed to name it? As I squeezed, Turtwig let out a sharp yelp which sounded reminiscent of an old friend's cry, so with that I named my new partner 'Clay'. Turtwig then licked my face before laughing to itself; guess it must be naughty natured.
  • As I was informed that Dawn was the trainer of a Piplup and Barry was entrusted to keep his Chimchar companion, Professor Rowan requested that I travel the land of Sinnoh and collect as much data about all the region's Pokémon as I could with a new Pokédex that he had given me. Was this a dream come true?
  • With that, I took Clay to the Pokémon Center where I discovered his gender and abilities from the nurse, before staying the night to rest alongside my new partner. I couldn't stop dreaming of all the adventures yet to come!

Chapter 2

• First thing in the morning I parted the Pokémon Center and headed back home to tell mom what had happened. She'd be so worried about me not coming home last night! I made my way back through Route 401 whilst fighting off the countless Bidoof and Starly with Clay's help; he's really getting tough!
  • I made it back home safely thanks to Clay and after having lunch with mom, I collected my journal and told her about my dream to set off on my own Pokémon adventure. She was reluctant to agree but after showing her how strong Clay had gotten, she finally decided I could go out and complete the professor's quest of gathering as much information in the Pokédex as possible. But as I was about to leave, Barry's mother burst in the room asking where Barry was and after I delivered a half-hearted tale of what had happened to us both, she knew that he would've already set off and simply sighed. She requested that I deliver him a parcel before he goes too far ahead, so I agreed and set out for my journey.
  • Whilst traversing Route 101 and fighting off countless wild Pokemon, me and Clay stopped for a training session just outside of Sandgem Town. He had to be strong for what's coming up in the future! He began taking down the wild Pokémon with more ease every battle until eventually in a battle against a solitary Bidoof, he was tackled into exceedingly hard and collapsed to the floor. After that he just stopped moving. He had a look of concentration on his face and naturally I was now panicking about what would happen next. Was he injured? Was he tired of fighting? Had I done something wrong?
  • In fact, it was the exact opposite. His face suddenly lit up in a brilliant grin as he unleashed a bright glowing orb from the leaf on his head. The orb crashed into Bidoof and Clay began glowing a brilliant shade of green and began to stand up whilst the Bidoof collapsed. I guess this must mean Clay learnt Absorb! We then continued through Sandgem Town.
  • As I passed into Route 402 I was shocked to see Dawn waiting for me. She pounced out from the tall grass and shouted "Boo!" with me jumping back in shock. She said something about wanting to show me how to catch Pokémon as I watched her capture a nearby Bidoof with help from Piplup. This was one of the coolest things I'd ever seen! After imparting some tips she gave me five of her Pokéballs, so I rushed off to start capturing new friends.
  • I remembered hearing something about only being able to capture one Pokémon per route and it had to be the first I encountered, so I made sure to head back to Route 401 to make my first capture. Excited as to what I'd find, I ventured into the tall grass and was instantly stopped by a level two Bidoof. It seemed like a very chirpy Pokémon so I weakened it slightly and threw my Pokéball, but it broke free. We exchanged a few more hits and finally Bidoof was mine! I decided Wilson would be a great nick-name for him and welcomed him to the team.
  • I decided to head straight to Route 402 with my new friend Wilson to see what my next Pokémon would be, and within a few steps a wild Kricketot jumped out at me. I'd never seen this Pokémon before so I couldn't wait to try it out! I weakened her and threw a Pokéball and she was all mine. Deciding on the nick-name Cheryl, I ventured out with my two new companions.
  • I decided to train my new friends before we ventured too far, but with Cheryl only knowing Bide and Growl this was going to be a challenge! Her first fight was against a level four Starly who got two critical hits whilst Cheryl was biding, ending in Cheryl's defeat. I had been on my journey for less than an hour and have already let one Pokémon die. What the hell is wrong with me! I held back tears, clutching Cheryl's limp, lifeless body in my hands before sending a furious Wilson out to finish the job. Cheryl was not going to die in vain! As Wilson unleashed a powerful Tackle, Starly fell to the floor and Cheryl had been avenged. I took her body to the PokéCenter to be burried properly; she would always be a memorial of my first adventures.
Kricketot_by_Karthegrax.jpg

In loving memory of Cheryl, Level 3.

