• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Episode 5: A whole new level

Brian Powell

Have a nice day!
Years
Pokemon Xtreme: Episode 5: A whole new level

Chapter 1

Black Jack is now on a path to the Hoenn League Stadium, where strong trainers gather to compete to become the next Hoenn League champion. But he was not interested in becoming Hoenn League champion; he is only interested in smashing heads.

Over the passed number of weeks, he kept on thinking about whom or what has spoke to him in his mind when he and Mewtwo fought against each other.

Upon arrival, a lot of people soon recognised him and ran over to him, asking for his autographs and photos. ?Oh shoot!? he thought. ?How do these people know me??

Pokemon fans surrounded Black Jack and he felt like he was being forced to sign autographs. But luckily for him, a police officer blew her whistle for their attention.

?Alright!? she ordered. ?What?s going on here??
?Let me guess,? Black Jack said. ?You?re Officer Jenny right? Not that I?m looking for you.?
?Ah, Black Jack, you must be the man who helped saved the children from the Rocket Revengers.?
?Oh no, don?t mention them. Makes me wanna puke.?
?Why are you here??
?To look for some real challenges.?
?Are you qualified??
?My winning streak is 2000-0.?
?Only competitors are allowed in the league if they have at least eight gym badges from the Hoenn region. Do you have at least eight gym badges??
?I lost count on that. Let me see.?

Black Jack reached down his jacket pocket and took out small black bag, which is full of different badges from different regions that he visited. The crowd gasped with amazement. ?He?s overqualified!? shouted one of them.

?Is that the famous Black Jack I?m looking at?? asked a voice.
?Yep, I am Black Jack. But I wish I wasn?t famous,? Black Jack replied, as he turned round to look at the person who asked the question.

To his surprise, he is looking at Hoenn?s current champion and the youngest pokemon master. That pokemon master happened to be none other than?

?Ash Ketchum,? said Black Jack.
?Pleasure to finally meet ya,? Ash replied as he and Black Jack shook hands.
?Likewise.?
?Pikachu,? Pikachu said, who was riding on Ash?s hand.
?Yep,? Black Jack said as he shook Pikachu?s paw. ?And you as well.?
?Thinking about joining the tournament?? Ash asked.
?Maybe,? Black Jack replied. ?But I have no interest in becoming champion or becoming a pokemon master. I?m just here to look for some heads to smash.?

Ash gave a confident smile. Black Jack soon realised what that meant. ?You?re joining too, huh?? he asked.
?Yep,? Ash replied. ?I was invited back to defend my title. Perhaps you didn?t know that I was going to participate until now.?

?Oh ho,? said another voice, only this time it sounded from a guy more arrogant.

Black Jack turned around to see a man with blond shoulder length hair. He was wearing a designer shirt, trousers* and black gloves. ?Let me guess,? the man said. ?Black Jack isn?t it? The most talked about guy in the Hoenn region next to Ketchum. If there?s one guy that people should be talking about, it?s me.?

(*: Trousers are called pants in America)

Ash doesn?t seem to like that man?s attitude. ?Who are you??
?You don?t know who I am?? replied the man in an arrogant tone. ?I?m gonna tell you who I am before I take that championship away from you. The name is Chris Jolteon.?
?Chris Jolteon, eh?? Black Jack said. ?Did your mum name you that or is that the best you can do for a stupid persona??
?You?re now asking for it, punk!? Chris Jolteon yelled. ?Don?t you know what I did to get here? I travelled all around the world defeating trainers and gym leaders non-stop! I collected more pokemon than anyone collected stamps! I became part of TV shows and movies! I have done everything!?

While Jolteon kept on boasting, Black Jack and the others were becoming bored of him. ?But there are two things that I have not done!? he continued. ?Is kick Black Jack?s or Ketchum?s butt in a pokemon battle!?

Black Jack smiled evilly when Jolteon mentioned ?pokemon battle?, as he knew what?s coming.

?So, answer me, Black Jack,? Jolteon demanded. ?You and me, any round. What do you say??
?Officially,? Black Jack replied. ?I accept your match. This tournament is gonna take pokemon battling to a whole new level.?
?Too right! I will show everyone that I am more charismatic, more skilful and more stronger than anybody! No one will be comparing me to anybody else!?
?You can keep thinking that way, kid, but I?m just gonna show you something that you have never received? no mercy.?

As everyone watched, Black Jack turned round to enter the Hoenn League stadium to sign up for the tournament.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
More coming! Send your comments please!

Last edited:

Brian Powell

Have a nice day!
Years
Chapter 2

Black Jack stood at the entrance of the battlefield of the arena, getting ready for his first round of the tournament. He can hear the crowd was giving some huge cheers from the outside, but he never felt nervous one bit.

?Time to whip some,? he said to himself as he walked out into the arena, clenching his fists.

