• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon WhiteGranite X and Pokemon BlackGranite X versions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zortac

League Champion
Years
CapuMon:BlackGranite X:Fixed Edition

Introduction
I'm Chips.You should know me from before.I'm a 13-y.o. ROM Hacker.I used to make Pokemon BlackGranite X.I know it as the worst ROM Hack available to download.The hack is now beign re-done.The name of the hack is CapuMon BlackGranite X:Fixed Edition.It's base is Pokemon Emerald.
Storyline
Oh, so you want the storyline?Fine.You're a 13-year-old kid who moved from the region of Corna to the region of Hoejo.There you get a new PokeDex and a Johto starter.You have to get all over the place to catch new Pokemon.Go and fight new gym leaders!New trainers await you!Save the world from a new gang,Team TD!Defeat the champion!Now once you have all that done, let the nostalgia sweep over you with Pokemon G/S/C music.
Features
New music!(The music was a pain to insert)
Completly new region!
New trainers!
Pokemon G/S/C music!
Some cities/towns are exact copies of the towns in Kanto and Johto(except Goldenrod City).

New features will come as time pass by.
Screenshots(the new ones will be coming soon:-) !)
View attachment 65812

View attachment 65813

View attachment 65814

View attachment 65815
New screens are coming soon, these ones are dead since the times of Mac OS 9.0 .
Support Banners:
blackgraniteuserbar.png

HTML:
[IMG]http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o627/mavy42/blackgraniteuserbar.png[/IMG][/URL]

HTML:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=286124"][IMG]http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o627/mavy42/banners%2032/blackgranitebanner.png[/IMG][/URL]
Credits
Lu-Ho and Jiggly=For using AdvanceMap
HackMew=For using A-Trainer,A-Starter,A-Ptch and SMCA.
The Helmeted Rodent=For using his Sappy 2006 music insertion tool
Mavy42=For his userbars. Thanks:)!

If I forgot anybody,Just tell me.

Team

• Sako=Beta Tester
  • Me=Mapper,Music Inserter,Bug/Glitch finder

• Looking for: Key=

1. Bold: Really badly need the person/people who'll do the job.
  2. Normal=Not an important job.
  3. StrikethroughAleready got the person/people for the job.

• Music inserter
  • Spriter(I just can't keep up with Baro's OW forever,right?)
  • Beta TesterAleready got Sako,I might ask for one more later on as the game proggesses(or when Sako will give up).
  • Bug/Glitch finders(3)Looking for 3 Bug/Glitch finders
  • Banner maker Got Mavy42.Seriously,great work!

Downloads:
Pokemon BlackGranite X FINAL!Yes,that's it!The final thing!Let's start working on Pokemon DarkShadow.

View attachment 65940
NOTE:
The New BlackGranite X is out!
Go, get it
here!

Last edited:

PokemonMasters

Always Remember Forever&After
Years
so far the game is good ;) keep up the good work :)

EDIT:
Found some bugs.
1 When you talk to a signpost in Pallet town, it gives you a Watmel berries and the text box doesn't disappear.
2 When the Professor runs he goes over the fence.
3. When I chose Cyndaquil the game froze . (basically if you choose one of the 3 starters the game freezes)
4. Some texts are outside the textboxs.
5. When you get out of the truck your in a different place.
6. Theres a border error in Pallet Town.
7. After the thing chases the Professor, when you go up hes gonna say to help him the the player goes to the right. (theres a fence there)

thats about it since it freezes whenever i choose a pokemon -.- :)

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Wait, just out of interest, did you specifically ask Baro if you can use his OW of the main character, as that may be a nono...
EDIT: Nintendork, thanks for that clearup.

Other than that, the maps are riddled with tile errors. All of the screenshots that show the water do not have the waters edge like they should, yet some sides of the water do, so you may want to really look at your mapping.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2014
In addition to what was already said there was no set entrance to your house. You just walk in from the side. And why are you using Gym tiles as your Pokemon Lab? It's very confusing.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Wait, just out of interest, did you specifically ask Baro if you can use his OW of the main character, as that may be a nono...

Other than that, the maps are riddled with tile errors. All of the screenshots that show the water do not have the waters edge like they should, yet some sides of the water do, so you may want to really look at your mapping.

Baro allowed his sprites to be ripped and put up on Spriters Resrouce
http://www.spriters-resource.com/gameboy_advance/pokequartz/index.html
So I'm guessing it would also mean he's allowing people to publicly use them.

Either way, you've got a long way to go with this.
The screenshots aren't the best, you've used the horrible yellow man mess sprite with in every hack would be a big fat No. Since it's not even a real pokémon sprite.

The fourth screenshot is the first appearence of Scott's script, So ... that needs changing. (To me it seems like you did that screen just to skip the 4 screens or more rule...)

''The region of Hoejo''
Hoejo ... Hoenn + Johto?
Not the most original name. There's many better ones I'm sure you can think of.