• We decided to take the night off and mourn Cheryl's loss before continuing our journey tomorrow.

Current Team

• 387.png
    Clay Lv. 9
  • 399.png
    Wilson Lv. 3

RIP

• 401.png
    Cheryl Lv. 3

Last edited:

encas

Don't tread on me.
Years
I have made some progress since yesterday. Once I had rescued the bicycle shop owner in Eterna City, I fought Gardenia and was having a lot of trouble with my two-Pokemon squad, even with both Antoinette and Bijou at level 22 or so. But then I decided to see if evolving Bijou into a Luxio would help - problem solved!

Since then, I received Cynthia's egg. After a few resets, I managed to hatch a Modest one with Serene Grace, and at the moment, Francois the Togepi is currently being trained in the hidden cavern of Wayward Cave. He is about nine levels lower than the remainder of my squad, but that is okay. :)

Team:

Francois (male Togepi) [Lv. 16]
Bijou (female Luxio [Lv. 25]
Justine (female Bidoof - HM slave) [Lv. 12]
Antoinette (female Prinplup) [Lv. 25]

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Just started a new runthrough of Pokemon Heartgold. I'm not even a hour in, but I might as well show off my team as of today.

Hunter (female Sentret)[lv.6]
Leafasaur (male Chickorita)[lv.8]

Just made it to route 31 and haven even touched violet city yet, so it's very early days for this play-through.

Years
Since I finally beat White yesterday, I decided to spend the remaining time from now until White 2's US release working on finishing Platinum...which I bought months ago and played for all of an hour before tossing it (almost literally- part of the reason I didn't play it for so long was because I couldn't find it. I eventually found it in my waste basket as I was emptying it o_o) aside for White. Picked up Platinum last night and restarted, annnd didn't get very far.

Name: RedJ
Rival Name: Edward (I dunno, he always struck me as an Edward for some reason)

Total time: 44 minutes
Current team:

387.png

Malik (Turtwig) ♂ Lv8

403.png

Sarabi (Shinx) ♀ Lv3

399.png

Failsauce (Bidoof) ♂ Lv4

396.png

Star (Starly) ♀ Lv4

Years
Restarted Platinum again, and here's my details.

Trainer Name/Gender: Nichole, Female
ID No.: 51591
Time: 0:27

I started my journey with this guy:

chimchar.png

Chimchar "Ichiru" ♂ Lv7
Rash nature
Blaze
Somewhat vain
- Scratch
- Leer
- Ember

Yeah, this is the first time I'm nicknaming my team.

Lucas gave me 5 Poke Balls, I'm going to try and catch a Starly for my team.

Caught my first Pokemon, this girl here:

shinx-f.png

Shinx "Lumina" ♀ Lv3
Impish nature
Intimidate
Mischievous
- Tackle

I might use her for a bit until I find something better.

Now, caught this guy as well. Might use him as an HM slave:

bidoof.png

Bidoof "Nutty" ♂ Lv4
Hasty nature
Unaware
Likes to thrash about
- Tackle

Now, looking for a Starly... and I caught this one:

starly-f.png

Starly "Korra" ♀ Lv2
Rash nature
Keen Eye
Somewhat vain
- Tackle
- Growl

Last edited:
Years
Made it to Jubilife City, met Looker, delivered parcel to Edward, got a Town Map, obtained Poketch, and then proceeded to horribly destroy Edward. Doing a bit of grinding before moving on.

Total time: 3:01
My current team:

387.png

Malik (Turtwig) ♂ Lv12

403.png

Sarabi (Shinx) ♀ Lv9

396.png

Star (Starly) ♀ Lv10

399.png

Failsauce (Bidoof) ♂ Lv6

063.png

Jung (Abra) ♂ Lv8

I also caught this guy-

401.png

...but I don't have any use for him since he evolved so now he's rotting in my PC 8D;

Years
Beat a Trainer, dumped Nutty (Bidoof) and Lumina (Shinx) in the PC and added Drizelle (Psyduck) to my team.

