• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Thanks for the bugs Ash493, I'll have to work on that border between Celadon and Route 7.

Thanks for the suggestions, Denali! The reason the boy leads you around like that to the Gym is because I'm too lazy to fix that right now when it gets the job done as it is! lol! Yeah, the rain should work in the Charmander event when you talk to it after talking to Damien now, the event should be fixed now. I'll fix the levels of the Pokemon when you leave the St. Anne too. Hmm, there should be a girl blocking the door to the Celadon Gym when you get there so you can't get in unless Team Rocket helps you ...

Codec, is that the front of the sprite or the back of the sprite? I can kind of see a beard there, and maybe the eyes are hidden, but it's a little hard to tell. Can you do a side sprite as well? Well, I might add it, but I'm afraid I don't have enough overworld sprites, and I don't know how to add additional ones. I might have to learn!

Tudj, I'd like to put the movies in the hack, obviously somewhat limited and not as expanded. But I haven't fully decided on it, but I'm leaning toward at least attempting it.

Thanks for all the comments, everyone! I haven't had the chance to work on it the last couple of days due to work, but I'll try to work on it as much as possible in my spare time! :)

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2009
hi metapod i like a lot pokemon and i tried to download pokemon ashgray but i can't how can i download it

reply please

Denali

C++ Programmer
Years
No problem, Metapod. I've decided I'm going to restart AshGray from the beginning. I'll search for more bugs and suggestions. I guess I'm sorta your unofficial official beta tester lol. Well, better get started....

-Denali

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2011
Maybe you will listen my ideas (you haven't to use it if you don't like)
I watched "Charmander the stray Pokemon". It is said that they were at Route 24, therefore you should remap these series. And Bill's Lighthous should be at Route 25.
Make Meowth with Team Rocket (I don's see it in Viridan Forest, 4 example)
And make Misty and Brock your rivals.
And a question: Will you make Johto?

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Maybe you will listen my ideas (you haven't to use it if you don't like)
I watched "Charmander the stray Pokemon". It is said that they were at Route 24, therefore you should remap these series. And Bill's Lighthous should be at Route 25.
Make Meowth with Team Rocket (I don's see it in Viridan Forest, 4 example)
And make Misty and Brock your rivals.
And a question: Will you make Johto?
I agree with the things until the 4th suggestion.
Misty and Brock are supporting characters, making 'em rivals wouldn't be good for 'em.
Anime Johto hack is already here :) And it's good one so Metapod doesn't have to do it :)

Tudj

HeartGold :P
Years
Adding to what Ash said, there wouldn't be enough room to add Johto, with Metapod already adding the Orange islands after you complete the Kanto Journey.

LightSlei

ExtremelyHyperNerdTestGam erGuy
Years
Ya you probably don't know me although I've been LPing your hack but someone sent me this message and I really have no idea how to respond to it:

Fus1onBarr3l @ youtube.com said:
Hi nice walkthrough but i have a question.
When I got bubsaluar and went to the underground path the door isnt letting me go to the underground path. Do you have 1.0 beta or something. I really need to know how did u get through becuz its not letting me gothrough, im only standing in the door way and nothing happen. Write back plz

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't been around in a bit, but I've been busy with work and stuff - I finally had two days off in a row, so I've had a chance to work on the game some today. I'm working on the Punchy Pokemon and it's coming along nicely. I might upload a new Beta with the event in it once I've completed it as a small update to fans of the game, since I haven't made much progress on it over the last couple weeks.

LightSlei, I did see your walkthrough - I was surprised someone was doing a walkthrough for it already! But I noticed you're using an older version of the game - you should update to the new version. The newest version (Beta 1.65) shouldn't have problems with getting through underground doors and stuff ... In the newest version, the Hidden Village leads directly to Route 6.

Tudj

HeartGold :P
Years
Hmm, at least it is good to see an update from you, and hope to see a few more and another release. Good Luck

Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2009
hey guys im a newbie and i dont know how to download this or any other hack, so can u tell me how? thx peeps.

Auroraking35

Guardian of the Seas
Years
Problem

Hey, you have a problem on your hands. I seems that I cannot get through to Viridian City cause its blocked by water. If you can solve this problem I would gladly appreciate it.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Beta 1.68 is released - please try out the Punchy Pokemon event and let me know what you think! :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 1, 2010
Freezes after I talk to Charmander, and talke to Damien in poke center. The screen goes black when i try to leave.

Back