?Will you please welcome,? shouted the announcer excitedly. ?The man who is on his winning streak of 2000-0 and the man who has more badges than a normal guy has teeth, please cheer for the man known as Black Jack!?

The crowd was giving some great big cheers for Black Jack. He walked into the arena and waited for his opponent. Chris Jolteon came out, as he is Black Jack?s first opponent.

?And his opponent, from Canada,? cried the announcer with excitement. ?The man known for his famous Eevee evolution team and he also claims to be the most famous man in the world? Chris Jolteon!?

Chris Jolteon walked down to his respective part of the field, posing and showing off along the way. When he got there, Black Jack sarcastically placed his finger into his mouth with a bored look on his face. Seeing that, Chris Jolteon had a vain on his forehead and shouted, ?I?ll make you pay for that!?

Elsewhere in the audience, Ash sat and watched the action with focus in his eyes and Pikachu sitting on his lap. There were four vacant seats on his left.

?Ash!? a girl?s voice called. Ash turned round to find four people looking for him. One of them had a yellow tanktop, short blue jeans with straps to hold them and ginger hair with a ponytail at the side of her head. The other had spiky brown hair and small eyes and wore a green jacket. Another had a red bandanna, red jacket and tight shorts that nearly reached her knee. Another one was a child, who wore glasses, a green shirt and brown shorts.

?Misty! Brock! Max! May! Over here!? Ash called waving his arms for their attention.
?Pika pika!? Pikachu cried also waving his arms.

Ash?s friends ran to their seats in case anyone would get there first. ?Ash,? Misty said happily. ?Who?s battling right now??
?Take a look,? Ash replied as he pointed at Black Jack.
?Is that Black Jack?? May exclaimed.
?Yeah!? Brock replied. ?He?s the guy who helped this girl named Cassandra save the kids in Rustboro City.?
?I heard that Black Jack got himself into many dangerous situations and out,? Max continued. ?With his winning streak of 2000-0, I bet that he?ll win this one for sure.?

?In the first rounds, the participants can only use one pokemon each,? cried the announcer. ?The big screen will now select who will choose the trainer to select his pokemon first.?
The big screen of the arena circulated between the pictures of Black Jack and Chris Jolteon. The picture stopped at Chris Jolteon?s picture.

?Alright then, punk,? Chris Jolteon said. ?I choose Jolteon!?
?Figures,? Black Jack replied. ?I already knew that you would choose him, since he must be your favourite.?
?All of my pokemon are more than enough for you!?
?We?ll see about that. Tyranitar! It?s your time to shine!?

Black Jack threw out a pokeball and out popped Tyranitar. He gave a loud roar as he prepared for battle.

?Tyranitar versus Jolteon?? May asked.
?Yep,? Brock replied. ?Both pokemon have their advantages and disadvantages against each other. A Tyranitar has higher physical defence and attack stats, while Jolteon has high elemental attack power and speed.?
?And that?s not all,? Max continued. ?Tyranitar is a rock and dark type, while Jolteon is an electric type. There is only one bug type attack that Jolteon can learn and that is the Pin Missile attack, and dark types are weak against bug type attacks. But having heard of Black Jack and his pokemon?s ability of being unpredictable in battle, I have no clue what he or his Tyranitar has in their minds.?

?Now without ado,? cried the announcer. ?LET?S GET READY TO RUMBLE!?

Chris Jolteon got his pokemon ready to attack. ?I?ll finish you off real fast!? he taunted. ?Jolteon! Thunder attack!?
?Already?? Black Jack asked with a confident smirk.

Jolteon charged himself up until his electric powers were full; he then let out a huge roar as lightning was shot out from him and went into the clouds and then dived down at Tyranitar.

?Too easy,? Black Jack criticised. ?Dodge to your left, Tyranitar.?

Tyranitar did what he was instructed as he confidently took one step to his left, making the lightning hit the ground instead, missing him by an inch. A lot of people in the audience had surprised look on their faces and gasped.

?Whoa!? Brock said. ?Smooth move, if that Thunder attack did hit Tyranitar, it would?ve done a lot of damage.?
?I told you guys,? Max said. ?Black Jack is unpredictable, he just showed that his Tyranitar can move fast.?

?Now, Tyranitar!? Black Jack commanded. ?Mega Punch attack!?
?Jolteon!? Chris Jolteon yelled. ?Pin Missile attack!?

Jolteon shot out his Pin Missile attack like wildfire. The attack did hit Tyranitar, but he wasn?t even fazed as he continued to run at Jolteon at high speed.

Tyranitar went on to hit Jolteon with Mega Punch, but he jumped out of harm?s way, making Tyranitar punch the ground instead. The punch was so hard that it created a hole in it.

?If that?s the way this is gonna be,? Chris Jolten thought to himself. ?I?ll have to worn him out.?

?Jolteon!? he commanded. ?Agility now!?

