• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Iolite redone

Status
Not open for further replies.

foofatron

Banned
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 2, 2007
Hack Name: Pokémon: Iolite Version

Hack Of: Pokémon Ruby Version

Intro: . I kept the name Iolite because that's a good name.There will be a lot of changes from Ruby, though it still takes place in Hoenn.New character new evil team ect.

Story:A trainer who collects Pokémon badges, and ends up catching all the Legendary pokemon and foil the evil organizations' plots. There is a new island south of EverGrande, which will be involved in the story the Mews give advice throughout your journy and help you catch the Legendary pokemon.Since the Mew were the first pokemon they know were the Legendaries are.This is a Major place.South of that is the orange islands.They will not be a major place.Lots of Fields.
Insted of the normal regoin there is Thunder fields,Fire fields,Ice fields,Grass fields.

Features:
Shinou Pokémon
Fakemon
Edited Maps
New Scripts
New Tiles
All starters in game
Every legendary pokemon has a hideout
Team fire and Ice
P.C aren't just in towns

Screenshots:

attachment.php

attachment.php

I have change tiles over time so not every screenshot will look alike.

attachment.php

attachment.php

This map was made by my mapper I know some tile errors but its awsome.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

No betas now.Hope you like it.^^
My hack has switch threw many tilesets and I'll probally stay with normal or Kyledove's.I coun't fit all of the pics.This has alot of Iolite's history.Hope you like it.The beta should be out soon.

Last edited:

foofatron

Banned
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 2, 2007
Yes there are more pokemon,events,places,diffrent starters,new team,ect.Like the old one had only one D/P pokemon and this one has alot of them and fakemon.Here are some screenshots about the pokemon.The beta should come out by March first but thats if the rom and things don,t mess up.You will be abale to get all the pokemon in the game.These screenshots are just ones I took while testing out battle sprites the starters are the three Minomucchis.Arsuses will be at Lv.90 not 5.Thats a siny one too!So is grass Minomucchi.Since the Minomucchis only have one evelution I made fakemon for it.I might add more Fakemon.Robedom if you looked at the first screenshots you should have know it was diffrent.I canged the names with poketronic so paras isn't paras its MINOMUCCI.

Last edited:

Kiyoshikane

Get with the program mai boy~
Years
The graphics clearly suck :D (kidding.)

OK, your third picture has too many flowers. So much, that it hurts to look at it, much less navigate it. Also, make a sexier layout, and people will flock all over the place :D

Well, I have nothing else to say except good luck~

foofatron

Banned
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 2, 2007
That flower place is Sheimi 's area.Three of them are short because they are Legendary pokemon.Whats so bad about the pictures?The third one does hurt I had only one flower tileset if I had more I would have added more detail.But it is only a island.The mew in your hometown is helping you!I need some scripters,mappers ,and spriters.PM or MSN

Last edited:

nudzacysie

Nudzacysie = bored man
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 9, 2011
are you the same guy that made the original iolite version

foofatron

Banned
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 2, 2007
No I took over for him after he quit.He helps when I get stuck.

nudzacysie

Nudzacysie = bored man
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 9, 2011
i never got the original to work for some reason like for example 1ce i had patched it the screen just turned white

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
Years
Just so you all know, this is the old Iolite; Foof is just continuing for me.

Spoiler/Message to Foofatron:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

foofatron

Banned
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 2, 2007
You got it DL your right I named it Wishing well for that reson.Well since I,m trying to get the beta out by March 1st I won't post the old one I try to fix some bugs..And so I want 2 beta testers to test for bugs and glitches sometimes errors occor to roms that haven't been hacked but patched with the hack.Some resons why you couldn't get it to work are 1Your roms not a good rom 2You didn't use IPS 20 0r xp or lips to patch the file.This runs best on a VBA..3 you loaded a rom which didn't have the rom patched to it or you patched it to a diffrent rom I've done it before.Here is a screenshot of Mavile it has canals insded of a walking path I'm going to try to put a boat that you can control to get to the houses insded of surfing.

