• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Elite Quest[Alpha 1 Released]

What do you like most about this hack?

• Story

Votes: 36 57.1%
  • Mapping

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • Scripting

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Tiles

Votes: 9 14.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Pokémon Elite Quest [Alpha 1 Released]

be966b5404.png

Elite Quest!

Introduction

Welcome to my hack. Some of you may know Elite Quest from last year.
Well, it's back. Looking back, it wasn't that impressive (bad maps, tiles, and story), so I decided to restart with a new story, tiles, maps, and region. I hope you like it.

Story

Years ago a giant meteorite hurtled from space downto earth. on it's way it broke into three pieces, and they landed in remote corners of the world, eventually the locations were lost, and years later, it was only a legend. it is said the meteorite contains the power of all the legendary Pokémon. if the pieces are brought together, you can gain control of every legendary...

Features

* Brand New Fakémon

* Sidequests and Minigames

* DP Pokémon

* Explore the exotic new region of Celia

* New Textbox

* BW Pokémon

* Completely new Story

* Headbutt Trees

* Go on a short visit to the region of Sinnoh

* Much More...

Screenshots

eqnew1.png
eqnew2.png
eqnew3labtreecko.png
eqnew4.png
eqnew5.png
eqnew6.png
eqnew7.png
eqnew8.png
eqnew9.png
eqnew10.png

Bugs

strikeout - Solved
Green - Minor
Red - Major

The Rocket Grunts blocking the path in Cobalt City sometimes disappear

Some NPCs say the wrong thing.

Downloads

Alpha 1.0 - Download/Mirror

F.A.Q.

Q. What is best starter?
A. Cyndaquil is the easiest, and Squirtle is the hardest.

Q. The Team Rocket Grunts in Cobalt City are blocking my way. What do I do?
A. Talk to the guy in front of the GYM.

Q. someone is blocking my way into the first GYM. What do I do?
A. You must complete the event in the forest.

Q. When is the Beta out?
A. When it's ready.

Progress

Alpha 1.0 - |||||||||| 100%

Beta 1.0 - |||||||||| 80%

Credits

Omega Zero - HGSS Textbox

Wichu - FR Decap

Flandre Scarlet - Titlescreen

X-Buster - Titlescreen Text

LatiasTrainer - Titlescreen Background

FlygonXS - Titlescreen Celebi

Zein - Tree Stump

Chibi Robo - Domo Sprite

NikaRoRou - Equil Sprite

Darathon - Headbutt Tree script

If I've forgotten you, feel free to PM/VM me.​

Last edited:

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Nice to see this has returned but I must say the opening post leaves more questions than answers. The story is incredibly vague. It would help if the "Story" section of the post were more informative. The screenshots look good though I am not a fan of the yellow flowers. The tree trunk looks good, albeit a tad dark. Also is Treecko the only starter? I could say more but I'll just wait for you to clarrify the story a bit more.

Good luck =3

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
eqnew1.png

The sign in the next route over can be jumped on via the ledge ...
But , other than that it's it a pretty good hack overall

marcc5m

what
Years
"leader" Should have a capital letter. /Not Sarcastic Prince.
Also the flowers look a little bright, but other than that it looks decent.

Winter Wonderland

Puts the fun in dysfunctional
Years
I like how vague the story is. It doesn't include the player in any way, so it's just like you're there by accident. I love it. :D Also, I agree the yellow flowers are... too bright? I think a darker color would make it even better. Also, the first and the fifth screenshots are the same, just different player names.
Do you mind showing us this Title screen?
Also,
* Sidequests and Minigames

* Much More...

Can you elaborate on the minigames and "much more"?

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I like how vague the story is. It doesn't include the player in any way, so it's just like you're there by accident. I love it. :D Also, I agree the yellow flowers are... too bright? I think a darker color would make it even better. Also, the first and the fifth screenshots are the same, just different player names.
Also,

There's a extra difference between the screens.
The player stand on a different tile.

Also, i think if the titlescreen were done it would be shown.

Winter Wonderland

Years

Well, I noticed that. But, I still kind of don't see the point in it.

It's not finished? I figured it was, 'cause in the credits it sounded like it was. o_O My mistake. D:

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Nice to see this has returned but I must say the opening post leaves more questions than answers. The story is incredibly vague. It would help if the "Story" section of the post were more informative. The screenshots look good though I am not a fan of the yellow flowers. The tree trunk looks good, albeit a tad dark. Also is Treecko the only starter? I could say more but I'll just wait for you to clarrify the story a bit more.

Good luck =3
it's sort of meant to have more of a vague and mysterious story. It involves team rocket alot, though, and unless you really want to hear it, I probably won't be posting it. And at the moment it is, because I can't really think of any others (feel free to post another option).
eqnew1.png

The sign in the next route over can be jumped on via the ledge ...
But , other than that it's it a pretty good hack overall
I've fixed that since the screenshot was taken. Thanks anyway :3
"leader" Should have a capital letter. /Not Sarcastic Prince.
Also the flowers look a little bright, but other than that it looks decent.
I'll change the flowers. thanks :3
Also,

That's what I'm trying to do with the story. :3
oops. D:
I was going to use the titlescreen from my last attempt, but I forgot, and I'll probably make a new one, anyway. Thanks :3

I made a mistake there.