Jolteon started to run rings around Tyranitar. ?Stand still,? Black Jack said. ?Don?t worry too much about it.?

Jolteon has been running around Tyranitar for a long time, but Tyranitar didn?t show any sign of confusion or tiredness. Chris Jolteon was beginning to get frustrated. ?Jolteon!? Chris Jolteon ordered. ?Tackle attack!?

?In front of him?? Black Jack asked with criticism. ?Tyranitar! Shadow Punch!?

Tyranitar gave a stretched and swift punch to knock Jolteon down, like a Seviper would strike a pidgey.

May gave several blinks. ?What happened?? she asked. ?I?ve never seen a pokemon punch like that before.?
?A shadow punch?? Brock asked. ?I thought that only Dusclops? learn that move.?
?I guess Black Jack has his own way of teaching moves,? Max replied.

Misty couldn?t help but noticing Ash concentrating on the battle.

Jolteon slowly picked himself up. ?Jolteon!? Chris Jolteon commanded. ?Thunderbolt attack!?

Black Jack gave a confident smile as Jolteon charged himself up. Jolteon tried to let the electric attack but it was no use, as he suddenly felt worn out.

?Hey! What?s going on here?? Chris Jolteon asked.
?Batteries have their own limits,? Black Jack replied. ?And it looks like your Jolteon has reached his.?
?What!?
?Since Jolteon has been running around Tyranitar for a long time, he has been growing tired. That means that he had no longer had the energy to use his electric attack, let alone carry on with the battle. In other words? you?re finished.?
?No way!?
?Tyranitar! Focus Punch attack!?

Tyranitar turned around as he charged himself. Jolteon had no more energy to move, as Tyranitar slid quickly at him while giving a devastating punch, which caused an explosion, sending him flying. ?NO!? Chris Jolteon cried as his Jolteon fell to the ground unconscious

After that, everyone stood and gave a deafening cheer for Black Jack.

Chris Jolteon fell to his knees and was in tears as he called back his defeated pokemon.

?Loser,? Black Jack disappointedly thought as he walked to the back of the stadium. Even though he won, he felt nothing. He felt that something was missing in his life of adventures.

A few minutes later, Black Jack was at the pokemon center, waiting for his pokemon to be healed. He also waited to find out who his next opponent might be. ?Hi, Black Jack,? said a girl?s voice.

Black Jack turned around to see her acquaintance, Cassandra. Along side her was one of the students from the Flaming Fist School, fifteen years old. ?Cassandra and Lao Ping,? Black Jack said. ?Long time, no see. What are you guys doing here??

?Did you actually expect us to miss your matches?? Cassandra asked. ?I promised Gardevior that she?d be able to see how you and your pokemon were battling.?
?And I?ve been chosen to see how Blaziken was getting on,? Lao Ping replied. ?Surely you must?ve trained him well.?

Before Black Jack could answer, the big screen circled around to find the pokemon trainers battling for the next round. It turned out that Black Jack?s opponent would be a man known as Mr. Mack. He was wearing sport and street clothing.

?Mr. Mack?? Cassandra said. ?I never heard of him.?

Black Jack gave a nasty smile. ?Might as well whip his as well,? he thought.

Brian Powell

Have a nice day!
Years
What? Still no comments...?

Chapter 3

It has been a few hours since Black Jack defeated the loudmouth, Chris Jolteon. Along with Lao Ping, Cassandra, Misty, Brock, May and Max, he sat as part of an audience member and watched Ash participating on his pokemon battle.

?Alright, Bayleef!? Ash commanded. ?Tackle attack!?

Bayleef charged like a Rhydon at the opponent?s Donphan, sending him flying until he fell and crashed on the ground. Ash has just won his first round at the Hoenn League.

?Yeah!? Ash yelled triumphantly. ?You did it Bayleef!?
?Pi pikachu!? Pickachu cried as he held up a ?V? sign.

Bayleef excitedly turned round and ran at Ash. ?Bay bay!? she cried as she leapt into the air and landed on Ash. He couldn?t help but laugh as she kept on licking his face.*

(*: Licking is an animal?s sign of affection and friendship.)

The entire crowd stood up and gave a deafening cheer for Ash. Everyone stood up except Black Jack, as he only stayed seated and applauded him with a smile.

That night, Ash, Misty, Max, May, were at a restaurant, waiting for Black Jack and the others. Cassandra and Lao Ping came.

?Sorry we?re late?, Cassandra said.
?Hey?, Max said. ?Where?s Black Jack??
?We?re sorry about that as well,? Lao Ping replied. ?But he couldn?t make it tonight.?
?Huh? Why not?? Ash asked.
Cassandra and Lao Ping looked at each in an uncomfortable manner. ?Let?s just say that he has a lot of things on his mind right now,? Cassandra replied as she and Lao Ping sat down. The others couldn?t help but wonder.

