• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Magma or Aqua/Kyogre or Groudon?

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Team Groudon!
Although I do prefer the uniforms of Team Aqua ^^
But I just find Groudon to be a bigger badass than Kyogre. I find Kyogre to be calm and relaxing and swimming in his ocean. As opposed to Kyogre, who would literally just hyper beam on anything that would dare stand in it's way! :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I like Team Magma and Groudon the best. I liked Magma's outfits, and Groudon is a beast.

TheWaffleKiing

Pokemon Lets Player :)
Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2014
Magma

magma always magma unless emerald i love groudon and i loved ruby fire is great not in real life but in pokemon games its the buissness :)

Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2013
Well just like a lot of people here, I played sapphire first so I gotta say Team Aqua/ Kyogre.

Years
  • Seen May 20, 2013
Team Aqua shall expand the oceans and drown the lands masses! We shall prevail.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
No you shall not KarosNB! I prefer Magma because of their cool suits and Groudon because I like his design and Ruby was my first game :)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 9, 2020
I always pick the Fire-type startert so Team Magma and of course Groudon with his "one turn" solar beam xD

PokemonMasters

Always Remember Forever&After
Years
Even though Fire types are my favorite, I would have to go with Kyogre and Team Aqua. I liked Team Aqua's outfits better and I prefer Kyogre's design than Groudon. And there wasn't any water type in Hoenn that I liked so when I caught Kyogre, I used that for Surf and Waterfall :p

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
I'm going with Groudon without any doubt. When I bought Ruby and Sapphire, I started a new game at the same time in both and decided that Ruby would be my "master version" and that I'd use Sapphire to complete the dex on my Ruby and experience new things, so I have to say that I've played a milion times Sapphire more than Ruby (for that fact), and I ended up abhoring Team Aqua and missed a lot Team Magma.

So definitely, Groudon and Team Magma are my choice.

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
This one is mixed for me. Between the two legendaries, I prefer Groudon over Kyogre. But in design, I would say Archie over Maxie, and I actually prefer Archie's plan over Maxie's, so overall, I would choose Team Aqua.

Schwan

Frontier Brain
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
Aqua, and if Rocket was an option then definitely Rocket. I love the sea so I chose Aqua over Magma.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 13, 2021
It's funny, because I prefer Team Aqua, but I prefer Groudon over Kyogre.

Years
Aqua and Kyogre were much better IMO. A land with nothing but water sounds more threatening in my opinion.

Whistler

Questioner
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2014
Team Aqua...I'm all for conservation of clean drinking water... :)

Back