Updates!

Thanks everyone for your comments!
Here are the new flowers.
eqnewflowers.png

Tell me what you think.
also, i've got a contest, I've decided to change the starters, but I don't know what to change them to. They can be ANY pokemon, other than a legendary, as long as they're not something unsuitable for a starter (example: Skarmory), and up to 3 Pokemon. If there are enough voters, I'll reward whoever wins. Thanks :3

Winter Wonderland

Years
I like the new flowers. Thanks for changing them! :D
Also, what about either Dratini or Bagon?(Or the first in the Salemance evo line, I forgot who it is) That way, at the end, if there's a rival that gets the other pokemon, there's the epic clash of the dragons. ;D

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
I like the new flowers. Thanks for changing them! :D
Also, what about either Dratini or Bagon?(Or the first in the Salemance evo line, I forgot who it is) That way, at the end, if there's a rival that gets the other pokemon, there's the epic clash of the dragons. ;D
Nice idea, but dragons might be a little overpowered. it would be fun to battle your rival though!
i'll think about it. Thanks :3
----------------------------------
Just a small notice, I'm aiming to get an alpha out in a week.
all I've got left to do is map a forest, and one or two scripts and starters. :D

DVK

Hack based-God
Years
i think you should do the whole dark/fighting/psychic for your starters :) if you can find something to fit there.

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Chrunch, for starters, you could try Ice/Fighting/Flying. I mean, it'd be suitable, as long as the Flying type is Flying/Normal or something like that. Ice is good on Flying, and normal against Fighting. Flying is good on Fighting, and normal against Ice. And, Fighting is good against Ice, and normal on Flying/Normal. Then if you were to make your game harder to go through (Harder boss fights, harder rival fights), the player doesn't have to go through the torture of having to lose over and over again because their starter's STAB move is not very effective against their rival's ace Pokémon.

Or you could go with Grass/Poison/Ground. That could work too. Except Poison really isn't good against anything except Grass.

And since you're making a game with Fakemon in it, why don't you make the starters Fakemon? It would be really cool and would give off a great first impression of your game.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Electric - Rock/Ground - Flying

That works doesn't it?

Also the blue flowers look good :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
i think you should do the whole dark/fighting/psychic for your starters :) if you can find something to fit there.
Thanks for the suggestion. :3
Chrunch, for starters, you could try Ice/Fighting/Flying. I mean, it'd be suitable, as long as the Flying type is Flying/Normal or something like that. Ice is good on Flying, and normal against Fighting. Flying is good on Fighting, and normal against Ice. And, Fighting is good against Ice, and normal on Flying/Normal. Then if you were to make your game harder to go through (Harder boss fights, harder rival fights), the player doesn't have to go through the torture of having to lose over and over again because their starter's STAB move is not very effective against their rival's ace Pokémon.

Or you could go with Grass/Poison/Ground. That could work too. Except Poison really isn't good against anything except Grass.

And since you're making a game with Fakemon in it, why don't you make the starters Fakemon? It would be really cool and would give off a great first impression of your game.
Thanks. I'd like to make the starters Fakemon, but I'd have to push the release date back a bit because I only have one fakemon in the hack right now. Thanks for the suggestions anyway.
Electric - Rock/Ground - Flying

That works doesn't it?

Also the blue flowers look good :)
actually, it doesn't. D:
Thanks for the suggestion, though. :3

Updates!

Thanks everyone for the comments.

eqnewts.png

This is the titlescreen from the old EQ that I've inserted into the game. I'll be using it temporarily.
------------------------------------
I've completed the forest path route, which leads to Cobalt Forest.
eqnewforestpath1.png

Yay! Cobalt Forest.
eqnewforestpath2.png

*gasp* What could his mega rare Pokémon be?!

Remember, I'm still open to more suggestions for starters. ;)

Last edited:

DVK

Hack based-God
Years
another idea for starters would be, do steel/ice/ground that works suggestions would be, ORRRRRR.... you could do the whole Larvitar-Pupitar-Tyranitar/Beldum-Metang-Metagross.
both pseudo legendaries, and both have one weakness and one strength each?

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2014
Some people don't know what a typing trio for starters is..
A type trio is like Fire/Grass/Water...
Water is super effective on fire, and not very effective on grass.
Fire is super effective on grass, and not very effective on water.
Grass is super effective on water, and not very effective on fire.
They all work because they all have a not very effective type and a super effective type to go with.

Fighting/Dark/Psychic wouldn't work because:
Fighting is super effective on dark, and not very effective on psychic.
Dark is super effective on psychic, and not very effective on fighting.
Psychic is super effective on fighting, and doesn't effect dark.
Thus, the trio is broken.

Although Ice/Ground/Steel would work in the same sense as Fire/Grass/Water because they each have a super effective and a neutral type to go with.
I think Fakemon starters would be cool. And you could do Ice/Ground/Steel with them or Fire/Grass/Water :P

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
I say you keep the original Fire/Water/Grass trio but change the pokemon. Something like Shroomish, Corphish, and Numel or something. The only issue here is the leveling and it would provide a different approach to gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back