Outside the Hoenn League village, Black Jack was lying by a tree with a straw in his mouth. He was reflecting on what has happened over the past few months after he left Team Rocket. First, he became Blaziken?s new trainer after his old trainer passed away. Then he helped Cassandra save the children of Rustboro?s Pokemon School. Then he noticed that some kid was calling for him while he was battling Mewtwo.

He always saw himself as a tough and merciless SOB, but for some reason he always helped others in need. While he thought about it, his Nidoking came into his view. ?Finished your dinner already?? Black Jack asked.
Nidoking nodded.
?Nidoking,? Black Jack continued. ?Do you think that I have gone soft??
?Nid?? Nidoking asked. Which meant, ?huh??
?Ah, forget it,? Black Jack replied, realising that Nidoking wouldn?t understand.

The next day, Black Jack was getting ready for his second round of the tournament. He walked out on the battlefield and waited for his opponent while the announcer introduced Black Jack to the audience. His opponent came out wearing sport and street clothing. He had a radio in one hand and a microphone in the other as he spoke in rhymes, introducing himself.*

(*: In other words, he was rapping.)

?Yo!?
?So you is the famous Black Jack!?
?I is also famous!?
?I is known as the famous Mr. Mack!?
?Now dat I is in the Hoenn League Championship!?
?I?ll go on the attack!?
?And making you go ?what dat!??

?Sad?? Black Jack whispered as he gave Mr. Mack a bored look.

?In this round,? cried the announcer. ?Only two pokemon can be used by each trainer! Are you two ready??
?Yeah! I?m ready, fools!? Mr. Mack yelled.
?Ready to be smashed you mean,? Black Jack replied confidently.
?Well then? LET?S GET READY TO RUMBLE!?

The huge screen chose Mr. Mack to choose his pokemon first.

?Before we start, fools,? Mr. Mack said. ?How about it if I play a little music!?

He placed his radio next to him and played a tape, which played rapping songs.

Ash, Pikachu, Misty, Brock, May, Max, Cassandra, her Gardevior and Loa Ping sat as part of the audience, watching the match. ?Why would he want to play some music?? Ash thought. He then gasped as he remembered. ?Wait! I?ve seen that strategy before!? I remember now! It was a couple of years ago while I had a pokemon battle against Rudy back in the Orange Islands!?

?Now I choose Hitmonlee, fools!? Mr. Mack yelled as he threw the pokeball. Hitmonlee popped out of his pokeball and kept on jumping in a single spot while preparing himself for battle.

?Hmph! Metagross!? Black Jack yelled. ?I choose you!?

Metagross popped out of his pokeball, getting ready for battle.

?Metagross!? Black Jack commanded. ?Psybeam attack!?

Metagross aimed and shot out two powerful psybeams out his eyes. But Hitmonlee dodged them as he leapt into the air while doing a leg split. As he landed on his feet, he started dancing again.

?Never seen that before, but it?s obvious the reason why he?s dancing.? Black Jack thought as he spotted a radio next to Mr. Mack. ?That must be he?s strategy.?

Black Jack took out his pokeball. ?Metagross! Return!?

?It looks like he?s got some other plan in mind,? Ash thought.

?Blaziken! Go for it!? Black Jack cried as he tossed another pokeball.

Blaziken popped out of his pokeball. ?Blazi??

Lao Ping nearly got off his seat as he saw his friend on the battlefield. ?Blaziken?? he said to himself.

Blaziken stood poised for battle and noticed that Hitmonlee was dancing, meaning that he must be very careful.

?That punk kid?s waiting for me to attack,? Black Jack thought. ?But as soon as I do, he might be able to counter it.?

Blaziken?s eyes narrowed, trying to predict what Mr. Mack and his Hitmonlee are planning.

?You?re keeping us waiting, fools!? Mr. Mack shouted.
Black Jack and Blaziken realised Mr. Mack?s weakness. ?Well, if you hate waiting,? he replied. ?Why don?t you attack first!?
?Hitmonlee! Rolling Kick now!?

Hitmonlee ran forward. Blaziken stood poised, ready to counter. But to his surprise, Hitmonle flipped forward to do a handstand while both his feet grabbed Blaziken?s head.

Hitmolee flipped his body backwards while his feet held Blaziken?s head and dragged it, flipping Blaziken over, and landing on his back. Both pokemon quickly picked themselves up. Blaziken was momentarily hurt as he held his back.

?I meant seismic toss, fool!? Mr. Mack taunted. ?Hehe!?

?That punk!? Black Jack thought. ?He tricked us!?

?That?s what you get when you face Mr. Mack!? Mr. Mack said. ?Don?t forget, He has seen you battle against Chris Jolteon and he knows you?re strategy, sucka!?
?Battles are more than just strategies, weirdo.?
?Yeah! It?s about brawn as well! But judging by your Blaziken, I?d say that he has neither!?

