• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Modular Title Screen

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Hidden Text

X3Ad3AC.png

Hidden Text

Only compatible with Essentials v17.x!

INTRODUCTION

You may be asking yourself; why of all the people on the forum I decided to post yet another title screen script.

Unlike currently existing title screen scripts that lock you into a specific style should you be looking for a specific kind of animation, or just give you the ability to display static images; the Modular Title Screen resource gives you the complete freedom to construct your title screen however you see fit. Many of the old screen styles have been chopped up into individually addressable bits, that can be additively configured. You can construct an entirely custom and entirely animated title screen in just mere minutes. You can add as few or as many elements as you like. Some examples of what you can do with this system can be seen in the screenshots below, but it's safe to say that you have a lot of options at your disposal.

FEATURES

• Create a complete title screen in a few minutes
  • Complete modularity for all visual elements
  • Individual configuration per visual element
  • Intro animations (now work flawlessly at 60FPS)
  • Lots of pre made presets for you to use
  • A whole bunch of graphic assets

(gif quality not representative of actual product)

JCwdJ2D.gif
8iNQc8R.gif
UrlAhSI.gif

FMPbIss.gif
36j6qEI.gif
2POmqUH.gif

z4wsIuv.gif
WSxy1Sp.gif
8P3bhb9.gif

3XT7NyO.gif
DJ7nbuC.gif
JDvCBHC.gif

INSTRUCTIONS

The whole process of setting up this system is incredibly easy. First you'll want to go and download this pack, which you'll then have to extract into the appropriate location (namely the root folder of your project). After you're done with that, you just paste the included above Main, and you're done. Congrats! You've successfully set up the system. You'll notice the linked script looks a bit odd though. It mainly contains green text. That's right, the script only hosts your configuration constants. A lot has been commented in the script, documenting what you can use and how you can use it. Some presets have been left for you to explore as well. MAKE SURE TO READ THE BITS IN GREEN. Or else you won't know how to actually configure your animated title screen. The main idea just boils down to adding modifier names to a config array.

In case you're looking for more details on what graphics the visual elements use, you can find a list of those here.
Alternatively, you can install this plugin through the Essentials Plugin Manager. The settings in that case are still contained in the script itself.

F.A.Q.

FAQ will fill up once actual comments pop up

Last edited:

Sam24

Sam24
Years
These are great. I'll definitely use these for my game and give full credit. If I could say one thing, when I tried to download either the script or the resources McAfee kept saying that this website could be dangerous or something like that. So what I'm asking is, are these downloads safe?

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
These are great. I'll definitely use these for my game and give full credit. If I could say one thing, when I tried to download either the script or the resources McAfee kept saying that this website could be dangerous or something like that. So what I'm asking is, are these downloads safe?
McAfee thinks most sites / resources are not safe due to it's done by an Unknown Developer.... hate that anti-virus ...
They are safe to download , I have added this into my game already along with other new features.

Alababal

Pokémon Alabaster Developer
Years
This is pretty amazing. I made some tweaks naturally to customize it for my own game, and it works like a charm.

Thanks for this script it is greatly appreciated.

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Just curious, say I wanted to show a Gif file instead of a Png for the Pokemon image or whatever.
What would I need to do to get the animated file to actually display? For me currently, it doesn't at all if it's a Gif, however I know that essentials supports them for other scripts.
Am I missing something?
(P.s hope I'm not like necro-posting or something?)

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Update!

I have updated the main script, and the resource pack to add a brand new Title Screen style. Set your SCREENSTYLE variable to 4, to check it out.

If you have any questions how to utilize the various quirks of the new Screen Style, let me know.

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Update!

6dd3820464d48eb2b6f67296d30f4f0b.png

So I've created yet another Title Screen style, this time resembling the gen 5 games. The main script and resource pack have been updated. Now some of you may or may not like this, but this style is a bit different - it is fully automated. The background colour and sprite get determined by the SPECIES constant. The scrolling pattern is easily changed by swapping the graphics, but the complete background displayed gets rendered drawn by actual png and then coloured by the code. Just giving you a heads up should you wish to edit the titlescreen yourself.

Last edited:
Years
Hey Luka!
Can you repost the script? Because the link you posted is a little... messed up... :P

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Another day, another title screen. This one is probably the most complex out of all of them. There is an unfortunate side-effect to all those fancy visuals. On resolutions greater than the default 1.0, you'll experience some frame-rate issues. Since applying angles to large sprites is a big No No in RMXP.
As always, I've updated the main script, and resource pack.

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
I've done some tweaks to the main script and resource pack, to further improve the aesthetics of the Gen 6 styled Title Screen. I've also added a secret little thing for those of you who are using this script alongside my EBS system.
(HINT: Play the Gen 6 title screen, and let it play all the way).

Special graphics for the Gen 6 Project also added.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 7, 2019
Ok so how to fudge do I copy this script? probably very simple but I fail to understand.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Luka, this is awesome man. Really appreciate this script and I think it is a really nice one for Essentials and the community. Title screens are an area where there is little being discussed, shared, or publicly developed - this resource is fantastic at filling that gap.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 7, 2019
Never mind about my problem but about this script its absolutely AMAZING! I would like to have it in the format of the BW Essentials but I don't know how I would do that. {XD}

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Never mind about my problem but about this script its absolutely AMAZING! I would like to have it in the format of the BW Essentials but I don't know how I would do that. {XD}

Code:
# Config value for selecting title screen style
SCREENSTYLE = 6
# 1 - FR/LG
# 3 - R/S/E
# 4 - D/P/PT
# 5 - B/W
# 6 - X/Y

It is in the first part of the script, you cannot possibly miss it if you look at the script.

Change SCREENSTYLE = 6 to SCREENSTYLE = 5.

Follow the rest of the script to do other changes you want to make. Really simple.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 7, 2019
I should have been more specific....... The BW Essentials like v3_1_1 It contains the Dual Screen module. When the title screens are played the are in the middle of the screen. Sorry for my bad miscommunication skills.

Back