• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

♚ Here's looking at you, kid.
Years
Hi everyone! Pika! :3

I am new to the RP Corner and wanted to see if I could join in on all the RP fun! I do have some experience with RPing but I haven't done anything too "official". I have been Naruto RPing for about 4 years with my friends. They were the ones where I created my own character and was a part of the Naruto world but we had things like: "I said to move!" *pushes Naruto out of the way* (I know that is not allowed here).

I used to RP on another site I was a member of and it was a little more formal but still was amateur-ish. I haven't been on there in forever though.

I am also a fan-fic writer and am used to writing professional essays (thanks to school/college lol) so I'm sure I can adjust to official RPing. (Just need a little guidance at first until I can get the flow of the things)

I have never been a GM but wouldn't mind learning someday.

I am 22 so I am open for any RP rating.

I don't want this to sound creepy or anything but I wouldn't mind trying an RP where it is in the Pokémon world and others can choose to be trainers but also a trainer's Pokémon. Example: I could play someone's Pikachu in the RP. I could start out as a wild Pokémon, become captured/befriended, and then be on their team. Kind of like an Ash and Pikachu type thing. If my trainer gets into a battle he/she can call on me to fight for them or I can stand beside them and be the cute, comic relief of the RP.

It's nice to meet you all and maybe join in on some of your RPs. :)

I love the idea of this RP. Whenever you get it ready let me know. I'd love to join in on it! :)

Good day to you, and welcome. Glad to have you here with us. I know it's a little late but I hope it's still all the same. :)

Thank you! I will definitely let you know when I get it up and running. Unfortunately, it won't be ready for a while. I will certainly get to working on it though and am excited to see how it forms. Nonetheless, I appreciate the reply!

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Greetings, everyone. I'm back to give a few more pieces of information about that oh-so-secret RP I've been mentioning.

As I've mentioned, the RP will be titled:

FORSAKEN

Here's one big detail that I'll be revealing to you all. Sign-ups will be in /pairs/. That's right. To participate in this Roleplay, you'll need a partner.

And one more lesser detail, the Storyline will be linear with some freedom, and divided into chapters.

That is all. Thank you for your time.

<Wolfy> [REBOOT]

Years
o.o I got yet another RP idea, hopefully more people would join this than the other one I did that no one is joining >_>

BUT

How would people feel about an RP with premade characters, that you had to select from? Like the personality was already given to you?

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Greetings, everyone. I'm back to give a few more pieces of information about that oh-so-secret RP I've been mentioning.

As I've mentioned, the RP will be titled:

FORSAKEN

Here's one big detail that I'll be revealing to you all. Sign-ups will be in /pairs/. That's right. To participate in this Roleplay, you'll need a partner.

And one more lesser detail, the Storyline will be linear with some freedom, and divided into chapters.

That is all. Thank you for your time.

<Wolfy> [REBOOT]

._. I wish I knew what RP you were making. Would you mind letting PC Eccentricity know a little more about it? I'm not really joining, but I still want to solve the mystery.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
VMC: Ehhhh... I'd advise against it. It's ultimately your decision, but from my experience, one of the great joys of RPing is that you can invent a person the way you want. You could do what Leafy did with the Smash Bros. RP; Make the characters have some link to the characters in question, but allow the character itself to be what the player chooses.

Dia: Sorry, I'm letting these bits out for everyone. However, I will notify my fellow Eccentrics when I have post more information.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Here's one big detail that I'll be revealing to you all. Sign-ups will be in /pairs/. That's right. To participate in this Roleplay, you'll need a partner.​
This roleplay will involve either spirits bound to people, or a date simulator.

Or both?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
VMC: Ehhhh... I'd advise against it. It's ultimately your decision, but from my experience, one of the great joys of RPing is that you can invent a person the way you want. You could do what Leafy did with the Smash Bros. RP; Make the characters have some link to the characters in question, but allow the character itself to be what the player chooses.
I do think it's rather shocking that there are no RPs at all that use premade characters, though. I feel that if an RP presents interesting characters featuring interesting personalities and/or conventions, than the players could have fun playing as said character. The restrictions are only initial, and the characters are open to having flair and development added by the RPer that's playing them, making the initial character a shadow of what is to come (thus, no two RPers are would be likely to end up with the same character they started out with, even if said characters have the same personality). In this sense, you are seeing how effectively you can take a template and mold it into what you want to be in an effective and fun manner, and it opens up various story possibilities that are not available for stories with creatable characters.