Here's my Psyduck's details:

psyduck.png

Psyduck "Drizelle" ♀ Lv5
Bold nature
Damp
Good perseverance
- Water Sport
- Scratch
- Tail Whip

Need to raise her a few levels so she can be my star against Roark.

Oh, what's this? Korra is evolving!

staravia-f.png

Staravia "Korra" ♀ Lv14
Rash nature
Intimidate
Somewhat vain
- Tackle
- Double Team
- Quick Attack
- Wing Attack

And I'm training my starter here until he evolves in time for my first Gym battle!

chimchar.png

Chimchar "Ichiru" ♂ Lv11
Rash nature
Blaze
Somewhat vain
- Scratch
- Leer
- Ember
- Taunt

Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2012
The first time i reach veilstone gym, i had a murkrow and a grotle. i though it will be easy but when i reach lucario I couldnt stand a chance cuz of his fight/metal type...

Years
My latest details in Platinum, training Drizelle to take on the first Gym.

Ichiru even evolved into Monferno and learned Mach Punch since my last post.

psyduck.png

Psyduck "Drizelle" ♀ Lv6
Bold nature
Damp
Good perseverance
- Water Sport
- Scratch
- Tail Whip

staravia-f.png

Staravia "Korra" ♀ Lv14
Rash nature
Intimidate
Somewhat vain
- Tackle
- Double Team
- Quick Attack
- Wing Attack

monferno.png

Monferno "Ichiru" ♂ Lv14
Rash nature
Blaze
Somewhat vain
- Mach Punch
- Leer
- Ember
- Taunt

Years
Made it to Oreburgh, doing just a bit more training before taking on the Gym since I caught some new Pokemon (seen below).

Total time: 4:31

Current team:

387.png

Malik (Turtwig) LV17 ♂

397.png

Star (Staravia yaaaay it evolved) Lv14 ♀

403.png

Sarabi (Shinx) Lv11 ♀

063.png

Jung (Abra) Lv12 ♂

Spr_4d_054.png

Blank (Psyduck) Lv10 ♂

Spr_4p_066.png

Hassan (Machop) Lv10 ♂

Placed in PC:
077MS.png

Artex (Ponyta) ♂- this guy'll be getting some usage once I finish up in Oreburgh. Also if this were a Nuzlocke I'd feel bad for naming him Artex >_>;

TheWeirdBadger

Ice Type Gym Leader
Years
Pokemon Pearl - Lana's Adventures

So I was really wanting to play with Budew and Buizel, so I thought, why not? I restarted my Pearl game just to try out these two, as well as Chimchar, since I've never really played with any of them. I decided to play as the girl as well, just to mix it up. I'm going to treat this as if it were a story almost. I'm only going to update this two more times, once after I defeat the Elite Four, and once after post game.

My team, after gaining the fourth badge:

391.png

Monkie, the Monferno Lv.34
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

315.png

Rosie, the Roselia Lv.36
Spoiler:

419.png

Foxie, the Floatzel Lv.34
Spoiler:

HM Slaves: Bibarel
400.png
and Wingull
278.png
(Soon to be Pelipper). Honorable mention goes to previous HM Slave Buneary
427.png
, who was my HM slave up until this point.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
SoulSilver

So after doing some research I decided to begin EV training. Picking my LARVITAR that I caught at Mount Silver as the target for the training. Being of a Lonely Nature it's Defense is strong and it's Attack is weak.

After about 3 hours of consistent training on Route 40/41 I have now acquired 255 SPDEF EVs. Now I'm going to trot around with my newly evolved PUPITAR (Lv.40 Currently-Started at 20) south of Blackthorn to train it's defense.

My future TYRANITAR will be a heavy tank specializing in DEF and SPDEF stats.

PUPITAR Lv. 40
Nature: Lonely
HP: 111
ATK: 91
DEF: 69
SPATK: 61
SPDEF: 88
SPD: 54

Attacks
SANDSTORM | EARTHQUAKE
ROCKSLIDE | STEALTHROCK

TheWeirdBadger

Ice Type Gym Leader
Years
Pokemon Pearl - Lana's Adventures Pt 2

Lana's story continues.