Black Jack?s eyes narrowed. ?Brains and brawn, eh?? he thought. ?He won?t know what?ll hit him??

Blaziken looked at both Hitmonlee and his trainer. He motioned Hitmonlee to come and fight him. ?I agree!? Mr. Mack shouted as he saw that. ?Let?s get back to kicking their butts, Hitmonlee! Jump Kick attack!?

Hitmonlee kept on doing the cartwheels towards Blaziken. Blaziken stepped back a few steps until Hitmonlee leapt into the air.

?He?s gonna come down real fast,? Black Jack warned. ?Get ready to dodge!?

Hitmonlee performed a dive kick at Blaziken, who dodged out of the way. ?Big mistake!? Mr. Mack taunted. ?Mega kick!?

Hitmonlee switched his jump kick attack to a Mega kick attack where he attacked Blaziken?s head with a spin kick. But to Hitmonlee?s surprise, he blocked ?Blaziken!? Black Jack yelled as he saw the attack coming. ?Counter attack!?

His fist of the other arm burned an angry red fire as he gave Hitmonlee a hefty punch in the gut. Hitmonlee was sent flying to the end of the field until he fell to the ground.

It took a few seconds for Hitmonlee to slowly pick himself up. He was in immense pain as he held his gut.

?Now do you see why you shouldn?t playing around with other people, let alone me?? Black Jack asked. ?This is what you get for annoying us!?

Mr. Mack had a cold sweat on his head, not knowing what to do next. ?Don?t feel like dancing now huh?? Black Jack taunted. ?Now Blaziken! Blaze Kick attack!?

Blaziken ran like a speeding bullet and aimed his blaze kick attack at Hitmonlee?s gut. ?Block that attack, Hitmonlee!? Mr. Mack ordered.

Hitmonlee held one of his hands out, ready to defend while the other held his injured body part. But Blaziken tricked Hitmonlee by jumping on his defensive hand and then both his feet smashed and bounced off Hitmonlee?s face. Blaziken somersaulted backwards and landed on his feet while the back of the head of Hitmonlee hit the ground hard, knocking him out. ?It looks like we?re even,? Black Jack said.

Hitmonlee was no longer able to battle. With frustration in his eyes, Mr. Mack called him back. ?Golduck!? he shouted. ?Go smash that Blaziken to bits!?

Golduck pooped out of his pokeball. He does his little dance routine because of the music that Mr. Mack?s radio was playing. Blaziken responded by folding his arms and tapping his foot, waiting for Golduck to make his move.

?Golduck!? Mr Mack cried. ?Ice Punch attack!?

Golduck began moving towards Blaziken while doing flips and somersaults, trying to confuse him. Black Jack focused on Golduck?s movements, so did Blaziken.

Golduck leapt into the air. ?It?s coming from above!? Black Jack warned.
?Blaze!? Blaziken replied.

Golduck went to land his icy fist on Blaziken?s face. Blaziken went to counter the attack with his fire punch attack. Both punches collided; only Gol****?s ice shattered to pieces and his fist took damage at the same time. Golduck landed on his back, holding his injured hand.

As Golduck picked himself, Blaziken got himself ready to attack again. ?Blaziken!? Black Jack yelled. ?Comet Punch attack and Rolling Kick!?

Neither Mr. Mack nor Golduck had time to react when Blaziken leapt forward and performed a series of punches and kicks on different parts of Golduck?s entire body.

?Fury attack and Sky uppercut!? Black Jack ordered. Blaziken continued his attack when he formed his hands into a type of a bird pokemon as he kept on poking viciously at Golduck?s chest, ending the attack when he sent Golduck into the air with an uppercut. Golduck fell hard on the floor.

Having enough of seeing his Golduck getting beaten up by Blaziken, he decided to use his elemental advantages against him. ?Golduck!? he cried. ?Water gun attack!?

Golduck immediately got up, leapt backwards, breathed in and let out huge foam of water out of his mouth.

?Blaziken!? Black Jack ordered. ?Counter it with your Sky Uppercut and Fire Spin!?

Blaziken?s paw burned an angry red fire. He let out a huge uppercut into the air as he and a huge fiery whirlwind came from the ground because of his momentum to counter and evaporate Golduck?s attack. Not only that the air was hot, but there were also strong and heavy winds around everyone in the arena.

Everyone held on to their seats, trying not to get sucked into the fiery whirlwind. Some of them covered their eyes so that dusts wouldn?t get into their eyes. Misty lost her grip of her seat and was being sucked in. ?Misty!? Ash cried as he grabbed hold of Misty?s hand.

The only person and pokemon was standing confidently was Black Jack and his Blaziken.

The one that was mostly in danger was Golduck as he looked at the whirlwind with fear and took a few steps back while it was coming closer and closer. Mr. Mack was too distracted by the whirlwind?s force, trying to not get sucked in. There was nothing they could do.

