• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: FireRed Hack: Pokemon Iridescent [Complete]

lizzzz

I want to be the very best!
Years
You need to go south from lavender! I put a girl outside the cinnabar gym that says that because I knew it wouldn't be intuitive, but I don't know how to bring more attention to it. Glad you are enjoying it though!

Ohh..Ok. Well I feel like I tried that, I went around in circles for ever using fly and surf, but now that I took a break for a few days I'll turn it on with fresh eyes and I'm sure I'll be able to figure it out.

I'm more than enjoying this hack! it's what's going to hold me over until X comes out! lol

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Help Needed
Spoiler:

hey look I can actually help with one of these...

to rewrite the game corner prize list... you need advancetext

it does not have what your are looking for exactly, but if you go to search, type in the work you are lookig for "ABRA" and select "start from beginning of text" (or something like that) it will find every time ABRA is used... and when you see one that has "ABRA [some slashes and numbers][a couple more] 800C" that is the one you want, tell it to add to ini, then you can edit it, and repoint it (if needed) one selection at a time... search CLEFAIRY next then DRATINI or whoever you need to edit...

also the offsets are in decimal... and they will be close to eachother (16 something if I recall)

atleast thats how I did it in my hack...

I am assuming you already actually changed the pokemon the woman gives you aswell as the cost. so you should know what you are changeing them to...

keep an eye on those [slashes and numbers] in my mind they work like a [Tab] button... they account for a large space, if you are changing 800C to 1200C you are usingmore characters so you will need to alter the [slachse and numbers] just look at the one on another pokemon that uses the same amount of digits and copy that one... (1200C is 5 characters where 800C is only 4)

just to keep everything lined up...

I hope I made since... im not really good at this I just worked out that particular problem for my own hack

(abras only 180C isnt he... you get the picture dont ya)

Years
Dude, thank you. This was so simple and worked perfectly!

For that, you may have an update :). Version 0.9.10 out!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Good, im so happy it worked for you ;)

after my computer crash earlier this week I have not got advancetext to run for me yet so I couldnt get any better descriptions...

if it is something you neglected, I was also able to edit the player and rival default names in the same manner

Last edited:
Years
Hello guys, just a bump, this is the spriter. Glad to see y'all are giving positive feedback about my sprites, but there's one issue that's been troubling me. You see, the hack is nigh-finished, but there's only two things missing, and one of them is optional. Both of them though, have to be done by me. One of them is the sprite of Viroach, the other is a redesign of Ludicolo. Now, the EVIL REAL LIFE has been getting in the way of me making either of those, but it is certain that I will make Viroach. However, the issue is that I probably will not redesign Ludicolo, because there's not enough free time/motivation for me to do so. BUT. If there is enough people who want me to give Ludicolo a facelift, I will do it. As they say, by popular demand.

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
Hello guys, just a bump, this is the spriter. Glad to see y'all are giving positive feedback about my sprites, but there's one issue that's been troubling me. You see, the hack is nigh-finished, but there's only two things missing, and one of them is optional. Both of them though, have to be done by me. One of them is the sprite of Viroach, the other is a redesign of Ludicolo. Now, the EVIL REAL LIFE has been getting in the way of me making either of those, but it is certain that I will make Viroach. However, the issue is that I probably will not redesign Ludicolo, because there's not enough free time/motivation for me to do so. BUT. If there is enough people who want me to give Ludicolo a facelift, I will do it. As they say, by popular demand.

I honestly don't mind Ludicolo, in all honesty, I don't even see why he would need a new sprite (maybe a back sprite lol cause seen from behind he looks rather ugly/disappointing).

I want Viroach's sprite soon tho, I am really curious to know how he's gonna look like, his typing, etc

Make us something awesome please :3

Good luck :D

Years
All the starters are...I wanted the pokedex to be completable but challenging, so the starters kinda got hidden...

Years
Oh boy fun. Wish me luck in finding one!

Ok so just wondering. Is route 11 even accessible? I have no idea how to get to it. When I try to get to route 11 I walk through the house and I'm in route 7. Can I get thereby going through 14?

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
I answered your PM, but I'll answer it here too incase anyone else has problems. Surf is from one of Oak's aides, I believe the one west of Saffron on the second floor of the gate.

Vermillion is due south of Lavender, but you have to get the Cinnabar badge to use strength, which means you need surf first.

Years
I just wanted to give everyone an update.

I'm getting very near to a final release. I have a new spriter on board since my other one kinda dropped off the map, and to be consistent they are redoing all of the fakemon. Meanwhile, I am trying to get all of the little bugs I've discovered worked out.

That being said, if you find anything wrong at all, PLEASE let me know. In a PM, VM, on this topic...it doesn't matter.

Also, I am trying to import a world map so that the mass confusion ceases. However, right now what I'm getting is the map without the background color (aka, everything is there except that instead of the sea color, its white). If anyone has some expertise on this, I would be greatly appreciative if you could help me out.

Thanks all!

Eren Jaeger

Pianoist
Years
I don't really like fake Pokemon, but I think it was done well. :D
The tilesets, needs some work though.. and a snowy mountain
in the snowy part, right? but anyways, good luck!

Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
I'm enjoying this hack. Could somebody please explain where HM04/Strength is? And where can you catch Beldum or Metang? Thanks in advance.

Edit: I found Strength but I'm still looking for Beldum.

Last edited:
Back