My team, after gaining the eighth badge:

Spr_4d_392.png

Monkie, the InfernapeLv.51
Spoiler:
Spr_4p_407_m.png

Rosie, the RoseradeLv.50

Spoiler:
419.png

Foxie, the FloatzelLv.50
Spoiler:
400.png
and Pelipper
279MS.png

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Posting now so I don't fall too far behind!

After playing a bit of KH: 358/2Days, I decided to head back to a regular RPG. I picked HeartGold to play for a few reasons. Mainly because I found a really great deal on a new copy. The game brand-new, a Ho-Oh statue, and a rare cover for the Pokewalker, all for $40. Which is exactly what SoulSilver (just the game with no extras) cost. Also, my best friend and I were talking about Pokemon, and his favorite game is Gold.

Now when I play Pokemon games, I started a tradition of playing as the male character and naming him Tetsuo. (Name came from way before G/S were released.) When I played through Crystal recently as Tetsuo, his personality began to show through. And since I'm working on my own Pokemon fanfiction, I figured why not write the adventures of Tetsuo?

If you recognize where I'm getting the nicknames of the Pokemon from, feel free to VM me. It should be easy to guess if you know where my username is from. :V

--

Day 1
Giving up on both the Kanto and Orange Leagues, Tetsuo returned home to New Bark Town. It wasn't that he just couldn't get through the challenges. It was just that the world expected him to solve all their problems. He just wanted to train his Pokemon. Tetsuo crossed over from Kanto into New Bark Town. It was windier than he last remembered. But his mother was still the same, and she even had a new version of the PokeGear to gift her son, and she still wanted to know if he knew how to use it. It was just pick up, dial the number, and wait to make a call, right?

Lyra, his friend that he hadn't seen in years, met Tetsuo right at the doorway of his house. She told him that Professor Elm had a new discovery to share, and Tetsuo should see it right now! The Marill at her feet bounced with each rise in Lyra's voice pitch.

Elm's discoveries always lead to something interesting. Waving good-bye to his mother ("Would you like me to save your money, dear?"), Tetsuo headed to Elm's lab. There, the man explained that he believed that Pokemon bonded better with their trainers when kept outside of their Pokeball, and wouldn't Tetsuo like to try it with a new Johto starter Pokemon? He did. He choose a Totodile so Tanis the Typhlosion wouldn't get jealous, and gave the reptile a nickname.

totospritehgss.png

Sturm the Totodile
Personality: Gentle
HP: 23
Attack: 14
Defense: 11
Sp. Attack: 10
Sp. Defense: 13
Speed: 10

Tetsuo and Sturm headed out of New Bark Town. Route 29 felt familiar, but different. Especially with a Totodile sniffing at Tetsuo's heels. After battling a few Hoothoot, they made it to Cherrygrove City. Tetsuo was greeted by another trainer with a Croconaw, and both trainer and Pokemon were recovering from a trip through the Orange Islands. Spending the night in Cherrygrove, Tetsuo and the trainer shared stories.*

--

Day 2

Tetsuo was so tired that he barely did much traveling. He still didn't make it to Violet City, and decided to camp on Route 30. Sturm's full of energy, even wanting to lead Tetsuo around as they travel.

But they did manage to work together to catch a Spinarak.**

spinaspritehgss.png

Kitiara the Spinarak
Personality: Lonely
HP: 15
Attack: 9
Defense: 7
Sp. Attack: 8
Sp. Defense: 7
Speed: 6

It was a difficult capture since Sturm's just a little overleveled for the area. Tetsuo likes practicing battling a lot.

*This would be my original character from the Pokemon fiction I'm currently writing. I put Tetsy's adventure in-between her second and third adventure.
**I forgot to get Kitiara's stats when I first caught her at level two, so enjoy her level three stats.

TheWeirdBadger

Ice Type Gym Leader
Years
Pokemon Pearl - Lana's Adventures Pt 3

Lana's story continues.