Golduck tried to run away but was caught by the whirlwind. The force around him made him spun around and around. Not only that, he was also receiving damage by the heat of the fire.

It took some time for the attack to end. As the whirlwind slowly disappeared everyone looked back on the battlefield. It turned out that Golduck was lying on the floor, unconscious. Mr. Mack and his Golduck lost the battle, and Black Jack and his Blaziken won.

?No! No! No! No! No! NO! NO! NO!? Mr. Mack cried as he fell to his knees. He then got out his pokeball. ?Golduck, get back in here??

Everyone stood up after seeing the amazing victory that Black Jack and Blaziken pulled. The one that was the most enthusiastic was Lao Ping. ?Blaziken! You did it!? he cried.

Black Jack walked close to the spot where Blaziken was standing. Blaziken turned to see his current trainer. ?Old man Wong must be very proud of you,? Black Jack said in a caring tone.
?Blaze?? Blaziken replied as he looked up into the skies. A small teardrop ran down his face.

Brian Powell

Have a nice day!
Years
To Capalex65: Thanx, mate. *smiles*

Chapter 4

The next day at the pokemon stadium, it was Ash?s turn again to battle another opponent. This time it was for the semi-finals of the tournament. Ash?s friends were watching him with excitement. Black Jack was the only member of the audience who wasn?t excited, but he was watching Ash with confidence that Ash would win.

?Pikcahu!? Ash cried. ?Quick attack!?

?Pika!? Pikachu cried as he ran and tackled a Raticate, knocking it down.
?Now! Thunderbolt!?
?Pika? (Shoots out a huge electric attack) CHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!?

The bolt of lightning hit Raticate and shocked him until he became unconscious. ?Raticate is no longer able to battle!? The ref cried as he held up a flag. ?Pikachu and Ash are the winners!?
?We did it, Pikachu!? Ash yelled with excitement.
?Pi Pikachu!? Pikachu cried as he held up a V-sign.

There was a standing ovation and deafening cheer for Ash for that victory. Black Jack remained seated as he gave Ash some applause.

At the pokemon center of Hoenn Leauge stadium, Black Jack was checking to see who was his next opponent.

?Nurse Joy,? he said. ?Who is my next opponent??
?Let me see,? she replied as she checked on a computer. ?Ah yes, here we are. You?re next opponent is Cecilia Stansfield.?
?I never heard of her,? he replied.
?But I have heard of you,? said a girl?s voice.

Black Jack turned around to see a twenty-year-old Chinese girl in a traditional Chinese dress. ?It?s an honour and pleasure to finally meet you, Mr. Black Jack.?

She politely bowed to him while Black Jack smiled. ?Likewise,? he replied.
?I have heard many and great deeds you have done, sir.?
?? And I haven?t heard anything about you. But getting this far, you must be good.?
?I look forward to our battle. And I hope that it?ll be a great one.?
?You can count on it.?

They both shook hands.

?And may the best trainer win.?
?I plan to.?

Cecilia giggled at that remark as she turned to exit the center. ?Finally,? Black Jack thought as he shrugged. ?A trainer who isn?t a freak!?

The next day, Black Jack got himself ready for his semi-final round as he walked into the battlefield waiting for his next opponent, Cecilia. Black Jack?s ?acquaintances? sat as part of the audience.

?So who?s this Cecilia?? Ash asked.
?I heard that she came from Mossdeep city,? Max replied. ?She trained at Mossdeep City gym to learn about psychic pokemon, but she likes to learn other styles too and she trains her pokemon in different manners.?
?What kind of matter??
?Well for example, she might?ve taught a Scyther to use a poison type attack, like Toxic.?

As Cecilia came out, Brock immediately fell for her. ?She?s beautiful as well!? he cried. ?She can train me anytime!?

Both Misty and Max pulled each one of Brock?s ears to make him snap out of his daydream.

?In this round,? The announcer cried. ?Both trainer?s are allowed to use three pokemon each! The screen will now show who will be the trainer to start first!?

The big screen had chosen Black Jack to select his first pokemon. ?I think I?ll use the pokemon that I haven?t used yet,? he thought. He remembered using Tyranitar in the first round, and he also used Blaziken and Metagross in the second round. That means that he had Feraligatr, Nidoking and Salamence left. He picked out a pokeball out of his trainer belt. ?Feraligatr!? he cried as he tossed it out. ?Go for it!?

He tossed out the pokeball and Feraligatr popped out, giving a loud roar. Cecilia picked out one of her pokeballs and tossed it out. ?Scyther!? she cried. ?I choose you!?

Scyther popped and got into his battle stance as he prepared himself for battle.

?Scyther!? Cecilia shouted. ?Slash attack!?
?Feraligatr!? Black Jack shouted. ?Dodge it now!?

