• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon XENOTIME

Status
Not open for further replies.

pikarich

Pokemon Xenotime Founder
Years
Nice update! Lovin the screens.
As for my contest, I don't really like any of the suggestions, 'cept for Sand Palm, so keep the suggestions coming guys. I'll pick a winner soon. Hopefully we'll have regular contests to decide stuff. We can't do it all ourselves!

pikarich

Pokemon Xenotime Founder
Years
It's Peeky, but I'm second-in-command and head of storyline. What I meant was, we need all the help we can get from you guys!

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
oh its not a problem, I just wasn't sure who was running the project... I'll help if I can. I might just be good for idea as most of time is taken up working on my project.

shadowtogepi

I nct'a lelt fi 'mi ogdo.
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
Hydro town?
I'm going to come up with more and more ideas, till its done

pikarich

Pokemon Xenotime Founder
Years
I had the ideas Iono Town, Strato Town, Tropo Town, Meso Town and Aurora Town based on layers of the Earth's atmosphere. Whaddaya think?

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
Years
Well, this thread has given me a mixed opinion. On the one hand, it looks like some attempts were made to provide a quality, fun game for us to enjoy. On the other, it appears that some of those attempts were failures. While you do use well made tilesets adapted from the DS games, and several well-designed custom images, there are occasional problems. For example, many of the custom tiles are fully 2D, and would appear much better in a GBA setting than alongside tiles from Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum. Add to that the fact that you're overdoing things by including more regions than you need to, and you have a potentially difficult time ahead of you, building the game.

On the other hand, it looks like some real thought went into this game, which is a rarity with RMXP games these days. It also looks like you have put a lot of work into the game, and that quite a bit of that work has payed off.

All in all, good job. There are areas where the game looks like it could be improved, but it also looks like it will provide a unique, enjoyable experience, when it is completed.

pikarich

Pokemon Xenotime Founder
Years
Thank you! It's very important to hear constructive criticism, we are doing our best to improve maps and tiles to make the best Pokemon game ever and stay tuned for the demo.
New town name ideas: Ozona, Haemogloba, Vendetta, Gehenna and Gematria.

shadowtogepi

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
I had the ideas Iono Town, Strato Town, Tropo Town, Meso Town and Aurora Town
Iono, Strato, Meso and Tropo aren't really what I would think, however, aurora town might work, if you have something like a suicune shrine, or suicune lives in the water to the south, or something like that

pikarich

Pokemon Xenotime Founder
Years
Yeah, Aurora was the only one Peeky liked. It's the current leader, please submit your entries by, hmm, let's say 9pm on Easter Sunday please. We're still open to suggestions, so please give ideas. Winner is that name and possibly a role in the game. I'm gonna work on the gym leaders' 'mon.

shadowtogepi

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
i'd say keep aurora, but give a legend about suicune in the town. I have posted ideas, and none of mine work, so auroras the one i'm backing

Also, what are the gym leaders types? I would like to know.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Update:
Revamped all screens!
Screenanimated.gif
Screen2-1.png
Screen9-1.png

Screen11-1.png
Screen10-1.png
Screen7-1.png

Screen4-1.png
Screen5-1.png
Screen8-1.png

Screen15.png
Screen13.png
Baldmananimated.gif
Professors.png
Screen6-1.png

That's about two months work there. Hover over each to get info. I've taken Mrchewy's advice and changed the opacity of the clouds quite a bit. He's right, they look much better now.

Map:
map2.png

I've taken some of Wichu's advice on the map and added a connection between Kindlewood town and the Rock gym town.

Home Town name competition winner:
And the winner is... pikarich! Yes, pikarich, who actually set up the comp had the best idea, Aurora town!

Update on demo:
I have been eventing a lot more, but sadly since I keep revamping what's already there, it's going to take a long while untill the demo is released. Still a couple of months probably.

I'll reply to the quotes tommorow, I don't have enough time right now.

shadowtogepi

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
so, aurora town is the best, well done.
How far have you got? It looks like it's turning out well.

thelaytonmobile

Beginning Reading Your Message
Years
Cool new screens, I especially like the day/night one.
And yeah Peeky Chew I meant like route and town maps, I'll try and get an example if those kinda maps are what you need.
Keep up the awesome work on this!

PS: What's with the blue foliage? Seems kinda wierd to me. Is it a feature in the game or something?

Another thing, I think you still need to add more connections on that region map. I know that the player will be able to fly at some point, but it's nice to be able to walk.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
So my first comment here.
I was gonna say "PalmBeach Town" But due to not being able to log in. (im on a cell now,comp dont work.)

This game looks really nice, and fun too play. Great work, and keep up the progress. Good luck.

pikarich

Pokemon Xenotime Founder
Years
*update*
NEW STORYLINE COMP

Now we need a name for the small village on top of Mt Kindle. It has ash falling contstantly on it and for those of you who remember Boyleland from Pokemon Ranger 2, it'll be kinda like that. Contest runs from now till this Friday, April 9th, 9:00pm GMT. Winner will get their idea as the town, and possibly a little role in the game...

Answers to storyline questions;

countryemo-Nice idea, too bad the competition's over! xD
thelaytonmobile-The blue stuff is to do with a storyline thing we're not ready to disclose yet. More information coming soon! And we're working on the map, something tells there's an unbalance of towns to gyms, but more info soon.
shadowtogepi-We're doing very well, just check out the front page with the cool load bars.

Also, I'm gonna be doing regular updates of my own to do with the story, kinda like this one. Remember I always need fresh ideas for the story of this game, and rest assured, there will be more than in any other Pokemon game to date. I would use Twitter, but it's Peeky's account, so...

nimmy23

Hi im nimmy23... Hi im nimmy23
Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2012
EmberThorn Town, that could be the name

shadowtogepi

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
Multiple ideas for Mt kindles town:
Crater village, Mt kindle square, Kindletop village, kindletop, vulcan village, lavaspark village, Peak village, Lavasteam village.
I might have taken some ideas from other games accidentaley. if so, oops, and sorry.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
Years
Ashflow, Singetop, Burntip,Charfall,Lavaiathan(I was bored XP ) ,or just a SIMPLE kindle village, named after the mountain,Charain....just from 5 minutes of thinking...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back