The Elite Four!!!:
Spoiler:

My team, after defeating the Elite Four:

Spr_4d_392.png

Monkie, the InfernapeLv.59

Nature: Naughty. Impetuous and silly.
Ability: Blaze
Item: Sitrus Berry
Move Set: Flare Blitz, Brick Break, Dig, Taunt

Spr_4p_407_m.png

Rosie, the RoseradeLv.59

Nature: Timid. Likes to thrash about.
Ability: Natural Cure
Item: Persim Berry
Move Set: Petal Dance, Toxic Spikes, Worry Seed, Shadow Ball
Beauty Ribbon, Normal Rank winner.
Smart Ribbon, Normal Rank winner.

419.png

Foxie, the FloatzelLv.58

Nature: Serious. Proud of its power.
Ability: Swift Swim
Item: Mystic Water
Move Set: Aqua Jet, Waterfall, Ice Beam, Crunch

400.png
and Pelipper
279MS.png

Also carrying around Palkia
484MS.png
just to fill in the last slot :)

View attachment 65137

[S-HIGHLIGHT]ATTENTION!![/S-HIGHLIGHT]

I am giving away all of the items that I do not need, since I am almost done with this Journey. I have almost all of the Plates and Incense, 4 Armor Fossils, a bunch of Evolutionary Stones, and practically every TM and Item you get from Regular Gameplay. I could also catch a few Pkmn Pearl exclusive Pokemon for you, if you want. I am giving them away for free, because if you don't take them, they will just go to waste. Just PM me to ask for something. The FC is 2623.9029.6759. :)

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
SoulSilver

So after much training, struggling, saving, restarting and all around trouble...I have finally defeated LANCE round 2, with his level 72 SALAMANCE. With my TYRANITARS tank like stats (thanks to EV Training) I put a stop to him. Then jokingly, I again challenged RED (or TIM in FireRed) and I was half assing the battle until I started to actually win. With the use of many REVIVES and HYPER POTIONS and beat him, utilizing VICTREEBELL's Grass Knot against the clearly; over-weight SNORLAX of his. After finally beating him, boasting on FB, I went to collect my spoils in PALLET TOWN and SAFFRON CITY. I chose MUDKIP and BULBASAUR to fill out my balanced type'd tea. Replacing POLIWRATH with MUDKIP and VICTREEBELL with BULBASAUR. I started EV Training both of them immediately. So now I have battled every challenger and have pretty much beaten the game. Now I will buy a couple new games in attempt to finish off my POKeDEX.

My Team

150px-157Typhlosion.png

TYPHLOSION ♂
Level 74
Quirky nature
Lava Plume, Flamethrower, Eruption, Rock Climb (getting rid of this one.)

150px-258Mudkip.png

MUDKIP ♂
Level 9
Bashful nature
Tackle, Growl, Surf, Mud-Slap

160px-001Bulbasaur.png

BULBASAUR ♂
Level 5
Bold nature (bad nature, :()
Tackle, Growl

155px-248Tyranitar.png

TYRANITAR ♂
Level 61
Lonley nature
Payback, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Stealth Rock

190px-064Kadabra.png

KADABRA ♀
Level 71
Bashful nature
Psybeam, Psychic, Recover

149Dragonite.png

DRAGONITE ♀
Level 61
Sassy nature
Dragon Pulse, Draco Meteor, Fly, Wing Attack

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
I decided yesterday on restarting my Soul Silver version, as there was nothing to do. I chose the fire-typed starter, Cyndaquil and to my surprise, she was a female! I named her Cindy, as it was similar to Cyndaquil and it was a reference to a playthrougher, Jimmy31428. After beating the rival and whatnot, I caught a Spearow (Pierce/M) and I traded over a Budew (Alexis/F). In addition to that, I also traded over a Bidoof HM slave and three items, being a Shiny Stone, the TM for Grass Knot and the TM for Sunny Day. I taught the former TM to Alexis and the later to Cindy. After going along, I caught a Mareep (Tiffany/F) and after some level grinding, she learned Thunder Shock! Afterwards, I beat the Violet City Gym Leader, Falkner, with ease.

After some training along the southern route, the Union Cave and the Slowpoke Well, Cindy and Tiffany both evolved into a Quilava and Flaaffy respectively. Then I beat the 3 following 'bosses': Proton, Bugzy and my rival.

