• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Rival and Me

AZTRX

$$$ Trap God $$$
Years
I've always named myself Klaus; it makes the story seem like it's about a little German boy doing ignorant things with his hoodrat pokemon.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I either named myself Kevin after my real name or Red after his official name.

My rival's name used to be Gary until I found out his actual name was Blue, so I ended up naming him Blue from that point on.

Years
For as long as I can remember, I've always given the player character my own name (Brendan), and given my rival their official name (in this case, Blue). I almost named my rival after my cousin, since he was playing through FireRed at the same time I was, but their teams/battle style were so different that I just left it alone.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I think I named my rival Blue( so oringal) as That was his real game in game. I think I named myself Kerri as that is my name IRL.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I alway named myself LilJz and for my rival, I name them whichever comes to mind first. Mostly their original names tho.

Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2013
Would name myself Joe since that's my name, and would name my rival Tim, a good friend of mine, we would play pokemon together when we were younger. Never really battled with him just traded or played at the same time, but when we did battle we would usually do something like all pokemon under level 20, or only bug types, etc.

Years
I'm called 'Issnida' since I can't fit my wretched name into the name entry part.

As I said in another thread, I have no creativity whatsoever, and Blue is called just that, Blue.

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 11, 2017
I always call myself Anna, after my real name, and then I come up with some stupid name for my rival. Although, in FireRed, my name is Derp and my rival is Herp.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Oh Lord I haven't played FRLG in forever. I remember I named myself Jes in FR and my rival is umm...I wanna say Nubcake? And I'm James in LG I think...no clue about my rival, I'm afraid.

Back