It's not that I'm saying that there should be a plethora of premade character RPs out, but the fact that there are none and, for the most part, we just say "no" (or something close) when it's suggested is a little sad. I'd definitely like to see some on the community, at the very least for the sake of diversity.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
o.o I got yet another RP idea, hopefully more people would join this than the other one I did that no one is joining >_>

BUT

How would people feel about an RP with premade characters, that you had to select from? Like the personality was already given to you?

I asked this before when I was formulating my first roleplay. About 90% of the roleplayers here (in a secret study I conducted in the past) are against doing roleplays with pre-made/canon characters. Roleplayers prefer to make up their own characters (with their own unique personality, history, etc) instead of acting out characters that already exist. Not only it's difficult to act out their personalities, recite their history, and even their abilities if they have any...but it's also unoriginal. Like Wolf mentioned, what you *can* do, is to alter the "premade/canon" stuff, and make it as original as possible. If your characters are Pokemon, you can make it as Human Ginjinkas or something like that. If your characters are ponies, you can make them human versions or require players to create an OC of their own pony. Those are just examples that came on top of my head.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
If the frequency of people using canon characters is any indication, which it definitely is, using a canon character is actually more original than using an... original character. (...) That being said, there /is/ a well known RP that both heavily uses and allows people to apply for canon characters.

The Pokemon Trainer Academy, though I suppose that's different because it's completely up to the choice of the RPer whether they play a canon or original character.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
So maybe if I put three-word or so personalities for each of them and let the players interpret from there? >_>
I would like it. It could be a nudge and inspiration in creating a deeper character. Maybe if the players would be a group of characters where there should be one "wild, rash" figure and one "calm, cynical" and so on. That would certainly work.

I do think it's rather shocking that there are no RPs at all that use premade characters, though. I feel that if an RP presents interesting characters featuring interesting personalities and/or conventions, than the players could have fun playing as said character. The restrictions are only initial, and the characters are open to having flair and development added by the RPer that's playing them, making the initial character a shadow of what is to come (thus, no two RPers are would be likely to end up with the same character they started out with, even if said characters have the same personality). In this sense, you are seeing how effectively you can take a template and mold it into what you want to be in an effective and fun manner, and it opens up various story possibilities that are not available for stories with creatable characters.

It's not that I'm saying that there should be a plethora of premade character RPs out, but the fact that there are none and, for the most part, we just say "no" (or something close) when it's suggested is a little sad. I'd definitely like to see some on the community, at the very least for the sake of diversity.
I agree with this.

A fan of a franchise, say pokémon for example, could surely find it fun to RP as their favorite character from the manga or anime, or maybe take on the role of one of the game protagonists. That wouldn't be so strange actually, since they don't really have personalities in the games :p just appearances.

Dear Arceus...I've killed the Roleplay Corner! :o
what?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Hey guys. In regards to my Reaper RP; what do you think of "Harbinger" as an alternative to "Anti-Reaper"?
Wouldn't exactly be the right word for what they do, would it? But it sure sounds better :3

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Well, it gives me traumatic Mass Effect flashbacks, but it does sound better.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Sounds better than "Anti-Reapers", but Harbinger of what? Lol.

I suppose playing as a "pre-made" personality would be okay . . . so long as there's actually a purpose for it. Especially if it's just basic things, like what Rika said. Then it's perfectly acceptable, methinks.

I myself don't really like the idea of playing as a canon character . . . although, I do randomly feel like playing as Cynthia now, so whatever. xD

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
hey guys sorry for being inactive my computer got virused and i had to completly wipe my hard drive to get rid of it. But none the less I should be active again.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Did someone say Mass Effect? Someone make a Mass Effect RP. I would totally join a Mass Effect RP. Someone make that. I don't care who.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back