156.gif

Cindy - Female - Level 17 [Blaze] @
-Ember, Quick Attack, Smokescreen and Sunny Day

021.gif

Pierce - Male - Level 14 [Keen Eye] @
-Peck, Fury Attack, Pursuit and Leer

406.gif

Alexis - Female - Level 15 [Natural Cure] @ Miracle Seed
-Mega Drain, Grass Knot, Growth and Stun Spore

180.gif

Tiffany - Female - Level 17 [Static] @ Shell Bell
-Thundershock, Tackle, Growl and Thunder Wave

50px-Zephyr_Badge.png
50px-Hive_Badge.png

Also, here's a little 'extra' team picture I drew for fun ;w;

Spoiler:

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
I'm not quite sure if this thread still follows the '6 hours to double post' rule or if it's just for the BW Travel Journey, so excuse me if I'm breaking a rule ;w;

I trudged through Ilex Forest, grinding Pierce through the wild Pokemon along the way. I encountered a Kimino Girl and then Pierce kindly showed her the way out. I grinded a bit more until I found this one dude tackling the trees. He then responded that it wasn't a Tackle, but rather, a Headbutt! He then taught said move to Tiffany and Cindy!

Outside of the forest, I obtained the TMs for Taunt and Embargo, while being excelent TMs in competitive (Wonder Launcher Battles for Embargo), I decided to keep them in my bag and not teach them to anyone. I battled the trainers in this route and met up with Ethan, who then showed me the Daycare that belonged to his Grandfather. I registered his phone number - along with the Grandfather and Grandmother's phone numbers - and proceeded out the route.

Arriving in Goldenrod City, I decided to go check up on the Dept. Store. I bought the TMs for Thunder, Fire Blast and Solarbeam, I taught Thunder to Tiffany and Fire Blast to Cindy. To my surprise though, Cindy was incompatible with Solarbeam. Oh well, at least I can teach it to her when she evolves! Walking around the city, I encountered a Game Corner and spent my time trying to get enough coins from the Voltorb Flip, losing track of time in the process. I managed to get enough coins to buy myself a Sandshrew! I named the little dude Digit, as the Pokemon reminds me of Drillbur and this was a reference to shofu's Drillbur in his B2W2 playthrough (It also looks like "Dig it!", haha!). I then taught him Rock Tomb.

I am now exploring the National Park. There's nothing much so far, I saw a Bug Catching Contest going on, though, it was a shame I missed the sign-ups by 5 minutes. I did find the TM for Dig, so I taught that to Digit.

156.gif

Cindy - Female - Level 19 [Blaze] @ Charcoal
-Ember, Fire Blast, Headbutt and Sunny Day

021.gif

Pierce - Male - Level 18 [Keen Eye] @
-Aerial Ace, Fury Attack, Pursuit and Leer

406.gif

Alexis - Female - Level 18 [Natural Cure] @ Soothe Bell
-Mega Drain, Grass Knot, Growth and Stun Spore

180.gif

Tiffany - Female - Level 20 [Static] @ Shell Bell
-Thundershock, Thunder, Headbutt and Thunder Wave

027.gif

Digit - Male - Level 18 [Sand Veil] @
-Dig, Rock Tomb, Swift, Sand-Attack
50px-Zephyr_Badge.png
50px-Hive_Badge.png

Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Just started a Sacred Gold run

-Got Chikorita as a starter
-Recived Eevee from Cynthia then got mystery egg
-Beat rival with Eevee returned egg to the professor
-Cought houndour on route 46(i thank it is the one near newbark town)
-Hunted for surskit for an hour on route 30 5% chance to appear but cought him finnaly
-Went through sprout tower with houndour and got chilled ore from the elder sage(used to evolve eevee into glaceon in this game you can choose and item for any of the eeveeloutions from him)
-Evolved Eevee into Glaceon at level 7
-Cought Gastely
-Trained Glaceon in sproute tower till level 13(when she gets icy wind
-1 shot all of Falkners birds with Glaceon

Team
471.gif

Modest Level-17
Bite
Icy wind
Tackle
Sand-attack

152.gif