Scyther?s slash attack was coming down on Feraligatr like a falling tree, only Feraligatr barely dodged out of the way. Scyther kept on slashing at Feraligatr but it kept on missing each time. Suddenly Black Jack noticed the moment when Scyther?s movement slowed as Scyther leapt into the air.

?Feraligatr!? Black Jack shouted. ?Grab the scythes!?
Feraligatr quickly grabbed Scyther?s scythe as soon as they were coming down on him.

Scyther landed on his feet as his scythes were caught, and he wasn?t able to struggle free. Cecilia had a shocked look on her face.

?Now feraligatr!? Black Jack ordered. ?Headbutt attack.?

Feraligatr opened Scyther?s arms apart and headbutted him in the head, knocking Scyther down. ?Now Feraligatr!? Black Jack commanded. ?Finish him off with your slash attack!?

Feraligatr leapt into the air and was about to defeat Scyther. ?Scyther!? Cecilia cried. ?Toxic attack!?

Scyther opened his mouth and spat a huge poisonous vomit at Feraligatr. Feraligatr fell down hard on the ground as his entire body suddenly felt weak.

?See?? Max said. ?I told ya!?

?Shoot!? Black Jack thought. ?Feraligatr?s hit!?

Feraligatr struggled to get to his feet, as did Scyther since he vomited out the poisonous sludge. Both pokemon were feeling quite weak. Ash noticed that Black Jack isn?t calling back his weakened pokemon.

?Why isn?t he calling back his weakened pokemon?? Ash asked. ?Doesn?t he care about his pokemon??
?Pika?? Pikachu.
?Of course he does,? Cassandra replied. ?I?ve seen how the way he treats his pokemon. From what I saw, they are more than just a trainer training his pokemon. One time, Black Jack and his pokemon fought together as a team against those thugs, the Rocket Revengers.?
?I remembered reading about that,? Brock replied. ?Black Jack?s way of training must be very different to everybody else?s.?
?True,? Max replied. ?I heard that trains them by battling them himself. And judging by Black Jack?s physicality, I?d say that he must?ve trained them very well.?

?Even though Feraligatr?s hurt, I know that he won?t give in,? Black Jack thought, feeling Feraligatr?s determination, his will to fight and his will to win.

?Scyther!? Cecilia cried. ?Now that Feraligatr?s weakened, finish it off with your Slash attack!?

Scyther leapt into the air. ?Jumping with swords again, eh?? Black Jack said confidently. ?Feraligatr! Grab Scyther?s neck!?

As Scyther?s cutting edges were coming down on Feraligatr?s head, he instantly grabbed his neck, stopping the attack. ?What?? Cecilia said in shock.

?Slam him now!? Black Jack commanded. Feraligatr lifted Scyther up the neck and then slammed him on the ground, knocking him out. Scyther was no longer able to battle.

Feraligatr was no longer able to battle either as he fainted due to the poisonous effect of Scyther?s Toxic. It turned out to be a draw. Both Black Jack and Cecilia called back their pokemon.

?Nice work, Feraligatr,? Black Jack said to Feraligatr?s pokeball.

?Since this is a draw, ladies and gents,? Cried the announcer. ?The computer will now select who?ll the first to pick their next pokemon.?

The screen chose Cecilia this time to choose. ?Scar Maker!? she cried as she picked out another pokeball. ?I choose you!?

Another Scyther came out as he gave out a battle cry. ?Another Scyther huh?? Black Jack asked. ?I think you made a bit of mistake, using the same pokemon type for this battle.?
?I?m afraid not,? Cecilia replied confidently. ?This Scyther?s different from the one you?ve defeated.?
?Okay then? Nidoking! Your turn!?

Black Jack chucked out another pokeball, which contained Nidoking. He popped out of his pokeball and gave a loud roar as he prepared for battle.

?You think that roar would scare us?? Cecilia taunted. ?Scar Maker! Sword Dance and Cut attack!?

Scar Maker spun round as he dashed towards Nidoking like a small tornado. ?Nidoking!? Black Jack yelled. ?Jump over it!?

Nidoking attempted to jump over Scar Maker?s Sword Dance / Cut combo, Cecilia had another attack in her mind. ?Scar Maker!? she cried. ?Sandstorm now!?

Scar Maker spun faster and faster a huge tornado was picked up and caught Nidoking. He was taken by spun by surprise as he spun round and round. ?Shoot!? Black Jack thought as he was surprised by that move as well.

Nidoking?s face turned from being surprised to being dizzy and nauseous. ?Scar Maker!? Cecilia ordered. ?Stop the attack!?

Scar Maker stopped spinning and looked up. As Nidoking fell down, everyone thought that Nidoking was knocked by the Sandstorm. ?It looks like Nidoking?s out,? Cassandra said sadly.

