• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Orre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2011
Thanks, I appreciate that comment! :)

Especially since that thing took so long, hehehe. It's still not complete, I still have to add people to it. And maybe alter it a little bit to make it look even better.

Years
When did DM make a CNS? I don't mean to sound rude or anything but I made the CNS for the group project myself.. Nobody helped me at all...

On a lighter note, the Group project includes a CNS and CBS.
You are welcome to use those, PKMN Sage :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2011
Sounds great! Hope it becomes available on time.

EDIT - Where have you been Krazy_M? You were asking me for updates and when I do, you don't show up, lol. Anyways, glad to see you've returned. :)

Years
Lol. It took me a long time but when I posted that, I had actually read all of your updates and I like how your game is progressing! I think it is very promising!
When you post screenies could you please post images which aren't .PNG? I would like to be able to see your work as well :)

EDIT: The battle is a bit complicated but we should get it done in a bit of time. It is still wild battles as of now but It will not be that hard to make it ready for trainer battles. The only other things that bother me are the item screen (but I am going to work on that now), and the pokemon screen (DM was meant to be working on that.. He hasn't gotten back to me for a while).

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2011
Are you talking bout the Agate Village screenshot? It's not in .PNG, it's in bitmap. That's the only image type that Lateralshift will let me upload.

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2011
I think Krazy_Meerkat meant that he made the CNS and DM used it for his game.

Pine

~Yummers~
Years
Possible Solution!

PKMN_Sage said:
Anyone have a suggestion for a problem I have?

I've created a Day/Night feature but when it is night outside, and you enter a home, it is night inside too. The event is a parallel process on a transparent tile that calls a common event(day/night). Does anyone have any suggestions to correct the problem? I think maybe I would have to put in a transparent tile in every home and create a call event that makes it tint the screen back to normal. But that would become tedious and time consuming considering how many homes I have.

If you are still having that problem, I think I may have figured out a possible way to fix that.

First I need to know more details about your night system...

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2011
I did have a day/night system and a weather system but decided to drop it. It was more trouble than it was worth. It worked but I couldn't shut it off using switches when it appeared inside homes, I think it may because they are both Parallel Processes in the Common Events. Maybe I'll change my mind but for right now, I'm going to concentrate on other things.

Pine

~Yummers~
Years
Okay, but if you change your mind, I think I have a good alternate way to have an effective day/night system...

So, how far has the rest of the game progressed? How far can you get in it now?

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2011
It's going good. Just trying to complete the maps. You can get all the way up to Agate Village. I'm going to be working on The Under soon. Thanks for offering the day/night system but I think that I'll focus on doing the other things first. After that, I'll try to get it to work, if I don't then I'll see if someone can help fix it. I just need someone to find a way to switch it off when you go inside. I tried doing it but for some reason it wont turn off. I think it may be because it's parallel process.

Years
I know this may sound stupid but did you make sure the day/night thing was set to the switch? Then whenever you go inside just make a switch that turns it off and changes the screen tint back to normal, then whenever you go out it turns the switch on.
Also another thing that I have noticed, if you have an event teleport you somewhere and you turn a few switches on after the line of code where it says "teleport to here" it will only complete one of those switches. (what I mean is, you can only turn on/off one switch after you tell the event to teleport you somewhere)

Try a few of these and use the F9 button to see if any switches have indeed been turned on/off.. I don't know what else it could be

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
i'd love to help but i haven't even got round to doing my day/night system yet. there was something i wanted to ask you. Are you gonna include a few new areas in the game because from what i remember from playing colosseum there wasn't very many towns.

Pine

~Yummers~
Years
Yeah. If it's ten years into the future, it should definately have new cities...and expansions to existing ones.

(I don't know about Snagem's Hideout though...you blow it up at the beginning of the game and clear it out later in the game...so if you did put it there it would be empty...no trainers, items, pokemon...nothing...very boring...)

You know, you may not even need to make so many new cities...I mean, before you would ride that cool hover-motorcycle everywhere, but you never actually walked all that distance...

It leaves a big area of desert where there could be anything...A nice place to put several small towns and villages...

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2011
Yeah, there are definitely new areas. If you've played the demo, then you can see there are new places you can go to. There aren't enough cities and towns for gyms, so of course I had to make new ones.

And about the day and night system, I'll handle that at the end and see if I can correct it. But if not, I'll try letting someone else see what I am doing wrong.

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2011
Oh yea, I remember you saying that. Is it just for my game, or have you been having that problem with other games too?

Pine

~Yummers~
Years
It's interesting...it seems to just be RM2K games...

I'll try downloading it again...

Do I need to run it through RM2K or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back