''Oh, so you want the storyline?Fine.You're a 13-year-old kid who moved from the region of Corna to the region of Hoejo.There you get a new PokeDex and a Johto starter.You have to get all over the place to catch new Pokemon.Go and fight new gym leaders!New trainers await you!Save the world from a new gang,Team TD!Defeat the champion!Now once you have all that done, let the nostalgia sweep over you with Pokemon G/S/C music.''
This seems more of a explanation of things to do in the game, rather than a story.

New music!(The music was a pain to insert)
That's a good feature.
Completly new region!
One would expect this in a new pokemon game.
New trainers!
Again, same as above.
Pokemon G/S/C music!
Good feature ruined.
Some cities/towns are exact copies of the towns in Kanto and Johto(except Goldenrod City).
What.

Mikachu

Veteren Trainer
Years
  • Age 26
  • Cali
  • Seen Jan 22, 2024
Something that doesn't really make sense to me is if it's a 'new' region why does it have exact replicas of city's from other regions... it would just be a mesh of two regions into one, so not really a new region when yo think about it.
As for bugs, I found the same ones in above posts and can't go further in the game due to it freezing after you choose a starter.

NightkymZ

Ultimate Tiles Matcher
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 15, 2015
Its look good....Cant wait for the next release!

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
So after five tries editing my
first post, I gave up. Now if my cat can get off part of the
keyboard....

Anywho, time to critique!

The storyline is...dull, okay you moved from the main region in Quartz, defeat bad guys, then finish the game. If your trying to make it like an official pokemon game then nice story. If your trying to make the story original, brainstorm ideas, trust me, it helps.

Um..about the new region with exact copies of Kanto and Johto towns..what? Did the two regions colapse with each other then the people renamed it? If you make a new region you make new towns that's how it works. If you want us to visit towns in Kanto and Johto you can make an event that lets us go to that particular part of their regions.

As for screens, get a great mapper. To be honest, the screens just look like a bunch of tile errors, the ones with water especially.

I tried the game and I crashed as soon as I chose a starter. :P

Good luck, and just put more effort and heart into your games to make them better. :)

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I tried the game and didn't dare go past picking the starter yet. For starters, not much has changed, but I'll let that slide for now (though, a new intro would be nice, really...)

Right, from the starting area - Tile errors such as the river that just... Ends, cut off. Not good to look at. Houses look blocky and shouldn't have side entrances like that that warp as soon as you step on the tile, just annoying. Why is the Professor's lab a Gym anyway? The lab is also very empty, it needs something to look at least more lab like! And now to the starter event. Oh wait... I missed the beginning Rival event. Turns out you can skip that and go straight to the Starter event. Also, I can exit this part of the event back to the starting town before choosing the starter, and when I return realising I made that mistake, I accidently talked to the Professor, freezing my game. Quite a few bugs and errors in just 2 minutes of playing, really. Also, as soon as I choose a Pokemon, my ROM freezes. Really, needs a lot of work... Just to be playable to me.

Also, you used the wrong grass tile on your maps. You used the darker grass which should only be used as shade like under a building like the E4 building, not everywhere.

Zortac

League Champion
Years
Okay guys.Thanks for your critism and I think that I'll re-do the maps.Oh yes.The bug with the starter is the bad wild pokemon battle music pointer.I need to re-insert the music.
@umbreontheultimate:No,the games aren't ready(Beta 6.3A1-That's an incomplete version with a lot of bugs,look at the comments.)
@classiccartoonsftw The current BlackGranite X goes up to Route 2314(the end of the first region)
@pokemonmaster:
so far the game is good ;) keep up the good work :)

EDIT:
Found some bugs.
1 When you talk to a signpost in Pallet town, it gives you a Watmel berries and the text box doesn't disappear.
2 When the Professor runs he goes over the fence.
3. When I chose Cyndaquil the game froze . (basically if you choose one of the 3 starters the game freezes)
4. Some texts are outside the textboxs.
5. When you get out of the truck your in a different place.
6. Theres a border error in Pallet Town.
7. After the thing chases the Professor, when you go up hes gonna say to help him the the player goes to the right. (theres a fence there)

thats about it since it freezes whenever i choose a pokemon -.- :)
1)It's meant to happen-A easy way to get money
2)Meant to happen-Yes,he's supposed to jump over the fence so that your rival won't take him on his/her fishing rod
3)Will get fixed(I promise :) )
4)It'll get fixed for the final Beta 6.3
5)I don't get it.You mean that you're in like Comper City or any other weird place?
6)Do you mean the lake on the south-east ?
7)I know I need to make the fence smaller
@nintendork
What.
I mean,like only some of the cities are re-made.All others are completly new.That goes to all others who went like 'WHAT?' in the Kanto/Johto cities beign re-made.Oh yes,Goldenrod City is the only city that wasn't re-made-I just created a custom version of it.
The fourth screenshot is the first appearence of Scott's script, So ... that needs changing.
It's actually meant to be a ghost.
@Tcoppy
As for screens, get a great mapper. To be honest, the screens just look like a bunch of tile errors, the ones with water especially.
Can you do any better?
@Banjora
Houses look blocky and shouldn't have side entrances like that that warp as soon as you step on the tile, just annoying.
I wanted to be original with the doors,but if you find that annoying,I'll do normal doors in beta 6.3.

Thank you for you time reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back