But to everyone?s surprise, Nidoking retaliated from his dizziness as he spun round and instinctively aimed his stomp move on Scar Maker. ?Scar Maker! Dodge!? Cecilia ordered. Scar Maker barely moved out of harm?s way as Nidoking?s feet landed on the ground, making a huge crack.

?Look?s like Nidoking?s not out yet,? Black Jack said confidently. Nidoking gave an nasty growl to his opponent.
?Scar Maker! Swift attack!? Cecilia commanded.

Scar Maker leapt into the air and quickly spread out his scythes as he shot out tens of energy fireballs that looked like stars.

?A swift attack,? Black Jack commented confidently. ?A move that never misses? and neither does this! Nidoking! Counter attack!?

Nidoking swung his tail round to bounce the swift attack back at Scar Maker. He tried to dodge the attack but it was no use.

As Scar Maker fell to the ground, Nidoking gave a loud roar. Black Jack noticed what his pokemon wanted to do at that very moment. ?Now Nidoking!? he shouted. ?Thrash attack!?

Nidoking tackled Scar Maker to the floor and began his trademark pummelling. ?Now finish it off with your Mega Punch attack!?

Nidoking lifted his right arm and punched his opponent right in the face, knocking him out. The punch was so hard, that it made most of the audience hurt.

?Scar Maker!? Cecilia cried. ?Return!?

Scar went back into his pokeball. Cecilia took out her third and final pokeball. ?Edge!? she cried. ?I choose you!?

A Scizor popped out of his pokeball. ?Scizor??

?Hmm?? Cassandra thought. ?Her battling tactics seems strangely familiar to me??

?Take a breather, Nidoking!? Black Jack said as he took out his pokeball. Nidoking was sent back into the pokeball. Black Jack took out another pokeball. ?Salamence! Go for it!?

Salamence popped out of his pokeball and gave a loud roar as he prepared for battle. ?Edge! Metal Claw!? Cecilia commanded.

Edge charged up the power of his claws and Black Jack noticed the weakness of that move, so did his ?acquaintances?.

?Hmm, normally anytime a fighter charges up his power,? Brock said, informing the others. ?They wouldn?t be able to move because they are focusing on their energy, just so they can unleash their attack.?
?And Black Jack isn?t going to take any chances waiting for Scizor to attack,? Ash replied as he had noticed in Black Jack?s previous rounds that not only Black Jack?s got strong and powerful pokemon, he and his pokemon have an unorthodox ability of being unpredictable.
?Wait a minute!? Cassandra thought. ?I?ve seen that move before! I wonder if she knows??

?Salamence!? Black Jack yelled. ?Fire Blast attack!?
?Edge! Attack now!? Cecilia yelled.

Salamence blasted out a huge fire in a form of a giant symbol. Edge ran towards and dodged underneath the attack and smashed him in the face with his closed pincers, knocking him down.

Salamence slowly picked himself, shaking off the dizziness. Edge was about to attack Salamence again, but missed as Salamence dodged the attack and flew up high. ?Salamence!? Black Jack shouted. ?Flamethrower attack!?

Salamence shot out multiple flames but Edge dodged each and every one of them. ?Edge!? Cecilia cried. ?Metal Claw again!?

Edge leapt into the air in front of Salamence and slammed his pincers on his head, sending him crashing through the ground, making a huge dent.

Scizor safely landed on his feet after the attack. Black Jack began to s******. ?Is that the only move you know?? he asked in a confident tone.
?Edge!? Cecilia cried, ignoring Black Jack?s criticism. ?Finish it off now! Slash attack!?

Scizor charged at Salamence. Salamence and Black Jack noticed the weak point of that strategy straight away as Black Jack stood their ground and Salamence struggled to get to his feet.

They waited, and waited until?

?Now Salamence!? Black Jack commanded. Salamence lifted up his front legs and grabbed Edge by the waist. He lifted him up and slammed him on his back. Edge tried to pick himself up but Salamence stopped the recovery as he jumped a small height and slammed his front on Edge, using his weight to squash him!

Salamence picked himself up to see Edge squashed. ?Scizor?? Edge moaned. ?Scizor is no longer able to battle!? the ref cried. ?Salamence wins the battle and Black Jack wins the match.?

The crowd went wild as they once again gave a deafening cheer as they stood up.

?Edge,? Cecilia said. ?I?m very proud of you? return.?

As Edge returned to his pokeball she looked at Black Jack. ?Hmm,? she thought. ?I better keep an eye on him.?

?Nicely done, Salamence,? Black Jack said with a proud and praised tone. Salamence responded as he gave a triumphant roar.

Ash looked at Black Jack with determination, now that Black Jack is in the grand final. He predicted that if he gets into the grand final with him, it would be a heavy and great battle.

END
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next episode: Black Jack gets invited into a reunion... an unexpected one...
------------------------------------------------------------------------

That next episode will be here in three months time, because I'll be going away on holiday... as mentioned in my current sig: Take care of yourselves.

Back