• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Metal & Color Generation Help Thread

Best secondary Pokemon Growlithe, Abra, or Machop?

• Growlithe

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Abra

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Machop

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2009
When I learned about it I didn't know you could move and press start at the same time. Catching an abra was hard even with a pokemon with sing in my party. How do you catch .4 anyway?

EDIT: woops, looks like many threads of this was already made (Since this thread is garbage lock)

Simply do Method #3 of the Mew glitch (click here) with a Pokémon that has a special stat of 194 instead of 21.

Resource(s):
Mew glitch

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
Is it really cheating if I used GameShark on Crystal Version to...

...obtain a Girafarig.

Girafarig doesn't appear in Crystal and I need it to complete my team. It will still be any regular Girafarig nothing done to it's stats or moves or anything.

Years
It is still cheating yes.
You are using a 3rd party device to cheat the game into getting on.
You will just have to, somehow, find someone to trade with you, if you want to complete it legibly.

Otherwise, who is to know...

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Using a GameShark for anything is cheating, but that could be considered legit cheating? :S

BUG♥CATCHER★BREEZE

Lurker from the deep
Years
>D Come on, how are you going to get Girafarig otherwise? I seriously doubt anyone you know still has their Game Boy colour and Pokémon games. Just do it, there's no real harm at all. (heh, its the same as the Celebi Egg trick, just a lot easier and saves you a lot of trouble.)
Go ahead, who really cares. I mean, clearly there is no one you can trade with to get one otherwise.

Ayselipera

Its still Cheating even though its a minor cheat.
If anyone was against cheating I don't think they
would care about a cheat as small as that.

Solyss

✖Come At Me, Bro✖
Years
Er, in my opinion, yes it's still cheating. Gameshark and Action Replay and all of that is pretty much hacking made easy. So yeah, it's cheating. But no one seems to care anymore, which is why everyone was running around with Arceus before it actually was released in America. .__.

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
Yep. Using Gameshark to help complete your Pokédex is cheating. Surely there must be someone you can trade? =/

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Only event Pokemon via Gameshark are not cheating since you'd have to go to a certain event at a certain time and place and it's not worth the effort.

agent destroyer

pokemon prof. for team rocket
Years
help with hitmontop

hi ive been trying to get hitmontop on pokemon gold.
so i evolved tyrogue into hitmonlee and breed hitmonlee with a ditto and got a tyrogue ad evolved it into hitmonchan and bread hitmonchan with the same ditto and the game says "it's brimming with energy" but why won't they breed?

Years
I think pokemon generally frowns upon incest in G/S/C. Pokemon will not make eggs with direct relatives. Because your Ditto is technically the parent of your Hitmonchan, they will not breed. Instead, try breeding with Hitmonlee and Ditto because they aren't related. When trying to evolve your Tyrogue into a Hitmontop, make sure that its attack and defense stats are equal at level 20. It can be tough to balance the attack and defense stat. I found that giving either protein or iron to even out the attack and defense stat for a level 19 Tyrogue may increase your chances of getting a Hitmontop when evolving to level 20. Good luck!

Droidz

¬‿¬
Years
Every Time i Save my game in Gold...

I dont want to sound stupid but every time i save my pokemon Gold file it says you have to wait a certain amount of time before it completely saves.So if i want to save my game i can but i cant turn it off or else i'll lose the file.Does this happen with everyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back