Last edited:

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
Years
You got it DL your right I named it Wishing well for that reson.Well since I,m trying to get the beta out by March 1st I won't post the old one I try to fix some bugs..And so I want 2 beta testers to test for bugs and glitches sometimes errors occor to roms that haven't been hacked but patched with the hack.Some resons why you couldn't get it to work are 1Your roms not a good rom 2You didn't use IPS 20 0r xp or lips to patch the file.This runs best on a VBA..3 you loaded a rom which didn't have the rom patched to it or you patched it to a diffrent rom I've done it before.Here is a screenshot of Mavile it has canals insded of a walking path I'm going to try to put a boat that you can control to get to the houses insded of surfing.
Not too shabby, but how exactly do you plan on pulling that off? That'll take some work, as far as scripts go...

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
I have a question...

What type will Aruses be? After all, there is close to no possible way to get a hold item that will actually change his type...my guess is something along the Steel/Ghost combo.

foofatron

Banned
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 2, 2007
I have a question...

What type will Aruses be? After all, there is close to no possible way to get a hold item that will actually change his type...my guess is something along the Steel/Ghost combo.

If I firgure out a way to change an item to the plates if not it would be normal ghost,or steel ghost which one do you guys think is better?Help for the boat event would be apprcated if I can't get the boat event then make surf accses able before you get there.Notice the path? there is something good at the end not telling what it is I might add that in the beta.

If you want to join i need Skills:
Proof of Work:
MSN/Yahoo IM
And if you're applying to be a mapper make sure that the map is good!

Need
scripters
mapers
eventers
OW spriters
IB spriters
trainer spriters
hex editors

PM me if you want to join

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2007
im really up about the d/p's you've inserted but ima be honest and say that the mapping need's a whole lot of improvement, and dont get me wrong its not blinding or anything but there is a handful of eye sore's

DiamondDust

Life Is An Initial Step...
Years
Until the thread gets approved I'll post updates here here is Darkrai Island (DL this is the place I wanted to use the tileset.I finished all the D/P legendary places I need Darkrai's sprite and Sheimi's front, back, and icon.This is the in battle sprites.Still need overworld sprites.Serebii.net has a Legendary pokemon page with pictures of what the front OW sprites look like.But I can never get it to look good.PS the picture on Serebii don't save I just look at them to see what they look like.
That was from the old one, i got a concern.
Please change the rocks in that attachment.

Is there anyone in this with you?

foofatron

Banned
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 2, 2007
im really up about the d/p's you've inserted but ima be honest and say that the mapping need's a whole lot of improvement, and dont get me wrong its not blinding or anything but there is a handful of eye sore's

Maybe to you but I like them It's better than the onriginal maps and lay outs.Remeber these are hacks,hacks are ment to be diffrent than the aculal game.
Thats just the tilesets and the maps are fine I'm going to change the third map a little put less flowers if you think it kills your eyes.I like the maps the way they are and the Darkai rocks were only there because I didn't have anything else that would fit that good and the pictures some of the color got distored so in the beta they will look beter not eye killers.Some of the maps got brighter some got duller.This is what the flowers look like in the game.And no I working all by myself.The trainer I made dissapears when you run like in the photo why?Sometimes it comes out as just a black head.SL you can be a better tester when its ready I'll give it to you on MSN.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2007
no dude they arent better then the original's that's crazy talk lol and im not here to argue i was talking about for example in the pic with the bridge in it and the poke center on the right you have just ridged the whole right side of the water bank and it is very unattractive man just note i was giving you pointers no hard feelings man i forgot to say so i got to edit this in but yes man the tiles are not what im talking about im talking about the arangement of them

foofatron

Banned
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 2, 2007
I'm giong to improve my maping skills and edit the tilesets so they match and look good.

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2007
thanks for not taking that the wrong way but ill probably be playing this hack and ima mapper myself so some things are bound to stick out to me but other then that man it looks good i hope you finish it
ps something that always helps me with mapping is finding a story to put behind the landscape it makes it easy for the whole thing to just pour out idea after another and do remember if something dont look right just scan over the tile's you'll find away to make it look good
with that said good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back