• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Global (MMORPG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2010
Just out of interest, what are you using for the server?

ScyKinG

Can't Be Touched
Years
Love the story line to this, and the whole idea in general! I've always wanted a good MMORPG since Pokemon Crater lol!

Pkmn_knight

A Knight Of Pokemon
Years
-Moving = Laggy
-Battle = To much info -_-, the system talkssss and talkssss and talksssss. Cant we defeat the pokemon without having to wait for the system to stop talking.

You are meant to hold space bar to skip the text,
The lag has been delt with. They wait and test the newer things before puting out a new version..

Also I don't know what they use for a server.

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2008
The server uses Java. It uses the Apache MINA framework for networking, and xml files for user accounts, as well as for the pokemon database.

Pkmn_knight

A Knight Of Pokemon
Years
Yes it can because Pivot's computer is a Mac i'm pretty sure and as long as you have Java installed you can play it on any system that java supports.
Anyway the webpage is currently offline and not sure about the game server, due to bandwith reasons or something i hear.

Chary

Yeah-Hah!
Years
hi i just downloaded this as a JNLP file and when i click it it says WINDOS CANNOT OPEN THIS FILE i use windos vista could some tell me whats wrong?
this looks really FUN

Sandro™

Retired!
Years
U need to have Java... And then when it ask what to open it with choose Java(TM) Web Start... Then it will download the application... Then follow the rest...

I have some problem with it tho... the server appears to be offline for some reasons... Thats too bad :(

Josh1billion

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 23, 2008
Screenshots look interesting. A good Pokemon MMORPG could be very successful, if done correctly. Maybe this will be it.

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2011
Hold on a few more days guys! As many of you have noticed, the server *is* indeed down, and it'll come back up shortly with a new version.

Pkmn_knight

A Knight Of Pokemon
Years
Currently the game server is offline so you can't connect but the release that will let you play to keep calm before the recoded version comes out should come out soon.

Also i can't seem to get on the website.

Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2009
Heh Looks nice i was actually trying this the other time.But the server was offline for like a long ass time so amma try again to see if i can log in xD.

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2011
We *are* back up again, with Beta 4, and in light of several changes, the domain has been moved to pokeglobal.org, and Pivot has left us, so I'd appreciate it if someone could change that or give one of the admins(Myself, felty, or Viride) ownership over that post.

Interiors *are* planned for next update, and we'll get music in whenever we can find a sound engine that doesn't lag us horribly. In addition, we welcome anybody with skill in spriting, modelling, Java, Python, or Ruby to help us out in development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back