• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
The error occurs because you have a move whose effect isn't defined in PokeBattle_MoveEffects.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
The error occurs because you have a move whose effect isn't defined in PokeBattle_MoveEffects.

Hi Wichu I heard that you're working on the D/P moves project(modify the moves.txt) so are you going to edit the pokemon.txt as well? just feel a little bit weird if you implement all those D/P moves but no Pokemon can use them.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
You'll either have to change the move's function to one which is already defined, or add the functions in.

And yeah, poccil kindly gave me the D/P version of the Pokemon.txt file. All D/P moves are already in the text file, thanks to poccil again, but they don't work without the necessary scripts.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
You'll either have to change the move's function to one which is already defined, or add the functions in.

And yeah, poccil kindly gave me the D/P version of the Pokemon.txt file. All D/P moves are already in the text file, thanks to poccil again, but they don't work without the necessary scripts.

So what scripts do I need to modify in order to get those D/P moves work? Please help.

Scythe_Ironclaw

For Iron Legion!
Years
I tried what you said, but still.
~It will not save ANY location names I place on the new maps (Or the Old ones now)
~When I use fly the game STILL crashes and returns this error:
Exception: ArgumentError
PokemonRegionMap:271:in `pbStartScene'
PokemonRegionMap:271:in `pbStartFlyScreen'
PokemonScreen:1260:in `pbPokemonScreen'
PokemonScreen:1230:in `each'
PokemonScreen:1230:in `pbPokemonScreen'
PokemonScreen:1182:in `loop'
PokemonScreen:1416:in `pbPokemonScreen'
PokemonMenu:150:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
PokemonMenu:149:in `pbFadeOutIn'
PokemonMenu:149:in `pbStartPokemonMenu

WHY CAN'T I USE FLY!?
I WANA USE FLY!

PokemonPlatnum

nomnomnom.
Years
I really need your help on this one..
Exception: NameError
Message: uninitialized constant PokeBattle_Scene::MESSAGEBASECOLOR
PokeBattle_ActualScene:151:in `initialize'
PokeBattle_ActualScene:1494:in `new'
PokeBattle_ActualScene:1494:in `pbStartBattle'
PokeBattle_Battle:570:in `pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle:542:in `pbStartBattle'
PokemonField:395:in `pbWildBattle'
PokemonField:394:in `pbSceneStandby'
PokemonField:396:in `pbWildBattle'

Last edited:

AshersTheDragon

Pokemon Master
Years
Help?

Hey guys, I need some help on a few things with my game I'm making. First, sometimes when I lay out a map, when I go into gameplay, I can walk ontop of things that are supposed to be solid, like rocks, Pokeballs, ect. Is there a coding to fix this, or am I just putting it in the wrong layer?

Also, on my maps I've set up different songs to play by using the BGM option in the Map Properties, but sometimes they won't play or you'll hear the beginning for a second and then it'll fade away...would it fix the problem if I used a code to play the music? If so, what's the code?

Thanks for everyone's time!
~Ash

Exiled~Shadow

Once, JJMcay Now Exiled~Shadow
Years
Sup Dudes? i was just wondering if anyone new a good place to get custom and unique buildings for my upcomming game: Pokèmon-Dawn of the Dinosaurs, also dose anyone know where i can get the frames for an explision animation to put over a building if it gets "Blowen up" so to speak...

Thanks in advance!

Atomic Reactor

@Ash: Go into the database of RMXP and go to tileset.
put an "X" on all the things you can't wlak over. don't put Xs on dorrs though.
\this will solve your walking problem.
idk about the BGM.

@JJMcay: uh... you could, make the buildings? or go to the pixel art section. look from there.
youll probably run across something if you look long enough.
spriters resurce has pokemon animations if thats what you wanna use for the explosion. im sure thats in there too.

Exiled~Shadow

Once, JJMcay Now Exiled~Shadow
Years
k thanks... i allready had made 2 buildings but i wanted to see if anyone else had some...
Woooo!!! i finaly made a working userbar! this 1 is awesome!

spinouserbar.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 3, 2011
I downloaded the 7/1/08 version of Pokemon Essentials and I had trouble opening the rpgxpoj file that comes with pokestarter zip. The first time I opened it, I got an error saying that "actor data cannot be found". I read pe's notes and saw something that said to change this file in notepad to rpgxp1.01 or rpgxp1.00 if it doesn't open. I changed the file to rpgxp1.01 but when I open the file again notepad opens up with "Rpgxp1.01" on it.

Has anyone had this problem? Is there something I'm doing wrong? Oh and I'm using Vista btw.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
HoF: the PokeBattle_MoveEffects script contains the move effect info.
JJM: try using one of the RTP animations.

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
It opens with Notepad because you changed the File Association (By opening it with Notepad).

To Fix: Right click on it, Open With, Choose Program, RMXP. (Set as Default too)

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
Years
Hey, I need alot of help with the txt files that change the gameplay of the starter kit, and well I don't want to take up anymore posts so If someone could provide me with a Read-me file that answers questions about altering gameplay, like changing day to night, weather changes, a R/S/E style beginning pokemon choice event, and some other basic things that for some reason I just can't figure out, that be awsome!!!!

partyghoul2000

Intermediate Game Designer
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
Hey, I need alot of help with the txt files that change the gameplay of the starter kit, and well I don't want to take up anymore posts so If someone could provide me with a Read-me file that answers questions about altering gameplay, like changing day to night, weather changes, a R/S/E style beginning pokemon choice event, and some other basic things that for some reason I just can't figure out, that be awsome!!!!

most of what you're looking for is in the notes.html, but i'll answer them here for ya.

1)changing day to night is automatically intergrated into the system. it goes by your computer's system clock.

2)weather changes can be done through the debug menu/editor.

3)a RSE beginning pokemon choice event would probably need some kind of extra scripting.

4)other basic things can be found all over the internet. go to youtube and look up RPG Maker XP tutorials. it should give you the ins and outs of the program.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Hi there! I wonder if we can start a D/P graphic project for Pokemon Essential(Poccil needn't have to do this for us, we can do it by ourselves). I saw some game with Pokemon D/P's battle scene and that's really excellent. However, the D/P battle scene might not fit well with the current graphic style of starterkit since the other graphics still look like Pokemon R/S/E's. I hope we game makers can start a project to change the graphics of Pokemon R/S/E into that of Pokemon D/P. It might require a lot of work but it has the potential to be a great project. Any interest in here?

PokemonPlatnum

nomnomnom.
Years
Hi there! I wonder if we can start a D/P graphic project for Pokemon Essential(Poccil needn't have to do this for us, we can do it by ourselves). I saw some game with Pokemon D/P's battle scene and that's really excellent. However, the D/P battle scene might not fit well with the current graphic style of starterkit since the other graphics still look like Pokemon R/S/E's. I hope we game makers can start a project to change the graphics of Pokemon R/S/E into that of Pokemon D/P. It might require a lot of work but it has the potential to be a great project. Any interest in here?
Im have interest,sounds like a good Idea HOF..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back