• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pyromancers: Fire-type Pokémon Club

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Name: andson2016

Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokemon: Arcanine DUH!!! Can't Forget Flareon

Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: The inner strength that is unleashed from the amazing creatures. The strong bond that I grow with these Pokemon to the point that i can't put the game down. Anticipating every successful battle, taking on every challenge believing in my Pokemon 100%

Answer to current topic: Nine tales would be amazing to see mega

Welcome! That's a quite a deep response to liking Fire-types, very nice. Also, Ninetales seems to be the popular choice here for Mega Evolution, and for good reason.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Welcome! Can't argue with Blaziken and Houndoom, they are two of the best Fire-types. It's true, fire can stand for warmth and light as well as destruction, I like that. I think Ninetales should be Fire/Psychic for sure, not so much Fairy, I just don't see it. For Arcanine, Engulfing Flames? That's quite the name for an ability. That would mean STAB Extremespeed with a boost. Sounds awesome, but might be a little bit overpowered. Still very cool though.

Blaziken and Houndoom has always been some of my favorite Pokemon in general (: Fire/Psychic is definitely a great fit for Ninetails, you might be right about fairy though, probably not the best. It does seem kind of overpowered now that you mention it...i just had to think of Aerilate and Pixelate and this came to mind. Maybe drop the Boost and just make all the Attacks be Fire-Type?

Wicked3DS

Years
If you drop the boost, I think you'd be ok. After the boost and STAB, Extremespeed would be a 156 power move with priority. That's outrageous lol. But I think without the boost it would be okay.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I guess it would put Mega-Arcanine into Uber or banned, but oh well.
I just cant come up with another ability for him at the moment

Wicked3DS

Years
Just changing Normal-type moves to Fire-type without any other boosts would probably not get it banned, that really doesn't make it overpowered.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
A good ability for Mega Arcanine would, in my opinion, be Speed Boost. Though, this could wind up making it overpowered, but to prevent that from happening, perhaps it could have a slight decrease in Speed stat? That way, other Pokémon would have the chance to land an attack on it or two before it becomes fast and whatnot. :P

Wicked3DS

Years
Speed boost on Mega Arcanine with it's regular speed stat would be outrageously overpowered, so yes, it would have to be lowered to compensate, but if it can stay out, it would be dangerous.

Years
Speed boost on Mega Arcanine with it's regular speed stat would be outrageously overpowered, so yes, it would have to be lowered to compensate, but if it can stay out, it would be dangerous.

Yeah, if we were to have a possible Mega Arcanine with Speed Boost it'd be damn overpowered and have no choice but to stay in Ubers. Just think of how dangerous Blaziken became with this ability.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Arcanine's offensive stats aren't as hugh as Blaziken, though. If it did get Speed Boost, even without Speed stat decrease, I honestly don't think it would wind up getting banned.

Wicked3DS

Years
That's a good point, and it also doesn't have the movepool and versatility that Blaziken does either.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Well, Blaziken is just too much to handle :P
But i have to agree, Arcanine wouldnt be nearly the offensive threat that a Blaziken is

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
Years
Gah! I haven't posted here in a while. It is good to be back! Mega arcanine should have an ability to turn normal moves into fire moves. If not, have fur coat. Make his defense stats worse and boost his attack/ speed higher.

Years
Name:Justin
Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Charmander and Cyndaquil
Reason(s) for liking Fire-types:they are good against a lot of types and they are just the coolest looking pokemon. and i first started with charmander my first game ever so i have loved them ever since
Answer to current topic:if i had to pick id say Typhlosion

Wicked3DS

Years
Name:Justin
Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Charmander and Cyndaquil
Reason(s) for liking Fire-types:they are good against a lot of types and they are just the coolest looking pokemon. and i first started with charmander my first game ever so i have loved them ever since
Answer to current topic:if i had to pick id say Typhlosion

Welcome! Starting with Charmander definitely sparked my love of Fire-types too. Mega Typhlosion would be pretty cool, I do like it a lot but I have trouble using it because of its movepool.

Gh0stFlame

The Fire/Ghost type pokemon
Years
Name: DJ
Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Infernape and Charizard
Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: Their Fiery Passion burns as fiercely as a Dragons breath.
Answer to current topic: Infernape and Reishiram because if Infernape had a Mega Evolution i would most definitely get whatever game its in, I chose Reishiram for the same reason.

Wicked3DS

Years
Name: DJ
Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Infernape and Charizard
Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: Their Fiery Passion burns as fiercely as a Dragons breath.
Answer to current topic: Infernape and Reishiram because if Infernape had a Mega Evolution i would most definitely get whatever game its in, I chose Reishiram for the same reason.

Welcome! "Fiercely as a Dragon's breath, very well put. Infernape is just meh to me (mostly because of the Fire/Fighting thing, I'm a Blaziken purist), but maybe I'd like it better if they gave it a cool Mega Evolution. Reshiram probably would never get a Mega Evo unless Zekrom got one too. Mewtwo seems to be the loner on legendary Mega Evos and I'm not sure why...

Gh0stFlame

The Fire/Ghost type pokemon
Years
Thanks for the welcome to the club! Zekrom and Kyurem should get mega Evolution if Reshiram get one.
Zekrom and Reshiram would keep there abilities whereas Kyurem would probably get the ability TurboFreeze (Same idea as TurboBlaze and TurboVolt.) and the Black and white Kyurem forms would also have a mega evolution too... probably a fusion of Mega Zekrom/Reshiram and Mega Kyurem. The 5 Mega Evolutions would most likely be put in the Uber Catergory.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Reshiram probably would never get a Mega Evo unless Zekrom got one too. Mewtwo seems to be the loner on legendary Mega Evos and I'm not sure why...

If they ever get one, it would be both or none of them, i agree.
Mewtwo got one and apparently Latios/Latias have one, as have been leaked.
So although i dont think all legendaries will have one, who knows, maybe some will

Back