• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Gen Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Hmm for me I found it easy grinding in Union Cave with water-types, grass-types, types that work well against rock and ground. It takes patience but that's the best place I can think of so far, you can also try and battle the gym leader, if you win you get a gleaming badge and get some tougher training spots like the route above Ilex Forest, if you lose at least you might get some decent EXP from it. So yeah, it all depends really on what level your Pokemon are around. :>

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Oh my god this internet is terrible. Take two.

Try occupying yourself while you grind in the grass outside Union Cave, or in Slowpoke Well. Have a tv show on or a YouTube video up, or even listen to music and just mindlessly grind. It makes it go a lot faster (I do it myself). Also, make sure you register everyone in your PokeGear that offers it and answer when they call, as that's a potential rematch. A bit of a hassle, but rematches could be the keys between you and the levels you want to achieve at certain points in the game.

Years
Hi eerrbody

I'v just ordered a 3ds and Heartgold(Yea, I'm always rolling with the new stuff) and I really would like some pokémon for my playthrouhg that I have to get through trade(Or mystery gift eg. Pikachu). So where can one inquire a person for such information?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Hi eerrbody

I'v just ordered a 3ds and Heartgold(Yea, I'm always rolling with the new stuff) and I really would like some pokémon for my playthrouhg that I have to get through trade(Or mystery gift eg. Pikachu). So where can one inquire a person for such information?

Try the Trade Corner right in this very Pokécommunity forum.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
Dual slot/Dongle

Hello everyone,

I've searched intensely before deciding to post here.

I've come across a problem. I'm trying to 'finally' complete my Platinum game but hit a snag. When I insert Fire Red and Platinum to allow me to encounter additional Pokémon I can't find them. It works with Ruby, having caught Zangoose and Seedot. The Fire Red game doesn't seem to bring out these Pokémon. Is it possible I have a fake game? I can migrate from Fire Red directly though, which I believe is a sure sign of it being a real game. I'm confused and frustrated.

(I hope I posted this in the correct section).

*Edit

Now I'm even more confused (I'm new to Gen IV). Does it differ at all in Platinum or Diamond? I just inserted Ruby, found several Pokémon, then inserted Leaf Green/Sapphire/Emerald and can't find anything.

Very confused.

Last edited:

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Hello everyone,

I've searched intensely before deciding to post here.

I've come across a problem. I'm trying to 'finally' complete my Platinum game but hit a snag. When I insert Fire Red and Platinum to allow me to encounter additional Pokémon I can't find them. It works with Ruby, having caught Zangoose and Seedot. The Fire Red game doesn't seem to bring out these Pokémon. Is it possible I have a fake game? I can migrate from Fire Red directly though, which I believe is a sure sign of it being a real game. I'm confused and frustrated.

(I hope I posted this in the correct section).

*Edit

Now I'm even more confused (I'm new to Gen IV). Does it differ at all in Platinum or Diamond? I just inserted Ruby, found several Pokémon, then inserted Leaf Green/Sapphire/Emerald and can't find anything.

Very confused.

A probably silly question, but did you turn the game off and on between game inserts?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Also a silly addition, but I recall this happening to me a few times. Make sure the game is fully inserted. I've sometimes put in a GBA game and thought it was snug in there, but on the main DS menu, it says there's no GBA game inserted. So maybe it's that and you've overlooked it. But aside from that and what the poster above me mentioned, idk what it could be.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
Having done more research, my games are fake.

The Leaf Green cartridge deletes the data when trying to migrate, which is definitive proof that it's a fake game. The Fire Red doesn't give me the Pokémon (Arbok in the Great Marsh), nor can I migrate but the game works fine. I can trade freely to other versions on Gen III games, just not direct migration. My Sapphire version is the same as Fire Red.

I'll likely buy other cartridge versions (perfectionism and OCD taking over) now that I know how to spot a fake.

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
I've caught the other two lake guardians in Platinum, and installed the Marking Map app on my Pokétch--which means that pesky Mesprit is now leading me all over Sinnoh on a wild goose chase. Even when the map app shows my position and Mesprit's overlapping, I can't see Mesprit (let alone catch it) nearby. Am I doing something wrong or overlooking a step? Please help if you can!

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Ah I've had this as well before! From my memory you're not missing a step or doing something wrong. The only time you wouldn't find a roaming legendary on the conditions you're using is because you're in a cave. Otherwise even though it appears you're spot on where Mespirit is just move around a bit in the grass or if it's on water surf around. Eventually it'll appear, so yeah hope this helped! :)

LuxLax

Want-To-Be Master
Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2013
Hi, it's the new user no one knows about... Just Kidding! Anyway, what's the tree that most commonly has a Munchlax appear in Pokemon Diamond?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Hi, it's the new user no one knows about... Just Kidding! Anyway, what's the tree that most commonly has a Munchlax appear in Pokemon Diamond?

There's 21 Honey Trees altogether around Sinnoh, but only four of them have a chance of attracting a Munchlax. There's no set trees unfortunately, as the trees that attract Munchlax are decided randomly by your player information when the game begins. My best advice would to be really persistent, and to buy a lot of honey. As even if you do find a tree (you can't tell which trees attract which Pokemon), there's only a 1% chance of finding a Munchlax. Tough odds, but it isn't impossible!

LuxLax

Want-To-Be Master
Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2013
Thanks for encouragement? Also, how do I find my secret ID?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
A way to get your secret ID is to use pokecheck.org by sending a Pokemon of your OT from the game you want to know the SID of and when it's on Pokecheck, you can see the SID (among other things as well, like IVs). The steps to do that are on the website itself, so you can check that out if you want to do that. Wifi is needed, of course.

If you can't, there is another way, but it's much more difficult and requires having already caught a shiny on the game you want the SID for.

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2013
Legal or Illegal?

Hey guys.
Im sorry if i posted this in the wrong forum. This topic is the main reason why i signed up, i will post things here sometimes, but i wont be a player that will use the forum alot.

Well, i do own a R4 Card, and so far i know its legal, as long i have the game original (and i do). I have stuff like Diamond, Platinum, HG, White and the old Emerald on it. When i was studieng the Pokemon Code (in other words, cheating stuff in) i realized something...

Before i continue with this- i DO own Pokemon Platinum.

Is it still "Legal" if i cheat Pokemon in on my Pokemon Platinum on my R4, and then transfer them over to my Pokemon Platinum that is original? That makes it legal to cheat Pokemons in, right? So far i know cheating in Pokemon is allowed, it just illegal to have a game on a R4 that you dont own.

Anyone haves a idea?

LuxLax

Want-To-Be Master
Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2013
Do you need a WEP connection, because then Munchlax will only be a dream.(I have a WPA 2 KEY)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
What system are you using? With a DSi and 3DS, it won't matter. But with a phat or a Lite, it will matter. I get the two connections confused though, so I'm not sure which one the phat/Lite needs to connect.

LuxLax

Want-To-Be Master
Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2013
Dsi, it works with WEP but Diamond doesn't Trying to find my old Linksys, but an 11 year old won't have any luck...

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Ah, that sucks. You could always consider asking in the Wifi Help Thread. It's in Technology and Internet, and you will probably get much better answers about wifi troubles there, and maybe some other options can be given to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back